• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Different Dua'as

Posted 26 August 2005 - 06:02 PM (#1) User is offline   Attaria23 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

For getting a child
He or she who has no child should recite the following verse three time after every daily prayers (Namaz). Insha Allah he or she will soon have a child.

Transliteration: RABBE LA TAZARNI FARDAVN WA ANTA KHAIROOL-VARESEEN
“O’ My Lord! Leave me not alone (without an issue) though Thou art the best of heirs!”.

For getting a child
One who has lost all hope of begetting a child should frequently recite the following verse. Allah will mercifully grant one child.

Transliteration: RABBE HAB-LI MIL-LADOONKA ZOORRIYATAN TAYYIBATAN INNAKA SAMIOOD DOAAE
“Lord! grant me from unto Thee a good offspring; Verily, Thou art the Hearer of Prayer”.

Dua’a
For getting a child
Th following Dua’a is recommended to be recited 3 times after every Wajib (obligatory) prayer, the person will be bestowed with a child by Almighty God.

Transliteration: RABBE LA TAZARNI FARDAVN WA ANTA KHAIROOL-VARESEEN
“O’ my Lord! Leave me not alone (without an issue) though Thou art the best of heirs!” (21: 89)

Dua’a
For easy and safe delivery of child
The editor of ‘Tibbul Aaimma’ has stated from Imam Mohammed Baqir (a.s.) that a person approached him and told the Imam that his wife was on the verge of death on account of delivery, the Imam asked him to go back immediately and read the following Doa:

Transliteration: FA'A JAA'AHAL-MAKHAZO ILA-JIZIN-NAKHLATE QALAT YA LAITANI MITTO QABLA HAZA WA KOONTO NASIYAM MANSIYA FANA DAHA MIN TAHTEHAA ALLA TAHZANI QAD JA'ALA RABBOKE TAHTAKE SARIYA WA HOOZZI ILAIKE BEJIZ-IN-NAKHLATE TOSAQET ALAIKE ROTABAN JANIYA
Transliteration: WALLAHO AKHRAJAKOOM MIN BATOONE OMMAHATEKHOOM LA TAA'LAMOONA SAHAI-AN WA JAA'LA LAKOOMOS-SAMA WAL ABSARA WAL-AFEDAH LA'AL-LAKOOM TASHKOROONA KAZALEKA AKHROJA AYYOAT-TALQO OOKHROJ BE-IZNILLAHE.
And the throes (of child birth) forced her to betake herself unto the trunk of a palm tree. She said, “Oh! Had I died ere this, and had been lost in oblivion totally forgotten!” Then (a voice) called out unto her from beneath her; “Grieve not thou, verily Thy Lord hath caused from beneath thee, (to flow) a stream!” And shale towards thee the trunk of the palm tree it will drop on the dates fresh (and) ripe;
And say loudly:
Allah has taken you out from your mother’s womb when you were quite ignorant and he endowed you with the sense of hearing, sight and determined for you the ways of thinking so that you should bow in thanks to Him. Let the pains of birth be removed in the similar way: Be removed by permission of Allah.
Whenever he would recite this, his wife will be relieved.
Dua’a
For avoiding early deaths of children
If the children of a woman die young and do not grow up one should recite:

sura “Mozammil” (Chap. 73) seven times, everytime blowing the breath towards Betel-nut round his/her neck with a cotton thread passed through the betel-nut. Insha Allah the child will grow up.

Dua’a
Dua’a for aqiqa of child
A reliable tradition states that Imam Ja’far-e-Sadiq (a.s.) used to recite the following prayer while the animal of aqiqa was being sacrificed.

Transliteration : BISMILLAHE WA BILLAHE.  ALLA-HOOMMA HAZEHI A'QEEQATON AN FOOLANIN (NAME & FATHER'S NAME) LAHMOHA BE-LAHMEHI, WA DAMOHA BE-DAMEHI, WA 'AZMOHA BE-AZMEHI ALLAHOOMMAJ-ALHA, WA QAS'AN LAHOO BE-AALE MOHAMMADIN SAL-LAL-LAHO ALAIHE WA AALEHI WA SALLAM.
LAH-MOHA BE-LAHMEHA WA DAMOHA BE-DAMEHA WA AZMOHA BE-AZMEHA
BISMILLAHE WA BILLAHE VAL-HAMDO LILLAHE VALLAHO AKHAR IMANAN BILLAHE WA SANAA AN ALA RASOOLIL-LAHE SALLAL-LAHO ALAIHE WA AALEHI VAL-ISMATO LE-AMREHI VASH-SHOOKRO LERIZQEHI, VALMAAREFATO BEFAZLEHI ALAINA AHLIL-BAIT.
If it is son recite:
ALLA-HOOMMA INNAKA VAHABTA LANA ZAKARAN WA ANTA AA'LAMO BEMA VAHABTA WA MINKA MAA AA TAITA WA KAL-LAMA SANA'TA FATAQABBALOHO MINNA ALA SOON-NATEKA WA SOONNATE NABI-YEKA WA RASOOLEKA SAL-LAL-LAHO ALAIHE WA AALEHI VAKHSO'O ANNASH-SHAITANAR-RAJEEM.  LAKAA SAFAKTOOD-DEMA'A LA SHAREEKA LAKA WAL HAMDO LIL-LAHE RABBIL'ALAMEEN ALLA-HOOMMA LAHMOHA BE LAHMEHI WA DAMOHA BE-DAMEHI WA AZMOHA BE'ZAMEHI WA SHA'RO -HA BE-SHA'REHI WA JILDOHA, BE-JILDEHI, ALLA-HOMMAJ ALHA FIDAA AN LE-FALANIBNE FALANE (take name and father's name)
I begin with the name of Allah and with reliance with Him. Oh Allah this Aqiqa is of (take the name of the child). This meat is instead of his meat, this blood is instead of his blood and these bones are instead of his bones. Oh Allah. (I beseech Thee) through Mohammed and ale-Mohammed to consider this aqiqa instead of the child.
If there is a girl’s aqiqa then the middle of the prayer should be as such.
This meat is instead of her meat, this blood is instead of her blood, these bones are instead of her bones.
In another tradition he has stated the following prayer to be recited.
I begin with the name of Allah, I rely on Allah. All praise is the praise of Allah. thank for the safeguarding of Allah’s command and His gift and this acy. Ahle-bait are superior to us and through whom He has blessed us.
If it is son recite:
Name of the child and father; and if it is a girl the part of the prayer is enough.
Oh Allah you have blessed us with a son and you are aware of what calibre he is-Whatever Thou hast blessed us with and whatever Thou that done for us is by Thyself Oh, accept this from us: it is in accordance with Thy sunnat and the sunnat of Thy goodwill am I offering this blood. All praise is for Allah who is the Creator of all the universe. Oh Allah this meat is instead of his and these bones are instead of his bones and these hair are instead of his hair and this skin is instead of his skin. Oh Allah accept this as the sacrifice of so and so of so and so (name of the son and the father); and if it is a girl the first part o the prayer is enough.

Dua’a
At the time of circumcision
It is stated from Imam Ja’far-e-Sadiq (a.s.) that at the time of circumcision the following Doa should be recited:-

Transliteration: ALLA-HOMMA HAZEHI SOONNATOKA WA SONNATO NABIYEKA SALAVATOKA ALAIHE WA AALEHI ITTEBAVOON MINNA WA LE NABIYE-KA BE-MASHI-YATEKA WA BE-IRADETAKA WA QAZ-AA'EKA LE-AMRIN ARAD-TAHOO WA AZAQTA-HOO HARRAL-HADEEDE FEE KHITANEHI; WA HAJAMATEHI BE-AMRE ANTA AA'RAFO BEHI MINNI.  ALLAH HOMMA FATAH-HIR-HO MINAZ-ZONOOBE VAZID FEE OMERHI WA ADFA IL-AAFATE AN BADAANCHI VAL-AVJAA AN MISMEHI VAZIDHO MINAL-GHINA WA ADFAA ANHOL-FAQRA FA-INNAKA TAA'LAMO WA LA TAA'LAMO
Oh Allah! this I Thy sunnat and that of Thy Prophet on whom and on whose Aal (dear ones) Thou shower Thy blessing. We follow Thou and Thy Prophet which is in accordance with Thy will. Intention and the affair about which Thou had willed and decided and commanded according to which Thou hast made him taste the temperature of iron and Hajamat (vivisection) the suitability of which Thou art more aware than us.
Oh Allah cleanse him of his sins, lengthen his age, all his bodily pains, and make him healthy and let him not suffer from poverty for Thou hast knowledge whereas we do not have.
(Even if the circumcision is performed near the age of puberty, the Dua’a should be recited.)
Dua’a
For increase of breast milk
Mother who has less milk to suckle her children the following is recommended to be written with saffron on a piece of paper and tied on right hand of the mother and the same after writing on a plate and washing with water should be drunk by the mother. In case of the animals, like a cow, a goat, or a buffalow, the same should be tied in the neck of the animal.

