Spirit Of Islam: Mut'ah: The Truth Behind Iran's Illegal Prostitution Rings - Spirit Of Islam

Icon Important Announcement!

Like us on facebook!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mut'ah: The Truth Behind Iran's Illegal Prostitution Rings

Posted 07 June 2011 - 09:42 PM (#1) User is offline   Khalid_the_Warrior 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Members

I want to share this documentory that gives us a disturbing insight into the reality of Iran's Mut'ah (prostitution) rings. It follow the stories of two Irani women who have fallen victim to the vicious cycle of living life as a Mut'ah prostitute.This really made me feel sick, how can we allow these things. I however take it with pinch of salt because it was made by western but we all know Mu'ta is practiced in Iran.

In such a society where they teach women to rely on men for everything, when those men happen to be drug addict or losers, the women find herself with kids to look for and no education neither chances.

It is not a matter of religion, it is a convergence of facts and it is the same over the world.

Except in Iran there are, compared to Canada or U.K, not the same wealth, neither public institutions. Unfortunately, when the government is uncapable, he throws it on religion.

This film was very hard hitting, it makes you think that as western women we moan about things that dose not really matter like are hipe being to big, looking older then are years and so many other trivial things, when we seen videos like this were women can not walk outside there back gates with out fear ,who can not speak with out freedome.

Terrible ,freedome to all women every were, not to be better then man but for us all to be the same in this life.

Mut'ah was originally a practice done as temporary marriage. This was commonly found throughout the Arabian peninsula during what is called Jahaliyyah, or pre-Islamic times. After Islam came and the Prophet Muhammad (saw) began teaching the religion of Allah, he did not immediately outlaw Mut'ah as you will find many different early accounts in which Mut'ah was still permissible. However once the people were ready and their faith had grown, the Prophet (saw) outlawed Mut'ah for the Muslims along with such practices as drinking of alcohol.

As it was said on the authroity of the Prophet (saw):

O people, I had permitted you Mutah before, [but now] whoever of you has any part in it currently must part with her, and do not take back anything which you may have given them, as Allah Exalted and Majestic has forbidden it until the day of resurrection. [Muslim, Abu Dawood, Ibn Majah, Nasa`i, and Darimi]

And as it is reported on the Authority of Imam Ali (ra):

The Messenger of Allah had forbidden Mutah on the day of Khaybar and had forbidden the eating of the meat of domestic camels. [Bukhari, Muslim, Tirmizy, Ibn Majah, Nasa`i, Tahawy, Shafii, Bayhaqy, and Hazimy]

Today Mut'ah has been revived, but in a form which is vile and unjust. It resembles more of modern day prostitution in which a man can pay to be with a woman for as much as 15 minutes, 15 days, 15 weeks, 15 months, or 15 years...whatever it is that he prefers.

In Iran the Shia Regime has allowed this practice and is even encouraged by the Shia religious leaders. After the revolution in Iran, the amount of Mut'ah practices rose over 600%. Women are smuggled all around the world from Iran, to Iraq, to Turkey, to Pakistan, to Afghanistan, and in some cases even to Europe.

Women are often kidnapped or tricked into becoming Mut'ah prostitutes at a very young age and some families even force their daughters to perform the practice in order to earn an extra income.

The Shia hadith (teachings & sayings) proclaim heretical statements of disbelief when speaking on the subject of Mut'ah. As it says in the Shia hadith:

One who engages in Mutah once in his lifetime reaches the status of Imam Al-Hussain. One who engages in it twice becomes equal in status to Imam Al-Hasan. The one who performs it three times reaches the position of Imam Ali. And he who practices it four times acquires the level and position of the Prophet Muhammad. (Furoo al-Kafi)

First Part:

You can follow the rest on youtube.......

