• You cannot reply to this topic

Mawlid-un-nabi Is An Eid

Posted 19 January 2012 - 07:58 AM (#1) User is offline   warea 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Mawlid-un-Nabi is an Eid

Bismillah

From among the innovations and exaggerations of the salafi cult is the practice of deeming Muslim masses as evil misguided heretics because of their joyous and pious respect for the day the Prophet peace and blessings be upon him was born.

They say that there are only two Eids in Islam and anything else is a evil innovation being thrown into the hell fire. And they say that Islam is complete and quote the Quranic verse:
{ 'This day I have perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion.'} [al-Maa'idah 5:3]

Yet when we come to analyse these supposed proofs of theirs we find that it is on the contrary, a refutation of their very argument. For that day in which the Quranic verse they quote was revealed, was itself also taken as Eid in Islam. If we look into the tafsirs for the explanation of this Quranic verse, they all relate the following narrations:

Imam Ahmad recorded that Tariq bin Shihab said, "A Jewish man said to `Umar bin Al-Khattab, `O Leader of the Believers! There is a verse in your Book, which is read by all of you (Muslims), and had it been revealed to us, we would have taken that day (on which it was revealed) as a day of celebration.'

`Umar bin Al-Khattab asked, `Which is that verse'

The Jew replied, (This day, I have perfected your religion for you, completed My favor upon you...)

`Umar replied, `By Allah! I know when and where this verse was revealed to Allah's Messenger . It was the evening on the Day of `Arafah on a Friday.'''

Al-Bukhari recorded this Hadith through Al-Hasan bin As-Sabbah from Ja`far bin `Awn. Muslim, At-Tirmidhi and An-Nasa'i also recorded this Hadith. In the narration collected by Al-Bukhari in the book of Tafsir, through Tariq, he said, "The Jews said to `Umar, `By Allah! There is a verse that is read by all of you (Muslims), and had it been revealed to us, we would have taken that day (on which it was revealed) as a day of celebration.' `Umar said, `By Allah! I know when and where this verse was revealed and where the Messenger of Allah was at that time. It was the day of `Arafah, and I was at `Arafah, by Allah.''

[Tafsir ibn Kathir]

(This day have I perfected your religion for you…) [5:3]. This verse was revealed on Friday, on the Day of ‘Arafah, at the farewell pilgrimage, after ‘Asr prayer in the tenth year of the Hijrah while the Prophet, Allah bless him and give him peace, was present in ‘Arafat on the back of his camel al-‘Adba’. ‘Abd al-Rahman ibn Hamdan al-‘Adl informed us> Ahmad ibn Ja‘far al-Qati‘i> ‘Abd Allah ibn Ahmad> his father> Ja‘far ibn ‘Awn> Abu ‘Umays> Qays ibn Muslim> Tariq ibn Shihab who said: “A Jewish man went to ‘Umar ibn al-Khattab, may Allah be well pleased with him, and said: ‘O leader of the believers, you recite one verse in your Scripture which, if it had been revealed to us, we would have taken the day in which it was revealed as a day of celebration’. ‘Which verse is this?’ asked ‘Umar. He said: ‘It is (This day have I perfected your religion for you and completed My favour unto you…)’. ‘Umar said: ‘By Allah, I know the day in which it was revealed to the Messenger of Allah, Allah bless him and give him peace, and the hour in which it was revealed to the Messenger of Allah, Allah bless him and his family and give him peace. It was revealed on Friday, in the afternoon of the day of ‘Arafah’ ”. This was narrated by Bukhari from al-Hasan ibn Sabah and also by Muslim from ‘Abd ibn Humayd, and Ibn Sabah and Ibn Humayd related it from Ja‘far ibn ‘Awn. Al-Hakim Abu ‘Abd al-Rahman al-Shadhyakhi informed us> Zahir ibn Ahmad> al-Husayn ibn Nuhammad ibn Mus‘ab> Yahya ibn Hakim> Abu Qutaybah> Hammad> ‘Ammar ibn Abi ‘Ammar: “Ibn ‘Abbas recited this verse in the presence of a Jewish man, and the latter said: ‘If this verse was revealed to us, we would have taken the day in which it was revealed as a celebration day’. Ibn ‘Abbas said: ‘Well, it was revealed in two days of celebration which coincided with each other: it was a Friday which coincided with the day of ‘Arafah’ ”.