Transliteration: BISMILLA HIR RAHMA NIR RAHIM - ALLAHO YA LAMO MA TAHMILO KOOLLO OONSA WA MA TAGHEEZOOL ARHAMO WA MA TAZDAD WA KOOLLO SHAI'IN INDAHOO BE-MIQDAR
ALEMOOL GHAIBE VASH-SHAHADATIL-KABIROOL-MOTA'AL

God Knoweth what every female beareth, and that which the wombs fall short (of completion) and that in which they increase; and of every thing (there is) with Him a measure. (13: 8)
The Knower of the and the seen, the Great, the Most High. (13: 9)

Dua’a
For wealth & prosperity
Whoever recites the following sacred names of Allah 12000 (12 thousand) times in one sitting and does not talk during recitation. Insha Allah the person me rich and affluent. 400 sage personages have said that they were proper destitute, but become rich by reciting these holy names.

Transliteration: YA QAVIYO, YA GHANIYO, YA VALIYO, YA MALIYO
O’ Mighty; O’ Self-Sufficient; O’ Guardian’ O’ Absolute Authority.

Dua’a
For wealth & prosperity
The recitation of the following Dua’a daily in the morning and in the evening 30 times is very effective for becoming wealthy and removing destitution.

Transliteration: SOB-HANAL-LAHIL AZIME  WA BE-HAMDEHI,  SOB-HANAL-LAHIL AZIM
Glory be the Allah, the Great with all His praise, Glory by the Allah, the Great.

I had no knowledge of bowing (Ruku). What did I know about prostration? Was I in search of your footprints or was I prostrating in prayer..Strange is my life and my servitude

Wherever I found your footprints I made it my direction

Posted 26 August 2005 - 06:04 PM (#2) User is offline   Attaria23 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

Dua’a

For talisman to be keep by traveller
Besides other talisman, which ought to be kept while going on a travel, there is a talisman which is stated to be in the scabbard of the Holy Prophet (s.a.w.a.)’s sword. This is that talisman.

Transliteration: BISMILLA HIR RAHMA NIR RAHIM
YA ALLAHO YA ALLAHO YA ALLAHO AS'ALOKA YA MALEKAL-MAMLOOKIL-AV-VALOOL-QADEEMOOL-AB-ADEYOOL-LAZI LA YAZOOLO WA LA YAHOOLO ANTAL-LAHOOL-AZIMOOL-KAFI LE KOOLLE SHAI 'IL MOHEETO BE-KOOLLE SHA'IN. ALLA-HOOMMA IKFENI BE-IS-MEKAL-AZAMAL-LIL-VAHEDIL-AHADIS-SAMADIL-LAZI LAM YALID VALAM YOOLAD VALAM YAK-OOL-LAHOO KOFAVNA AHADOON VAH-JOOB SHOROO-RAHIM WA SHOROORAL-ADAA'E KOOLLE-HIM WA SAYA-VAF-FEHIM WA BE-ISMIN VALLAHO MEON VA-RAA'E HIM MOHEET. ALL-HOOMMAH-JOOB ANNI SHARRA MAN ARADANI BE-SOO'E LE-HIJABEKAL-LAZI EHTAJABTA BEHI FALAM YANZOOR ILAIKA AHADOOU MIN SHARRE FASAQATIL-JINNE VAL-INSE WA MIN SHARRE SALAHE-HIM WA MINAL-HADEEDE WA MIN KOOLLE MA YOOTA-KHAV-VAFO WA YOO-HZARO WA MIN SHARRE KOOE SHIDDATION WA BALI-YATIN WA MIN SHARRE MA ANTA BEHI AA'LAMO WA ALAIHE AQDARO INNAKA ALA KOOLLE SHAIN IN QADEER SAL-LAL-LAHO ALA NABI-YEHI MOHAMMADIN WA ALEHI WA SALLAMA TASLIMAN
In the name of Allah the beneficent the merciful, and a great forgiver. Ya Allah! Ya Allah! Ya Allah! Oh the First and Eternal King of Kings! Oh He whose personality exists from times eternal and for whom there is no change or deterioration (fall). I beg of Thee who is the Almighty God, enough for everything and who holds everything under His sway: Oh Allah on behalf of Thy Great name. Uniqueness and needlessness, from whom no one is born and who is born of no one and who does not have a single partner, look after me and protect me from the mischief of men, my enemies and their swords and put a stop to all types of torture. When God has surrounded them from all sides then where links the danger. Oh Allah do protect me from the danger. Oh Allah do protect me from the mischief of the person who intends harming me, cover me with a veil as is Thy sacred veil which does not let the mischief of band and mad people come near Thee or be hurt by the swords, the iron and all those which ordinarily people are afraid of and keep away from, and all the difficulties and the mischief of all those things which are well known to Thee and on whom Thou hast complete authority. No doubt Thy power encompasses everything. Shower Thy blessing on Thy prophet and his dear and near ones and a greeting, which they have the right of.

Dua’a

For a traveller’s family
According to the Holy Prophet (s.a.w.a.) the best care-taker of your family, who will look after them while your are travelling is, that at the time of departure you should offer two rak’at prayers and recite:-

Transliteration: ALLA-HOOMMA INNI ASTAV-DE'OKA NAFSI WA AHIL WA MALI WA ZOORRIYATI WA DOONYAYA WA AKHERATI WA AMANATI WA KHATEMATA AMALI
Oh Allah! I leave unto Thy care my life, my wife and children, my merchandise, my generation, my world here and hereafter, deposits under my custody and place my end of life in Thy hands.

Dua’a

When anyone loses way
According to Hazrat Ali (a.s.) a person who loses one’s way should give the following call:-

Transliteration:
YA SALEHO AGHISNI
YA SALEHO YA ABA SALEHO ARSHIDOONA ILAT-TAREEQE RAHE-MOKOOMOOL-LAHO
Oh Saleh! Render help unto me! for among the Momin jins there are those who are called Saleh who make the Almighty happy by living in the deserts and on hearing anyone’s call of distress they will reply and show the way.
Reliable traditions from Imam Muhammad Baqir (a.s.) state when one loses the way one should give the following call:
Oh Saleh and Abu Saleh may God show His mercy on you, show us the
right way.

Dua’a

At the time of visiting a dangerous place
According to Imam Ja’far-e-Saidq (a.s.) if a person had to visit a place where he is afraid of something then he should recite the following ayat (verse):-

Transliteration: RABBE ADKHILNI MOODKHALA SIDQIN WA AKH-RIJNI MOOKHRAJA SIDQIN VAJ'AL - LEE MIL LADOON-KA SOOLTANAN NASEERA
“O’ My Lord! cause me to enter a goodly entrance and cause me to go out (of) a goodly exit, and grant me from unto Thee an authority to assist (me)”

and when that thing or person comes in front of him, he should recite the Ayatul Kursi.Dua’a

At the time of arrival in new place
Another tradition states that the Holy Prophet (s.a.w.a.) asked Hazrat Ali (a.s.) to recite the following Dua’a when alighting on a destination that he may avail of all the benefits of the place and remain safe from its mischief.

Transliteration: ALLA-HOOMMA ANZILNI MOOBARAKAVN WA ANTA KHAIROOL MONZELEEN
Oh Allah make my arrival over here rewarding, for Thou art the best host and care-taker.

Dua’a 

For safety from robbers
According to Imam Moosa Kazim (a.s.) a person who is afraid of robbers and wild animals in a journey should write the following Dua’a on the back of the horse and by the order of the Almighty God he will be safe from their mischief.

Transliteration:
LA TAKHAFO DARAKAN VALA TAKHSHA
Neither you are afraid of being caught nor scared of the result.

The reporter of this tradition states that once he was going with a group to Hajj. A band of wild Arab surrounded the group and attacked them fiercely but he had written this ayat on the back of his horse and taking on oath on Almighty God. who had made Muhammad (s.a.w.a.) His Prophet and Hazrat Ali (a.s.) His Imam he reiterated that the Almighty God had made the robbers blind to his presence and they did not incur him with any loss.Dua’a

Dua’a & prayer at the time of storm in the sea
The reporter of his tradition states that whenever there was a storm at sea he used to recite the following prayers shown by Imam Ja’far-e-Sadiq (a.s.): it seemed that there was no storm at all, as the raging sea would suddenly and Certainly go calm.

Transliteration:
ALLAHOOL-LAZI NAZZALAL-KITABA WA HOVA YATA-VAL-LASSALEHEEN. WA MA QADAROOL-LAHA HAQQA QADERHI VAL-ARZO JAMI AN QABZATOHOO YAV-MAL QIYAMATE VAS-SAMAVATO MATVIGATOOM BE-YAMINEHI SOBHANAHOO WA TA'ALA AMMA YOOSHERKOOM (QURAN 39: 67)
He is Allah who sent down the Book (Quran) and He guardeth the virtuous one. They have esteemed not Allah, as is His due: while the whole earth shall be in His grip on the Day of Judgement and heavens rolled up (shall be) in his right hand: Hallowed is He, and Exalted is He, high above what they associate (with Him).

