Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Are prawns halal

Posted 30 September 2004 - 11:19 PM (#1) User is offline   h1066 

• New Moon
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

would just like to know if prawns are halal or not.

Posted 01 October 2004 - 12:24 AM (#2) User is online   Qadri-Jilani 

• Full Moon
  • Group: Administrators

Prawns are Khilaf-al-awla. i.e. there is doubt in them so they should not be eaten. Even if you find opinions which state otherwise it still does not remove the doubt as others scholars have expressed thier doubt in them which means there will always be doubt (shak) in prawns.
Maslak-e-Ahl-e-Sunnat

jarahat al-sinani laha'l-tiyamu ma yaltamu jarahat al-lisani
ei biradar chu 'aqibat khakast, khaak shawesh az ankei khaak shawee
apni millat par qiyas aqwam-e-maghrib sei na kar, khas hei tarkeeb mein qawm-e-Rasool-e-Hashmi

Posted 01 October 2004 - 01:37 PM (#3) User is offline   h1066 

• New Moon
  • Pip

thanks for the info

Posted 02 October 2004 - 02:58 AM (#4) User is offline   Rasheed 

• New Moon
  • Pip

Assalam O Alaikum

According to Hanafi Nisab Ahle Kudmate Sharia if some one considered it as a fish then it is Halal for them but if some one considered it as not a fish then they considered it as Mukhruhe tarhami (close to Haram).

Syed Rasheeduddin Ahmed
www.muslimconsumergroup.com 
YaNabi Team

Posted 11 October 2004 - 11:30 AM (#5) User is offline   Saiqat-ur-Rada 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip

So far eg: If wud like to eat PRAWN so can i consider it as a Fish myself???// or do i need 2 consult ne MOLANA??????

Posted 11 October 2004 - 12:11 PM (#6) User is offline   mficain 

• New Moon
  • Pip

Brother Muhammad Ahsan Jamil... whatever smites you within yourself should be regarded as a sin... This is philosophy of 'doubt' in any matter - be it with the food one eats, or the imaam one performs his Salaah behind. If there is doubt, abstain.

Posted 09 January 2005 - 07:38 PM (#7) User is offline   Abu-Faizan 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip

I have been told that prawns ae halal once the black vein is removed. Any ideas what this means? Personally I don'/t eat them because I dont like the look of them but I know many muslims do eat them.
Shah e Mardaan, Sher e Yazdan,

Quwat e Parwardigar

Lafatah Illa Ali ya, La saifullah Zulfiqar

Posted 25 January 2005 - 12:48 AM (#8) User is offline   umarsajid 

• New Moon
  • Pip

I eat praw cocktial (bad at spelling) crisp is that flavouring or the real deal.

Posted 25 January 2005 - 02:50 AM (#9) User is offline   Syed-Azfar-Hussain-Bukhari 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

I do not eat prawns; prawns eat flesh that include insects, worms, fish, feces of fish they even eat each other so they are meat eating creatures (this is a biological fact) & all meat eating animals are haram for example shark is haram as it eats meat (they are not fish this is also a biological fact as they belong to phylum arthopoda/subphylum crustacea further more fish are vertebrates they are invertebrate so even a high school student knows that they are not fish). But even if you classify prawns even as fish they should not be halal as they eat meat (shark is haram prena is haram). Although I,am not a mufty but I,am so sure that they are haram that I think that Islamic governments should prohibit their maketing. Nevertheless until an established mufti presents a futwa they should be cosidered as either mushtaba or makroohe tehrimi at least; in both cases do not eat them you have many other things to eat. Wasalam.
Manam Az Qatra-e-Shabnam Banook-e-Khar me Raqsam

Posted 02 April 2005 - 03:18 AM (#10) User is offline   mariahussain 

• New Moon
  • Pip

salam you can eat prawns Now and Again, because the matter of fact i know is that they are (MUKRU)!

Posted 02 April 2005 - 05:59 AM (#11) User is offline   Rasheed 

• New Moon
  • Pip

Assalam O Alaikum

If you follow Hanafi fiqa strictly and knew the fact that it is Mukrooh, then it becomes the question of Taqwa. Taqwa has several levels or degree, since it is close to Haram according Hanafi Muzhab and scientifically it can not be considered as fish. Beside you also have other choices such as vegetables and other Halal foods to eat, then again it depend upon how you can fight your nafs or appettite for prawn. It is all about Taqwa.

