• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ex-muslim questions

Posted 12 March 2006 - 04:32 PM (#81) User is offline   venus_zany 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

The Glorious Quran was revealed by the Creator to our beloved Prophet Muhammed (may peace be upon him). It was the Majestic Allah, knower of all the knowers, who informed us through His magnificent prophet Muhammed (may peace be upon him) about the history of Ancient Civilizations (Like Egypt), and geography of the world. Only a Higher Being would have that divine knowledge.

The Glorious Quran made a mention of Pharoahs and his council way before the discovery of Egyptian writing.
"We sent Musa with Our Signs and clear authority to Pharaoh, Haman and Qarun. But they said, "A lying magician." When he brought them the truth from Us they said, "Slaughter the sons of those who have faith with him but let their women live." The stratagems of the unbelievers are nothing but errors. Pharaoh said, "Let me kill Musa and let him call upon his Lord! I am afraid that he may change your religion and bring about corruption in the land." Musa said, "I seek refuge in my Lord and your Lord from every proud man who does not believe in the Day of Reckoning." (Quran, 40: 23-27)

Similarly, Egyptian mummies were mentioned in the Noble Quran, before archaeologists began their excavations in Egypt.
"We brought the tribe of Israel across the sea and Pharaoh and his troops pursued them out of tyranny and enmity. Then, when he was on the point of drowning, he (Pharaoh) said, "I believe that there is no god but Him in whom the tribe of Israel believe. I am one of the Muslims." What, now! When previously you rebelled and were one of the corrupters? Today we will preserve your body so you can be a Sign for people who come after you. Surely many people are heedless of Our Signs." (Quran, 10: 90-92)

Furthermore, Allah Subhanu wa Tala, informed humans through our Holy Prophet (may peace be upon him) about the two different types of seas that flow right  beside each other in Istanbul, under the bridge that connects Asia with Europe.
Allah (Subhanu wa Tala) beautifully mentions the two different types of water (Black Sea, with it's dark, murky water), and Sea of Marmara (clear, regular looking water) that flow right beside each other, but neither of them mixes with the other. This is found in Chapter 55 of the Noble Quran.
"He made flow two seas that look to be joined. And there is Carriers in between them that one can not excel the other." (Quran, 55:19-20)

Moreover, the Noble Quran, also explained human reproduction, before the invention of modern technology, before medical science.
"We created you, so why do you not confirm the truth? Have you thought about the sperm that you ejaculate? Is it you who create it or are We the Creator?" (Quran, 56: 57-59)

"We created man from the purest kind of clay; then made him a drop in a secure receptacle; then formed the drop into a clot and formed the clot into a lump and formed the lump into bones and clothed the bones in flesh; and then brought him into being as another creature. Blessed be God, the Best of Creators!" (Quran, 23: 12-14)

"Does man reckon he will be left to go on unchecked? Was he not a drop of ejaculated sperm?" (Qur'an, 75: 36-37)

"He has created all things in the best possible way. He commenced the creation of man from clay; then produced his seed from an extract of discarded fluid." (Quran, 32: 7-8)

"Truly, your Lord is vast in forgiveness. He knew you well when He created you of earth, and when you were embryos in your mothers' wombs. So do not claim purity for yourselves. He knows best those who guard themselves against evil." (Quran, 53: 32)

It is only after years of research, scientists were able to discover that an embryo goes through three stages of development, and Allah Subhanu Talla knew this answer without any research, and mentioned it in the Noble Quran, 1400ish years ago.
"... He creates you stage by stage in your mothers' wombs in a threefold darkness. That is God, your Lord. Sovereignty is His. There is no god but Him. So what has made you turn away from Him?" (Quran, 39: 6)

Unlike other religious scriptures, the Glorious Quran has the distinction that it has never been altered by a human since its revelation. And, that's an undisputed fact among both Muslims and Non-Muslims.
"It is a Book We have sent down to you, full of blessing, so let people of intelligence ponder its Signs and take heed." (Quran, 38: 29)

I hope the above would help you in having faith in Our Glorious and Most Merciful Allah.

I would just like to finish this post by one of Quran's most widely known verses.

"God, there is no god but Him, the Living, the Self-Sustaining. He is not subject to drowsiness or sleep. Everything in the heavens and the earth belongs to Him. Who can intercede with Him except by His permission? He knows what is before them and what is behind them but they cannot grasp any of His knowledge save what He wills. His throne encompasses the heavens and the earth and their preservation does not tire Him. He is the Most High, the Magnificent." (Quran, 2: 255)

“Verily in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest.” (13:28)

Posted 12 March 2006 - 04:32 PM (#82) User is offline   venus_zany 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip

"THE NAME "HAMAN" IN THE QUR'AN IS ALSO MENTIONED IN THE ANCIENT EGYPTIAN INSCRIPTIONS

Some of the information the Qur'an provides about ancient Egypt reveals many historical facts that were not disclosed until recently. This information also indicates that every word in the Qur'an is used in accordance with divine reason.

"Haman" is another person, along with Pharaoh, whose name is mentioned in the Qur'an. In six separate verses, Haman is referred to as one of the closest men to Pharaoh.

Surprisingly however, we never encounter the name of Haman in that section of the Torah where the life of Musa is related. However, there is reference to Haman in the latter chapters of the Bible, as the counsellor of a Babylonian king, who lived approximately 1100 years after Pharaoh, and who was notorious for his cruelty against Jews.

