• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

breaking wudu?

Posted 17 March 2006 - 12:46 PM (#1) User is offline   SufianA 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

salam..
i would just like to know that if you have just done ghusl and wudu , and are still naked but someone calls you for example your mother and you speak whilst naked but whilst in your room (and they cannot see you) will your wudu break?
Prophet Muhammad (saw) (pbuh) "Do not acquire knowledge to compete with the scholars,nor argue with the ignorant, nor to gain mastery over gatherings. Since whoever does that,then:the fire!the fire!"

Posted 17 March 2006 - 12:54 PM (#2) User is offline   Mohammed-Haleem 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

Originally posted by: Muhammad Sufian

salam.. i would just like to know that if you have just done ghusl and wudu , and are still naked but someone calls you for example your mother and you speak whilst naked but whilst in your room (and they cannot see you) will your wudu break?

No, there are no talking restirictions while being naked regarding wudu. If you talked while being naked your wudu will remain as long as you not seen naked!
"If you put your whole trust in Allah, as you should, He most certainly will satisfy your needs, as He satisfies those of the birds. They come out hungry in the morning, but return full to their nests""

Posted 17 March 2006 - 01:40 PM (#3) User is offline   farishta 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip

What about if a na mahram sees a girl without her scarf after she has taken wudhu.. will her wudhu be invalid?
Humanity has nothing to do with riches,
O Rehman, a statue of gold
Can not be man.

-Rehman Baba

Posted 17 March 2006 - 03:28 PM (#4) User is offline   sadia786 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

I think you should keep your head covered at all times anyway.. My mum says that Shaitan pees on uncovered heads...! even if you do wudu when you wipe your hands over your head you should wipe and cover straight away.
If your head is uncovered it means shaitan pees on it.. therefore you dont have wudu.....rite....?
I dont know for sure.. just what ive been told...

please someone correct me if im wrong..

"The LOVE of GOD and HIS Prophet (Sallallah-o-Alaih-e-Wasallam) is infinetely superior to the love of MORTAL HUMAN BEINGS and other worldly things"

Posted 17 March 2006 - 08:17 PM (#5) User is offline   Mohammed-Haleem 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

Originally posted by: Sadia Ahmad

I think you should keep your head covered at all times anyway.. My mum says that Shaitan pees on uncovered heads...! even if you do wudu when you wipe your hands over your head you should wipe and cover straight away. If your head is uncovered it means shaitan pees on it.. therefore you dont have wudu.....rite....?I dont know for sure.. just what ive been told...please someone correct me if im wrong..

If non mehram see's your hair the wudu will be broken, and Sis Sadia Has made Valid point.
"If you put your whole trust in Allah, as you should, He most certainly will satisfy your needs, as He satisfies those of the birds. They come out hungry in the morning, but return full to their nests""

Posted 17 March 2006 - 08:17 PM (#6) User is offline   Mohammed-Haleem 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

Originally posted by: Sadia Ahmad

I think you should keep your head covered at all times anyway.. My mum says that Shaitan pees on uncovered heads...! even if you do wudu when you wipe your hands over your head you should wipe and cover straight away. If your head is uncovered it means shaitan pees on it.. therefore you dont have wudu.....rite....?I dont know for sure.. just what ive been told...please someone correct me if im wrong..

If non mehram see's your hair the wudu will be broken, and Sis Sadia Has made Valid point.

Posted 17 March 2006 - 08:25 PM (#7) User is offline   Imran. 

• Full Moon
  • PipPipPipPipPip

[IQ]If non mehram see's your hair the wudu will be broken, and Sis Sadia Has made Valid point.

Is that a modern fatwa? because i did not think that it did in hanafi fiqh.
La Ilaha Ill Allah Muhammadur Rasool Allah

Posted 17 March 2006 - 09:12 PM (#8) User is offline   Muhammad_Mobasher_Muhammadi 

• MMM
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • LocationDubai, UAE

Waalaikum Assalaam!

No, wudhu doesnot break if you see a non-mehram or talk to someone behind a wall while naked.

It breaks if you release gas, stool, urine, mazzi, mani and sleeping with your back resting on a wall or floor.