Asbab Al-Nuzul by Al-Wahidi , trans. Mokrane Guezzou 

What we see from this response to the question of Jews on taking this day as a celebration, is that, instead of giving a lecture about bidah or explaining that there are only 2 eids in Islam, the foremost, closest and learnt of the companions of the Prophet, Umar bin al Khattab radiallahu anhu and Ibn Abbas radiallahu anhu instead went onto prove that this day was indeed a celebration in Islam as it fell on the day of Arafah and on a Friday, both of which are considered holy days in Islam. (1)

The sunnah of the Prophet(pbuh) on the day of Arafah is to fast on this day. Hence we see that this was enough basis by the companion of the Prophet to understand this day as an eid and holding enough importance to counter the Jews.

Therefore the proof to hold Mawlid un Nabi as an eid similarly comes from the explicit confirmed sunnah of the Prophet to fast on Mondays of every month on account of it being the birthday of the Prophet peace and blessings be upon him.

Abu Qatada al-Ansari reported that Muhammad was asked about his fasting. He was asked about perpetual fasting, whereupon he said: He neither fasted nor did he break it, or he did not fast and he did not break it. He was then asked about fasting for two days and breaking one day. He (Muhammad) said: And who has strength enough to do it? He was asked about fasting for a day and breaking for two days, whereupon he said: May Allah bestow upon us strength to do it. He was then asked about fasting for a day and breaking on the other, whereupon he said: That is the fasting of my brother David. He was then asked about fasting on Monday, whereupon he said: It was the day on which I was born. on which I was commissioned with prophethood or revelation was sent to me, (and he further) said: Three days' fasting every month and of the whole of Ramadan every year is a perpetual fast. He was asked about fasting on the day of 'Arafa (9th of Dhu'I-Hijja), whereupon he said: It expiates the sins of the preceding year and the coming year. He was asked about fasting on the day of 'Ashura (10th of Muharram), whereupon he said: It expiates the sins of the preceding year. The Book of Fasting (Kitab Al-Sawm)[ Muslim :: Book 6 : Hadith 2603]

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, “The Prophet used to fast on the first nine days of Dhul-Hijjah and the day of Ashura, and three days each month, the first Monday of the month and two Thursdays.” [Abu Dawood, 2/462]

An-Nasaa'i (2417). Imaam Ahmad (26991) narrated that Hafsah (ra) said:"There are four actions that the Prophet did not leave: the fast of 'Aashoorah, the ten (days of Dhul Hijjah), three days from every month and two Rak'ah before al-Ghadaa".Abu Daawud (2437) narrated: "The Messenger of Allah would fast the nine days of Dhul Hijjah, the day of 'Aashoorah, three days from every month: the first Monday of the month and Thursday".

Therefore, the understanding of mawlid un nabi as an Eid is from the way of the foremost companions of Islam. Hence, the response to the salafists who want proof for mawlid un nabi as an eid is the same form of response Umar Radiallahu anhu and Ibn Abbas radiallahu anhu gave to the Jews : By Allah, it was on a Monday and the Prophet fasted on Mondays on account of his birthday.

Now if they say that only fasting is permitted and anything else is a evil bidah that takes muslims to dwell in the hell fire, we say that this ruling is your personal invention without any basis in Islam.

The Quran says:
Say: "In the bounty of God. And in His Mercy,  in that "LET THEM REJOICE" : that is better than the (wealth) they hoard (10:58)
We have not sent you but as a “Mercy to the worlds” (21:107)

Therefore rejoicing in His mercy is a command of the Quran and considered as way better than the perto dollars the salafiyya hoard and the Quran confirms that the sending of the Prophet is a mercy. The birth of the Prophet peace and blessings be upon him is no doubt a sending of His mercy and moment to rejoice. The verse is a general verse and does not mention any specific format on how the "rejoicing" should be done. Therefore, all halal methods of rejoice is permitted and haram methods will be forbidden. Those who spread hatred of Muslims on account of the halal methods of rejoicing on mawlid un nabi are the real innovators introducing into the deen that which has no basis in it and making haram what Allah did not make haram.

