Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Marks On The Forehead

Posted 18 August 2011 - 01:18 AM (#1) User is offline   Brother-in-Islam 

• New Moon
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

A.S. and Ramadhan Kareem to all at Yanabi.com.

Can someone explain why some muslim brothers have dark marks on their foreheads and what this represents?

If this is valid how can I achieve this?

Any help on the matter is appreciated

Thank you

Brother-in-Islam

Posted 18 August 2011 - 03:31 AM (#2) User is offline   Imran. 

• Full Moon
  • PipPipPipPipPip

View PostBrother-in-Islam, on 18 August 2011 - 01:18 AM, said:

Can someone explain why some muslim brothers have dark marks on their foreheads

By prostrating on a hard surface and possibly rubbing forehead whilst there.

and what this represents?

For most, it represents nothing but a bruised forehead.

how can I achieve this?

By doing above.

PS If any sunni group member cites it being a sign of piety then let me state that alot of tablighi jamaat have these marks on their foreheads too,probably bigger and darker than on the brelvi foreheads.

Posted 18 August 2011 - 09:31 AM (#3) User is offline   piara-madinah 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

many do namaz all life and never had that and few they only read few and got that black nishan , people think if they got that people will say oh this is a very naik man etc , even people read namaz on mats made by sticks to get that on there forehead or even put colour or surmha inside the skin etc .

few people got sheatani amals and got that on there forehead when you see there face you see the ist thing oh why you struggle tp put this on your face still showing you not naik man.

why brother you want that easy way put black mehndi ot go to the tatoo man and ask him make one.

if that appear by reading namaz on hard place then all villiigers will have because most musjid got wooden straw namaz mats but no that only comes if one work hard and pray on straws.

get that mat and do sujda 2 hours a day and see how long it take .

Posted 18 August 2011 - 01:49 PM (#4) User is offline   Brother-in-Islam 

• New Moon
  • Pip

In my area some brothers have this mark on their foreheads recently. I heard also that this is a symbol of people who pray alot yet I am not sure how they get the marks, hence my curiosity. My concern is that we as muslims should pray 5 times daily in UK and usually perform prayer on a carpet or some other soft surface. So thank you for the replys as they afirm my suspision that this is an act of self mutilation and NOT a symbol of a person who prays alot. Although, I would really appreciate it if any brother who has these marks on his forehead could prove me wrong.

Thank you

Brother in Islam

Posted 18 August 2011 - 05:59 PM (#5) User is offline   technocore 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip
  • View blog

Please do not be judgmental. It can be a mark of deception as well as mark of extreme prostration. In either case, it is no guarantee that the person bearing it is a pious man. One's concentration should be on his/her actions, rather than signs.
- The most favorable friend to me is that who shows me my flaws -

Posted 18 August 2011 - 11:26 PM (#6) User is offline   Brother-in-Islam 

• New Moon
  • Pip

I am just highlighting the fact that where I live there is begining a trend to have the forehead marked and pepole who don't, just aint worth bothering with religious or not.

I stick with my point that this is self mutilation and has nothing to do with religion. Like you say I would look at peoples amaals rather than their looks.

Again if any brother can prove me wrong on this matter please let your opinion be known.

Brother in islam

Posted 24 August 2011 - 07:18 AM (#7) User is offline   Wasim. 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip
  • LocationIndia

Agar sajdah sahi se ki jaye to nishan Aane ke chances kam hote hain, jo log sajde mein mathe (forehead) par jor dete hain unko nishan jald aa jate hain aur jo naak ki haddi (bones) par jor dete hain unhe kam hi nishan padte hain.

"If you desire my life, I will sacrifice it. If you desire my wealth I will give it. But, there is one thing that I will never sacrifice, and that is, the love and reverence for the beloved, Sayyadina Rasool-Allah (Salla Allahu 'alayhi wa Sallam)." A'la Hadrat Shah Imam Ahmad Rida Khan (Rehmatullahi Alaih)

Posted 24 August 2011 - 08:10 AM (#8) User is offline   piara-madinah 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

wasim bhai lakin why people want that nishan most people use chitai and hard surface by purpose because they want nishan sahi triky say keren to kabhi nahe bunta ,khana kabah or musjid e nabi kay kitny imamon kay hay yeh nishan .

loog riya kaar hain jaan bojh ker bnaty hain taky logh un ko naik janeen.

why only a black dot why not all forehead.why they all got same shape.

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:18 AM (#9) User is offline   Wasim. 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip
  • LocationIndia

@Piyara Madinah

why people want that nishaan i don't know ? but there is possibility of riya showing off, you are right if we doing sajdah in correct way Kabhie Nishaan Nahi Padega TRY IT....
you know what, Bachpan Mein Hum frends Jaanbhujkar Chatai Par Forehead Ragadte The Taki Nishaan Pade....
"If you desire my life, I will sacrifice it. If you desire my wealth I will give it. But, there is one thing that I will never sacrifice, and that is, the love and reverence for the beloved, Sayyadina Rasool-Allah (Salla Allahu 'alayhi wa Sallam)." A'la Hadrat Shah Imam Ahmad Rida Khan (Rehmatullahi Alaih)

Posted 24 August 2011 - 06:27 PM (#10) User is offline   piara-madinah 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

I seen very old men and women who never miss namaz and no black nishan on there forehead, can anyone tell from which year that black nishan starts appearing in pakistan.

Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:29 PM (#11) User is offline   periperi 

• New Moon
  • Pip

My freind once described his mate (whom he referred to as a shaitan in college days) as having got the black dabbha in a record one year when he attached himself to a particular jamaat.

My freind asked him the same question, and stating the fact that his Pir saab having prayed for the last 40 years neve got the mark how did he achive it in a year... between us we came to the conclusion that he must have a piece of carpet in his pocket which he dutifully rubs on his forehead !!
I must admit I once achieved that marked on MY forehead, I used this alchoholic Pore cleaner stuff to literally wipe it off... IT WORKED.... the mark is simply dust embedded in the skin..

on a serious note the foreheads of the pious actually shine WHITE...NO NEED TO HAVE THEM INTRODUCE THEIR PIETY ...the onlooker is humbled without doubt

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:01 PM (#12) User is offline   a_servant 

• New Moon
  • Pip

Every single one of you is shocking. Especially "Imran" sitting proudly puffed in his pride of 5058 posts on this Website. You speak without any Knowledge contained in your heart and you let your comments run free and wild because you take them lightly as they are not literally words coming off your tongues. Your comments are assumptions without Knowledge, and not explanations of Truth. I have seen many people with the black mark - from other Sects and devient groups (Shias, Wahabbis, etc), and I have also seen Sunni's with it too. I have also seen many blessed and pious, righteous Servants of Allah, Awliya, The Saints and the Scholars without the black mark. Yet none have the Knowledge regarding it except The Lord Almighty, Allah. It would have been better if all of you simply answered, "I am sorry brother, I have no knowledge regarding this matter." Or even better, not replied to this topic at all. Allah will have raised your ranks in nearness to him. But perhaps you will continue to enjoy this free place given to you to speak what you will, what you desire and whatever you want, without any feeling of accountability for it, that you will truly carry it to your grave. And it will be show to you on The Day of Judgement. Where will you look then?

Do you think you learn Islam and Purify yourself through the internet? Do you think this is how you gain Love and Nearness to Almighty Allah, and nearness to The Messenger, Prophet Muhammad (Salallaho alaihi wassallim)? If that is your understanding, you are seriously mistaken, and should ask your Spiritual Guides to push you harder to learn The Truth of the Religion and humble yourselves, crush your ego and stay silent in matters of which you have no Knowledge.

See this Divine Verse from The Glorious Qur'an below, from Surah Al Fath (Surah 48: Verse 29):

"Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah ; and those with him are forceful against the disbelievers, merciful among themselves. You see them bowing and prostrating [in prayer], seeking bounty from Allah and [His] Pleasure. Their mark is on their faces from the trace of Prostration. That is their description in the Torah. And their description in the Gospel is as a plant which produces its offshoots and strengthens them so they grow firm and stand upon their stalks, delighting the sowers - so that Allah may enrage by them the disbelievers. Allah has promised those who believe and do righteous deeds among them forgiveness and a great reward."

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:13 PM (#13) User is offline   raza89 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

Ahh the mark on for forehead. As a kid I would be told it was obtained by praying all 5 Salahs and the people who were capable of praying all 5 Salahs would obtain in. Then as I grew up I noticed a lot of people who were from different groups of Islam with it. Soon I noticed people who would barley pray with it. I was confused and thought nothing of it and actually left it.

When I was in Madinah with my friend (his first time there) in Masjid Nabawi. We were in Jannat Riaz where the date palm tree used to be. He finally got a chance to offer his 2 rakat Nafil there after Days of disappointment. Since there was always a line and he would never get to read there. Well this day he got a spot there and offered his nafil. Once he rose up I saw something on his forehead and I asked him what is that he didn't know what I was talking about and attempted to clean it off. Well when he went back to his room and we met later on it was still there. He noticed it and all we both could say was MashAllah. I should also add this guy had such a love for Madinah and I showed him my love for Soofa where we would sometimes dwell in ALL day long when given the chance over Jannat Riaz

After this I knew I would probably know what this mark means. I am sure there is something behind it but I am not sure if a lot of us are ready for it.
ALLAHU RABBU MOHAMMADIN SALLA ALEHI WA SALLAMA
NAHNU IBAADO MOHAMMADIN SALLA ALEHI WA SALLAMA

Ghaus-E-Azam mera Da'Ta

Ya Allah(Azwajalla)
Ya Nabi(Salla Hu Alahi Wa Salaam)
Ya Ali(R.A.)
Ya Ghaus-E-Azam(R.A.)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic