Spirit Of Islam: British Muslim Mps Vote In Favour Of Gay Marriage Shocking - Spirit Of Islam

Icon Important Announcement!

Like us on facebook!

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

British Muslim Mps Vote In Favour Of Gay Marriage Shocking

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:41 PM (#21) User is offline   hafiz-qadri 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

View PostDesert-Sheikh, on 08 February 2013 - 02:10 PM, said:

All Politicians are secular - all who are part of the so-called democratic system in West and especially in the countries that have signed and ratified the 'Universal Declaration of Human Rights' (UDHR).

Can you tell me what is worst case scenario?

A secular politician who supports gay marriages (who already agreed to UDHR).

Or

An Islamic Scholar who swears by Almighty God that he will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.

PS: Martyrs (Iraq to Afghanistan) blood is on Bush & Blairs Hands but on several Pirs and Mullahs FACE!

Great way to twist an argument but why leave it short,Bush, Blair, Pirs and Mullahs of Britannia are not the only ones responsible,Have you forgotten Pakistan and their Alliance in Afghanistan.Nevertheless that's a separate argument back to the core issue is Gay Marriage Halaal or Haraam???
Haq Ali Ali Ali Moula Ali Ali Ali

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:45 PM (#22) User is offline   hafiz-qadri 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip

Stick to the topic! Don't get personal!

This post has been edited by The-Mughal-Sister: 08 February 2013 - 03:13 PM

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:07 PM (#23) User is offline   badman 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

Salams,

(personaly i think) The Muslim MP's should have refrained from voting.

Thank God, that the Christians in this country still have a say in certain policies the government makes.

Gays and Lesbians can do what ever they want in their bedrooms but to thrust their ways and their rights to marry, on to a society is beyond beleif. gay and lesbian marriages was never even heard of before!!! if they want to be gays and lesbians then thats their (so-called) right but homosexual marriages??? its like them gays who twist the Quranic Ayat to justify their unbeleivable acts in to saying that God does not allow a man to rape or lust after another man what Quran does not condemn is a man cannot (make) love to another man (freakin disgusting) meaning if its love and not lust then it fine! freakin disgusting.

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:15 PM (#24) User is offline   badman 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

Salams,

I think we should have a separate thread on what makes a gay or a lesbian person become what they are.

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:19 PM (#25) User is offline   The-Mughal-Sister 

• Full Moon
  • View blog
  • Group: Moderators

View Posthafiz-qadri, on 08 February 2013 - 02:02 PM, said:

I asked one simple question not a lecture,Are these 5 MPs still considered as Muslims????? yes or no
You carry on reading The Sun and The Daily Mirror,who love to corrupt and destroy societies but don't try to thrust that upon me.

Who on this forum has the right, the authority to condemn ANYONE and label them as a Kafir?!

It seems to me, Muslim get satisfaction labeling others as a kafir/murtad as though they a desperate need to judge. We should busy ourselves with our own faults, who knows in disgracing others we only disgrace ourselves.

“Your knowledge must improve your heart, and purge your ego.”

Imam Ghazzali RA

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:02 PM (#26) User is offline   hafiz-qadri 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip

View PostThe-Mughal-Sister, on 08 February 2013 - 03:19 PM, said:

Who on this forum has the right, the authority to condemn ANYONE and label them as a Kafir?!

It seems to me, Muslim get satisfaction labeling others as a kafir/murtad as though they a desperate need to judge. We should busy ourselves with our own faults, who knows in disgracing others we only disgrace ourselves.

Once again for the umpteenth time is Gay Marriage Halaal or Haraam??????????? why are you constantly avoiding to answer the question or shall I use a different language for you to understand,Either answer the question if not keep your advisory Lecture tucked away in your Handbag

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:05 PM (#27) User is offline   hafiz-qadri 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip

User Banned!

Adhere to forum rules or get lost!!