Repentance is a strange mount -
it jumps towards heaven in a single moment from the lowest place

Posted 07 June 2011 - 09:56 PM (#2) User is offline   Mudassar-Rana 

• Full Moon
  • PipPipPipPipPip

It is a tough one br KTW - it is the oldest profession and will manifest itself in all societies whether there is religious sanction or not. We also have to bear in mind the demographics of iran where after the iraq war the male population was a lot lower. There isnt really a country in the world where it doesnt happen. Yes its a sad state of affairs and women will many of the times be exploited and be left to fend for themselves and any illegally born children.

The problem with iran is that it isnt really an ideologically islamic state but a theocratic one - where clerics with little understanding of how to run the affairs of a state interfere with laws made of the cuff as opposed to from text. Hence hypocrisy does creep in and a state ends up neither islamic nor secular but a mish mash and thus those who sale on two ships never reach the shore.
my brothers are those who will believe in me, without having seen me.” [Ahmad, Musnad]

Jaag Muslmaan Jaag Muslmaan ... kitna naacho gai ghairon ki dhun par?Jis ummat mein rab ne sher paida kiye aaj wohi gheedar ka libaas apna muqaddar samjh bethi

Posted 07 June 2011 - 09:57 PM (#3) User is offline   The-Mughal-Sister 

• Full Moon
  • View blog
  • Group: Moderators

I watched this documentary in full when it came on More Four. It speaks for itself, and so does the featured women.

The fact that American Television Networks are broadcasting them in there media war on Iran is no real surprise, no country is perfect, America has it's own ugly reality!

The Mut'ah has become a passport to deny a women her rights that a Nikah enforces, men make-up the rules, women must abide! Full stop.

“Your knowledge must improve your heart, and purge your ego.”

Imam Ghazzali RA

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:06 PM (#4) User is offline   Mudassar-Rana 

• Full Moon
  • PipPipPipPipPip

View PostThe-Mughal-Sister, on 07 June 2011 - 09:57 PM, said:

I watched this documentary in full when it came on More Four. It speaks for itself, and so does the featured women.

The fact that American Television Networks are broadcasting them in there media war on Iran is no real surprise, no country is perfect, America has it's own ugly reality!

The Mut'ah has become a passport to deny a women her rights that a Nikah enforces, men make-up the rules, women must abide! Full stop.

yer right sis - even though there maybe truth in it - the way it will be portrayed is an anti iran thing - the arabs will love it! Though even they practice their salafi form of mutah!!
my brothers are those who will believe in me, without having seen me.” [Ahmad, Musnad]

Jaag Muslmaan Jaag Muslmaan ... kitna naacho gai ghairon ki dhun par?Jis ummat mein rab ne sher paida kiye aaj wohi gheedar ka libaas apna muqaddar samjh bethi

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:31 PM (#5) User is offline   Khalid_the_Warrior 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View blog

View PostMudassar-Rana, on 07 June 2011 - 10:06 PM, said:

yer right sis - even though there maybe truth in it - the way it will be portrayed is an anti iran thing - the arabs will love it! Though even they practice their salafi form of mutah!!

Bro I agree with you but why exploit religion to cover your short fallings. When as a state you can not protect the dignity of the women than why blame the religion. Why religion has become a tool for religious choudries to legalise their dirty business.

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:39 PM (#6) User is offline   Khalid_the_Warrior 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View blog

View PostThe-Mughal-Sister, on 07 June 2011 - 09:57 PM, said:

I agree and say again that it is not a matter of religion, it is a convergence of facts and it is the same over the world.

Except in Iran there are, compared to Canada or U.K, not the same wealth, neither public institutions. Unfortunately, when the government is uncapable, he throws it on religion.

Posted 08 June 2011 - 12:04 AM (#7) User is offline   Desert-Sheikh 

• Administrator
  • View blog
  • Group: Administrators

View PostKhalid_the_Warrior, on 07 June 2011 - 10:31 PM, said:

Bro I agree with you but why exploit religion to cover your short fallings. When as a state you can not protect the dignity of the women than why blame the religion. Why religion has become a tool for religious choudries to legalise their dirty business.

Brother KTW,

They have made it their "religion". They not only legitimate it but make it a very sacred ritual "Muslim man should only do Muta'h with a pious virgin woman, who follows the shari'a in her activities".