Dua’a

For safety from drowning
Another tradition from Imam Ja’far-e-Sadiq (a.s.) asked one to recite the following prayer if one is afraid of drowning:-

Transliteration:
INNA VALI-YEYAL-LAHOOL-LAZI NAZZALAL-KITABA WA HOVAL YATAVAL-LAS-SALEHEEN

WA MA QADAROOL-LAHA HAQQA QADERHI VAL-ARZO JAMI'AN QABZATOHOO YAVMAL-QIYAMATE VAS-SAMAVATO MATVI-YATOOM BE-YAMINEHI SOBHANAHOO WA TA'ALA AMMA YOOSHREKOON
Verily my protector is God who sent down the Book (Qur’an) and he guardeth the virtuous once. (7: 196)
They have esteemed not God, as is His due: while the whole earth shall be in His grip on the Day of Judgment and heavens rolled up (shall be) in His right hand, Hallowed is He, and Exalted is He, high above what they associate (with Him). (39: 67)

Dua’a 

Dua’a after every prayer
Hazrat Imam Mohammed Baqir (a.s.) says, “Whoever recites the following Dua’a thrice after finishing the prayer and without having moved. Allah will pardon all his sins even if these be as many as the foams of the sea.

Transliteration:
ASTAGH-FIROOLLAHAL-LAZI LAA ILLA HOVAL-HAYYOOL-QAYYOOM ZOOL-JALALE VAL-IKRAME WA ATOOBA ILAIHE
I seek forgiveness of Allah who, there is no deity other than he, the Ever-Living the Self-Subsistent, the Glorious and the Gracious. I turn unto Him (repentant).

Dua’a

An excellent invocation Doa ‘After morning prayer
It is recorded in Zain-ul Muttaqeen that the Holy Prophet (s.a.w.a.) said. “He who recites the following Dua’a after morning prayer, will get the heavenly reward of performing a thousand Haj (pilgrimage to Mecca), of thousand Shabe Barrat (15th Night of the month of Shaban) of performing funeral prayers on a thousand martyrs.”
The Angel Gibraeel descended and said. “O’ Mohammed (s.a.w.a.) I have brought a good news for you and such news I have brought for no other prophet. It is, whoever of your Ummat recites the following Dua’a once after Morning prayer, or keeps it on his person. Allah the Al-Mighty declares on oath that He will grant the reciter the following benefits”:-

1. Protection from death by a accident
2. Security from the questioning of Munkar and Nakeer in the grave.
3. Relief from the darkness and narrowness of the grave.
4. Closing down on Him the doors of Hell.
5. Grant Him His protection from disease.
6. Keeping open for him all the eight entrances to paradise.
7. Grant him His protection against the wrath of the rulers.
Transliteration: BISMILLA HIR REHMA NIR RAHIM
LAA ILAHA IL-LAL LAHOOL JALILOOL-JABBARO
LAA ILAHA ILLAL IHHOOL AZIZOOL GHAFFARO
LAA ILAHA ILLAL LAHOOL VAHIDOOL QAHHARO
LAA ILLAL LAHO VAHDAHOO LA SHAREEKA LAHOO
ILAHAN VAHIDAN WA NAHNO LAHOO MOSLEMOON
LAA ILAHA ILLAL LAHO VAHDAHOO LA SHAAREEKA
LAHOO ILAHAN VAHIDAN WA NAHNO LAHOO MOKHLESOON
LAA ILAHA ILLAHO VAHDAHOO LA SHAREEKA
LAHOO ILAHAN VAHIDAN WA NAHNO LAHOO ABEDOON
LAA ILAHA ILLAL LAHO MOHAMMADOON RASOO-LOOL-LAHE ALIYOON VALI-YOOL LAHE WA SAL-LAL-LAHO ALA KHAIRE KHALQEHI WA MAZHARE LOOTFEHI MOHAMMEDIN WA ALEHI AJMA EENAT TAYYEBEENAT TAHEEREEN. BE RAHMETAKA YA AR-HAMAR-RAHEMEEN
HASBONAL LAHO WA NEMAL VAKEELO NEMAL MAVLA WA NEMAN-NASSER
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent the Merciful.
There is no deity but Allah, the Glorious, The Supreme:
There is no deity but Allah the one the All Dominant:
There is no deity but Allah the Ever Prevalent the All-Forgiving:
There is no deity but Allah. He has no associate: Allah the One and we submit to Him. There has no associate. Allah the one and we are (Exclusively) loyal to Him. There is no deity But Allah. He is One, He has no associate. Allah the One and Him (alone) do we worship. There is no deity but Allah. Mohammed is the Messenger of Allah. ‘Ali is the friend of Allah: Allah’s blessing be on the best of His creation, the manifestation of His Benignity Mohammed and his (pure) progeny. All of them- the pure the purified by Thy Mercy, O’ the Most Merciful, Sufficient is for us Allah, and
(He is) the Most Excellent Protector, the Most Excellent Lord and the
Most Excellent Helper.

I had no knowledge of bowing (Ruku). What did I know about prostration? Was I in search of your footprints or was I prostrating in prayer..Strange is my life and my servitude

Posted 26 August 2005 - 06:17 PM (#3) User is offline   Attaria23 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

Dua for all night ibadat
The Holy Prophet (s.a.w.a.) said, “Whoever recites the following verses of Surae Ale Imran (#: 190 – 194) every night then he gets the reward of the whole night’s Ibadat.

INNA FEE KHALIQIS-SAMAVATE VAL ARZE, VAKHTELAFIL LAILE VAN-NAHARE, LA AAYATIL LE-OLIL ALBABIL-LAZEENA YAZKOROONAL LAHA QIYAMOVN WA QO-OODOVN WA ALA JONOOBE-HIM WA YATA-FAK-KAROONA FEE KHALQIS-SAMAVATE VAL ARZ. RAB-BANAA MA KHALAQTA HAZA BA'TELA SOBHANAKA FAQENA AZABAN NAR RAB-BANAA INNAKA MAN TOOD KHILIN NARA FAQAD AKH-ZAITAHOO WA MA LIZZAALEMEENA MIN ANSAR
RABBANNA INNANA SAME-NA MONAADIYAN YONADI LIL IMANE AN AAMENOO BE-RABBEKOOM FA AAMANNA RABANAA FAGHFIR LANA ZONOOBANA WA KAFFIR ANNA SAYYEAATENA WA TA-VAFFANA MA'AL ABRAR RABBANAA WA AATENA MA VA-ATTANA ALA ROSOLEKA VALA TOKH-ZENA YAVMAL QIYAMAH INNAKA LA TOKHLEFOOL ME 'AAD

Verily, in the creations of the heavens and the earth and the alternation of the night and day, there are signs for men who posses wisdom. (3: 190)
Those who remember Allah standing, and sitting and reclining on their sides and think (seriously) in the creation of the heaven and the earth; saying “O’ Our Lord! Thou hast not created (all) this in vain! Glory be to Thee! Save as then from he torment of the (Hell) fire.” (3:191)
O’ Our Lord! Whomsoever Thou causeth to enter the (Hell) fire, surely Thou hast put him to disgrace; there is not, for the unjust, any of the helpers. O’ Our Lord! We have indeed heard the voice of a Crier (Prophet), calling (us) unto faith, saying “Believe ye in your Lord!” and we did believe. (3: 192)
Our Lord! therefore “forgive us then our sins and remove away from us our evil deeds, and cause us to die with the virtuous ones.” (3: 193)
O’ Our Lord! and give us what Thou didst promise us through Thy messengers, and disgrace us not on the Day of Resurrection: Verily. Thou breakest not Thy Promise. (3: 194)

Posted 26 August 2005 - 06:19 PM (#4) User is offline   Attaria23 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

For seeking forgiveness of sins (Dua’a in Sajdah)
The most beloved one of Allah is he who often makes prostration and therein recites the following Doas’

Transliteration: RABBE INNI ZALAMTO NAFSI FAGH-FIRLI INNAHOO LA YAGH-FIROOZ-ZONOOBA ILLA ANTA
O’ My Lord! Verily I have been unjust to myself, so forgive me (for it) Indeed now pardons the sins except Thee.

Posted 26 August 2005 - 06:20 PM (#5) User is offline   Attaria23 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

For safety from enemy
Hazrat Imam Moosa Kazim (a.s.) says, “Any oppressed who recites the following Dua’a for vengeance, Insha Allah revenge will be taken from the oppressor.”

Transliteration: YA-OODDATI INDA SHIDDATI WA YA GHAVSI INDA KOORBATI OHRESNI BE'AINEKAL-LATI LA TANAMO VAKFENI BE-ROOKNEKAL-LAZI LA YOORAMO YA ZAL-QOOVATIL-QAVI-YATE WA YA ZAL-JALALISH-SHADEEDE WA YA ZAL'IZZAATIL-LATI KOOLLO KHALQEKA LAHA ZALEELOON SALLE ALA MOHAMMADIN WA ALE MOHAMMAD VAKFENI ZALEMI VANTAQIM-LI MINHO

O’ my Rescuer in my difficulties; O’ my Helper in my afflictions; Guard me with the eye that sleepeth not, and suffice me with the pillar of Might which cannot be reached; O’ the Master of great artifice, and O’ the Purchaser of the honour before whom all Thy creation is low and humble; Send the blessings on Mohammed and (holy) progeny of Mohammed. Help me against the oppressor and take my revenge from him.