Some non-Muslims, who claim the Qur'an to be a compilation of the Bible by the Prophet Muhammad (saas), allege the fallacy that the Prophet (saas) incorrectly copied some of the material from the Bible into the Qur'an.

However, this claim has been proven to be groundless, thanks to the decipherment of the Egyptian hieroglyphic alphabet approximately 200 years ago. Through this achievement, the name "Haman" was found in the ancient Egyptian inscriptions.

Until then, the writings and scrolls in the ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs had remained unread. The language of ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs had remained in use for many centuries, but with the spread of Christianity, and its ultimate cultural influence in the 2nd and 3rd centuries A.D, brought an end to the knowledge of it. The last example of the hieroglyphic writing known to us was a scroll dated 394 A.D. After this date, hieroglyphic had become an extinct language, leaving behind no one who could speak it until the 19th century.2

The mystery of ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs was solved only in 1799, by the discovery of the Rosetta Stone, which dated back to 196 B.C. The use of three different languages made this stone decipherable: hieroglyphic, demotic (a simplified form of hieroglyphics used by the ordinary literate class) and Greek. The ancient Egyptian writings were decoded mainly by the help of the Greek script. The transcription was completed by a Frenchman, Jean-François Champollion, and an extinct language, as well as the history conveyed by it, had finally been brought to light. Thus, ancient Egyptian civilization, representing an entirely different religion and social life, was resurrected.3

Thanks to the decoding of hieroglyphic, we also attained an essential piece of information related to our subject: the name of "Haman" was indeed mentioned in the Egyptian texts. This name was inscribed on a monument displayed today in the Hof Museum of Vienna. The inscription also stressed the nearness of Haman to Pharaoh.4

In the "Dictionary of Personal Names of the New Kingdom," a dictionary based on the information gathered from a complete collection of scrolls, Haman is mentioned as "the chief of workers in the stone-quarries."5

Unlike the claims of its opponents, Haman was a person that had lived in Egypt at the time of Musa, just as was indicated in the Qur'an. Again, as mentioned in the Qur'an, he was a man close to Pharaoh who was responsible for construction projects.

Similarly, the verse conveying how Pharaoh asked Haman to build a tower is also in compliance with evidence in this archaeological finding:

Pharaoh said, "Council, I do not know of any other god for you apart from Me. Haman, kindle a fire for me over the clay and build me a lofty tower so that perhaps I may be able to climb up to Musa's god! I consider him a blatant liar." (Qur'an, 28: 38)

In conclusion, the existence of the name of Haman in the ancient Egyptian scrolls not only rendered these fabricated claims totally unfounded, but also reinforced the fact that the Qur'an is the infallible word of God. Miraculously, the Qur'an reveals to us a piece of historical information which had been otherwise impossible to attain or resolve during the time of the Prophet (saas)."

Harun Yahya

“Verily in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest.” (13:28)

Posted 12 March 2006 - 04:58 PM (#83) User is offline   Aslan 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip

Assalam-o-Alaikum dear sis**,
Again and again we've provided different evidences. But she ignores them ALL!!!
You think this is a waste of time for us??
We cannot make the blind see nor the deaf here!!!

May Allah Taa'la show xxxx the light, Ameen.

I asked her to respond but she hasn't and instead changed the subject again and again!!!
This really is getting useless!!!

I remember, once on my cd player, i had put some Quran Shariff on, and i saw that my hindu friend was near me. And since he seemed intrigued by my cd player, i asked him to listen to it!!!
This he did, and then i asked him to close his eyes(he didn't know what the cd was of), and after a little while i removed the cd player from him.
And i asked him, "what did you feel??". I knew he was still shocked after listening to it and speechless, so i asked him if felt if he was OUT OF THIS WORLD, and he replied "yes", and i said where did you think you were?? And he replied that he thought he was in heaven!!!! SubhanAllah.
Then he asked me "what was that", and i said, it was the Holy Quran, its Islamic!!!
But then, after that, still he refused to believe!!! He told me that why would he give up the religion of his fathers and forefathers!!!
Very strange that way, i don't kno how one can deny such an incident that he admitted too!!!
Well, i think history is repeating itself here... And this person seems just as stubborn and ignorant!!!
Take care,
Allah Hafiz.
Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) who said, "Make your accounting before it is made for you, weigh your sins before they are weighed for you."

Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said:"Indeed, actions only go by intentions. Everyone gets what they intend.

Posted 12 March 2006 - 11:54 PM (#84) User is offline   senas1 

• New Moon
  • Pip

hi all
thanks for you're advice. unfourtunetly due to study reasons, i can not visit you're site as regularly as i wish. i'll be back in a few month when my studies are finished (and i'll try to do some studies about islam before i come back).
thanks again for your kindness and patient.may god show all of us the true path to the truth
thanks somayeh

Posted 30 October 2009 - 02:57 AM (#85) User is offline   Zarb-e-Ali 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

Sorry to sound harsh but what a stupid thread. Some feminism- influenced teenage girl (probably passing through her puberty) who wants 'freedom' with opposite sex and dsnt wana be a slave of her husband - questions islam and leaves it because theres no room for homosexuality.

I have seen no animal being born with a freaking homosexual disorder, why is it only humans :w00t:

Duh, if thats all you'r parents teached you :hehe:

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options
  Or sign in with these services