Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Deobandi concept about 'Id Milad un Nabi

Posted 20 June 2004 - 03:21 AM (#1) User is offline   Ibn-Islam 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

The whole issue is full of contradictions with deobandis...makes no sense!!

Below is the nonsense that deobandis usually say and that has been refuted

Posted 20 June 2004 - 04:31 AM (#2) User is offline   AliAhmed 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

Some questions for the talk given on the "deobandi mawlid" on sunnipath ......

"[The short answer: they do not]"

exactly who is the one "who does not"?

the one mentioned in the talk were clearly doing it for ages, what happened recently? ...did sunnipath deobandis triumph?

has anyone seen the refutation of Taqi Uthmani's true fatwaa by G F HADDAD?

In an age and time when Muslims are being attacked by the enemies of Islam from every angle possible, to debate and talk about something which is a non-issue (yes, a non-issue), such as “celebrating the Mawlid” is doing injustice to ourselves.

...then please tell the wahhabi oriented deobandis in Pakistan, not to give any more fatwaas and let the people there celebrate the Milad ceremonies, they are in safe hands with their own scholars..

yet here we are debating whether it is permissible to celebrate the birthday of the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace).

....it is permitted to celebrate the Maulood un Nabi...it is an Act of Unity....an Act of love.............
why not stop all those shouting "bid'ah, bid'ah" in India and Pakistan?..how can then we look towards the non muslims then?

Much of the above fatwaa is unnecessary talk...nothing to do with the issue of "Maulood un Nabi"

For example: The matter of whether the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) had knowledge of the unseen is made such an issue, but if we were to ponder deeply with cool headedness, it would become clear that there is no real difference.

The Deobandis state that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) had knowledge of many unseen things, but the knowledge was given to him by Allah Most High. Thus, one cannot call the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) the “knower of the unseen” (a’lim al-Ghayb), for that is used when one has knowledge of the unseen without someone else informing him.

Now where did the topic of "'Ilm al Ghayb" come from? What does this have to do with "Maulood un Nabi"? Why waste time on personal ideas?

Once a brother said to me that Allama Ibn Abidin was a Deobandi and Imam Suyuti a Barelwi! I became infuriated and said: “This is completely incorrect. How can you call someone a Deobandi when Deoband did not even exist? The reality is that the Deobandis, Barelwis and also others follow the likes of Allama Ibn Abidin and Imam Suyuti.

The above example is completely IRRELEVANT to even the "deobandi barelwi issue" or to the issue of "Unity between them"...it is damaging rather than illuminating...why state such a horrendous example...

Please tell us, why that brother called Allamah Ibn 'Abidin rahmatullah 'alaih a deobandi?...was there a secret reason behind giving this example? Everyone knows the reality qouted at the end....if we qoute such unnecessary example from ignorant people then we could never solve anything but raise more issues.....................

1) Mentioning only the events of the Messenger of Allah’s (Allah bless him & give him peace) birth in the gatherings,

2) Restricting the gathering to a particular date,

3) Thinking it to be obligatory and binding upon everybody

The first point is mere speculation...I have never seen it in any Malood I attended anywhere in the world, even those done by barelwis......

the second disapproval is an incorrect disapproval, and a lie......no where no one ever even thinks of restricting the Maulood to the 12th of Rabi' al Awwal or the 9th of Rabi' al Awwal, they are the dates on which VAST MAJORITY OF AHL AL SUNNAH scholars have agreed on that our Habeeb was born. Celebrations just reach interim peaks on these blessed days of the Month of Rabi' al Awwal,

just as celebrations reach their peak in the month of Rabi'a al Awwal as compared to other months of the year

the third point above is mere speculation and even ignorant people dont think this today...tell us where?

if the above three main evils are avoided

where did the evils (speculations) like "free mixing", "dancing", "singing of young boys and girls" go?

we do not need speculation and stories.................

2) The element of show-off (riya) is commonly present in these gatherings.

riyaa is everywhere, believe me, I have seen it to much higher extents in Tableeghi Jama'at Ijtimas and deobandi conferences and meetings in Canada, Dubai, London etc and I was shocked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what I saw in Milad gatherings were people, deeply in the love of Habiballah and I did not see the riyaa i saw among the deobandi gatherings......................

3) If someone does not attend these gatherings, he is looked down upon.

.....this is mere speculation again and I swear on Allah sbt, that I have seen deobandis look down on me, when I told them I am a barelwi and that I love their scholars

the degree of "being looked down upon" for just belonging to some community is so astonishing among the deobandis...the degree of malice is astonishing especially among their scholars here in North America.....................

I have never seen any barelwi look down upon any other person who does not attend, but I saw many feel sad about that person not attending, the attendance is "Mustahab" or "recommended".............

However, I have seen barelwis look down on deobandis and wahhabis, because of them stopping others from attending Mauloods by spreading propaganda and fitnah and lies....................

6) Intermixing of men and women commonly takes place in these gatherings. People stay late at night in these meetings thereby missing the next morning’s prayers.

again speculation...........there is no Maulood without Namaz...............

