Spirit Of Islam: Can Tablighi Jamaat And Dawat Islami Work Together? - Spirit Of Islam

Icon Important Announcement!

Like us on facebook!

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Can Tablighi Jamaat And Dawat Islami Work Together?

Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:04 AM (#1) User is offline   PrioritySunnah 

• New Moon
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Assalamu alaykum,

Can the 2 groups get along with each overlooking their differences, and work together for the betterment of Islam and Muslims, as their methods are similar?

If both groups ended up one day in the same masjid, will they get along each other, help one another in their efforts and be willing to pray behind each other?

I'm pretty certain the tablighis can, as many tableeghis have no issue praying behind barelvis, but can dawat islami and barelvis in general do the same?

What is the chance of some sort of unity between these 2 groups.

Posted 25 July 2011 - 11:13 AM (#2) User is offline   Fatema-the-resplendent 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • Group: Moderators

Who cares? they certainly don't care for unity, they are more interested in making a name for themselves; any religious group which does not speak of unity exists for selfish purposes.

Ek insaan ko khud his mukhlis hona chahiye apne deen ke saath, ziyada ter yeh groups inteha pasandi pehlatey hain and tang nazri.

Allama Iqbal Says 'Ki Mohammed se wafa tonay to hum tere hain, yeh jahan cheez hai kya loho kalam tere hain'

For me atleast if one has this motto in Religion a person can't go wrong. One does not NEED to belong to any group.
Lutf-e-mai tujh se kya kahu’n zahid
Haae kambakht tu ne pi hi nahi’n
-Daagh Dehlvi

Posted 25 July 2011 - 11:39 AM (#3) User is offline   Mudassar-Rana 

• Full Moon
  • PipPipPipPipPip

View PostPrioritySunnah, on 25 July 2011 - 10:04 AM, said:

Assalamu alaykum,

Can the 2 groups get along with each overlooking their differences, and work together for the betterment of Islam and Muslims, as their methods are similar?

If both groups ended up one day in the same masjid, will they get along each other, help one another in their efforts and be willing to pray behind each other?

I'm pretty certain the tablighis can, as many tableeghis have no issue praying behind barelvis, but can dawat islami and barelvis in general do the same?

There is little difference both are social change groups working in essence in promotion of basic rituals. However it would require visionary and strong leadership on both sides to ensure this happens. Imagine all the money that would be saved by sharing duvets!
my brothers are those who will believe in me, without having seen me.” [Ahmad, Musnad]

Jaag Muslmaan Jaag Muslmaan ... kitna naacho gai ghairon ki dhun par?Jis ummat mein rab ne sher paida kiye aaj wohi gheedar ka libaas apna muqaddar samjh bethi

Posted 25 July 2011 - 12:09 PM (#4) User is online   The-Mughal-Sister 

• Full Moon
  • View blog

Once upon a time in a land far far away, all the Muslims had one Islamic channels thus saving a lot of money and giving that to the poor.

They would all pray together in one mosque saving money on building another and giving money to the poor.

They would have one conference annually and naath appreciation hence saving money and giving money to the poor.

I think you get the gist of it, look at your hand spread is out it's just a hand can't hurt much if you hit someone it's just a slap, but bring your hand together form a fist and you can knock Israel's block off.

Why have we become weak fingers rather than a intimidating fist?

PS Sister Fatema, would you stop posting excellent rating posts, I'll have to ban you, I do have the authority now! ;)

This post has been edited by The-Mughal-Sister: 25 July 2011 - 12:13 PM

“Your knowledge must improve your heart, and purge your ego.”

Imam Ghazzali RA

Posted 25 July 2011 - 12:45 PM (#5) User is offline   Khalid_the_Warrior 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View blog

View PostMudassar-Rana, on 25 July 2011 - 11:39 AM, said:

There is little difference both are social change groups working in essence in promotion of basic rituals. However it would require visionary and strong leadership on both sides to ensure this happens. Imagine all the money that would be saved by sharing duvets!

In essence I think both group are doing an admirable work. Teaching and reminding the basics of deen is very central to our deen. Sometime we get side-tracked and preoccupied by things and forget the basics of deen. I know people who love to debate on the sectarian issues be it shia,salfi or deobandi but when it comes to how to perform ghusal,how to do wudu, how to pray namaz,how to calculate zakat, they dont even know these basics.

Just goes to show how Incorrect our priorites are!

Repentance is a strange mount -
it jumps towards heaven in a single moment from the lowest place

Posted 25 July 2011 - 03:33 PM (#6) User is offline   PrioritySunnah 

• New Moon
  • Pip

So are there any dawat e islami brothers here who are ready to declare that they would be willing to work alongside tableeghis? Does anyone know what the actual stance of Maulana Ilyas qadri is on the tablighi jamaat?

Posted 25 July 2011 - 06:14 PM (#7) User is offline   Anonymous0514 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

No Sunni should work with the tablighees until they disown all the statements of kufr written and published by their Molvis who they hold in high regard - which they will never do.

TJ is the first step of the ladder to full blown deobandism/wahhabism and anyone who says they are doing good work etc simply has no idea what goes on once you've been in their 'jamaat' reguarly.
iaa

Posted 25 July 2011 - 07:41 PM (#8) User is offline   piara-madinah 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

The bralves dont class tableghi,s good muslims and they dont pray behind there imams so they will never agree , but think for a moment in makkah and madina one imam so when we can all read namaz behind him in Allah,s house whatever we are tableghi or bralvee why cant we read namaz together in normal lives but bralvees try to do there own jamaat in makka and madinah so cant possible brother in normal life.

DI people do there jamats in makka and madinah they dont read behind the Imam so that is your dream that they will read namaz together but again possible for the new generations because they want them called ahlesunnat no bralvee no tableghi.

question came in my mind do they use same graveyards or bralvee dont bury there dead in tableghi graveyards .

Posted 25 July 2011 - 07:56 PM (#9) User is offline   Qadri-Jilani 

• Full Moon
  • Group: Administrators

The kufr issue of deobandi elders is one matter but there are many other matters concerning the Tablighi Jamat and how they operate.

Both groups being involved in active tableegh does not mean anything. The roots of both are completely different.

In one sentence: It's inconceivable.

I think a better question is "can Dawat-e-Islami and Sunni Dawat-e-Islami work together?" ...try it.

Maslak-e-Ahl-e-Sunnat

jarahat al-sinani laha'l-tiyamu ma yaltamu jarahat al-lisani
ei biradar chu 'aqibat khakast, khaak shawesh az ankei khaak shawee
apni millat par qiyas aqwam-e-maghrib sei na kar, khas hei tarkeeb mein qawm-e-Rasool-e-Hashmi

Posted 25 July 2011 - 08:01 PM (#10) User is offline   BrotherFromAnotherMother 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

no

Posted 25 July 2011 - 08:39 PM (#11) User is offline   piara-madinah 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

View PostQadri-Jilani, on 25 July 2011 - 07:56 PM, said:

The kufr issue of deobandi elders is one matter but there are many other matters concerning the Tablighi Jamat and how they operate.

Both groups being involved in active tableegh does not mean anything. The roots of both are completely different.

I think a better question is "can Dawat-e-Islami and Sunni Dawat-e-Islami work together?" ...try it.

Di and sdi no they dont , SDi given them name sunni dawat e islami means they call there jamat doing sunni tablegh and others not so how can they work with other jamats they dont call others sunni bralve.

Posted 25 July 2011 - 08:56 PM (#12) User is offline   One-True-Saracen 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

This talk of unity is healthy in itself; though it may sound Krazy (with a capital K), the only ones to repel this talk are the one's who have a personal agenda.

Our religion is Islam not Brelviasm or Deobandism!!!
"No reward do I ask of you for it: my reward is only from the Lord of the Worlds"

Posted 25 July 2011 - 09:23 PM (#13) User is offline   Gangohi-Ka-Dushman 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Member

View PostBrotherFromAnotherMother, on 25 July 2011 - 08:01 PM, said:

no

Agree!

