Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Saying "ya Muhammad" At The Roza Paak

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:11 PM (#1) User is offline   haq4yaar 

• New Moon
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

I've heard saying "Ya Muhammad" at the Roza Paak of Rasoolullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Aalihi Wa Sallam) is disrepectful and is an act of a Gustakh. While I was at the Roza Paak, I didn't know what Du'a to make, and I overheard one of the Ahl-e-Hadith guards helping a man out with his Du'as, telling him to say "Jazakallah Ya Muhammad, Jazakallah Ya Abu Bakr, Jazkallah Ya Umar" and told him to quickly move down. Like an idiot, I repeated what he said, and now I've realised I may have made the biggest mistake of my life. I never intended to be disrepectful and I have asked for forgiveness sincerely. Does anyone know if I have to renew my faith or anything. I'm deeply worried...

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:33 PM (#2) User is offline   piara-madinah 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

The queastion is I dont think you are a child you must be an adult , have you never heard ya Muhammad before in your life or you never done any dua before and before going to madinah paak you didnt get any guidence or ask anybody what you will read there how you do dua there if someone dont know they always ask others.

and if you went without asking or without any prepration , then you not met people doing there duas there or saying ya Muhammad as you write as only one person you saw and so upset what you done by copying them.

how old are you brother and why you never read any books got duas in or how you never knew what is ya Muhammad means .you must be going for namaz to any musjid why you didnt ask the Imam there what you done good or bad why to the forum I think you want to make an issue that saying ya Muhammad is not allowed etc .

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:56 PM (#3) User is offline   haq4yaar 

• New Moon
  • Pip

View Postpiara-madinah, on 02 June 2011 - 05:33 PM, said:

The queastion is I dont think you are a child you must be an adult , have you never heard ya Muhammad before in your life or you never done any dua before and before going to madinah paak you didnt get any guidence or ask anybody what you will read there how you do dua there if someone dont know they always ask others.

and if you went without asking or without any prepration , then you not met people doing there duas there or saying ya Muhammad as you write as only one person you saw and so upset what you done by copying them.

how old are you brother and why you never read any books got duas in or how you never knew what is ya Muhammad means .you must be going for namaz to any musjid why you didnt ask the Imam there what you done good or bad why to the forum I think you want to make an issue that saying ya Muhammad is not allowed etc .

I'm 19 years old. It was my first visit to the Roza Paak and I didn't realise how difficult making a Du'a could be, that is when the incident took place. I did get some guidance after I found it difficult to make Du'a, but only recently someone told me that saying "Ya Muhammad" at the Roza Paak is disrespectful. InshaAllah I will ask the Imam of my Masjid on this matter, but I thought there may be people who may know whether forgiveness would be sufficient for this act, hence I started this post. I'm a Sunni and I wasn't making an issue, I know saying "Ya Muhammad" or "Ya Nabi" is allowed, but saying "Ya Muhammad" at the Roza Paak is disrespectful, saying "Ya Nabi" at the Roza Paak is permissible.

Posted 02 June 2011 - 09:17 PM (#4) User is offline   The-Fallen 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

View Posthaq4yaar, on 02 June 2011 - 05:56 PM, said:

I'm 19 years old. It was my first visit to the Roza Paak and I didn't realise how difficult making a Du'a could be, that is when the incident took place. I did get some guidance after I found it difficult to make Du'a, but only recently someone told me that saying "Ya Muhammad" at the Roza Paak is disrespectful. InshaAllah I will ask the Imam of my Masjid on this matter, but I thought there may be people who may know whether forgiveness would be sufficient for this act, hence I started this post. I'm a Sunni and I wasn't making an issue, I know saying "Ya Muhammad" or "Ya Nabi" is allowed, but saying "Ya Muhammad" at the Roza Paak is disrespectful, saying "Ya Nabi" at the Roza Paak is permissible.

Aslamoalaikum

Bro saying 'Ya Muhammad' SAW is disrespectful anywhere. You need to say 'Ya Rasool Allah' SAW instead. The reason is who are we to address the Best of creation by there name and not by their title?

How would you address your father? Would you call him by their name, eg.'Ya Tariq'? Is this showing respect to your father?

No, you would say ' Ya Abu jee' for example. You would address them with their title as it is showing respect.

So now I hope you understand when you address the Best of Creation, The Prophet SAW, you would and should use the title that ALLAH SWT has given to his prophet.

W'assalaam

Posted 02 June 2011 - 11:22 PM (#5) User is offline   Imran. 

• Full Moon
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Saying Ya Muhammed may be against the better adab of addressing the Prophet(Alayh Assalaam),but its certainly not ghustakhi,so dont worry too much over it.

Best to say Ya RasoolAllah instead.

PS you said nothing thats offensive during your experience at roza shareef.

Posted 02 June 2011 - 11:29 PM (#6) User is offline   haq4yaar 

• New Moon
  • Pip

Thanks Imran and The-Fallen for the feedback, I really appreciate it. I will certainly sleep better with this news, and I hope others can learn from this.

Posted 02 June 2011 - 11:48 PM (#7) User is offline   piara-madinah 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

Yanabi saw Ya rasool saw Nabi paak saw we can say but if we say ya Muhammad saw that is not disrespct only ya Muhammad is disrespct but only when one doing deliberately , in many daroods we say salat on ya nabi or in many we say salat on Muhammad so because we saying Muhammad with salat that is right so if we are at roza mubark yes with love respect we need to call all nabi paak saw's beautiful names but again Muhammad is the beuatiful of them all names if we say ya Muhammad saw that is not disrespct .
Better say assalato wasalam o alika ya nabi ya Muhammad saw Imamul mursaleen Rehamatulilalmeen .

always learn by heart little daroods and read them all or darood ibrahemi read again and again if you dont remember any other daroods.

Nabi paak saw listen us all if we say any words for dua or we dont say a word.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options
  Or sign in with these services