Posted 26 August 2005 - 06:22 PM (#6) User is offline   Attaria23 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

For recovery of misplaced or lost thing.
Sometimes it so happens that something is lost or misplaced, and then because one cannot find it one gets perplexed. In case something is lost or misplaced, and one has to search it before mid-day, one should recite the following Dua’a thrice, and after each recitation Allah the thing will be found out.

Transliteration: BISMILLA HIR RAHMAN NIR RAHIM. AS-BAH TO FEE AMANIL-LAHE WA AMSAITO FEE JAVARFIL-LAHE
AMSAITO FEE AMANIL - LAHE WA AS-BAH-TO-FEE JAVARIL-LAHE

In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful. I have entered upon the morning in the protection of Allah, and I shall enter into the evening in the refuge of Allah. If the search is to be made after mid-day the following Dua’a is to be recited 3 times, clapping each time.
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.
I have entered into the evening in the protection of Allah of Allah, and I shall enter upon the morning in the refuge of Allah.

Posted 26 August 2005 - 06:23 PM (#7) User is offline   Attaria23 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

Dua’a For avoiding temptation & greed

Another tradition related to the same Imam states that a person complained to him of being besieged with temptations and greed. The Imam ordered him to keep his hand on his heart and recite the following Dua’a:-

Transliteration: BISMILLAHE WA BILLAHE MOHAMMADOON RASOOLOO-LAHE SAL-LAL-LAHO ALAIHE WAALEHI WA SALLAM. VALA HAVLA VALA QOOVATA ILLA BILLAHIL-ALI-YIL-AZIM ALLA-HOOMMAM SAH ANNI MA AJID

I begin by relying on the name and reality of Allah and Muhammad (s.a.w.a.) the Prophet of God. Except Allah no one possesses power might. Oh Allah alleviate the pain I am suffering from.

Dua’a

Dua’a for avoiding bad dreams
In Kitab-e-Tibbul Aaimma Hazrat Ali (a.s.) has stated that if a child cries a lot or a woman is afraid in her dreams or a person cannot sleep in the nights then the following ayat should be recited.

Transliteration: FAZARABNA ALAA AZZA-NEHIM FIL-KAHFE SENEENA ADADAN SOOMMA BA'ASNA-HOOM LE-NAA LAMALY-YOL HIZBAINE AHSA LEMALABESOO AMADAN
Then we did set a seal on their ears for a number of years. Then We raised them up that We might know (i.e… show) which o the two parties reckoneth best the duration of their stay.

Dua’a

Dua’a for not getting afraid in sleep
According to Imam Ja’far-e-Sadiq (a.s.) a person who gets afraid in sleep should recite the following ten times before going to bed.

Transliteration: LA-ILAHA ILLALAHO VAHDAHOO LA SHARIKA LAHOO YOHYI WA YOMEETO WA YOMEETO WA YOHYI WA HOVA HAYYOON LA YAMOOTO

There is no Lord except Allah; He is such a One Who has no partner and holds the power of the life and death of His creatures and Himself is such a Being Who never dies.

And should recite Tasbeeh of Hazrat Fatimah (a.s.). It is quoted in ‘Tibbul Aaimma that such a person should also recite ayatul Kursi and Qul Howallah.
Dua’a

For marriage proposal
If the proposals for the marriage of a girl of age are not forthcoming

recite Soora “Taha’ (Ch: XX) and blow the breath towards water though hand and offer the water to the girl for drinking. Insha Allah it will bring suitable proposals for her marriage.

Dua’a

For Love (wife & husband)
The Dua’a is recommended to be recited on some sweet and the same should be eaten by both the person particularly wife and husband for one week. There will be great affection and love between them Insha Allah.

Transliteration: INNI AHBATO HOOBBAL-KHAIRE AN ZIKRE RABBI HATTA TAVARAT BIL-HIJAB

Verily I have loved the good things besides the remembrance of my Lord, until got hidden in the veil (of the darkness of the Night) (38: 32)

Dua’a

For love (wife & husband)
The following Verse of Quran is recommended to be recited on sweet and the same is eaten by the displeased person or husband, he will be pleased and there will be on friction between them.

Transliteration:YOHIBBOHOOM WA YOHIBBOONAHOO AZIL-LATIN ALAL-MO'MEENEENA AIZZATIN ALAL KAFEREEN

Them he loveth and they love Him, lowly before the believers, mighty
against the infidels.

Dua’a

For Love (wife & husband)
The following Quranic verse is very effective for affection and love between two persons particularly wife & husband. It is recommended that this Verse should be recited on some sweet and should be eaten by both of them, there will be great affection and love within a week, Insha Allah.

Transliteration: INNAL LAZEENA AMANOO WA AMELOOS-SALEHATE SAYAJ'ALO LAHOMOOR-RAHMANO VOODDA

Verily those who believes and work good deeds the Beneficent (God) will appoint love for them.

Dua’a

For obedience
The following Dua’a should be recited 7 times after each Wajib prayer and at the time of reciting this Dua’a one should keep in mind the disobedient child. It is well experienced and effective.

Transliteration: RABBE ASLEH FEE ZOOTI-YATI INNI TOOBTO ILAIKA WA INNI MINAL-MOOSLEMEEN
“O’ Lord, do good unto me in respect of my offspring: Verily I turn unto Thee (repentant), and verily I am one of the Muslims”. (46: 15)

Posted 27 August 2005 - 12:38 AM (#8) User is offline   Husayni 

• Full Moon
  • Group: Moderators

YA RABBI BIL MUSTAFA BALLIGH MAKSIDANA WAGHFIRLANA MAA MADAA YA WASIAL KARAMI

jazakALLAH

YaNabi Team

If you want to understand the Qur'an you go to Ahlul Bayt, if you want to understand Ahlul Bayt you go to the Qur'an.

Shaykh Sayyid Muhammad bin Yahya Al-Ninowy Al Husayni

Posted 27 August 2005 - 01:41 AM (#9) User is offline   Reshmi 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip

Assalamwalaikum.

Jazakallah khairun for sharing these various duaahs. They are truly beneficial and imperative to know.

Keep it up!

Reshma

100% Aashiq-E-Rasool (SAW)
100% Ahle Sunnah Wa Al Jama'ah

Posted 27 August 2005 - 06:29 AM (#10) User is offline   Wasim. 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip
  • LocationIndia

ALLAHU RABBU MOHAMMADIN SALLA ALEHI WA SALLAMA
NAHNU IBAADO MOHAMMADIN SALLA ALEHI WA SALLAMA

JAJAKALLAH For this duasKABHIE ROZE SE MIMBAR TAK
KABHIE MIMBAR SE ROZE TAK
IDHER JAO UDHER JAO
USI HALAT MEIN MAR JAO
MERE AAKA MADINE MEIN BULA LO
(AMEEN)

"If you desire my life, I will sacrifice it. If you desire my wealth I will give it. But, there is one thing that I will never sacrifice, and that is, the love and reverence for the beloved, Sayyadina Rasool-Allah (Salla Allahu 'alayhi wa Sallam)." A'la Hadrat Shah Imam Ahmad Rida Khan (Rehmatullahi Alaih)

Posted 01 September 2005 - 12:55 PM (#11) User is offline   Attaria23 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