I read a book few years ago but i don't remember the name (i think tauzih-ul-masail) written by Aayt-ullah Sistani Iraqi (the highest religious authority of Shia). While reading Muta'ah chapter, i felt like i was reading sexual-syllabus for junior-gangsters by some Italian Don.

BTW, it's not only a Shia thing, nowadays Saudi Wahabis have gone too far into this industry.
Administrator
YaNabi Team

-What is it to make you wonder, if I roam the desert waste?
Not all those who wander are lost!

Posted 08 June 2011 - 12:12 AM (#8) User is offline   Mudassar-Rana 

• Full Moon
  • PipPipPipPipPip

BTW, it's not only a Shia thing, nowadays Saudi Wahabis have gone too far into this industry.
[/quote]

Thats my point - it isnt really to do with religion - who wouldnt want a legal way of fulfilling desires without having to give the rights? Because rights mean handing over credit cards, houses, more than one mother in law etc! So people will use religion or in the west notions of freedom and self expression to justify anything.

The shia do it the house of saud has done it ever since black gold was discovered and now the salafi's justify their masters crimes with religious edicts! Wht do you think the arab sheikhs have their private palaces in pakistan for - sorry its not for hunting!

A crook has no deen iman and you will find them in all groups, maslaks, religions, secular and non. Its just life - it is the battle of Adam a.s v shaitan and it will continue till allah ta'ala asks mikael a.s to blow his trumpet.

Posted 08 June 2011 - 01:45 PM (#9) User is offline   Brother_MGS 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip

View PostKhalid_the_Warrior, on 07 June 2011 - 09:42 PM, said:

One who engages in Mutah once in his lifetime reaches the status of Imam Al-Hussain. One who engages in it twice becomes equal in status to Imam Al-Hasan. The one who performs it three times reaches the position of Imam Ali. And he who practices it four times acquires the level and position of the Prophet Muhammad. (Furoo al-Kafi)

People who use Islam to fill their own pockets and desires are in my opinion the scum of the earth. Who corrupt what Islam stands for to carry out their pervy, disgusting habits.

Although America showed it as part of its brainwashing strategy to promote the notion that America is the good cop of the world. Justify the notion that America invades countries to 'liberate them'. Because America and the west have been allowed to show that their civilisations are the best in the world while this Ummah has become selfish in its own pursuits!.

Going back to the point ive highlighted, These people cant even come close to the dust on Imam Hussain and Imam Hasan's sandals. Their not even worth the ground Moula Ali Sher-e-Khuda stepped on. In my eyes these people arent even worth entering Madinah let alone mentioning the name of Allah's best and most loved creation Muhammad-e-Mustapha(SAW).

The only thing that comes to a sleeping man is dreams- Tupac Shakur

Posted 08 June 2011 - 01:59 PM (#10) User is offline   Khalid_the_Warrior 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View blog

View PostDesert-Sheikh, on 08 June 2011 - 12:04 AM, said:

Let's see what the wahabi's say about this and you won't be surprised to hear their reasons for allowing such marriages. Let’s see first see how they define it....

Misyaar marriage (Mau'ta?) is where a man does a sharai marriage contract with a woman, meeting the conditions of marriage, but the woman gives up some of her rights such as accommodation, maintenance or the husband staying overnight with her.

So basically it’s a compromise, wife gives up some of her rights e.g. accommodation, love and care from husband etc and husband gives up some of his rights e.g. accommodation, love and care for her wife etc. Make sense, doesn't it.

And now see the reasons that have led to the emergence of this kind of marriage are many, such as:

1. Increase in the number of single women who are unable to get married, because young men are put off marriage due to the high cost of dowries and the costs of marriage, or because there is a high divorce rate. In such circumstances, some women will agree to be a second or third wife and to give up some of their rights.

2. Some women need to stay in their family home, either because they are the only care-givers for family members, or because the woman has a handicap and her family do not want the husband to be burdened with something he cannot bear, and he stays in touch with her without having to put too great a burden on himself, or because she has children and cannot move with them to her husband house, and other reasons.

