• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Lets Talk Cricket

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:40 PM (#1) User is offline   badman 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Salams,

OMG! Pakistan beat England by 72 runs after England were bowled out for a measly 72 in the second innings of the second test. Im not the biggest cricket fan especially of test cricket but I think England have been doing quite reasonably well in the last couple of years the drubbing of Australia (Away) in the Ashes was a highlight of last year (2011) where if I can remember correctly they gave a whitewash!!!

is it back to the drawing board for England? With Pakistan 2-0 up in the series (have they (Pakistanies) won the series already?) from the way England are playing it looks that way. What do you guys think?

Who is the best test cricket side in the world right now?

Will Sachin ever get his 100th – 100 test centuary? (I hope Insha’ALLAH he does.)

…………for some Cricket is simply ‘Janaat’……….…

Anyone on here remember this from 1986? ..... lets debate Cricket........

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:14 PM (#2) User is offline   Ghulaam-e-Naqshband 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

British press headline tomorrow, Abdur Rehman has a suspect action, arm bends 45 degrees, sympathies with England as they were up against chuckers!
Bedam yahin to paanch hain maqsoode kayenaat ......... Khairun Nisa, Hussain o Hasan, Mustafa, Ali

Kheera Na Kar Saka Mujhe Jalwa-E-Danish-E-Farang......Surma Hai Meri Aankh Ka Khak-E-Madina-O-Najaf.

Naseer Hum mein tho apnosi koi baat nahin......... Karam Hai unka jo Apna banaye baytte hain

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:15 PM (#3) User is offline   naqshbandihaqqani 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

I'm surprised Eng all out for 72! Well done Pak!
Despite this, I still think England are --at full strength--the best Test team in the world right now. (I am one of those for whom real cricket is
Test cricket.) But for me, cricket's Golden Era is forever identified with the great West Indies teams of Clive Lloyd and Viv Richards and the
greatest batsman I have ever seen is Brian Lara. Waqar at his peak is the greatest bowler along with Malcolm Marshall...
O marvel! A garden amidst the flames! My heart has become capable of every form:
it is a pasture for gazelles, and a convent for Christian monks,A temple for idols, and the pilgrim's Ka'ba,
the tables of the Torah and the book of the Quran. I follow the religion of Love: whatever way
Love's camels take, that is my religion and my faith.

-Ibn Arabi

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:22 PM (#4) User is offline   Fekay 

• Full Eclipse
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Sachin Tendulker still trying for his 100'th century. :D

Posted Image

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:34 PM (#5) User is offline   Khalid_the_Warrior 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Well done Pakistan, what a victory! Absolutly fantastic.

Bro SS, england the best team in the world, think again. They are home track bullies, aren't they?

They are still a good team along with SA and AUS but the day belong to Pakistan.

Pakistan Zindabad!!!

Repentance is a strange mount -
it jumps towards heaven in a single moment from the lowest place

Posted 28 January 2012 - 10:40 PM (#6) User is offline   Brother_MGS 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip

I watched every ball today. I think Pakistan have a very bright future in test match cricket. We have always had the capacity to produce match winners. Our history is glittered with phenominally talented cricketers, just the system hasn't been in place.

Ajmal is world class, he is something else. So much control and composure he doesnt allow batsmen to score of him. Murali, the other great offspinner, produced his best against the lower ranked teams or on rank turners in Columbo or Galle. Ramiz Raja made a really good point, that the wickets have been of fantastic quality. Had this series been in Pakistan, after the first test match, the wicket for the other 2 tests would have been flat beds to ensure draws in both the games. Many batsmen who are called world class today are so because they have battered bowling attacks on flat decks.

What I'm really worried about is the age of some of our key peformers. Younis Khan, Misbah and Ajmal are getting on a bit age wise for cricketers. Even though all 3 are extremely fit athletes, compared to the Indian hasbeens that have been rolled over in Aus, we need to have one eye on the future. Mohsin Khan should get the job on a permenant basis, Dav Whatmore is a good coach but Mohsin is the chief selecter and knows Pakistani cricket inside out.
We have the best spin bowling attack in the world, Ajmal is miles better than Swann. Just look at how much control Ajmal has in variation, flight and how he mixes in his doosras. Swann doesn't have a killer delivery. Asad Shafiq, Azhar Ali and Umar Akmal is our batting future. Even though all 3 have alot to work on yet the potential and talent is definately there. Adnan Akmal is a good wicket keeper but his batting isn't upto test standards. If Kamran Akmal can fix his keeping, maybe hire a national keeping coach, he deserves to be in the team. Modern great test teams rely on a keeper that can bat in the middle order.