TMS

This post has been edited by The-Mughal-Sister: 08 February 2013 - 05:31 PM

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:34 PM (#28) User is offline   The-Mughal-Sister 

• Full Moon
  • View blog

View Posthafiz-qadri, on 08 February 2013 - 04:02 PM, said:

Once again for the umpteenth time is Gay Marriage Halaal or Haraam??????????? why are you constantly avoiding to answer the question or shall I use a different language for you to understand,Either answer the question if not keep your advisory Lecture tucked away in your Handbag

The original post was not whether these politicians were kafir or not, that is not up to mere mortals such as myself to say. I leave that to the knowledgeable ulema.

I declared my opinion in the first few posts of how politicians have sold their souls for their career.
Of course Gay/Lesbian relationship is haraam, when did I ever say otherwise?

“Your knowledge must improve your heart, and purge your ego.”

Imam Ghazzali RA

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:19 PM (#29) User is offline   YaNabi-Chemist 

• Full Moon

Salaam

As Muslims we must acknowledge that Allah is "Akbar", and that His law is final and all other laws are the concept of man.

To give precedence to the law of man, to vote for laws that are in direct violation of His laws is the open rejection of the concept of Allah being “Akbar”. Is this not setting up rivals to Allah?

Why not simply vote against the law? Is this not, after all, democracy? Many scholars will consider this as shirk on that basis - you can justify it all you like. Man, though Muslim, has a tendency to act contrary to why he has been put here and behaves in a manner that is seemingly devoid of the understanding of WHO put him here.

Finally, nobody here can pass judgement on a person’s emaan.

Feel free to PM me if you have any health issues / ailments.

Confidentiality will be maintained.

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:22 PM (#30) User is offline   Fekay 

• Full Eclipse
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

This should be made more clear: are they Muslim MPs or MPs who just happen to be Muslims?If former, then they're duty-bound to only represent the views of their people. The latter is just about career...

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:17 PM (#31) User is offline   CashewNut 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip

View Postbadman, on 08 February 2013 - 02:22 PM, said:

Salams,

If that is the case then 2 out of the five Muslims (40%) who voted are Women Folk,
Rushanara Ali (Bethnal Green & Bow) and Shabana Mahmood (Birmingham Ladywood) I will investigate further to see if they have any noor on their faces or not. (Rest Assured) I will (not) come back with my findings after ive studied their (roohani or non-noorhani) faces.

No Fatwa's for me please :huh: .....as im only investigating their female hoorani faces (stricktly for Islamic purposes, ofcourse):lol:.......... wah wah verrrrry nice anybody else want to join me? (before I leave for my mission):rolleyes: let me know straightaway, straight people, LolZ!!!

Lets compare those gay marriage voters ,with people who actually have noor.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The gay marriage voters

Posted Image

SHABANA MAHMOOD Birmingham Ladywood

Posted Image

SADIQ KHAN Tooting

Posted Image

ANAS SARWAR Glasgow

Posted Image

SAJID JAVID Bromsgrove

Posted Image

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:31 PM (#32) User is offline   CashewNut 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip

View Posthafiz-qadri, on 08 February 2013 - 02:02 PM, said:

I asked one simple question not a lecture,Are these 5 MPs still considered as Muslims????? yes or no
You carry on reading The Sun and The Daily Mirror,who love to corrupt and destroy societies but don't try to thrust that upon me.

Prohibiting Halal and permitting Haram is synonymous with Shirk. Only Allah has the right to legislate for man. So those women and men are not inside the fold of Islam according to Shariah.

Homosexuality is forbidden in the Noble Quran. Homosexuals were cursed in the Noble Quran.