And from among the falsehood invented is that it was the Shias who started the practice of mawlid. This falsehood is refuted by the practice of the Meccans as reported by Ibn Jubayr (540-614) in his Rihla ("Travels") states:

"This blessed place (the Birthplace Mosque of the Prophet) is opened, and all men enter it to derive blessing from it (mutabarrikin bih) on every Monday of the month of Rabi al-Awwal, for on that day and in that month was born the Prophet." (2)

--------------------------------------

1. To read more on the greatness of the day of Arafah in Islam, see:

http://www.jannah.or...ayofarafat.html

http://www.suhaibweb...st-dhul-hijjah/

2. For more on the house of mawlid, see:
http://mac.abc.se/ho...in_oldMekah.txt
Signature reset by YaNabi Team. Keep it nice and SHORT.

Posted 06 February 2012 - 08:44 PM (#2) User is offline   technocore 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip
  • View blog

Did the Prphet (saaw) state (hadith) 12 Rabiul Awal to be celebrated as Eid (in accordance to the direct quranic order mentioned above) ?
In addition is there an explicit order in hadith to celebrate the other two Eids ?

- The most favorable friend to me is that who shows me my flaws -

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:55 AM (#3) User is offline   warea 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip

Fasting every Monday of month is more superior than just one day of every year, because the prophet saaw is "celebrating" his birthday 12 times every year by fasting on Mondays.

And there is no specific narration allocating 12th of Rabi al awwal for mawlid gathering. Nor is there any narration forbidding it.
Signature reset by YaNabi Team. Keep it nice and SHORT.

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:50 AM (#4) User is offline   followerof.mohammad 

• New Moon
  • Pip
  • LocationAbu Dhabi,UAE

12 Rabi-ul-Awal is indeed the birth date of our Beloved prophet (pbuh) but different people celebrate it with different ways, some people fast on this, some people celebrate it with reciting naats or arranging Mawlid, some people celebrate it by following actual Sunnah etc etc..............
But considering this day as Eid is not permissible becoz there are only two Eids.

{ 'This day I have perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion.'} [al-Maa'idah 5:3]

Islam was completed at our Beloved Prophet (sAw) and anything which came after him(sAw) is not Islam.

"Our life is three'E',yesterday was experience, today is experiment, tomorrow is expectation.....
So, Use your experience in your experiment to achieve your expectation !

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:22 PM (#5) User is offline   followerof.mohammad 

• New Moon
  • Pip
  • LocationAbu Dhabi,UAE

Prophet Mohammad (pbuh) used to fast on Monday because he was born,became Messanger and recieved the first the relevation from Almighty Allah at this day

Have anyone noticed, that fasting on eid is Haram, So, how come his birthdate is Eid? This clearly show that Prophet also had not consider this day as Eid.
ALLAH knows the best............

"Our life is three'E',yesterday was experience, today is experiment, tomorrow is expectation.....

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:41 PM (#6) User is offline   H@ydR 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

View Postfollowerof.mohammad, on 20 February 2013 - 05:22 PM, said:

Have anyone noticed, that fasting on eid is Haram, So, how come his birthdate is Eid? This clearly show that Prophet also had not consider this day as Eid.
ALLAH knows the best............

You look into the most insignificant of things, the reason our Master (saw) fasted is because it is a happy occasional (Eid is a celebration for a joyous event) but he never commanded the Muslims to fast on that day unlike forbidding the fasting on the two eids.

Was there any specific quranic verse allowing the celebration of the two eids? you have not answered the question?

As a Muslim, it is necessary to celebrate every joyous event in the life of Hazrat Mustafa (saw) including the day when he received the revelation, the day he was arrived in Madeena and on the last pilgrimage. We should also morn the lost of his grandson Imam Husayn (as) and his Ahle Bayt the same manner he cried and mourned for them.