Greeting another Muslim As salamu'alaykum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh. Translation: May the peace of Allah descend upon you and His Mercy and Blessings. When salaam is conveyed (when some conveys salam to you on another's behalf). 'Alayka wa alay-his salaamu wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh. Translation: Upon you and upon him be the peace of Allah, His mercy and blessings. Before a meal Bismillahi wa 'ala baraka-tillah. Translation: With Allah's name and uon the blessings granted by Allah (do we eat). After having a meal Alham do lillah hilla-thee At Amana wa saquana waja 'alana minal Muslimeen. Translation: All praise is due to Allah who gave us food and drink and who made us Muslims. Dua for ZamZam (Holy Water) Allah humma Innee As alooka 'ilman naa fee-ow wa Rizq-ow waa See-ow wa Shee-faa amm min Kooll-lee daa-'in Translation: O Allah, I ask You to grant me beneficial knowledge, abundant sustenance and cure from all diseases. Before wudhu (ablution) Allahumma-gh fir-lee dhan-bee wawass si'lee fi dari wa bariklee fi rizq. Translation: O Allah Forgive my sins, make my home accommodating and grant me abundance in my livelihood. After Wudhu Allahummaj 'al-ni minat-tow-wa beena waj-alni minal muta-tah-hireen. Translation: I testify that there is no deity except Allah; He is One and has no partner. And I testify that Muhammad (Sallallahu alayhi wasallam) is His servant and apostle. When entering the masjid (mosque) A'uthu bil-Lahil 'atheemi wa biwajhi-hil kareemi wasultaani-hil qadeemi minash-shaytaanir rajeem. Translation: I seek protection from Allah, The Sublime, and I seek the protection of His Merciful Self and of His Eternal Kingdom against the accursed devil. After sneezing Alhamdulillah! (right graphic) / Alhamdu lillahi 'ala kull-lee haa-lin (left graphic). Translation: Thanks and all praise be to Allah (or) Thanks and all praise be to Allah under all conditions. Reply to someone who sneezes Yar Hamook Allah. Translation: May Allah have mercy on you. When a Non-Muslim sneezes Yahdee Kumullahu wa Yaslih Ba Lakoom. Translation: May Allah give you guidance and make your children pious. When someone is critically ill When someone is so critically ill that there is no hope for his recovery, under no circumstances should he (or she) pray for his (or her) death. But if one must, then one should recite the following dua: Allah-humma ah-yini ma kaanatil hayaatu khairall-lee wa tawaff-fani i-dha kaanatil wa faato khai-rall-lee. Translation: O Allah, keep me alive so long as it is in my best interest and give me death when it is in my best interest. When visiting the sick La ba'sa tahoorun inshaa-Allah. La ba'sa tahoorun inshaa-Allah. Translation: No need to worry. It (this sickness) is a means of cleansing from sins. No need to worry. It (this sickness) is a means of cleansing from sins. Dua taught to a new muslim Allahummagh fir-lee warr hamnee wah-dini warr zuq-ni. Translation: O Allah, forgive me, have mercy on me, guide me aright and grant me sustenance. When entering the toilet Allahumma in-nee a'oothu bika minal khubu-thee wal khabaa ith. When leaving the toilet, recite Ghuf-raa naka followed by Alhamdulillah-hilla-thee ath-haba ann-nil athaa wa 'afaani. Reaching the top of an incline Allahumma lakash-sharafu 'ala kull-lee shara-few walakal hamdu 'ala kull-li haalin. Translation: O Allah, all sublimity is for You at every incline and all praise is for You at all times under all conditions. Repentance dua Whenever a person commits any sin, he/she should immediately offer repentance to Allah, saying the following dua. Allahumma In-nee a-toobu ilayka minha la ar-ji-'u ilayhaa abada. Translation: O Allah, I repent before You for all my sins and I promise never to return to the same (again). Upon awakening Alhamdulillah-hillathee ah-yana ba'da ma ama tana wa ilayhi nushoor. Translation: Many thanks to Allah who gave us life after having given us death and (our) final return (on the Day of Qiyaamah (Judgement)) is to Him. When undertaking a journey Subhanal lathee sakh-khara-lana haatha wa-ma kun-na lahoo muqrineena wa inna ila Rabbina la-mun-qali-boon. Translation: Glory be to Him (Allah) who has brought this (vehicle) under our control though we were unable to control it. Sure, we are to return to our Lord. Istikhara for nikah (marriage) When intending to marry someone then even before proposing or expressing one's intention to propose, one should perform Wudhu in the best of manner and then offer as many Nafl Salaahs as possible. Thereafter one should praise and glorify Allah in the best manner and recite the following Dua: Translation: O Allah, You have power and I have none. You know all and I know not. You are The Knower of all that is hidden. If, in Your knowledge (mention name of person here) be good for me in my faith and in my temporal and religious life, then ordain her (or him) for me. And if anyone other than her (or him) be good for me in my faith and religious life, then ordain her (or him) for me. Dua-e-Qunoot (read in Witr) Translation: O Allah! We beg help from You alone; ask forgiveness from You alone, and turn towards You and praise You for all the good things and are grateful to You and are not ungrateful to You and we part and break off with all those who are disobedient to you. O Allah! You alone do we worship and pray exclusively to You and bow before You alone and we hasten eagerly towards You and we fear Your severe punishment and hope for Your Mercy as your severe punishment is surely to be meted out to the unbelievers.

Posted 01 September 2005 - 12:55 PM (#12) User is offline   Attaria23 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

Greeting another MuslimAs salamu'alaykum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh.
Translation: May the peace of Allah descend upon you and His Mercy and Blessings.

When salaam is conveyed (when some conveys salam to you on another's behalf).'Alayka wa alay-his salaamu wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh.
Translation: Upon you and upon him be the peace of Allah, His mercy and blessings.

Before a mealBismillahi wa 'ala baraka-tillah.
Translation: With Allah's name and uon the blessings granted by Allah (do we eat).

After having a mealAlham do lillah hilla-thee At Amana wa saquana waja 'alana minal Muslimeen.
Translation: All praise is due to Allah who gave us food and drink and who made us Muslims.

Dua for ZamZam (Holy Water)Allah humma Innee As alooka 'ilman naa fee-ow wa Rizq-ow waa See-ow wa Shee-faa amm min Kooll-lee daa-'in
Translation: O Allah, I ask You to grant me beneficial knowledge, abundant sustenance and cure from all diseases.

Before wudhu (ablution)Allahumma-gh fir-lee dhan-bee wawass si'lee fi dari wa bariklee fi rizq.
Translation: O Allah Forgive my sins, make my home accommodating and grant me abundance in my livelihood.

After WudhuAllahummaj 'al-ni minat-tow-wa beena waj-alni minal muta-tah-hireen.
Translation: I testify that there is no deity except Allah; He is One and has no partner. And I testify that Muhammad (Sallallahu alayhi wasallam) is His servant and apostle.

When entering the masjid (mosque)A'uthu bil-Lahil 'atheemi wa biwajhi-hil kareemi wasultaani-hil qadeemi minash-shaytaanir rajeem.
Translation: I seek protection from Allah, The Sublime, and I seek the protection of His Merciful Self and of His Eternal Kingdom against the accursed devil.

After sneezingAlhamdulillah! (right graphic) / Alhamdu lillahi 'ala kull-lee haa-lin (left graphic).
Translation: Thanks and all praise be to Allah (or) Thanks and all praise be to Allah under all conditions.

Reply to someone who sneezesYar Hamook Allah.
Translation: May Allah have mercy on you.

When a Non-Muslim sneezesYahdee Kumullahu wa Yaslih Ba Lakoom.
Translation: May Allah give you guidance and make your children pious.

When someone is critically ill
When someone is so critically ill that there is no hope for his recovery, under no circumstances should he (or she) pray for his (or her) death. But if one must, then one should recite the following dua:Allah-humma ah-yini ma kaanatil hayaatu khairall-lee wa tawaff-fani i-dha kaanatil wa faato khai-rall-lee.
Translation: O Allah, keep me alive so long as it is in my best interest and give me death when it is in my best interest.

When visiting the sickLa ba'sa tahoorun inshaa-Allah. La ba'sa tahoorun inshaa-Allah.
Translation: No need to worry. It (this sickness) is a means of cleansing from sins. No need to worry. It (this sickness) is a means of cleansing from sins.

Dua taught to a new muslimAllahummagh fir-lee warr hamnee wah-dini warr zuq-ni.
Translation: O Allah, forgive me, have mercy on me, guide me aright and grant me sustenance.

When entering the toiletAllahumma in-nee a'oothu bika minal khubu-thee wal khabaa ith.

When leaving the toilet, reciteGhuf-raa naka

followed byAlhamdulillah-hilla-thee ath-haba ann-nil athaa wa 'afaani.

Reaching the top of an inclineAllahumma lakash-sharafu 'ala kull-lee shara-few walakal hamdu 'ala kull-li haalin.
Translation: O Allah, all sublimity is for You at every incline and all praise is for You at all times under all conditions.

Repentance dua
Whenever a person commits any sin, he/she should immediately offer repentance to Allah, saying the following dua. Allahumma In-nee a-toobu ilayka minha la ar-ji-'u ilayhaa abada.
Translation: O Allah, I repent before You for all my sins and I promise never to return to the same (again).

Upon awakeningAlhamdulillah-hillathee ah-yana ba'da ma ama tana wa ilayhi nushoor.
Translation: Many thanks to Allah who gave us life after having given us death and (our) final return (on the Day of Qiyaamah (Judgement)) is to Him.

When undertaking a journeySubhanal lathee sakh-khara-lana haatha wa-ma kun-na lahoo muqrineena wa inna ila Rabbina la-mun-qali-boon.
Translation: Glory be to Him (Allah) who has brought this (vehicle) under our control though we were unable to control it. Sure, we are to return to our Lord.

Istikhara for nikah (marriage)
When intending to marry someone then even before proposing or expressing one's intention to propose, one should perform Wudhu in the best of manner and then offer as many Nafl Salaahs as possible. Thereafter one should praise and glorify Allah in the best manner and recite the following Dua:Translation: O Allah, You have power and I have none. You know all and I know not. You are The Knower of all that is hidden. If, in Your knowledge (mention name of person here) be good for me in my faith and in my temporal and religious life, then ordain her (or him) for me. And if anyone other than her (or him) be good for me in my faith and religious life, then ordain her (or him) for me.

Dua-e-Qunoot (read in Witr)Translation: O Allah! We beg help from You alone; ask forgiveness from You alone, and turn towards You and praise You for all the good things and are grateful to You and are not ungrateful to You and we part and break off with all those who are disobedient to you. O Allah! You alone do we worship and pray exclusively to You and bow before You alone and we hasten eagerly towards You and we fear Your severe punishment and hope for Your Mercy as your severe punishment is surely to be meted out to the unbelievers.

