• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

State Of Animals Before They Are Slaughtered

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:09 AM (#1) User is offline   Khadijak 

• New Moon
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Salam all,

I've always wondered about this - how does Islam approach the hala-ness of animals in relation to the way they are kept before slaughter? For example, battery farming of chickens or transporting animals in ship for weeks in horrible condition from one country to the other.

Thanks for your answers,
Khadija.
http://www.unsfinecrafts.com/products/
UNS: Treasures of the Soul
Posted Image

Posted 14 November 2011 - 05:14 PM (#2) User is offline   blogger 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View blog

duplicate

Posted 14 November 2011 - 05:15 PM (#3) User is offline   blogger 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View blog

That's a very valid point and I feel we don't give enough attention to the welfare and life of the animal before slaughter. Of course, there's always a premium to pay which most of us are unwilling to pay, we're always looking for the cheapest option. We choose to ignore or are unaware of the poor conditions the chickens live in, most of the time they remain in the same spot for the majority of their lives sitting on their own excrement and being fed through pipes, they hardly see daylight.

Intensive chicken farming surely is immoral and wrong, we are breeding animals denying them fresh air and light from the day they're born and slaughtering baby chickens at very young ages. We need to consume less and think more about what we are eating. I've heard our Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam consumed meat around once every forty days with a few exceptions in stark constrast to many of us today.

I have been searching for an unstunned organic halal meat but I don't think it exists. Programme below definitely opened my eyes:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options
  Or sign in with these services