Spirit Of Islam: Children's Poems About Allah - Which Is The Best One? - Spirit Of Islam

Icon Important Announcement!

Like us on facebook!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Children's Poems About Allah - Which Is The Best One?

Posted 09 August 2011 - 08:36 AM (#1) User is offline   hasanali00 

• New Moon
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Some of the students attending the Leeds Islamic Summer Schoolhave written poems about Allah Almighty.

We are having a competition to see which one is the best poem.

Can you just take 2 minutes to read these 3 poems and give your vote for the one that you like.

Your vote and comments will give a lot of encouragement to the Muslim kids.

Click here to read the poems and vote

Posted 10 August 2011 - 04:55 AM (#2) User is offline   blogger 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View blog

View Posthasanali00, on 09 August 2011 - 08:36 AM, said:

Some of the students attending the Leeds Islamic Summer Schoolhave written poems about Allah Almighty.

We are having a competition to see which one is the best poem.

Can you just take 2 minutes to read these 3 poems and give your vote for the one that you like.

Your vote and comments will give a lot of encouragement to the Muslim kids.

Click here to read the poems and vote

I was reciting Ala Hazrat's Salaat-o-Salaam since I was in my teens, only 10 yrs later did I really start to appreciate the words.

Nice initiative, good to see children being engaged and actually pondering on what is being taught. Madrassa education for me was a case of reading a script and not going beyond this, discussion or analysis was non-existent. Reading something in Urdu but not fully understanding was sometimes a hindrance, bringing out the creativity of the kids and communicating in their mother tongue will only make them explore the religion even more keeping their interest alive which will no doubt become evident in their overall behaviour.

By the way poem 3 has my vote.

Posted 12 August 2011 - 10:40 AM (#3) User is offline   hasanali00 

• New Moon
  • Pip

View Postblogger, on 10 August 2011 - 04:55 AM, said:

I was reciting Ala Hazrat's Salaat-o-Salaam since I was in my teens, only 10 yrs later did I really start to appreciate the words.

Nice initiative, good to see children being engaged and actually pondering on what is being taught. Madrassa education for me was a case of reading a script and not going beyond this, discussion or analysis was non-existent. Reading something in Urdu but not fully understanding was sometimes a hindrance, bringing out the creativity of the kids and communicating in their mother tongue will only make them explore the religion even more keeping their interest alive which will no doubt become evident in their overall behaviour.

By the way poem 3 has my vote.

Thanks for expressing yourself. It gives us encouragement that we are doing the right stuff. wassalam

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options
  Or sign in with these services