"Would ye really approach men in your lusts rather than women? Nay, ye are a people (grossly) ignorant! (The Noble Quran, 27:55)"

"And (remember) Lut: behold, he said to his people: "Ye do commit lewdness, such as no people in Creation (ever) committed before you. "Do ye indeed approach men, and cut off the highway?- and practise wickedness (even) in your councils?" But his people gave no answer but this: they said: "Bring us the Wrath of God if thou tellest the truth." (The Noble Quran, 29:28-29)"

Also, Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, said:

'Abd al-Rahman, the son of Abu Sa'id al-Khudri, reported from his father: The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: "A man should not see the private parts of another man, and a woman should not see the private parts of another woman, and a man should not lie with another man under one covering, and a woman should not lie with another woman under one covering. (Translation of Sahih Muslim, The Book of Menstruation (Kitab Al-Haid), Book 003, Number 0667)"

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:18 PM (#33) User is offline   Mudassar-Rana 

• Full Moon
  • PipPipPipPipPip

One thing I find disturbing is that the type of question and enquiry hafiz qadri bro has made was never made when america and nato invaded iraq and afghanistan? After all that too was ok'd by parliament? How many muslims voted for the resolution? And how can we justify voting say labour or tory - when we know full well that they have innocent blood on their hands? Infact at the time I recall local councillors (muslim) saying we should think about what labour has done for uk muslims and not concern ourselves with iraqi muslims!

Yes it is clear that homosexuality is forbidden, but certainly the greater crime is the 1 million innocent deaths and that too horrifically destroyed deaths. Or perhaps those 1 million iraqi's that died as a result of the 10 year sanctions imposed on iraq? Maybe the fact that labour and tory continuously support the israeli oppression of palestinians. You know there are a lot of dots that need connecting. And these muslim mp's very rarely are eleced from non muslim majority constituencies. They are elected by our people. So the nifaq, the misunderstanding lies with us. And if we feel upset about them voting in favour of gay marriages - well it was coming to us.

The genuine or stated purpose of elections is that a person is elected who will serve the community - but do we vote for that sole purpose? NOPE!
my brothers are those who will believe in me, without having seen me.” [Ahmad, Musnad]

Jaag Muslmaan Jaag Muslmaan ... kitna naacho gai ghairon ki dhun par?Jis ummat mein rab ne sher paida kiye aaj wohi gheedar ka libaas apna muqaddar samjh bethi

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:36 PM (#34) User is offline   Mudassar-Rana 

• Full Moon
  • PipPipPipPipPip

With all due respect cashewnut bro - i think your wrong on the issue of noor on their faces. Spirituality is felt, its very rarely seen on pictures. The pictures of "alledged noor" are photoshopped pictures. I recall recently a pir saab with at the very least half a tonne of foundation on his face - and it was bloody obvious - but you would still get mureeds shouting "wow what noor" etc. You know in a parallel universe you will get qadiani's going on about how their guy is just noor 24/7 - which we obviously know is not true. Thats why arguments need to be based on facts.
my brothers are those who will believe in me, without having seen me.” [Ahmad, Musnad]

Jaag Muslmaan Jaag Muslmaan ... kitna naacho gai ghairon ki dhun par?Jis ummat mein rab ne sher paida kiye aaj wohi gheedar ka libaas apna muqaddar samjh bethi

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:17 AM (#35) User is offline   Qadri-Jilani 

• Full Moon
  • Group: Administrators

This is very depressing. There were 136 non-Muslim Tories who voted NO with their conscience yet these Muslims could not?

Are there any Muslim MPs who voted against, or abstained?

Maslak-e-Ahl-e-Sunnat

jarahat al-sinani laha'l-tiyamu ma yaltamu jarahat al-lisani
ei biradar chu 'aqibat khakast, khaak shawesh az ankei khaak shawee
apni millat par qiyas aqwam-e-maghrib sei na kar, khas hei tarkeeb mein qawm-e-Rasool-e-Hashmi

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:58 AM (#36) User is offline   CashewNut 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip

View PostMudassar-Rana, on 08 February 2013 - 11:36 PM, said:

With all due respect cashewnut bro - i think your wrong on the issue of noor on their faces. Spirituality is felt, its very rarely seen on pictures. The pictures of "alledged noor" are photoshopped pictures. I recall recently a pir saab with at the very least half a tonne of foundation on his face - and it was bloody obvious - but you would still get mureeds shouting "wow what noor" etc. You know in a parallel universe you will get qadiani's going on about how their guy is just noor 24/7 - which we obviously know is not true. Thats why arguments need to be based on facts.

