• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Iman of Abu Talib

Posted 03 January 2012 - 01:06 PM (#21) User is offline   piara-madinah 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

View Postshez1983, on 09 August 2010 - 07:11 PM, said:

One thing that always confuses me is the logic behind people saying He must be a momin as he is related to the Prophet? if that is the case then surely abu lahb also must be a muslim as he is also related?

Have you ever read surah Lahab.if not read the surah and translation and if can read tafseer , after doing that you will know the answer and you will ask forgiveness from Allah of thinking that surely abulahab must be a muslim etc.

only the person never read the surah can think that .

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:42 PM (#22) User is offline   shez1983 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

View Postpiara-madinah, on 03 January 2012 - 01:06 PM, said:

Have you ever read surah Lahab.if not read the surah and translation and if can read tafseer , after doing that you will know the answer and you will ask forgiveness from Allah of thinking that surely abulahab must be a muslim etc.

only the person never read the surah can think that .

I was being sarcastic.. saying that thinking that everyone related to Prophet Has to be a muslim is flawed..

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:09 PM (#23) User is online   Mudassar-Rana 

• Full Moon
  • PipPipPipPipPip

The ahadith about the non-iman of abu talib is a famous one - probably more famous than any of his deeds etc.

Could someone clarify about the status of his wife, the lady who brought up rasool allah s.a.w, the lady who bore syedna ali a.s - the only woman in the world to be honoured by giving birth inside the kaaba. Apparently she was a muslim and till the death of abu talib a.s they remained married. Was it allowed then for muslim woman to be married to a kafir?
my brothers are those who will believe in me, without having seen me.” [Ahmad, Musnad]

Jaag Muslmaan Jaag Muslmaan ... kitna naacho gai ghairon ki dhun par?Jis ummat mein rab ne sher paida kiye aaj wohi gheedar ka libaas apna muqaddar samjh bethi

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:17 PM (#24) User is offline   seeker 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

View PostMudassar-Rana, on 27 April 2012 - 05:09 PM, said:

The ahadith about the non-iman of abu talib is a famous one - probably more famous than any of his deeds etc.

Could someone clarify about the status of his wife, the lady who brought up rasool allah s.a.w, the lady who bore syedna ali a.s - the only woman in the world to be honoured by giving birth inside the kaaba. Apparently she was a muslim and till the death of abu talib a.s they remained married. Was it allowed then for muslim woman to be married to a kafir?

I don't know anything about the wife of Abu Talib (would likewise be very interested to hear about her) but there were other women who were Muslims whose husbands were not yet Muslim, it was not an isolated case. I guess in the early days the emphasis was on Imaan, and then later on in Madinah the laws were gradually revealed.

If anyone could present the view of Abu Talib's Imaan, please do so (rather than emotional rhetoric, which is understandable but unhelpful). Or at the least the Ulema who have held this position. This is one of those matters where I, personally, (not that anyone cares or should care) am sitting on the fence.

I do realise this is an old post but if anyone who happens to come across this now can do so, it would be useful.

PLEASE pray for me - just say Ameen!
OH ALLAH, GUIDE US

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:11 PM (#25) User is offline   objective-enquirer 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • Group: Moderators

View Postseeker, on 27 April 2012 - 05:17 PM, said:

I don't know anything about the wife of Abu Talib size]

It is not an argument for Iman of hazrat Abu talib®, you search here and find the evidences. however, my dear brother, it is strange that a learned brother does not know about Hazrat Fatima bint Asad®, the mother of Imam Ali and the Prophet(s) called her my mother after my mother and when she died the Prophet(s) laid in her grave first and preapred her grave with His(s) own hands and so on. To know about Her is to know about the seerah of the Prophet(s). Who raised Him(s)? The Blessed lady died in the year 4 AH.

here is about her death from al-Tabarani:

( 871 ) حدثنا أحمد بن حماد بن زغبة ، ثنا روح بن صلاح ، ثنا سفيان الثوري ، عن عاصم الأحول ، عن أنس بن مالك ، قال : لما ماتت فاطمة بنت أسد بن هاشم أم علي بن أبي طالب ، دخل عليها رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم : فجلس عند رأسها فقال : " رحمك الله يا أمي ، [ ص: 352 ] كنت أمي بعد أمي ، وتشبعيني وتعرين ، وتكسيني ، وتمنعين نفسك طيبا ، وتطعميني تريدين بذلك وجه الله والدار الآخرة " ، ثم أمر أن تغسل ثلاثا ، فلما بلغ الماء الذي فيه الكافور سكبه رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم بيده ، ثم خلع رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم قميصه فألبسها إياه وكفنها ببرد فوقه ، ثم دعا رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم أسامة بن زيد ، وأبا أيوب الأنصاري ، وعمر بن الخطاب ، وغلاما أسود يحفرون فحفروا قبرها فلما بلغوا اللحد حفره رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم بيده ، وأخرج ترابه بيده ، فلما فرغ دخل رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم : فاضطجع فيه ، ثم قال : " الله الذي يحيي ويميت وهو حي لا يموت ، اغفر لأمي فاطمة بنت أسد ، ولقنها حجتها ، ووسع عليها مدخلها ، بحق نبيك والأنبياء الذين من قبلي فإنك أرحم الراحمين " وكبر عليها أربعا ، وأدخلوها اللحد هو والعباس ، وأبو بكر الصديق رضي الله عنهم .
Eyesight is useless if the insight is blind

