Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Debate - Is Islam a Religion of Peace?

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:09 PM (#1) User is offline   Moslem-Male 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

I found this debate on youtube, the reason i wanted to share this with you was because of the rebuttals given by the Muslim panel. I just wasn't convinced by there replies, it wasnt good enough. I wasnt at all surprised at the verdict at the end. Watch it all and tell me what you think.

The debate was between Majid Nawaz (Quilliam Foundation) and Zeba Khan vs Ayaan Hirsi Ali and Douglas Murray held in New York.

Here's the first part it has 7 in total.

Live Like Ali. Die Like Hussain. Allahumma salli ‘ala Sayyidina Muhammadin wa ‘ala Ahli Muhammadan wa Sahbihi wa sallim.

Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:14 AM (#2) User is offline   seeker 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

QUILLIAM!?  Is that the best they could find?! And I've never heard of Zeba Khan. If only they could get a real scholar of Islam, not this Majid Nawaz dude! Oh my days, no wonder it's not convincing!
PLEASE pray for me - just say Ameen!
OH ALLAH, GUIDE US

Posted 08 April 2011 - 01:20 AM (#3) User is online   Mudassar-Rana 

• Full Moon
  • PipPipPipPipPip

seeker (08.04.2011)
QUILLIAM!?  Is that the best they could find?! And I've never heard of Zeba Khan. If only they could get a real scholar of Islam, not this Majid Nawaz dude! Oh my days, no wonder it's not convincing!

what do you expect ? A real islamic scholar? Nominate one that is alive!
my brothers are those who will believe in me, without having seen me.” [Ahmad, Musnad]

Jaag Muslmaan Jaag Muslmaan ... kitna naacho gai ghairon ki dhun par?Jis ummat mein rab ne sher paida kiye aaj wohi gheedar ka libaas apna muqaddar samjh bethi

Posted 08 April 2011 - 04:00 AM (#4) User is offline   GunmetalGrey 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip

Mudassar Rana (08.04.2011)

seeker (08.04.2011)

Shaykh Haitham al-Haddad?
[b]Wa Salla Rabbunna fi kulli heenen, wa sallama bil gho dou wa bil asseli, ala Tahal Basheer bikulli Khairen, Khitamol Rasuli wal hadi - thalilili...[b]
And our lord prays (grants his blessings) at all times, and offers peace (salam) at sunset and sunrise, to the messenger who bought in good tidings, the seal of the prophets, the guide, the leader...

Posted 08 April 2011 - 06:27 AM (#5) User is offline   seeker 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

seeker (08.04.2011)

Bro I personally have about 6 Islamic teachers here in the UK and - while not all of them are fully-fledged "scholars" - they have at least spent years and years at the feet of scholars and at least have that authority to speak on Islam.
You do not get that authority from websites and going to a few HT gatherings!
PLEASE pray for me - just say Ameen!
OH ALLAH, GUIDE US

Posted 08 April 2011 - 02:39 PM (#6) User is offline   Moslem-Male 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip

seeker (08.04.2011)

when Nawaz was asked about The Prophet's (sallallahu alaihi wa alihi wa sallam) marriage to Aisha (ra) he replied I think it was a bad idea, what the...!!, a bad idea??, now thats a shocking reply!!
Live Like Ali. Die Like Hussain. Allahumma salli ‘ala Sayyidina Muhammadin wa ‘ala Ahli Muhammadan wa Sahbihi wa sallim.

Posted 08 April 2011 - 10:27 PM (#7) User is online   Mudassar-Rana 

• Full Moon
  • PipPipPipPipPip

seeker (08.04.2011)

seeker (08.04.2011)

Bro I personally have about 6 Islamic teachers here in the UK and - while not all of them are fully-fledged "scholars" - they have at least spent years and years at the feet of scholars and at least have that authority to speak on Islam.
You do not get that authority from websites and going to a few HT gatherings!

Exactly my point they are not fully fledged scholars, yet titles assigned to them are as if they have reinvented the wheel. A scholar is someone whose work leaves it effect till eternity - i.e abu hanifa r.a

And as rasool allah s.a.w said anyone who refers himself as a scholar he isnt one.
my brothers are those who will believe in me, without having seen me.” [Ahmad, Musnad]

Jaag Muslmaan Jaag Muslmaan ... kitna naacho gai ghairon ki dhun par?Jis ummat mein rab ne sher paida kiye aaj wohi gheedar ka libaas apna muqaddar samjh bethi

Posted 08 April 2011 - 10:48 PM (#8) User is offline   Fekay 

• Full Eclipse
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

The part 1 pretty much put me off watching the rest of this onesided debate! Shekih hamza Yusuf would of torn these people!

Posted 10 April 2011 - 08:55 PM (#9) User is offline   Moslem-Male 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip

If someone like Ayaan Hirsi Ali is running rings round you in a debate you know your not worthy of defending Islam in a debate. This woman is no expert in Islam or an academic of any sort, infact shes not even a good debater, or an articulate speaker.

Shaykh Hamza Yusuf sums it up pretty well, go to 4.30 onwards, you'll understand what I mean.

Posted 10 April 2011 - 10:17 PM (#10) User is offline   shaah2468 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

Asif-63-92-1 (08.04.2011)
The part 1 pretty much put me off watching the rest of this onesided debate! Shekih hamza Yusuf would of torn these people!

I did not even make it through all of part 1.  Zeba Khan was very weak and not very articulate, a very poor choice.  I agree about Sheikh Hamza Yusuf.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options
  Or sign in with these services