We have a General like captain in Misbah, but we need to start grooming the guy thats going to take over from him. Maybe an Azhar Ali or Asad Shafiq or even the Professer Hafeez to take on vice captaincy and begin to learn the ropes.

England are unworthy number one holders, they are below par outside England. Their team is designed for English conditions and a batting line up that looks great against average bowling. India or Sri Lanka don't have a bowling attack worth boasting about. Jimmy Anderson is average outside the swinging English conditions, Morgan isn't a test batsmen, Pieterson is over hyped flat track bully who destroys average attacks and Ian Bell is a flat track bully. Cook, Strauss, Trott and Prior are the only very good test batsmen they have.

India are finished, their batting line up isn't fearsome anymore, it hasnt been for a while. What makes Pakistan's success stick out is that they are still playing away from home and have been for a while. India are a good team on flat baked tracks of India, where the ball will do something on the 5th day. All bowlers would love to bowl knowing they have 600 odd runs backing them up. Dravid, Laxman, Tendulkar, Sehwag, Gambhir and Dhoni are past it. They are cricketers on the decline, who don't have the fitness to stay at the top of their game. Harbhajan can't spin the bowl anymore, Zaheer Khan gets slower and slower relying more on the art of swing that is only helpful in helpful conditions, that new bloke Yadav bowls 6 half volleys an over and Ashwin is India's Ashley Giles.

Even though Pakistan got battered in Australia atleast they gave a worthy fight and couldve won 2 test matches had our wicket keeper known how to catch and stump. Kamran Akmal ruined Kaneria's career. We should have drawn the test series in this country, but it was overshadowed by a disgraceful episode. Its good to see Pakistan doing soo well, I just hope they stay grounded because they have alot more to improve yet.

South Africa and Australia are both class sides. AB Divillers, Hashim Amla, Graeme Smith, J Kallis, Ponting, Clarke, Hussey are all world class batsmen. Australia will always have a dangerous fast bowling unit and SA have Steyn, who is the best fast bowler in the world by a country mile. Even though South Africa choke in pressure situations, both them and Australia produce fantastically fit sportsmen and all round cricketers. Their domestic structures are of strength hence them being such class teams.

The only thing that comes to a sleeping man is dreams- Tupac Shakur

Posted 28 January 2012 - 10:47 PM (#7) User is offline   Brother_MGS 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip

View Postbadman, on 28 January 2012 - 12:40 PM, said:

Salams,

OMG! Pakistan beat England by 72 runs after England were bowled out for a measly 72 in the second innings of the second test. Im not the biggest cricket fan especially of test cricket but I think England have been doing quite reasonably well in the last couple of years the drubbing of Australia (Away) in the Ashes was a highlight of last year (2011) where if I can remember correctly they gave a whitewash!!!

is it back to the drawing board for England? With Pakistan 2-0 up in the series (have they (Pakistanies) won the series already?) from the way England are playing it looks that way. What do you guys think?

Who is the best test cricket side in the world right now?

Will Sachin ever get his 100th – 100 test centuary? (I hope Insha’ALLAH he does.)

…………for some Cricket is simply ‘Janaat’……….…

Anyone on here remember this from 1986? ..... lets debate Cricket........

England don't need to panic. Theyl be back to playing in England again soon and I think they play West Indies first up. I mean they can show their world classness against an average west Indies team again. They have away tours to Sri Lanka and India this year too, both of which I think they can win. Sri Lanka and India don't have the spinners they used to. Morgan should be kicked out the test team, Pieterson dropped.

Sachin Tendulkar was class, his stats tell the story. I don't think on current form he deserves that milestone, but he won't retire until he gets it. Dravid and Laxman should call it a day.

Posted 28 January 2012 - 11:54 PM (#8) User is offline   Mudassar-Rana 

• Full Moon
  • PipPipPipPipPip

It was awesome, these guys they just had to turn up! Im just happy to shut the sky studio pundits up for a change!
my brothers are those who will believe in me, without having seen me.” [Ahmad, Musnad]

Jaag Muslmaan Jaag Muslmaan ... kitna naacho gai ghairon ki dhun par?Jis ummat mein rab ne sher paida kiye aaj wohi gheedar ka libaas apna muqaddar samjh bethi

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:23 AM (#9) User is offline   Brother_MGS 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip

View PostMudassar-Rana, on 28 January 2012 - 11:54 PM, said:

It was awesome, these guys they just had to turn up! Im just happy to shut the sky studio pundits up for a change!

