I remember getting chucked out of mosque when I was young. It was hilarious an I still remember it like it was yesterday it didn't do me any good because I still went back the next day as if nothing had happened and luckily aunty had forgotten too!! I dint even do anything wrong seriously... My family still doesnt know this happened
I dont think physically abusing a child would do any good to them because:
1. Its tearing them apart on the inside.
2. It is leading them towards going against Islam and everything the masjid stands for.
3. It is completely against the Sunnah of RasoolAllah (s.a.w) , when it is mentioned in Islam the worst abuse one can do is slightly tapping with the finger.
4. They wont want to learn unless it is someone who these children are actually scared of or respect as a person not someone who abuses them day in day out.
5. The child is so fragile and delicate like a flower who cannot do anything so bad that deserves a beating. They should be taught with tender loving care about the rights and wrongs not by physically beating them. If you do so its just turning them away not attracting them to Islam.
I also think some children have learning difficulties which affect them and these teachers dont realise this. They end up beating the child who cannot learn unless his/her need is attended to.
A class of 12-16 years old who know every trick in the book - some flower? Sis wafari, i like your post because it's reads so innocent lol reminded me of my favorite youtube vid - ENJOY