4) Distribution of sweets is considered an indispensable part of the proceedings.

again speculation and a lie too, let the reader decide, who would not eat sweets with children on the greatest celebration on earth?...

7) The focus of the talks delivered there is very limited. The Prophet, Sallallahu alayhi wasallam, has given guidance for every aspect of our life. These cover acts of worship, dealing with other people, morals and manners, social relationships, business dealings, etc. However, it has been observed that the prevalent Milad talks concentrate mainly or solely on the account of the birth of the Prophet, Sallallahu alayhi wasallam, and his miracles. They do not attempt to cover the vast teachings of the Prophet, Sallallahu alayhi wasallam.

I have always found the Mauloods by the barelwis so vast and so comprehensive and so loving and so kind...I don't really know what the above paragraph is talking about......................

It is called a day of Eid, whilst Islam has only prescribed two Eids,

there is nothing wrong in calling it an 'Eid" day even on the 12th or the 9th of everyday of the month of Rabi' al Awwal or the monday

Friday is an 'Eid day...too

“How can I attend a gathering of Mawlid when I prevent others from attending it in India due the evils that have been attached to them. If they (people in India) came to know of me attending a Mawlid what would they say? Upon hearing this, his Shaykh Haji Imdad Allah said: “May Allah reward you. I would have not been happier if you attended the Mawlid than I am in you refusing to come with us, because you are steadfast on what you believe to be the truth.

Would someone please explain to us what are those evils? Are they the same as the above speculations? ...did Imam Ahmed Radza refute the allegations of those evils?

even if there are non shari'ah acts in Maulood, it doesn't mean to prevent people from attending those without the unexplained evils....now the above quote is qouted in different versions...so I would ask my readers to be cautious....if yu read Mullah Ludhianavi's book on islamic sects, yu will find the same quote above but different.....

however, the above example proves nothing...all it proves are supposed deobandi allegations against innocent barelwis...that Imam Ahmed Radza refuted...for they do not exist.......

If my Shaykh, Mawlana Rashid Ahmad Gangohi would have attended the Mawlid gathering, he would have not condemned it, for it was free from evil and impermissible matters.

so the above means, he condemned "Mawlid" itself because of non shari'ah things happening...why not just condemn those things and not the Mawlid?

The rest of the fatwaa is summary repitition or independent free ideas

accept the beautiful words by our master Sheikh 'Alawi al Maliki.

Ya Abu Bakar...Ya 'Umar.....Ya 'Uthman....Ya 'Ali

as salam 'alaykom wa rehmatuAllahi wa barakatuHu

Posted 20 June 2004 - 05:00 AM (#3) User is offline   muslim786 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

Nice One My Dear Brother Ahmed Ali Sistani

The Deobandis can never admit they were wrong, see them trying to jump over mountains to try to justify their wrong fatwas.

All sunnis mosques that I have been to DO NOT have any of the evils mentioned above when doing Milad gatherings nor do any sunni force people to attend, and nor are all gatherings strictly held on the 12th, even if they were I don't see the problem. So why the lies, I hate liers, as anyone would do.
I ask my dear mother about the evils that supposedly happen in Asia during Milad an Nabi, my Mother tells that the people who take drugs and do stuff are not even muslim but usually hindus, you know what they are like they worship anything, recently some hindu film star dudes when to the Mazhaar of Hazrat Chisti Shaab RA to pray for a baby.
Also why is it that people label of sunnis as Barelvis, Ok some sunnis are Barelvi in that their Imams studied under the silsalah scholars related to Imam Ahmed Khan, but many are not.
Also I have to say Imam Ahmed Raza Khan RA must have been a true don, if it takes a whole Dar Al Uloom to debate with him.
Formely known simply as AM

Posted 20 June 2004 - 05:12 AM (#4) User is offline   AliAhmed 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

I love yu my brother AM,

Because, Allah sbt has made u a part of a Tareeqa who Imam Ahmed Radza Khan rahmatullah 'alaih mentioned to be as.............

the Sublime Order “Naqshbandiyya”

Ya Abu Bakar...Ya 'Umar.....Ya 'Uthman....Ya 'Ali

as salam 'alaykom wa rehmatuAllahi wa barakatuHu

Posted 27 August 2004 - 08:38 PM (#5) User is offline   Novice 

• New Moon
  • Pip

What is it what u are trying to prove. These things happen and are common amongst barevli's,

Posted 28 August 2004 - 01:01 AM (#6) User is offline   Sufi_learner 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip

Have u ever been to any 'barevli's' Milaaad gathering - Or did u just blindly accept the words of your mullah's.

Posted 28 August 2004 - 06:06 AM (#7) User is offline   muslim786 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

quote:

Originally posted by: Junaid Muslim
What is it what u are trying to prove. These things happen and are common amongst barevli's,

Assalamulikum Bro,

I am trying to expose the lies that certain people have spread, ALSO heed the following just because someone is a bidati doesn't make them a barelvi.

I hope this clarifies.
Formely known simply as AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options
  Or sign in with these services