Oh and that to!
Bob Willis and David Gower are very anti Pakistan. You could tell from Bob Willis's face that he was burning. I remember when we beat SA in the semi finals of the T20 world cup we won. The internal burning shown by the sky commentators especially Nasser Hussain was unreal. They were hating it that Pakistan made it to the Final. I attended many games in that tournament, it was the best this countries had!

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:23 PM (#10) User is offline   Khalid_the_Warrior 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View blog

View PostBrother_MGS, on 29 January 2012 - 12:23 AM, said:

Oh and that to!
Bob Willis and David Gower are very anti Pakistan. You could tell from Bob Willis's face that he was burning. I remember when we beat SA in the semi finals of the T20 world cup we won. The internal burning shown by the sky commentators especially Nasser Hussain was unreal. They were hating it that Pakistan made it to the Final. I attended many games in that tournament, it was the best this countries had!

I remember too. I went to see pakistan game as well.

Whenever Pakistan win, its the other team's fault, they never praise pakistan. The british media is very baised, instead of giving pakistan credit for the victory they started making as England gave it away.

Its not Pakistan won the match but its more like England lost the match.

I wonder what are they co'king up this time, who are they going to blame, probably abdur rehman has a dogy action. lol

Repentance is a strange mount -
it jumps towards heaven in a single moment from the lowest place

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:33 PM (#11) User is offline   Fatema-the-resplendent 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • Group: Moderators

This thread has an Anti-England feel, not good.
I actually like the England Cricket team and Panesar did really well yesterday.

As for Pakistan, yes they were great and I'm so happy they won.

Lutf-e-mai tujh se kya kahu’n zahid
Haae kambakht tu ne pi hi nahi’n
-Daagh Dehlvi

Posted 29 January 2012 - 01:10 PM (#12) User is offline   Brother_MGS 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip

View PostKhalid_the_Warrior, on 29 January 2012 - 12:23 PM, said:

I remember too. I went to see pakistan game as well.

Whenever Pakistan win, its the other team's fault, they never praise pakistan. The british media is very baised, instead of giving pakistan credit for the victory they started making as England gave it away.

Its not Pakistan won the match but its more like England lost the match.

I wonder what are they co'king up this time, who are they going to blame, probably abdur rehman has a dogy action. lol

You know what the funny thing is they used to call reverse swing ball tampering, when the great two Ws introduced it. Now they do it themselves. They call the doosra an illegal delivery watch soon theyl be bowling it them selves. Without a killer delivery the game of cricket is far too easily dominated by the bat. Even in this game a few wickets fell to poor shot selection of foot movement.

Full credit to Panesar aswel, hes a sub continent type spin bowler, he may get hit for a few but he will always probe. England do have a very good test team, their previous form shows it but the thing is they are only a fantastic team at home in their own conditions. Theyve got to be brilliant in Asia to be called the world's best, which unfortunately they haven't got the tools to do. The British media blows their trumpet too loud, theres alot of players in that team that are over hyped.

The thing is Pakistan is the only team in the world that Ive seen that can win a match out of nothing or turn a cricket match around in moments. Only we produce players with such aura about them. When Pakistan sniff a way back into a cricket match they become a different team all together, the spirit levels are raised and they are an excited bunch. BUt whats good to see is that we are playing consistant cricket over 5 days. Theirs a mentality and an ethos and its no longer relying on talent to get us through, theres methods and an ethos in place.

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:00 PM (#13) User is offline   badman 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

Salams,

3-0 Whitewash win for Pakistan. Pakistan become the first side in 105 years to win a Test match after having made fewer than 100 runs in their first innings! Well done Pakistan - a big disappointment from England's batsmen but all credit to the Pakistan Team hope they can keep this kind of form for future test series (Insha'ALLAH)
One former Pakistani Batsman I really like was Zaheer Abaas - the Guys a legend! Yes, Waqar Younis a genius with the bowl (I think Imran Khan introduced him to the world if im correct?)

(SS) Viv Richards? Malcolm Marshall? Clive Loyd? - now your giving away your age, Lol! MGS - seems like you know your Cricket well? you play for any club?

