Spirit Of Islam: Help The Sunni Muslims Of Blackburn From Deobandi Domination - Spirit Of Islam

Icon Important Announcement!

Like us on facebook!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Help The Sunni Muslims Of Blackburn From Deobandi Domination Petition to stop another Deobandi School being created

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:40 PM (#1) User is offline   mubsy17 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Please sign this petition and support the Sunni's of Blackburn.

*******************************************************************************************************************************YANABI CHEMIST HAS OBLITERATED THIS LINK *******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Why This Is Important

This application is being made by the Tauheedul Islam group, who are already offering it's community members Secondary and Sixth Form Education therefore the planned Primary School will mean that Students will not integrate with the wider community at all.

Community Cohesion is already a huge problem in the borough, where segregation is a massive problem. This school would definately worsen the existing problems.

The town has had massive investment in schools through the Building Schools for the Future (BSF) programme, allowing this school application would undermine this process

This post has been edited by YaNabi-Chemist: 11 April 2012 - 08:18 PM

Meeran Waliyo kay Imaam,

Dedo Panj Tan key naam,

Hum nay Jholi hay pelayi

Bari dher say!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:10 PM (#2) User is offline   seeker 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

WOAH WOAH woah! I was about to sign this then saw you are AGAINST the school being created? Are the "Sunnis" so fuelled by sectarianism? If it was a "Sunni" school (by your standards) I presume "community cohesion" would not have been a problem?! This is absolutely ridiculous and outrageous.

Anyone thinking of signing the petition, I demand that you read this verse:

2:114 And who is more unjust than those who forbid that Allahs Name be glorified and mentioned much (i.e. prayers and invocations, etc.) in Allahs Mosques and strive for their ruin? It was not fitting that such should themselves enter them (Allahs Mosques) except in fear. For them there is disgrace in this world, and they will have a great torment in the Hereafter.

PLEASE pray for me - just say Ameen!
OH ALLAH, GUIDE US

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:58 PM (#3) User is offline   Fekay 

• Full Eclipse
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Salaam

I am willing to place my penny-worth signature on this petition only if you can answer some questions to a satisfactory standard. First of all, how exactly is this school being created? By created, I mean funded; who's funding the project? Secondly, is there anyother reason why we should resist this project other then the obvious pretext being used to score sectarian brownie points,that's community cohesion?

Lastly, how will this actually help the sunni population of blackburn?

regards and wasalaam

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:44 PM (#4) User is offline   Desert-Sheikh 

• Administrator
  • View blog
  • Group: Administrators

View Postmubsy17, on 11 April 2012 - 02:40 PM, said:

Please sign this petition and support the Sunni's of Blackburn.

Would you submit this petition if this was a Barelvi School (by assuming that students will not integrate with the wider community)?

This post has been edited by YaNabi-Chemist: 11 April 2012 - 08:18 PM

Administrator
YaNabi Team

-What is it to make you wonder, if I roam the desert waste?
Not all those who wander are lost!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:15 PM (#5) User is offline   arzooemadinah 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip

What about other schooles in blackburn already . How many schools you need in blackburn as it is a small town.

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:18 PM (#6) User is offline   YaNabi-Chemist 

• Full Moon
  • Group: Moderators

Answer the point raised by Desert Shaykh
Feel free to PM me if you have any health issues / ailments.

Confidentiality will be maintained.

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:02 PM (#7) User is offline   Fatema-the-resplendent 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • Group: Moderators

Can someone please inform me the need for an Islamic Primary School? I thought at such young ages the only thing that required is recognition there is a God, recognising love and affection for our Messenger. Do we need a School to teach young Children this or is the School going to be corrupting young minds or over exerting the idea of islamic practice which may not apply to Children of that age.

And other generic values to be learned at that age have nothing to do with Religion and can be taught in a normal school-although teaching morality at School is something that is disagreeable because the bed of morality should be made at Home.

Lutf-e-mai tujh se kya kahu’n zahid
Haae kambakht tu ne pi hi nahi’n
-Daagh Dehlvi

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:38 PM (#8) User is offline   Desert-Sheikh 

• Administrator
  • View blog
  • Group: Administrators

View PostFatema-the-resplendent, on 11 April 2012 - 10:02 PM, said:

Can someone please inform me the need for an Islamic Primary School?

I've seen Minhaj-ul-Quran and Laskar-e-Teyiba's Islamic (model) Primary/High Schools in Pakistan, therefore I am totally against the Religious Primary or High Schools.

Everyone should have the chance to get proper education, free from sectarian influences until the age of 18. And after GCSE/Matriculation, students should have the freedom to choose Where they want to study (Islamic college or Standard college) but Children shouldn't be forced into religious primary schools unless they provide a high quality education, free from sectarian influences whish is Impossible.

Administrator
YaNabi Team

-What is it to make you wonder, if I roam the desert waste?
Not all those who wander are lost!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:50 PM (#9) User is offline   seeker 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

I think Islamic schools can be positive, certainly. The only reason I might hesitate in sending people to Muslim schools is because of low academic standards (though this is not always the case). Given the choice between a mixed high school of average education, and an Islamic high school of average education, I would probably choose the Islamic one if I thought my child was influenced too much already by Western culture. If I thought they were strong enough to stand the onslaught they face in mixed schools, then fine! (I turned out alright! Sadly, not all of my friends did.)
PLEASE pray for me - just say Ameen!
OH ALLAH, GUIDE US

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:50 AM (#10) User is offline   Wasim. 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip
  • LocationIndia

bado se suna hain, bache bachpane mein jyada catch karte hain, isliye agar wo islamic primary school mein jayenge to acha hain,

"If you desire my life, I will sacrifice it. If you desire my wealth I will give it. But, there is one thing that I will never sacrifice, and that is, the love and reverence for the beloved, Sayyadina Rasool-Allah (Salla Allahu 'alayhi wa Sallam)." A'la Hadrat Shah Imam Ahmad Rida Khan (Rehmatullahi Alaih)

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:14 AM (#11) User is offline   Mudassar-Rana 

• Full Moon
  • PipPipPipPipPip

tauheed ul islam actually is one of the best performing schools in the country - so good in fact that it was given government funded status. Further it has also been brought into the mainstream by linking it with blackburn college/university.

Promoting sectarianism in the education sector is majorly down to our own lack of acheivement in any field and is professional jealousy.Our inability to organise anything more than annual naat conferences for the benefit of naat khawaans and those expert at stealing bollywood tunes is a big failure of our own small village mentality.

If there is anything to learn from tauheeds success is that focus, dedication and professionalism shows the positive effect both nationally and locally that islam can have.

Below are the results acheived last year - clearly anyone who opposes the efforts of the school is blinded by hate.

http://www.lancashir...ool__Blackburn/

If there is one criticism it is the lack of places and the bias towards certain communities - other than that it is a school that ought to be lauded and aided infact if i thought we could copy their success I would say go for it!
my brothers are those who will believe in me, without having seen me.” [Ahmad, Musnad]

Jaag Muslmaan Jaag Muslmaan ... kitna naacho gai ghairon ki dhun par?Jis ummat mein rab ne sher paida kiye aaj wohi gheedar ka libaas apna muqaddar samjh bethi

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options
  Or sign in with these services