Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Niyat - Intention for prayer

Posted 22 October 2004 - 11:52 PM (#1) User is offline   SKhan66 

• New Moon
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Assalaamu alaikum, i have a question concerning the niyat (intention) of salaat. Is it possible/allowed for me to do this in English which i currently am for example: "I pray two rakat (or as many required for that time) Fard (if its Fard or say Sunnat if its Sunnat or say Wajib if its Wajib or Say Nafil if its Nafil) for Allah Tala Facing towards Kaba". when in front of an imam do i just say "I pray two rakat (or as many required for that time) Fard (if its Fard or say Sunnat if its Sunnat or say Wajib if its Wajib or Say Nafil if its Nafil) in front of this imam for Allah Tala Facing towards Kaba". is this sufficient enough. Could you please confirm this for me and show me in any way i can make my niyat more respectful . And also for Juma, or taraweeh what additions are required of my niyat. Many thanks W-Salaam

Posted 23 October 2004 - 12:21 AM (#2) User is offline   Sufi_learner 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Aslamo alaikum

Is it possible/allowed for me to do this in English 

Yes Do My Niyyat in English Aswell.

when in front of an imam do i just say "I pray two rakat (or as many required for that time) Fard (if its Fard or say Sunnat if its Sunnat or say Wajib if its Wajib or Say Nafil if its Nafil) in front of this imam for Allah Tala Facing towards Kaba". is this sufficient enough

Yes - However you would say 'Behind the Imaan'

And also for Juma, or taraweeh what additions are required of my niyat.

Jummah = I make the intention to Pray 2 Rakat Fards For salatul Jummah, BEHIND this imaan Facing towards the Qibla Shareef.

Tarawee = I  make the intention to Pray 2 Rakat Sunnat For salatul Tarawee, BEHIND this imaan Facing towards the Qibla Shareef.

I would advise you to enter the Mahol of Dawat-e-Islami, Ahamdullilah you will Learn how to read namaz Properly. Also How to Pronounce the words correctly (is there any point of Praying namaz when you are praying wrong?).

Dawat-e-Islami are active in a number of Cities In The UK, And quite possibly there are Dawat-e-Islami brothers in your City aswell.

Wasalam

Slave of Dawat-e-Islami

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options
  Or sign in with these services