Posted 01 September 2005 - 12:56 PM (#13) User is offline   Attaria23 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

Greeting another Muslim As salamu'alaykum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh. Translation: May the peace of Allah descend upon you and His Mercy and Blessings. When salaam is conveyed (when some conveys salam to you on another's behalf). 'Alayka wa alay-his salaamu wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh. Translation: Upon you and upon him be the peace of Allah, His mercy and blessings. Before a meal Bismillahi wa 'ala baraka-tillah. Translation: With Allah's name and uon the blessings granted by Allah (do we eat). After having a meal Alham do lillah hilla-thee At Amana wa saquana waja 'alana minal Muslimeen. Translation: All praise is due to Allah who gave us food and drink and who made us Muslims. Dua for ZamZam (Holy Water) Allah humma Innee As alooka 'ilman naa fee-ow wa Rizq-ow waa See-ow wa Shee-faa amm min Kooll-lee daa-'in Translation: O Allah, I ask You to grant me beneficial knowledge, abundant sustenance and cure from all diseases. Before wudhu (ablution) Allahumma-gh fir-lee dhan-bee wawass si'lee fi dari wa bariklee fi rizq. Translation: O Allah Forgive my sins, make my home accommodating and grant me abundance in my livelihood. After Wudhu Allahummaj 'al-ni minat-tow-wa beena waj-alni minal muta-tah-hireen. Translation: I testify that there is no deity except Allah; He is One and has no partner. And I testify that Muhammad (Sallallahu alayhi wasallam) is His servant and apostle. When entering the masjid (mosque) A'uthu bil-Lahil 'atheemi wa biwajhi-hil kareemi wasultaani-hil qadeemi minash-shaytaanir rajeem. Translation: I seek protection from Allah, The Sublime, and I seek the protection of His Merciful Self and of His Eternal Kingdom against the accursed devil. After sneezing Alhamdulillah! (right graphic) / Alhamdu lillahi 'ala kull-lee haa-lin (left graphic). Translation: Thanks and all praise be to Allah (or) Thanks and all praise be to Allah under all conditions. Reply to someone who sneezes Yar Hamook Allah. Translation: May Allah have mercy on you. When a Non-Muslim sneezes Yahdee Kumullahu wa Yaslih Ba Lakoom. Translation: May Allah give you guidance and make your children pious. When someone is critically ill When someone is so critically ill that there is no hope for his recovery, under no circumstances should he (or she) pray for his (or her) death. But if one must, then one should recite the following dua: Allah-humma ah-yini ma kaanatil hayaatu khairall-lee wa tawaff-fani i-dha kaanatil wa faato khai-rall-lee. Translation: O Allah, keep me alive so long as it is in my best interest and give me death when it is in my best interest. When visiting the sick La ba'sa tahoorun inshaa-Allah. La ba'sa tahoorun inshaa-Allah. Translation: No need to worry. It (this sickness) is a means of cleansing from sins. No need to worry. It (this sickness) is a means of cleansing from sins. Dua taught to a new muslim Allahummagh fir-lee warr hamnee wah-dini warr zuq-ni. Translation: O Allah, forgive me, have mercy on me, guide me aright and grant me sustenance. When entering the toilet Allahumma in-nee a'oothu bika minal khubu-thee wal khabaa ith. When leaving the toilet, recite Ghuf-raa naka followed by Alhamdulillah-hilla-thee ath-haba ann-nil athaa wa 'afaani. Reaching the top of an incline Allahumma lakash-sharafu 'ala kull-lee shara-few walakal hamdu 'ala kull-li haalin. Translation: O Allah, all sublimity is for You at every incline and all praise is for You at all times under all conditions. Repentance dua Whenever a person commits any sin, he/she should immediately offer repentance to Allah, saying the following dua. Allahumma In-nee a-toobu ilayka minha la ar-ji-'u ilayhaa abada. Translation: O Allah, I repent before You for all my sins and I promise never to return to the same (again). Upon awakening Alhamdulillah-hillathee ah-yana ba'da ma ama tana wa ilayhi nushoor. Translation: Many thanks to Allah who gave us life after having given us death and (our) final return (on the Day of Qiyaamah (Judgement)) is to Him. When undertaking a journey Subhanal lathee sakh-khara-lana haatha wa-ma kun-na lahoo muqrineena wa inna ila Rabbina la-mun-qali-boon. Translation: Glory be to Him (Allah) who has brought this (vehicle) under our control though we were unable to control it. Sure, we are to return to our Lord. Istikhara for nikah (marriage) When intending to marry someone then even before proposing or expressing one's intention to propose, one should perform Wudhu in the best of manner and then offer as many Nafl Salaahs as possible. Thereafter one should praise and glorify Allah in the best manner and recite the following Dua: Translation: O Allah, You have power and I have none. You know all and I know not. You are The Knower of all that is hidden. If, in Your knowledge (mention name of person here) be good for me in my faith and in my temporal and religious life, then ordain her (or him) for me. And if anyone other than her (or him) be good for me in my faith and religious life, then ordain her (or him) for me. Dua-e-Qunoot (read in Witr) Translation: O Allah! We beg help from You alone; ask forgiveness from You alone, and turn towards You and praise You for all the good things and are grateful to You and are not ungrateful to You and we part and break off with all those who are disobedient to you. O Allah! You alone do we worship and pray exclusively to You and bow before You alone and we hasten eagerly towards You and we fear Your severe punishment and hope for Your Mercy as your severe punishment is surely to be meted out to the unbelievers.

Posted 01 September 2005 - 12:56 PM (#14) User is offline   Attaria23 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 September 2005 - 12:59 PM (#15) User is offline   Attaria23 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

Greeting another Muslim
As salamu'alaykum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh.
Translation: May the peace of Allah descend upon you and His Mercy and Blessings.

When salaam is conveyed (when some conveys salam to you on another's behalf).

'Alayka wa alay-his salaamu wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh.
Translation: Upon you and upon him be the peace of Allah, His mercy and blessings.

Before a meal
Bismillahi wa 'ala baraka-tillah.
Translation: With Allah's name and uon the blessings granted by Allah (do we eat).

After having a meal

Alham do lillah hilla-thee At Amana wa saquana waja 'alana minal Muslimeen.
Translation: All praise is due to Allah who gave us food and drink and who made us Muslims.

Dua for ZamZam (Holy Water)

Allah humma Innee As alooka 'ilman naa fee-ow wa Rizq-ow waa See-ow wa Shee-faa amm min Kooll-lee daa-'in
Translation: O Allah, I ask You to grant me beneficial knowledge, abundant sustenance and cure from all diseases.

Before wudhu (ablution)
Allahumma-gh fir-lee dhan-bee wawass si'lee fi dari wa bariklee fi rizq.
Translation: O Allah Forgive my sins, make my home accommodating and grant me abundance in my livelihood.

After Wudhu
Allahummaj 'al-ni minat-tow-wa beena waj-alni minal muta-tah-hireen.
Translation: I testify that there is no deity except Allah; He is One and has no partner. And I testify that Muhammad (Sallallahu alayhi wasallam) is His servant and apostle.

When entering the masjid (mosque)
A'uthu bil-Lahil 'atheemi wa biwajhi-hil kareemi wasultaani-hil qadeemi minash-shaytaanir rajeem.
Translation: I seek protection from Allah, The Sublime, and I seek the protection of His Merciful Self and of His Eternal Kingdom against the accursed devil.

After sneezing
Alhamdulillah! (right graphic) / Alhamdu lillahi 'ala kull-lee haa-lin (left graphic).
Translation: Thanks and all praise be to Allah (or) Thanks and all praise be to Allah under all conditions.

Reply to someone who sneezes
Yar Hamook Allah.
Translation: May Allah have mercy on you.

When a Non-Muslim sneezes
Yahdee Kumullahu wa Yaslih Ba Lakoom.
Translation: May Allah give you guidance and make your children pious.

When someone is critically ill
When someone is so critically ill that there is no hope for his recovery, under no circumstances should he (or she) pray for his (or her) death. But if one must, then one should recite the following dua:

Allah-humma ah-yini ma kaanatil hayaatu khairall-lee wa tawaff-fani i-dha kaanatil wa faato khai-rall-lee.
Translation: O Allah, keep me alive so long as it is in my best interest and give me death when it is in my best interest.

When visiting the sick
La ba'sa tahoorun inshaa-Allah. La ba'sa tahoorun inshaa-Allah.
Translation: No need to worry. It (this sickness) is a means of cleansing from sins. No need to worry. It (this sickness) is a means of cleansing from sins.

Dua taught to a new muslim
Allahummagh fir-lee warr hamnee wah-dini warr zuq-ni.
Translation: O Allah, forgive me, have mercy on me, guide me aright and grant me sustenance.

When entering the toilet
Allahumma in-nee a'oothu bika minal khubu-thee wal khabaa ith.

When leaving the toilet, recite
Ghuf-raa naka

followed by
Alhamdulillah-hilla-thee ath-haba ann-nil athaa wa 'afaani.

Reaching the top of an incline
Allahumma lakash-sharafu 'ala kull-lee shara-few walakal hamdu 'ala kull-li haalin.
Translation: O Allah, all sublimity is for You at every incline and all praise is for You at all times under all conditions.

Repentance dua
Whenever a person commits any sin, he/she should immediately offer repentance to Allah, saying the following dua.