It also breaks if you answer someone's salaam while praying or start talking.

This is not all, but I felt like adding this.

JAZAK ALLAH

What is the constant concern of The Holy Prophet Alayhis Salaatu Wa Salaam? The Forgiveness of His Ummah. Struggle for it.

A common human being uses no more than 3 percent of his brain's total capability. Where do you use the remaining 97 percent when there is nothing meaningless or unnecessary in God's creation? In search of His Ma'arifah, in the path of spirituality - to Know Him.

Posted 17 March 2006 - 09:22 PM (#9) User is offline   Sag--e--Raza 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

As-Salaatu Was-Salaamu Alaika Yaa Rasoolallah (sallallahu alaihi wa sallam)

Wa-Alaikum-us-Salaam,
The reason you posted will not lead to nullifying of Wuzu

The reasons given below leads to nullifying of Wuzu, all the other reasons/misconcepts will not make Wuzu void

@WAYS IN WHICH THE ABLUTION BECOMES VOID
@Ablution becomes void by two factors:
@1. Things to issue from the body.
@2. Things which affect the body externally.

@THE FIRST TYPE

@This includes the following:

@(1) Passing urine or a stool.

@(2) Passing gas.

@(3) Emission of pus, blood, piece of stone, worm, prostatic fluid,
etc. from anus or genitals.

@(4) Flow of blood from any part of the body.

@(5) A mouthful of vomit containing blood, pus or other stomach
contents, excluding spittle and phlegm.

@(6) If vomiting occurs at short intervals, but the total quantity of
vomited matter equals a mouthful.

@(7) Spittle containing a lot of blood.

@(8) Emission of semen due to shock, fall, etc.

@(9) Emission of dirty** fluid from sore eyes, unless it is chronic.

@(10) Watery fluid issuing without pain from a woman's breasts,
excluding milk.

@(11) Non-menstrual bleeding of the uterus (Istihadah,) and emission
of prostatic fluid.

@(12) Ablution also becomes void upon the discharge of menstrual blood,
semen, the blood after child-birth (nifas) etc. These factors require
a person to take an Islamic shower (ghusl) for purification.

@THE SECOND KIND

The external factors that void ablution are:

@(1) Sleeping with one's back or belly flat on the bed or ground,
or with one's body reclining against a support.

@(2) Temporary insanity.

@(3) Fainting due to shock or disease.

@(4) Being intoxicated by eating, drinking or smelling an
intoxicant.

@(5) Laughing during prayer except in the funeral prayer.

@(6) **Bringing the genitals into contact by two persons in the lustful
state, without a curtain between them, even if there is no emission
of semen/uncovered genital foreplay even if there is no seminal emission.

@(7) A sick person falling asleep while offering prayers in the
lying down position.

@(8) **A person's going to _sleep outside the Prayers, when his
heels are out of contact with the ground/ A person sleeping between
prayer times with his feet raised.

@FACTORS WHICH DO NOT VOID ABLUTION

@(1) Going to sleep during the prayers, even if it occurs during
the prostration.

@(2) Dozing in the sitting posture.

@(3) Laughing by a minor during the prayers.

@(4) Laughing during the funeral prayer.

@(5) Slight laughter or smiling during prayers.

@(6) Flow of milk from a woman's breasts.

@(7) Becoming naked, or touching one's own genitals, or looking
at another person's nakedness.**

@(8) Appearance of blood in a wound, unless it flows from the
wound.

@(9) Having a haircut or trimming of the beard after making ablution.

@(10) Spitting or coughing up phlegm, even if it is in mouthful.

@(11) Embracing or caressing of a husband and wife**

@(12) A worm appearing from the ear, nose or mouth.

@(13) Excretion of clean fluids from the body, such as tears, sweat,
etc.

@(14) Belching even if it is odorous.

@(15) Telling a lie, back-biting or committing a minor sin.