3. Some married men want to keep some women chaste because they need that, or because they need variety and halaal pleasure, without that affecting the first wife and her children.
4. In some cases a husband may want to conceal his second marriage from his first wife, for fear of the consequences that may result and affect their relationship.
5. The man travels often to a certain place and stays there for lengthy periods. Undoubtedly staying there with a wife is safer for him than not doing so.

These are the most prominent reasons for the emergence of this kind of marriage and It’s all make sense!!!!!!!

It’s funny how the try to legalise their dirty desires......

Posted 08 June 2011 - 02:08 PM (#11) User is offline   Brother_MGS 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip

Trying to justify having an affair by adding an 'Islamic' twist to it!!!. 'Legalising' sexual pleasure and cheating on your partner. Paying a Mufti to make up his own law within Islam and then issueing a fatwa allowing 'Islamic' affairs probably makes the people involved feel they are not sinning.

The sad aspect of this is alot women are being lured into it, sacrificing the little rights they do have. The ones who go through with it for their own desires I suppose value the desire for sexual relationships more than Izzat.

To be honest, half of the Wahabbi ideology is proving the Ahle Sunnat is all bidah and the other half handpicking on what to believe and adding their own procedures.

The only thing that comes to a sleeping man is dreams- Tupac Shakur

Posted 08 June 2011 - 02:23 PM (#12) User is offline   Know-the-Ledge 

• Full Moon
  • PipPipPipPipPip

As President of The Royal Society of Clipboard Muslims, I have drawn the short straw in being the one who has to ask this question. We have printed a new tick-list sheet to cover the matter of mu'tah in Islam. Our ticket list is in requirement of a binary answer.

can we do it or not? Yes or No
(please advise, need answer by weekend)

I.Will.Back

Posted 08 June 2011 - 02:27 PM (#13) User is offline   Khalid_the_Warrior 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View blog

View PostKnow-the-Ledge, on 08 June 2011 - 02:23 PM, said:

As President of The Royal Society of Clipboard Muslims, I have drawn the short straw in being the one who has to ask this question. We have printed a new tick-list sheet to cover the matter of mu'tah in Islam. Our ticket list is in requirement of a binary answer.

can we do it or not? Yes or No
(please advise, need answer by weekend)

Depends who you are and how deep is your pocket????

Posted 18 August 2011 - 05:28 PM (#14) User is offline   technocore 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip
  • View blog

It to be kindly noted, that the first person to put divine validity on the act of Muta (Temporary Marriage) or what todays sunni brothers so boldly call "prostitution" was Rasool Allah (swat). So regardless of it being made haram afterwards, comparing Muta to Prostitution labels Prophet (saw) of islam as the first advocate of the profession of prostitution (Naudbillah) - therefore, kindly refrain from your personal opinions on the matter.

Secondly, permissibility or annulment, of Muta marriage is a matter of Fiqh difference between Sunnis/Shias, therefore, should be treated as such (our 4 sunni imams had many fiqhi differences where on deems something halaal and other haram).

It is also to be noted that Muta was outlawed as haram after a certain time by many Sahaba (ra) by hadeeth of Prophet (saaw) but there were some Sahaba (ra) who still considered it permissible after the death of the Prophet (saw) although informed of this hadith. So each sect in their own fiqh is actually following the opinion of a companion of the Prophet (saaw).

http://en.wikipedia...._after_Muhammad
http://en.wikipedia....yr_and_Mut%27ah

Fath al-Bari, Volume 9 p. 74 Dhikr Mut'ah: (by: Ibn Hajr Asqalani)
Those Sahaba of Ibn Abbas from Makka and Mina, remained firm on the position that Mut'ah was Mubah (permissible), and Ibn Hazm said, those that deemed Mut'ah halaal after Rasulullah(s) and remained firm in this position, included Ibn Masud, Mu'awiya, Abu Saeed, Salma wa Majid, Umayya's son, Jabeer and Umar bin Harith, Jabir cited the practise of Mut'ah by the Sahaba during the reign of Abu Bakr and Umar, amongst the Tabieen the jurists of Makkah and Taus and Saeed bin Jabayr and Ata deemed Mut'ah halaal. Those Tabieen that Ibn Hazm quoted on the lawfulness of Mut'ah, carried a Sahih chain, according to ‘Abd ar-Razzaq as-San‘ani