Allahumma In-nee a-toobu ilayka minha la ar-ji-'u ilayhaa abada.
Translation: O Allah, I repent before You for all my sins and I promise never to return to the same (again).

Upon awakening
Alhamdulillah-hillathee ah-yana ba'da ma ama tana wa ilayhi nushoor.
Translation: Many thanks to Allah who gave us life after having given us death and (our) final return (on the Day of Qiyaamah (Judgement)) is to Him.

When undertaking a journey
Subhanal lathee sakh-khara-lana haatha wa-ma kun-na lahoo muqrineena wa inna ila Rabbina la-mun-qali-boon.
Translation: Glory be to Him (Allah) who has brought this (vehicle) under our control though we were unable to control it. Sure, we are to return to our Lord.

Istikhara for nikah (marriage)
When intending to marry someone then even before proposing or expressing one's intention to propose, one should perform Wudhu in the best of manner and then offer as many Nafl Salaahs as possible. Thereafter one should praise and glorify Allah in the best manner and recite the following Dua:

Translation: O Allah, You have power and I have none. You know all and I know not. You are The Knower of all that is hidden. If, in Your knowledge (mention name of person here) be good for me in my faith and in my temporal and religious life, then ordain her (or him) for me. And if anyone other than her (or him) be good for me in my faith and religious life, then ordain her (or him) for me.

Posted 01 September 2005 - 02:03 PM (#16) User is offline   Attaria23 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

READ THIS DUA'A
Please take a moment to relax your mind and humble your heart to
focus on ALLAH. Allow Allah, to occupy all of your mind while you
read this DUA. If we can take the time to read long jokes,
stories, etc., we should give the same respect to this DUA.
Friends that pray together, stay together. Let's pray...
OH ALLAH, 

I thank You for this day.
I thank You for my being able to see and to hear this morning.
I'm blessed because You are forgiving and understanding.
Oh Allah! 
You have done so much for me & You keep on blessing me.
Forgive me this day for everything I have done, said or thought
that was not pleasing to you.
I ask YOU now for Your forgiveness.
Please keep me safe from all danger and harm.
Help me to start this day with a new attitude and plenty of
gratitude.
Let me make the best of each and every day to clear my mind so
that I can hear from You.
Please broaden my mind that I can accept all things.
Let me not whine and whimper over things I have no control over.
Let me continue to see sin through YOUR eyes and acknowledge it as
evil.
And when I sin, let me repent,and receive YOUR forgiveness. And
when this world closes in on me, let me remember YOU - to slip
away and find a quiet place to make DUA.
It's the best response when I'm pushed beyond my limits.
I know that when I can't make DUA, You listen to my heart.
Continue to use me to do Your will. Continue to bless me that I
may be a blessing to others. 

Keep me strong that I may help the weak. Keep me uplifted that I
may have words of encouragement for others. 

I make DUA for those that are lost and can't find their way.
I make DUA for those that are misjudged and misunderstood.
I make DUA for those who don't know You intimately.
I make DUA for those that will delete this without sharing it with
others.
I make DUA for those that don't believe.
But I thank you that I believe.
I believe that Allah changes people and Allah changes things.
I make DUA for all my sisters and brothers.
For each and every family member in their households.
I make DUA for peace, love and joy in their homes that they are
out of debt and all their needs are met.
I make DUA that every eye that reads this knows there is no
problem, circumstance, or situation greater than Allah. Every
battle is in your hands for You to fight.
I make DUA that these words be received into the hearts of every
eye that sees them and every mouth that confesses them willingly.
Aameen. 

If you read this DUA, please forward it to others u know.

and plz also remember me in your duaa

Posted 01 September 2005 - 03:54 PM (#17) User is offline   Attaria23 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

AN EXPLANATION OF THE PERFECT NAMES AND ATTRIBUTES OF ALLAH
"He is Allah, the Creator, the Originator, The Fashioner, to Him belong the most beautiful names: whatever is in the heavens and on earth, do declare His praises and glory. And He is the Exalted in Might, The Wise. (Quran 59:24)

"The most beautiful names belong to God: so call on Him by them;..." (7:180)

It is not possible to perfectly translate the names and attributes of Allah from their original Arabic into English. However, here are some fairly close explanations.
Dear brother's and sister's if you can try to memorise these 99 names of Allah Azwajal and use them whilst doing DUA'A.

^= letter ain of arabic '= letter hamza of arabic

Allah
Allah, He who has the Godhood which is the power to create the entities.

Ar-Rahmaan
The Compassionate, The Beneficient, The One who has plenty of mercy for the believers and the blasphemers in this world and especially for the believers in the hereafter.

Ar-Raheem
The Merciful, The One who has plenty of mercy for the believers.

Al-Malik
The King, The Sovereign Lord, The One with the complete Dominion, the One Whose Dominion is clear from imperfection.

Al-Quddoos
The Holy, The One who is pure from any imperfection and clear from children and adversaries.

As-Salaam
The Source of Peace, The One who is free from every imperfection.

Al-Mu'min
Guardian of Faith, The One who witnessed for Himself that no one is God but Him. And He witnessed for His believers that they are truthful in their belief that no one is God but Him.

Al-Muhaimin
The Protector, The One who witnesses the saying and deeds of His creatures.

Al-^Azeez
The Mighty, The Strong, The Defeater who is not defeated.

Al-Jabbaar
The Compeller, The One that nothing happens in His Dominion except that which He willed.

Al-Mutakabbir
The Majestic, The One who is clear from the attributes of the creatures and from resembling them.

Al-Khaaliq
The Creator, The One who brings everything from non-existence to existence.

Al-Bari'
The Evolver, The Maker, The Creator who has the Power to turn the entities.

Al-Musawwir
The Fashioner, The One who forms His creatures in different pictures.

Al-Ghaffaar
The Great Forgiver, The Forgiver, The One who forgives the sins of His slaves time and time again.

Al-Qahhaar
The Subduer, The Dominant, The One who has the perfect Power and is not unable over anything.

Al-Wahhaab
The Bestower, The One who is Generous in giving plenty without any return. He is everything that benefits whether Halal or Haram.

Al-Razzaaq
The Sustainer, The Provider.

Al-Fattaah
The Opener, The Reliever, The Judge, The One who opens for His slaves the closed worldy and religious matters.

Al-^Aleem
The All-knowing, The Knowledgeable; The One nothing is absent from His knowledge.

Al-Qaabid
The Constricter, The Retainer, The Withholder, The One who constricts the sustenance by His wisdomand expands and widens it with His Generosity and Mercy.

Al-Baasit
The Expander, The Englarger, The One who constricts the sustenance by His wisdomand expands and widens it with His Generosity and Mercy.

Al-Khaafid
The Abaser, The One who lowers whoever He willed by His Destruction and raises whoever He willed by His Endowment.

Ar-Raafi^
The Exalter, The Elevator, The One who lowers whoever He willed by His Destruction and raises whoever He willed by His Endowment.

Al-Mu^iz
The Honorer, He gives esteem to whoever He willed, hence there is no one to degrade Him; And He degrades whoever He willed, hence there is no one to give Him esteem.

Al-Muthil
The Dishonorer, The Humiliator, He gives esteem to whoever He willed, hence there is no one to degrade Him; And He degrades whoever He willed, hence there is no one to give Him esteem.

As-Samee^
The All-Hearing, The Hearer, The One who Hears all things that are heard by His Eternal Hearing without an ear, instrument or organ.

Al-Baseer
The All-Seeing, The One who Sees all things that are seen by His Eternal Seeing without a pupil or any other instrument.

Al-Hakam
The Judge, He is the Ruler and His judgment is His Word.

Al-^Adl
The Just, The One who is entitled to do what He does.

Al-Lateef
The Subtle One, The Gracious, The One who is kind to His slaves and endows upon them.

Al-Khabeer
The Aware, The One who knows the truth of things.

Al-Haleem
The Forebearing, The Clement, The One who delays the punishment for those who deserve it and then He might forgive them.

Al-^Azeem
The Great One, The Mighty, The One deserving the attributes of Exaltment, Glory, Extolement,and Purity from all imperfection.

Al-Ghafoor
The All-Forgiving, The Forgiving, The One who forgives a lot.

Ash-Shakoor
The Grateful, The Appreciative, The One who gives a lot of reward for a little obedience.

Al-^Aliyy
The Most High, The Sublime, The One who is clear from the attributes of the creatures.

Al-Kabeer
The Most Great, The Great, The One who is greater than everything in status.

Al-Hafeez
The Preserver, The Protector, The One who protects whatever and whoever He willed to protect.

Al-Muqeet
The Maintainer, The Guardian, The Feeder, The Sustainer, The One who has the Power.

Al-Haseeb
The Reckoner, The One who gives the satisfaction.

Aj-Jaleel
The Sublime One, The Beneficent, The One who is attributed with greatness of Power and Glory of status.

Al-Kareem
The Generous One, The Bountiful, The Gracious, The One who is attributed with greatness of Power and Glory of status.

Ar-Raqeeb
The Watcher, The Watchful, The One that nothing is absent from Him. Hence it's meaning is related to the attribute of Knowledge.