Hope this will clear the doubts

Wal-Hamdulillah
wAllahu ta-'aalaa 'alam

Kya kahoon Aaqaa (sallallahu alaihi wa sallam) mein kya hoon
Banda-e-Gaus-ul-waraa hoon
Kwajaa key Dar kaa Gadaa hoo
Aur Sag-e-Ahmad-Raza hoon

Yaa Gaus Al-Madad

Posted 18 March 2006 - 06:11 AM (#10) User is offline   Mohammed-Haleem 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

Originally posted by: Imran Waheed

[IQ]If non mehram see's your hair the wudu will be broken, and Sis Sadia Has made Valid point.Is that a modern fatwa? because i did not think that it did in hanafi fiqh.

I dunno which fiqh its for but it was asked on Dm Digital, most likely to be in the Hanafi Fiqh.

Posted 18 March 2006 - 06:12 AM (#11) User is offline   Mohammed-Haleem 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

Originally posted by: Muhammad Mobasher Muhammadi

Waalaikum Assalaam!No, wudhu doesnot breakif you see a non-mehram or talk to someone behind a wall while naked.It breaks if you release gas, stool, urine, mazzi, mani and sleeping with your back resting on a wall or floor.It also breaks if you answer someone's salaam while praying or start talking.This is not all, but I felt like adding this.JAZAK ALLAH

But it would break if the non mehram saw the females hair!

Posted 18 March 2006 - 12:20 PM (#12) User is offline   Muhammad_Mobasher_Muhammadi 

• MMM
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • LocationDubai, UAE

Originally posted by: Mohammed Haleem Naqshbandi Siddiqui

Originally posted by: Muhammad Mobasher Muhammadi Waalaikum Assalaam!No, wudhu doesnot breakif you see a non-mehram or talk to someone behind a wall while naked.It breaks if you release gas, stool, urine, mazzi, mani and sleeping with your back resting on a wall or floor.It also breaks if you answer someone's salaam while praying or start talking.This is not all, but I felt like adding this.[IMG][/IMG]JAZAK ALLAH[IMG][/IMG]

But it would break if the non mehram saw the females hair!

Can you provide some evidence.

Because over here, when we go to the masjid, on the way we may find many females with their head uncovered. Will we have to perform ablution again?

No.

You have misunderstood something brother.
What is the constant concern of The Holy Prophet Alayhis Salaatu Wa Salaam? The Forgiveness of His Ummah. Struggle for it.

A common human being uses no more than 3 percent of his brain's total capability. Where do you use the remaining 97 percent when there is nothing meaningless or unnecessary in God's creation? In search of His Ma'arifah, in the path of spirituality - to Know Him.

Posted 18 March 2006 - 12:24 PM (#13) User is offline   Mohammed-Haleem 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

Originally posted by: Mohammed Haleem Naqshbandi SiddiquiOriginally posted by: Muhammad Mobasher Muhammadi Waalaikum Assalaam!No, wudhu doesnot breakif you see a non-mehram or talk to someone behind a wall while naked.It breaks if you release gas, stool, urine, mazzi, mani and sleeping with your back resting on a wall or floor.It also breaks if you answer someone's salaam while praying or start talking.This is not all, but I felt like adding this.[IMG][/IMG]JAZAK ALLAH[IMG][/IMG]

But it would break if the non mehram saw the females hair!Can you provide some evidence.Because over here, when we go to the masjid, on the way we may find many females with their head uncovered. Will we have to perform ablution again?No.You have misunderstood something brother.

No your Wudu does not break the Females whoose hair you have seen her Wudu breaks! i hope its clear now!

I dont think i have misunderstood but ill try gather some evidence if i can!

Posted 18 March 2006 - 01:03 PM (#14) User is offline   Sag--e--Raza 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

Originally posted by: Mohammed Haleem Naqshbandi Siddiqui

Originally posted by: Mohammed Haleem Naqshbandi SiddiquiOriginally posted by: Muhammad Mobasher Muhammadi Waalaikum Assalaam!No, wudhu doesnot breakif you see a non-mehram or talk to someone behind a wall while naked.It breaks if you release gas, stool, urine, mazzi, mani and sleeping with your back resting on a wall or floor.It also breaks if you answer someone's salaam while praying or start talking.This is not all, but I felt like adding this.[IMG][/IMG]JAZAK ALLAH[IMG][/IMG]

But it would break if the non mehram saw the females hair!Can you provide some evidence.Because over here, when we go to the masjid, on the way we may find many females with their head uncovered. Will we have to perform ablution again?No.You have misunderstood something brother.