Their action ( voting for gay marriage) tells alot about them beeing devoid of noor in their faces and spiritual state. Why can't just people accept that these guys done wrong.Their actions goes against the Quran and Sunnah?

Veena Malik, first Pakistani to Support GAY Marriage

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:01 AM (#37) User is offline   YaNabi-Chemist 

• Full Moon

View PostCashewNut, on 09 February 2013 - 02:58 AM, said:

Their action ( voting for gay marriage) tells alot about them beeing devoid of noor in their faces and spiritual state. Why can't just people accept that these guys done wrong.Their actions goes against the Quran and Sunnah?

Veena Malik, first Pakistani to Support GAY Marriage

What a person’s face looks like, quite frankly, tells you nothing of their character. It’s all subjective and may be sufficient for simple people.

This post has been edited by YaNabi-Chemist: 09 February 2013 - 10:02 AM

Feel free to PM me if you have any health issues / ailments.

Confidentiality will be maintained.

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:31 AM (#38) User is offline   blogger 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View blog

View PostCashewNut, on 08 February 2013 - 02:06 PM, said:

None of those who support gay marriage has any NOOR in their faces... says alot about them..

Noor lies within ... stop judging other's spiritual qualities by using their physical appearance as a barometer.
Brother, how much Noor do you have? how did you measure it? What is your definition of Noor?

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:03 PM (#39) User is offline   blogger 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View blog

View PostQadri-Jilani, on 09 February 2013 - 12:17 AM, said:

Are there any Muslim MPs who voted against, or abstained?

As previously stated by hafiz-qadri:

View Posthafiz-qadri, on 07 February 2013 - 11:44 AM, said:

Those who who didn't vote

KHALID MAHMOOD Birmingham Perry Bar

NADHIM ZAHAWI Stratford-on-Avon

YASMIN QURESHI Bolton South East

The only Muslim MP to oppose was I believe REHMAN CHISTI

I'm pretty sure we have issues with the MPs listed above ...
Should they get a pat on the back in this instance (should we gloss over their years of inadequacies)?
What about the good work that other Muslim MPs have done (is it to be washed away)?

Lets look at the issue of debate. Civil gay marriages have been and are taking place currently however, this bill will enable religious institiutes to opt-in to allow gays to have a religious ceremony at their premises. No mosque will be compelled to do this and in my opinion no mosque in the UK will ever volunteer. No mosque will have a claim of discrimination brought against them as the bill has protected religious institutes from this. So why are we muslim's getting so agitated about an issue that doesn't really affect our society? It is the Christian religious institutes that have come unstuck as they are not clear as to what their stance is regarding homosexuality
. At the moment I am not aware of a single Muslim scholar/mosque here in the UK advocating same-sex relationships.

Is it because gays are officially recognised by the UK government as being 'married'? if so, then you're are 8 years too late. The UK law has legally recognised same-sex civil partnerships 'marriages' since 2005. Civil partners have primarily had the same rights as ordinary married couples since 2005.

Why is it that the Muslim community wakes up and turns their attention to Muslim MPs on non-issues that quite frankly doesn't really affect their society at large. BUT chooses to sleep when Muslim MPs make efforts to build strategies to improve general society at large that have a direct impact on the Muslim community?

In short, people are comfortable sitting on their sofas bad-mouthing MPs on non-issues but can't stand up and show support for our Muslim MPs on day-to-day issues that affect them directly. It doesn't always have to be religious issues you know everyone has a duty to serve society in general regardless of creed.

Please tell me, am I missing something here.

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:14 PM (#40) User is offline   qasim88 

• New Moon
  • Pip

Salaam. This is an article I wrote on the legalisation of same sex marriages in Britain. Is the legalisation of same sex marriages a victory for the Muslim communities in Britain?

http://ideasforthemo...s-of-britain-5/

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options
  Or sign in with these services