Al-Mujeeb
The Responsive, The Hearkener, The One who answers the one in need if he asks Him and rescues the yearner if he calls upon Him.

Al-Wasi^
The Vast, The All-Embracing, The Knowledgeable.

Al-Hakeem
The Wise, The Judge of Judges, The One who is correct in His doings.

Al-Wadood
The Loving, The One who loves His believing slaves and His believing slaves love Him. His love to His slaves is His Will to be merciful to them and praise them:Hence it's meaning is related to the attributes of the Will and Kalam (His attribute with which He orders and forbids and spoke to Muhammad and Musa -peace be upon them- . It is not a sound nor a language nor a letter.).

Al-Majeed
The Most Glorious One, The Glorious, The One who is with perfect Power, High Status, Compassion, Generosity and Kindness.

Al-Ba^ith
The Reserrector, The Raiser (from death), The One who resurrects His slaves after death for reward and/or punishment.

Ash-Shaheed
The Witness, The One who nothing is absent from Him.

Al-Haqq
The Truth, The True, The One who truly exists.

Al-Wakeel
The Trustee, The One who gives the satisfaction and is relied upon.

Al-Qawiyy
The Most Strong, The Strong, The One with the complete Power.

Al-Mateen
The Firm One, The One with extreme Power which is un-interrupted and He does not get tired.

Al-Waliyy
The Protecting Friend, The Supporter.

Al-Hameed
The Praiseworthy, The praised One who deserves to be praised.

Al-Muhsee
The Counter, The Reckoner, The One who the count of things are known to him.

Al-Mubdi'
The Originator, The One who started the human being. That is, He created him.

Al-Mu^eed
The Reproducer, The One who brings back the creatures after death.

Al-Muhyi
The Restorer, The Giver of Life, The One who took out a living human from semen that does not have a soul. He gives life by giving the souls back to the worn out bodies on the resurrection day and He makes the hearts alive by the light of knowledge.

Al-Mumeet
The Creator of Death, The Destroyer, The One who renders the living dead.

Al-Hayy
The Alive, The One attributed with a life that is unlike our life and is not that of a combination of soul, flesh or blood.

Al-Qayyoom
The Self-Subsisting, The One who remains and does not end.

Al-Waajid
The Perceiver, The Finder, The Rich who is never poor. Al-Wajd is Richness.

Al-Waahid
The Unique, The One, The One without a partner.

Al-Ahad
The One.

As-Samad
The Eternal, The Independent, The Master who is relied upon in matters and reverted to in ones needs.

Al-Qaadir
The Able, The Capable, The One attributed with Power.

Al-Muqtadir
The Powerful, The Dominant, The One with the perfect Power that nothing is withheld from Him.

Al-Muqaddim
The Expediter, The Promoter, The One who puts things in their right places. He makes ahead what He wills and delays what He wills.

Al-Mu'akh-khir
The Delayer, the Retarder, The One who puts things in their right places. He makes ahead what He wills and delays what He wills.

Al-'Awwal
The First, The One whose Existence is without a beginning.

Al-'Akhir
The Last, The One whose Existence is without an end.

Az-Zaahir
The Manifest, The One that nothing is above Him and nothing is underneath Him, hence He exists without a place. He, The Exalted, His Existence is obvious by proofs and He is clear from the delusions of attributes of bodies.

Al-Baatin
The Hidden, The One that nothing is above Him and nothing is underneath Him, hence He exists without a place. He, The Exalted, His Existence is obvious by proofs and He is clear from the delusions of attributes of bodies.

Al-Walee
The Governor, The One who owns things and manages them.

Al-Muta^ali
The Most Exalted, The High Exalted, The One who is clear from the attributes of the creation.

Al-Barr
The Source of All Goodness, The Righteous, The One who is kind to His creatures, who covered them with His sustenance and specified whoever He willed among them by His support, protection, and special mercy.

At-Tawwaab
The Acceptor of Repentance, The Relenting, The One who grants repentance to whoever He willed among His creatures and accepts his repentance.

Al-Muntaqim
The Avenger, The One who victoriously prevails over His enemies and punishes them for their sins. It may mean the One who destroys them.

Al-^Afuww
The Pardoner, The Forgiver, The One with wide forgiveness.

Ar-Ra'uf
The Compassionate, The One with extreme Mercy. The Mercy of Allah is His will to endow upon whoever He willed among His creatures.

Malik Al-Mulk
The Eternal Owner of Sovereignty, The One who controls the Dominion and gives dominion to whoever He willed.

Thul-Jalali wal-Ikram
The Lord of Majesty and Bounty, The One who deserves to be Exalted and not denied.

Al-Muqsit
The Equitable, The One who is Just in His judgment.

Aj-Jaami^
The Gatherer, The One who gathers the creatures on a day that there is no doubt about, that is the Day of Judgment.

Al-Ghaniyy
The Self-Sufficient, The One who does not need the creation.

Al-Mughni
The Enricher, The One who satisfies the necessities of the creatures.

Al-Maani^
The Preventer, The Withholder.

Ad-Daarr
The Distresser, The One who makes harm reach to whoever He willed and benefit to whoever He willed.

An-Nafi^
The Propitious, The One who makes harm reach to whoever He willed and benefit to whoever He willed.

An-Noor
The Light, The One who guides.

Al-Haadi
The Guide, The One whom with His Guidance His belivers were guided, and with His Guidance the living beings have been guided to what is beneficial for them and protected from what is harmful to them.

Al-Badi^
The Incomparable, The One who created the creation and formed it without any preceding example.

Al-Baaqi
The Everlasting, The One that the state of non-existence is impossible for Him.

Al-Waarith
The Supreme Inheritor, The Heir, The One whose Existence remains.

Ar-Rasheed
The Guide to the Right Path, The One who guides.

As-Saboor
The Patient, The One who does not quickly punish the sinners.
"...There is nothing whatever like unto Him, and He is the One that hears and sees (all things). Qur'an [42:11]
(Arabic transliteration: Laysa Kamithlihi Shayun Wa Huwa As-Sami' ul-Basir)

NOTE:
I found many different versions of the 99 names. The above 99 are on a poster I have. Another list includes Al-Mu'tiy - The Bestower, The Giver and does not have Al-Ahad - The One. Another list did not have Al-Razzaaq -The Sustainer, The Provider but did have Al-Maajid The Noble, The One who is Majid.
Allah (subhanahu wa ta`ala)'s names are not limited to 99, which is a common misconception. There are a couple of evidences, one is the du`aa where one calls upon Allah by the names He (subhanahu wa ta`ala) has kept to Himself (obviously not taking these names since Allah has not revealed them to us); another is the fact that in the narrations of the famous ninety nine names hadith that do contain 99 names, the names are not consistent between narrations (for example, imam al-bayhaqi reports two versions of this hadith, with different 99 names in each). It is suggested by one commentator that the names were not explicitly stated by the rasul (sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam).

I pray that this helps.

masalam

fee amaan illa

Posted 01 September 2005 - 08:26 PM (#18) User is offline   Attaria23 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

Recite the following du-a'a to remove worries :

O Allah, if my sins have blackened my face, I turn to You through Your prophet, Muhammad, the prophet of mercy, blessings of Allah be on him and on his children, (and through) Ali, Fatimah, Hasan, Husayn and the (rest of the) Imams (of the Ahl ul Bayt), peace be on all of them.

ALLAAHUMMA IN KAANAT D'UNOOBEE QAD AKHLAQAT WAJHEE I'NDAKA FA INNEE ATAWAJJAHU ILAYKA BI NABIYYIKA NABIYYIR RAH'MATI MUHAMMADIN S'ALLALLAAHU A'LAYHI WA AALIHEE WA A'LIYYIN WA FAAT'IMATA WALAH'ASANI WAL H'USAYNI WAL A-IMMATI A'LAYHIMUS SALAAM

Posted 01 September 2005 - 08:30 PM (#19) User is offline   Attaria23 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

The following Du'a works with all sort of pains and aches.Inshallah Azwajal

I seek protection for my soul in the Lord of the earth and the Lord of the heavens I seek protection for my soul in the One in whose name no sickness can hurt I seek protection for my soul in the One whose name is Blessed and a Cure.

U`idhoo nafsee birabbil-ardhi wa rabbis-samaa' U`idhoo nafsee billadhee laa yadhurru ma`a-smihi daa' U`idhoo nafsee billadhee-smuhu barakatun washifaa'

Posted 01 September 2005 - 08:33 PM (#20) User is offline   Attaria23 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

Whosoever recites surah YaSin daily, or once in a weak or a month or at least once in a lifetime, Allah, if He wills, will keep safe from every disease that may inflict him/her.

Before reciting every du-a,a

Say:

Allaahumma S’alli a,laa Muh’ammad wa Aali Muh’ammad

[O Allah send blessings on Muhammad and on the children of Muhammad.
And
Bismillaahir Rah’maanir Rah’eem

[In the name of Allah. The beneficent. The merciful.]

And at the end of every du-a’a

Say:

Allaahumma S’alli A’laa Muh’ammadin wa Aali Muh’ammad

[O Allah send blessings on Muhammad and on the children of Muhammad

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options
  Or sign in with these services