When our Holy Prophet (Sal ALLAHU Alihi Wa Alihi Wasalam) told us about it that there will be 73 sects, 72 sects will go to jahanum and the last one 73th will go to jannah.

So wheres the uniity? :o

Ya Ali Madad

Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:14 PM (#14) User is offline   piara-madinah 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

View PostSuper-Sunni, on 25 July 2011 - 08:56 PM, said:

This talk of unity is healthy in itself; though it may sound Krazy (with a capital K), the only ones to repel this talk are the one's who have a personal agenda.

Our religion is Islam not Brelviasm or Deobandism!!!

very true

personal agenda and personal pocket .

Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:17 PM (#15) User is offline   piara-madinah 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

View PostGangohi-Ka-Dushman, on 25 July 2011 - 09:23 PM, said:

Agree!

When our Holy Prophet (Sal ALLAHU Alihi Wa Alihi Wasalam) told us about it that there will be 73 sects, 72 sects will go to jahanum and the last one 73th will go to jannah.

So wheres the uniity? :o

Ya Ali Madad

can you give quran reference about 73 sects to upgrade our knowledge.

Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:30 PM (#16) User is offline   Mudassar-Rana 

• Full Moon
  • PipPipPipPipPip

View Postpiara-madinah, on 25 July 2011 - 10:17 PM, said:

can you give quran reference about 73 sects to upgrade our knowledge.

It would help if we understood that it means 73 sects and not 73 maslaks! There are probably 7300 maslaks! deobandi, tableeghi, brelvi are not sects they are maslaks. Qadiani, nation of islam are sects and thus out of the fold of islam and destined for hell.
my brothers are those who will believe in me, without having seen me.” [Ahmad, Musnad]

Jaag Muslmaan Jaag Muslmaan ... kitna naacho gai ghairon ki dhun par?Jis ummat mein rab ne sher paida kiye aaj wohi gheedar ka libaas apna muqaddar samjh bethi

Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:38 PM (#17) User is offline   Khalid_the_Warrior 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View blog

View PostQadri-Jilani, on 25 July 2011 - 07:56 PM, said:

No, I suppose. If they could, Sunni DI would never have come to existence. How can we expect unity when the purpose of seperating from the core jamat is based on differences.
Repentance is a strange mount -
it jumps towards heaven in a single moment from the lowest place

Posted 25 July 2011 - 11:01 PM (#18) User is online   The-Mughal-Sister 

• Full Moon
  • View blog

View PostMudassar-Rana, on 25 July 2011 - 10:30 PM, said:

It would help if we understood that it means 73 sects and not 73 maslaks! There are probably 7300 maslaks! deobandi, tableeghi, brelvi are not sects they are maslaks. Qadiani, nation of islam are sects and thus out of the fold of islam and destined for hell.

So true!

Rana Saab, bach ke rehna, I'll have to ban you too for making me laugh! :D

This post has been edited by The-Mughal-Sister: 25 July 2011 - 11:03 PM

“Your knowledge must improve your heart, and purge your ego.”

Imam Ghazzali RA

Posted 25 July 2011 - 11:13 PM (#19) User is offline   AUUA-Youth 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

View PostPrioritySunnah, on 25 July 2011 - 10:04 AM, said:

Assalamu alaykum,

I was once asked by a sunni brother that some deobandi brothers asked him why we dont pray behind them when they are willing to pray behind us, so i said to him,

How after accusing of us shirk and bidah can they still stand behind us in prayers?

i mean how much of you guys are willing to pray behind someone you accuse of commiting shirk, how is your namaz accepted when you have doubt in the iman of the imam :huh:

As for working together, ofcourse nothing is impossile if Allah wills, but i think the questioner has a very good idea of the answer.
Rok leti hain aap ki nisbat, teer jitne bhi ham pe chalte hain

http://www.almarkaz.org.uk

Posted 25 July 2011 - 11:20 PM (#20) User is offline   Imran. 

• Full Moon
  • PipPipPipPipPip

If they ever decide to actually give it a go,can i humbly request they still not knock on my door. Thanks!

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options
  Or sign in with these services