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:55 PM (#26) User is offline   arzooemadinah 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip

View PostMudassar-Rana, on 27 April 2012 - 05:09 PM, said:

brother rana saab my eman is hazrat abutalib the best momin on earth who brought up nabi paak saw but if people not satisfied and want to take assumptions etc I dont think any one can call him kafir they need to ask forgiveness from Allah if he didnt do the shahadha but he was still on deen e ibraheemi ( deen e hanif )

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:00 PM (#27) User is online   Mudassar-Rana 

• Full Moon
  • PipPipPipPipPip

View Postarzooemadinah, on 27 April 2012 - 09:55 PM, said:

brother rana saab my eman is hazrat abutalib the best momin on earth who brought up nabi paak saw but if people not satisfied and want to take assumptions etc I dont think any one can call him kafir they need to ask forgiveness from Allah if he didnt do the shahadha but he was still on deen e ibraheemi ( deen e hanif )

i agree.
my brothers are those who will believe in me, without having seen me.” [Ahmad, Musnad]

Jaag Muslmaan Jaag Muslmaan ... kitna naacho gai ghairon ki dhun par?Jis ummat mein rab ne sher paida kiye aaj wohi gheedar ka libaas apna muqaddar samjh bethi

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:08 PM (#28) User is offline   seeker 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

View Postobjective-enquirer, on 27 April 2012 - 09:11 PM, said:

( 871 ) ????? ???? ?? ???? ?? ???? ? ??? ??? ?? ???? ? ??? ????? ?????? ? ?? ???? ?????? ? ?? ??? ?? ???? ? ??? : ??? ???? ????? ??? ??? ?? ???? ?? ??? ?? ??? ???? ? ??? ????? ???? ???? ??? ???? ???? ???? : ???? ??? ????? ???? : " ???? ???? ?? ??? ? [ ?: 352 ] ??? ??? ??? ??? ? ???????? ?????? ? ??????? ? ??????? ???? ???? ? ???????? ?????? ???? ??? ???? ?????? ?????? " ? ?? ??? ?? ???? ????? ? ???? ??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ???? ???? ???? ??? ???? ???? ???? ???? ? ?? ??? ???? ???? ??? ???? ???? ???? ????? ??????? ???? ?????? ???? ???? ? ?? ??? ???? ???? ??? ???? ???? ???? ????? ?? ??? ? ???? ???? ???????? ? ???? ?? ?????? ? ?????? ???? ?????? ?????? ????? ???? ????? ????? ???? ???? ???? ??? ???? ???? ???? ???? ? ????? ????? ???? ? ???? ??? ??? ???? ???? ??? ???? ???? ???? : ?????? ??? ? ?? ??? : " ???? ???? ???? ????? ??? ?? ?? ???? ? ???? ???? ????? ??? ??? ? ?????? ????? ? ???? ????? ?????? ? ??? ???? ????????? ????? ?? ???? ???? ???? ???????? " ???? ????? ????? ? ???????? ????? ?? ??????? ? ???? ??? ?????? ??? ???? ???? .

SubhanAllah very touching account, full of love and mercy. I didn't make the connection that the wife of Abu Talib was Fatima bint Asad, though of course it seems terribly obvious now, the mother of Sayyidna Ali was of course the wife of Abu Talib! Slightly more obscure, but do we know if there is [distant] a blood relation from her to the Prophet (pbuh)?

I found this bit to be quite interesting from a Fiqh point of view... Surely not Tawassul! Indeed.
"???? ???? ????? ??? ??? ? ?????? ????? ? ???? ????? ?????? ? ??? ???? ?????????"

Edit: why do mine question mark up and yours don't? HTML bias?!

PLEASE pray for me - just say Ameen!
OH ALLAH, GUIDE US

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:27 PM (#29) User is offline   objective-enquirer 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • Group: Moderators

Edit: why do mine question mark up and yours don't? HTML bias?!

I am clueless why it happens but what I discovered is that if you paste it once and do not edit or return to that post again, the arabic stays but if you edit your post then it goes to question marks.
Eyesight is useless if the insight is blind

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options
  Or sign in with these services