Muhammad ash-Shawkani, a 19th century Sunni Islamic scholar writes:
Those Sahaba who deemed Mut'ah halaal after Rasulullah(s) were Asma binte Abu Bakr, Jabir bin Abdullah, Abdullah bin Masud, Abdullah bin Abbas, Mu'awiyah, Umro bin Harith, Abu Saeed and Salma binte Umayya. Amongst the Taabi'een who deemed Mut'ah to be Halal were al Taus, Ata and Saed Bin Jabeer.[11]

Sunni Muslims deem Nikah Mut'ah to have been abrogated (Arabic: Naskh) by teachings of Muhammad(saaw), while Shi'a Muslims disagree. Hence, according to Shi'a jurisprudence, it is a presently legal marriage form.

Quranic origin

Shia Muslims believe that this institution was established by God through the Islamic prophet Muhammad in the Qur'an. Its single mention in the Qur'an is verse 4:24. Tafsir:
?
"Then give those of these women you have enjoyed the agreed dower" was revealed on the subject of the mut‘ah marriage."

Shia Muslims have "consensus" (ijma) on interpretation of the following verse in the Quran.
And all married women (are forbidden unto you) save those (captives) whom your right hands possess. It is a decree of Allah for you. Lawful unto you are all beyond those mentioned, so that ye seek them with your wealth in honest wedlock, not debauchery. And those of whom ye seek content (by marrying them), give unto them their portions as a duty. And there is no sin for you in what ye do by mutual agreement after the duty (hath been done). Lo! Allah is ever Knower, Wise.[Qur'an 4:24]

al-Tabari, in his Tafsir, writes under this verse a hadith from Mujahid: "The phrase "Then give those of these women you have enjoyed the agreed dower" means the temporary marriage."

Initial legality

Shi'a and Sunnis agree that Mut'ah was legal in the beginning. Ibn Kathir writes:
"There's no doubt that in the outset of Islam, Mut'ah was allowed under the Shari'ah". [1]
[edit]

Sunni viewpoint
Temporary Marriage was a custom of the pre-Islamic Arabs. It was used as a convenience shield, useful in the case where a man had to travel away from home for long periods of time, or was not able to commit fully to marriage.
Sunni Muslims believe prophet Muhammad forbade temporary marriage, re-allowed it briefly because the early followers found the abolition too difficult, and then permanently banned it.
The hadith, or prophetic statements and traditions, can be analyzed to fortify this position.

In the hadith collection of Tirmithy, Abdullah Ibn Abbas narrates:
"Temporary marriage was at the beginning of Islam. A man comes by a town where he has no acquaintances, so he marries for a fixed time depending on his stay in the town, the woman looks after his provisions and prepares his food, until the verse was revealed: 'Except to your wives or what your right hands possess.'"

Muhammad then forbade it, but during a military expedition, he was approached by some of the followers who said, "We were on an expedition with the Messenger of Allah and did not have our wives with us, so we asked Allah's Messenger, 'Should we not castrate ourselves? (The reason for this request was the desire to maintain their purity of mind and body, which was in danger of being affected by their unmet sexual needs. He forbade us to do so but permitted us to contract marriage with a woman up to a specified date, giving her a garment as a dower (mahr)."
[7] Sunnis believe that Muhammad made the prohibition on his return from the expedition to Tabuk, at the head of a large army:
"O people, I had permitted you to contract temporary marriage with women, but Allah has forbidden it (now) until the Day of Resurrection. So he who has any (woman with this type of marriage contract) he should let her off, and do not take back anything you have given to them (as dower)."
[8]
[edit]

The Qur'an argument
In verse 4:24 in the Qur'an, it states:
"(And also prohibited are) the women already bound in marriage, except the bondwomen you come to own. It is has been written by Allah for you. All except them have been permitted for you to seek (to marry) through your wealth, binding yourself, (in marriage) and not only for lust.