“Prophet (s) said: ‘When I went on Miraj I saw on the Pillars of Arsh an inscription, which I read and understood as “There is No God but Allah, Muhamad is the Messenger of Allah, I have supported him with Ali ”’.

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:49 PM (#7) User is offline   followerof.mohammad 

• New Moon
  • Pip
  • LocationAbu Dhabi,UAE

You get it wrong, I have mention in my earlier post that people do celebrate this day with different ways and its nothing wrong with it and celebrating this day is'nt a sin. Beloved Prophet did fast on this day not because he only born at this day, he became Messanger at this day,he recieved the first relevation at this day and as you all know that Our Beloved Prophet (pbuh) died on the same day. On that Anas ibn Malik (RA) said, "I have never witnessed a day better or brighter than that day on which the Messenger of Allah came to us; and I have never witnessed a more awful or darker day than that one on which the Messenger of Allâh died on."
Thats why it is not permissible to say this day an eid, There are only two eids.

Prophet Mohammad (pbuh) used to fast on Monday.

You qoute this hadith to say that this day is Eid but it is not. Since the Beloved Prophet did not declared it, who the hack we are in the world to consider it as Eid.

Was there any specific quranic verse allowing the celebration of the two eids? you have not answered the question?

The holy Quran also not speaks about celebrating this day. But we celebrate it in love of Prophet becoz the Imam-ul-Anbiya (sAw) born at this day. And for your awnser there are authentic hadiths to celebrate two eids and their is not a single hadith which directly speaks about the celebration of this day. Hope now you understand my point.

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:36 PM (#8) User is offline   Maher.Rashid 

• New Moon
  • Pip
  • LocationAmman, Jordan

Edit: Who do you think you are fooling? You were allowed to have open discussion but now i have banned your both accounts 'followerof.mohammad' and 'Maher.Rashid'. Go find yourself a Najdi forum to spew your hatred and ignorance.

This post has been edited by Desert-Sheikh: 12 March 2013 - 08:18 PM
Reason for edit: User banned for creating multiple accounts for purposes of trouble-making.

"ISLAM IS THE SOLUTION OF HUMANITY"!

Posted 26 September 2014 - 06:06 AM (#9) User is offline   khan jatt 

• New Moon
  • Pip

Is it allowed to fast on Mawlid-un-Nabi ?

Bearing in mind it is not permissible to fast on an Eid day, and that the Prophet (saw)used to fast on the Monday as it was the day he (saw) was born, therefore how can you declare Mawlid un Nabi as an eid day ?

Posted Image

View Postwarea, on 19 January 2012 - 07:58 AM, said:

Mawlid-un-Nabi is an Eid

Bismillah

From among the innovations and exaggerations of the salafi cult is the practice of deeming Muslim masses as evil misguided heretics because of their joyous and pious respect for the day the Prophet peace and blessings be upon him was born.

They say that there are only two Eids in Islam and anything else is a evil innovation being thrown into the hell fire. And they say that Islam is complete and quote the Quranic verse:
{ 'This day I have perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion.'} [al-Maa'idah 5:3]

Yet when we come to analyse these supposed proofs of theirs we find that it is on the contrary, a refutation of their very argument. For that day in which the Quranic verse they quote was revealed, was itself also taken as Eid in Islam. If we look into the tafsirs for the explanation of this Quranic verse, they all relate the following narrations:

What we see from this response to the question of Jews on taking this day as a celebration, is that, instead of giving a lecture about bidah or explaining that there are only 2 eids in Islam, the foremost, closest and learnt of the companions of the Prophet, Umar bin al Khattab radiallahu anhu and Ibn Abbas radiallahu anhu instead went onto prove that this day was indeed a celebration in Islam as it fell on the day of Arafah and on a Friday, both of which are considered holy days in Islam. (1)

The sunnah of the Prophet(pbuh) on the day of Arafah is to fast on this day. Hence we see that this was enough basis by the companion of the Prophet to understand this day as an eid and holding enough importance to counter the Jews.