Syed Rasheeduddin Ahmed
YaNabi Team

Posted 19 June 2005 - 09:58 PM (#12) User is offline   msharuk 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

This sounds dumb but here goes. So are crisp which have Flavouring, like Umar Sajid said, are they eatable, like beef flavoured crisps etc. because its a "flavour" or is it TOTALLY haram, and what is Flavour? is it just someone decided to name the crisp, or is it what is in their thanks, Allah Hafiz
NULL

Posted 20 June 2005 - 12:09 AM (#13) User is offline   Rasheed 

• New Moon
  • Pip

Assalam O Alaikum Br. Shar

Fiqah's rulings are not dumb and in future you have to use good words to express your opposite views. I was attempting to explain about taqwa regarding eating only Halal foods. If you disagree then say so in nice words.

Syed Rasheeduddin Ahmed
YaNabi Team

Posted 30 June 2005 - 11:55 PM (#14) User is offline   msharuk 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

QUOTEOriginally posted by: Syed Rasheeduddin Ahmed
Assalam O Alaikum Br. SharFiqah's rulings are not dumb and in future you have to use good words to express your opposite views. I was attempting to explain about taqwa regarding eating only Halal foods. If you disagree then say so in nice words.Syed Rasheeduddin Ahmedwww.muslimconsumergroup.com

lol, u didnt understand what i meant, i said what i was going to say in my post will sound dumb, becos they way i say it, if u read my post again i think inshallah u will understand, astighfaar, i would never say a fiqa is dumb
Allah Hafiz
NULL

Posted 03 July 2005 - 11:57 PM (#15) User is offline   Rasheed 

• New Moon
  • Pip

Assalam O Alaikum Br. Shar,

I am glad you clarify it because it sounds like you saying about fiqah. I just brought it from a fiqah book for gaining knowledge about it. 

Syed Rasheeduddin Ahmed
YaNabi Team

Posted 05 July 2005 - 02:58 AM (#16) User is offline   Abu-Feizah 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

flavourings do not necc contain the active ingredients from the actual product in question. However the issue stands that just because the flavouring is not "prawn" it does not mean that the flavouring is halal - it may be made from something else which is haram, therefore you need to check carefully.

best to stick to fresh fruit and veg, and meat from halaal butchers bro..... cut out all that processed stuff, it can be good for you anyway

lol

Haq Maula Ali!

Shaah ast hussain badshaah ast hussain, deen ast hussain deen panah ast hussain
Sar daad na daad dast dar dast-e-yazeed
haqqa ke bina la illah ast hussain!

Posted 09 July 2005 - 12:20 AM (#17) User is offline   true-muslima 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

salam brothers, i wud jus like to say why eat something u r not sure abt neway, i mean if they are many views from the scholars stay away, has Allah not blessed us with other fish and many other foods, we are bickering over fish such as prawns , when Our Beloved Nabi Kareem had to eat and live on a single date for months. n he did not once complain, his purest family prefered knowlege over food.
life is a long journey, travel well n u'll reach home(junnah), astray along the path n u'll get lost forever.

* Sale Alaho Alaika ya Muhammadin noorun min noorilah*

Posted 28 January 2009 - 12:06 PM (#18) User is offline   gfinanc 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

im a hanfee and always eaten prawns never heard they are haram we all eat them. They are delicious. the other sunni schools dont forbid them also shafee maliki and hanbali.

Posted 28 January 2009 - 01:10 PM (#19) User is offline   Husayni 

• Full Moon
  • Group: Moderators

ahmad-ali (28.01.2009)
im a hanfee and always eaten prawns never heard they are haram we all eat them. They are delicious. the other sunni schools dont forbid them also shafee maliki and hanbali.

Its makrooh in hanafi fiqh.Other fiqh do allow it

YaNabi Team

If you want to understand the Qur'an you go to Ahlul Bayt, if you want to understand Ahlul Bayt you go to the Qur'an.

Shaykh Sayyid Muhammad bin Yahya Al-Ninowy Al Husayni

Posted 15 March 2010 - 07:55 PM (#20) User is offline   seeker 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

Very simply it is allowed. However, the Hanafis consider it disliked, while in the Shafi'i madhhab it is 100% permissable and not even disliked.

PLEASE pray for me - just say Ameen!
OH ALLAH, GUIDE US

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options
  Or sign in with these services