So, whoever of them you have benefited from, give them their due as obligated. And there is no sin on you in what you mutually consent to after the (initial) settlement. Surely, Allah is All-Knowing, All-Wise. (Surah an-Nisa, Ayat 24)"[citation needed]
? Sunnis argue that because it is stated in the verse that marriage should not take place only for lust, Mut'ah marriages should not be permitted since that is one of the purposes of the limited union.
? An important institution such as marriage should not be left up to the interpretation of a single word in the Qur'an, hence the hadith is valid for abrogating it.
? (Modern) Mut'ah marriages violate concepts of Islamic inheritance laws, which are stated in the Qur'an.
[edit]

The moral argument
? Sunnis believe that some of the objectives of marriage are: producing children, creating permanent rights and obligations, and setting up a family; none of which Sunnis believe is fulfilled in a Mut'ah union[9].
? Some Sunnis see Nikah Mut'ah as a form of prostitution, belittling the chastity of the wife.
? Since the husband is not required to support the wife, the limit of four wives is not taken into consideration or limitation, which Sunnis view as a violation of the rule.
[edit]

The historical argument
? Mut'ah was a pre-Islamic tradition of the Arabs, and as such, in the early days of Muhammad's prophetic career, it would have been a custom of the early Muslims. As drinking intoxicants was allowed, then allowed with limits, Mut'ah too was gradually allowed with limits from

Islamic legitimacy.
? Yusuf al-Qaradawi writes [2]:

The reason it was permitted in the beginning was that the Muslims were passing through what might be called a period of transition from jahiliyyah to Islam. Fornication was very common and widespread among the pre-Islamic Arabs. After the advent of Islam, when they were required to go on military expeditions, they were under great pressure as a result of being absent from their wives for long periods of time. Among the Believers were some who were strong in faith and others who were weak

? The above is echoed by Islamic Voice Magazine [3]
[edit]

Who abolished it?
? Sunni believe that Muhammad later abolished this type of marriage at several different large events, the most accepted being at Khaybar in 7 AH (629 CE) Bukhari 059.527 and at the Victory of Mecca in 8 AH (630 CE).
? Sunnis believe that Umar later was merely enforcing a prohibition that was established during Muhammad's time.
[edit]

Twelver Shi'a viewpoint
[edit]

The Quran argument
? Twelver Shi'a believe no hadith has the right to abrogate the Quran, so even if a seemingly authentic hadith was found that forbade something the Quran enjoins, Salat for example, the hadith would be ignored, since it is the first step in the Shia Hadith authentication process: If a hadith does not agree with the Quran, it is discarded without further inquiry.
[edit]

The moral argument
? Twelver Shi'a dismiss the view of Nikah Mut'ah being immoral since it can be used as a cover for prostitution as equally unfounded as Nikah being immoral since it can be used as a front for prostitution Arabian Sex Tourism by Daniel Pipes.
[edit]

The historical argument
? Shi'as believe that Mut'ah cannot be compared to drinking intoxicants, since that was never encouraged by Muhammad (bukhari 062.052), and even so, nothing in Islam have ever been "made halal, then haraam, then halal, then haraam forever" like how Nikah Mut'ah was supposedly done.
? Shi'as have written rebutals against Yusuf al-Qaradawi and Islamic Voice Magazine's historical arguments [4]
[edit]

Who abolished it?
Shi'a believe that Umar ibn al-Khattab abolished it, not the prophet of Islam.
? He did it during the third year of his reign, 15 ah (637 CE), 6 year after the revelation of verse 4:24, in the Hadith of Umar's speech of forbidding Mut'ah, but since he, according to them had no authority to do so, Umar's prohibition seems to be temporary and place specific, hence may be ignored (Muslim 2801 1, 2).

- The most favorable friend to me is that who shows me my flaws -

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options
  Or sign in with these services