No your Wudu does not break the Females whoose hair you have seen her Wudu breaks! i hope its clear now!

I dont think i have misunderstood but ill try gather some evidence if i can!

Brother Haleem i have provided all the reasons which breaks the Wuzu. That does not includes seeing a non-mahram's hair
When you know the things which breaks Wuzu atomatically all the other reasons will not break Wuzu.
Are you getting my point

The reference for what i provided is
http://www.alsunnah.ca/DailyFiqhbyASFC.doc

Yaa Gaus Al-Madad

Posted 18 March 2006 - 01:05 PM (#15) User is offline   Mohammed-Haleem 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

Yeh bro i get your point, maybe i did misunderstand il ask the local imam of our mosque see what he has to say!

Posted 19 March 2006 - 12:11 AM (#16) User is offline   SufianA 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

Originally posted by: Sag -e- Raza

[.@(7) Becoming naked, or touching one's own genitals, or lookingat another person's nakednessim pretty sure i have read somewhere that if you touch your genitals it breaks, and also looking at nude pics??? if someone looked at naked girls surely it would break no? im confused
Prophet Muhammad (saw) (pbuh) "Do not acquire knowledge to compete with the scholars,nor argue with the ignorant, nor to gain mastery over gatherings. Since whoever does that,then:the fire!the fire!"

Posted 19 March 2006 - 12:44 AM (#17) User is offline   Imran. 

• Full Moon
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Becoming naked, or touching one's own genitals, or lookingat another person's nakednessim pretty sure i have read somewhere that if you touch your genitals it breaks, and also looking at nude pics??? if someone looked at naked girls surely it would break no? im confused[/Q

Not in the hanafi madhab!
La Ilaha Ill Allah Muhammadur Rasool Allah

Posted 19 March 2006 - 01:07 AM (#18) User is offline   Iqra 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

Sis, the story about shaytan urinating on your head is not true. I was told by our ustad.
Knowledge is what is implemented. Knowledge is not what one has memorised.

Posted 19 March 2006 - 08:42 AM (#19) User is offline   Sag--e--Raza 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

Originally posted by: Sag -e- Raza

[.@(7) Becoming naked, or touching one's own genitals, or lookingat another person's nakedness

im pretty sure i have read somewhere that if you touch your genitals it breaks, and also looking at nude pics??? if someone looked at naked girls surely it would break no? im confused

As brother Imran Waheed said it will not break according to Hanafi Fiqh, but according to Shaafayi Fiqh it does breaks Wuzu if one touches genitals.

Regarding, looking at naked person or pics, ofcourse, it is a sin, but it will not break Wuzu.(unless there is some discharge)
for example: to eat during fast is a sin but that will break your Wuzu (if you were with Wuzu)

Yaa Gaus Al-Madad

Posted 19 March 2006 - 09:19 PM (#20) User is offline   Zahid-bhatti 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

breaking wudu?

The following acts nullify wudu':

·           Whatever comes out from the two private parts (front and back): waste matter, urine, wind, wadi (a thick white secretion discharged after urination), mazi (a white sticky fluid that flows from the sexual organs when thinking about sexual intercourse or foreplay, and so on), and prostatic fluid. Semen, menstrual blood, and post-childbirth blood require ghusl.

·           Emission of blood, pus, or yellow matter from a wound, boil, pimple, or something similar to such an extent that it flows beyond the wound's mouth.

·           Vomiting a mouthful of matter.

·           Physical contact for pleasure between men and women without any obstacle (e.g., clothes). If the head of one's penis disappears into a woman's vagina, ghusl is required.

·           Loss of consciousness through sleep, drowsiness, and so on.

·           Temporary insanity, fainting, hysteria, or intoxication.

·           Audible laughter during prayer.

Signature reset by YaNabi Team. Keep it nice and SHORT.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options
  Or sign in with these services