Therefore the proof to hold Mawlid un Nabi as an eid similarly comes from the explicit confirmed sunnah of the Prophet to fast on Mondays of every month on account of it being the birthday of the Prophet peace and blessings be upon him.

Abu Qatada al-Ansari reported that Muhammad was asked about his fasting. He was asked about perpetual fasting, whereupon he said: He neither fasted nor did he break it, or he did not fast and he did not break it. He was then asked about fasting for two days and breaking one day. He (Muhammad) said: And who has strength enough to do it? He was asked about fasting for a day and breaking for two days, whereupon he said: May Allah bestow upon us strength to do it. He was then asked about fasting for a day and breaking on the other, whereupon he said: That is the fasting of my brother David. He was then asked about fasting on Monday, whereupon he said: It was the day on which I was born. on which I was commissioned with prophethood or revelation was sent to me, (and he further) said: Three days' fasting every month and of the whole of Ramadan every year is a perpetual fast. He was asked about fasting on the day of 'Arafa (9th of Dhu'I-Hijja), whereupon he said: It expiates the sins of the preceding year and the coming year. He was asked about fasting on the day of 'Ashura (10th of Muharram), whereupon he said: It expiates the sins of the preceding year. The Book of Fasting (Kitab Al-Sawm)[ Muslim :: Book 6 : Hadith 2603]

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, “The Prophet used to fast on the first nine days of Dhul-Hijjah and the day of Ashura, and three days each month, the first Monday of the month and two Thursdays.” [Abu Dawood, 2/462]

An-Nasaa'i (2417). Imaam Ahmad (26991) narrated that Hafsah (ra) said:"There are four actions that the Prophet did not leave: the fast of 'Aashoorah, the ten (days of Dhul Hijjah), three days from every month and two Rak'ah before al-Ghadaa".Abu Daawud (2437) narrated: "The Messenger of Allah would fast the nine days of Dhul Hijjah, the day of 'Aashoorah, three days from every month: the first Monday of the month and Thursday".

Therefore, the understanding of mawlid un nabi as an Eid is from the way of the foremost companions of Islam. Hence, the response to the salafists who want proof for mawlid un nabi as an eid is the same form of response Umar Radiallahu anhu and Ibn Abbas radiallahu anhu gave to the Jews : By Allah, it was on a Monday and the Prophet fasted on Mondays on account of his birthday.

Now if they say that only fasting is permitted and anything else is a evil bidah that takes muslims to dwell in the hell fire, we say that this ruling is your personal invention without any basis in Islam.

The Quran says:
Say: "In the bounty of God. And in His Mercy, in that "LET THEM REJOICE" : that is better than the (wealth) they hoard (10:58)
We have not sent you but as a “Mercy to the worlds” (21:107)

Therefore rejoicing in His mercy is a command of the Quran and considered as way better than the perto dollars the salafiyya hoard and the Quran confirms that the sending of the Prophet is a mercy. The birth of the Prophet peace and blessings be upon him is no doubt a sending of His mercy and moment to rejoice. The verse is a general verse and does not mention any specific format on how the "rejoicing" should be done. Therefore, all halal methods of rejoice is permitted and haram methods will be forbidden. Those who spread hatred of Muslims on account of the halal methods of rejoicing on mawlid un nabi are the real innovators introducing into the deen that which has no basis in it and making haram what Allah did not make haram.

And from among the falsehood invented is that it was the Shias who started the practice of mawlid. This falsehood is refuted by the practice of the Meccans as reported by Ibn Jubayr (540-614) in his Rihla ("Travels") states:

"This blessed place (the Birthplace Mosque of the Prophet) is opened, and all men enter it to derive blessing from it (mutabarrikin bih) on every Monday of the month of Rabi al-Awwal, for on that day and in that month was born the Prophet." (2)

--------------------------------------

1. To read more on the greatness of the day of Arafah in Islam, see:

http://www.jannah.or...ayofarafat.html

http://www.suhaibweb...st-dhul-hijjah/

2. For more on the house of mawlid, see:
http://mac.abc.se/ho...in_oldMekah.txt

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users