Tendulkar deserves his 100th, 100 test centuary on long term merit (for what he has achieved in Cricket) come on Guys wheres the Sportsmanship? if he were Pakistani would you not want him to get his Century?

(so nobody remembers Javed Miandad's last ball 6er against India in 1986?) anybody remembers Graham Gooch's 300 plus runs against India in 1990? (lol)

To put (Iron in the fire) Cant wait for England to avenge the Test Whitewash by Us beating Pakistan in the one day and twenty-20 (fingers crossed) :D

Dam Dam, South Africa (most probably) overtaken England as No.1 Test side in the World.

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:23 PM (#14) User is offline   badman 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

Salams EverybodyPosted Image
So the angrez lions have eaten the Pakistani chicken tikka masala's hehehe! The good news is its 2-0 to the visitors which Godwilling (should be) doubled up too a 4-0 mauling very soon hehehePosted Image Must say it was a much closer match than the first odi where Pakistan were humbled to 130 runs all out to the very impressive Three Lions who doubled up @ 260Can't wait for the Pakistani fans on here to give their match analysis (hohoho) Where did the hosts go wrong or shall we say how (larger than life) magnificent the tourists were? LolCricket fans Please report postmortem oops sorry postmatch analysis ASAP lol

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:26 PM (#15) User is offline   Mudassar-Rana 

• Full Moon
  • PipPipPipPipPip

View Postbadman, on 15 February 2012 - 08:23 PM, said:

Salams EverybodyPosted Image
So the angrez lions have eaten the Pakistani chicken tikka masala's hehehe! The good news is its 2-0 to the visitors which Godwilling (should be) doubled up too a 4-0 mauling very soon hehehePosted Image Must say it was a much closer match than the first odi where Pakistan were humbled to 130 runs all out to the very impressive Three Lions who doubled up @ 260Can't wait for the Pakistani fans on here to give their match analysis (hohoho) Where did the hosts go wrong or shall we say how (larger than life) magnificent the tourists were? LolCricket fans Please report postmortem oops sorry postmatch analysis ASAP lol

at least the pakistani fans can still support pakistan! :lol:

Proud to say fail the tebbit test!
my brothers are those who will believe in me, without having seen me.” [Ahmad, Musnad]

Jaag Muslmaan Jaag Muslmaan ... kitna naacho gai ghairon ki dhun par?Jis ummat mein rab ne sher paida kiye aaj wohi gheedar ka libaas apna muqaddar samjh bethi

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:59 PM (#16) User is offline   badman 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

Salams,

I say, “Boom, boom, boom.” Now let me hear you say, “Way-Ho!”
I say, “Boom, boom, boom.” Now everybody say, “Way-Ho!”

(Hehehe) Al-Hamdulilah (Hil Rabbil Alamin) its all looking good just 30 runs needed from 100 and odd balls! I think we'll let Pakistan beat us in the next match (it would pain me to see pakistani fans on here get hurt .......So BaaaaD!!!!!) :P nah 3-1 is more respectable than a 4-0 beating (Hehehe) whatcha sayin 'bud' hehehe (am only windin you up)

I say, “Boom, boom, boom.” Now let me hear you say, “Way-Ho!”

I say, “Boom, boom, boom.” Now everybody say, “Way-Ho!”

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:26 PM (#17) User is offline   Fekay 

• Full Eclipse
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Match fixed.

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:44 PM (#18) User is offline   badman 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

Salams,
No am not going to go on about how Good England is and wind a few people here (just a reminder to myself - there is cricket outside of England, LolZ) just heard on the news Ricky Ponting's one day international cricket career seems to be over after being axed from the one day series. The 37 year old Aussie Captain who was on the recieving end of a humiliating whitewash ashes defeat last winter... (sorry but I could not hold back, hehehe) has made just a paltry pathetic 18 runs in his last 5 matches (Apparantly) The Guy gave credit to Indian bowlers devastating form for his lack of runs!!! Australia were on a down wards stream after dominating The World Cricket for (nearly) last 15 years. Its a shame to see The Aussies crumble so fast, what next for Australian Cricket? Do we have any Aussie fans here?

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:38 PM (#19) User is offline   badman 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

Salams,

............ And its a whitewash! very close game.

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:18 PM (#20) User is offline   badman 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

Salams,

(Boo... Boo... Boo.....) and England lost the first twenty-twenty match (yesterday) by 8 runs, Well done Pakistan!:)!

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options
  Or sign in with these services