Spirit Of Islam: How to improve your relationship with the Qur'an - Spirit Of Islam

Icon Important Announcement!

Like us on facebook!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How to improve your relationship with the Qur'an

Posted 11 March 2011 - 05:19 PM (#1) User is offline   Khalid_the_Warrior 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Members

It is recommended for all believing man and woman to recite the Book of Allaah, the Noble Qur'an, often, with due contemplation and understanding. This may be done by using a copy of the Qur'an or from one's memory.

Allaah - the Most High – Says (it means):

"[This is] a blessed Book (the Qur'an) which We have revealed to you, [O Muhammad, sallallaahu alaihi wa sallam], that they might reflect upon its verses and that those of understanding would be reminded."
[Qur'an 38:29]

Are you one of those people who rarely touch the Qur'an? Or do you read it daily, but don't find it is having the impact on you that it should? Whatever the case may be, these are some simple advise that can help you connect with the Qur'an.. Inshallah

1. Before you touch it, check your heart

The key to really benefiting from the Qur'an is to check your heart first, before you even touch Allaah's book. Ask yourself, honestly, why you are reading it. Is it to just get some information and to let it drift away from you later? Remember that the Prophet Muhammad may Allaah exalt his mention was described by his noble wife,   'Aa'ishah may Allaah be pleased with her as a "walking Qur'an": in other words, he didn't just read and recite the Qur'an, he lived it.

Everybody can share thier experience........

Repentance is a strange mount -
it jumps towards heaven in a single moment from the lowest place

Posted 11 March 2011 - 05:24 PM (#2) User is offline   Mohammad_Salahuddin 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

ma sha allah. we do need to increase our connection with the book of allah.

if recited with full concetration  It has an amazing affect on heart and mind. and if you understand Arabic language that it is an extra advantage to gain blessings from it.

I know a brother who had an amazing experience while reciting it.

May allah subhana wa ta'ala give us the ability to recite it more often.
Never be fanatical about anything, whether it is the truth or not, and your heart will remain in a state of soundness towards others. (Shaykh Ahmed Zarruq)

Posted 11 March 2011 - 05:33 PM (#3) User is offline   piara-madinah 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

1. Before you touch it, check your heart. The key to really benefiting from the Qur’an is to check your heart first, before you even touch Allah’s Book. Ask yourself, honestly, why you are reading it. Is it to just get some information and to let it drift away from you later? Remember that the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) was described by his wife as a “walking Qur’an”: in other words, he didn’t just read and recite the Qur’an, he lived it.

2- ???? ??? ????? ??????

??????? ?? ?????? ?????????? ?? ???????? ??? ????? ????? ? ???? ??? ????? ?? ??? ?? ???? ????? ? ????? ? ?? ???? ???? ?? ???? ???? ??? ????? ?? ??? ?? ???????? ??????? ?? ??? ???? ????? ????? ?????? ?? ???? ????? ??? ???? ????? ??????? ??????? ?? ?????????????? ??? ????? ???????? ????? ???? ????? ?????? ?????.

2. Do your Wudu (ablution). Doing your Wudu is good physical and mental preparation to remind you that you’re not reading just another book. You are about to interact with God, so being clean should be a priority when communicating with Him.

3- ?????? ??? ????? ???? ??? ????? ?????

???? ?? ?????? ?? ????? ??? ??? ???? ??????? ????? ???? ????? ? ??? ?? ??? ????? ??? ??????? ??????? ?????? ??? ???? ????? ????? ????? ?????? ?? ??? ????? ????? ??? ????? ???? ????? ?????? ????? ????? ???? 10 ?? 30 ??? ?? ??? ???? ????? ?? ??? ????

3. Read at least 5 minutes everyday. Too often, we think we should read Qur’an for at least one whole hour. If you aren’t in the habit of reading regularly, this is too much. Start off with just five minutes daily. If you took care of step one, Insha Allah (God willing), you will notice that those five minutes will become 10, then half an hour, then an hour, and maybe even more!

4- ???? ??? ???? ????? ?? ????? ?? ???? ??? ??? ???????

?????? ??? ????? ?????? ???? ???? ???????? ??? ???? ???? ?? ????? ???? ? ?????? ????? ???????? ???????? ????? ??????? ?????? ???? ??????? ?? ??? ???? ?????.

4. Make sure you understand what you’ve read. Five minutes of reading the Qur’an in Arabic is good, but you need to understand what you’re reading. Make sure you have a good translation of the Qur’an in the language you understand best. Always try to read the translation of what you’ve read that day.

5- ???? ????? ?? ?????? ??? ??? ?? ??? ???? ??????

?? ???? ???? ????? ??? ?????? ?????? ? ???? ???? ?? ?????? ????? ?????? ??? ???????? ???? ?????. 

5. Remember, the Qur’an is more interactive than a CD. In an age of “interactive” CD-Roms and computer programs, a number of people think books are passive and boring. But the Qur’an is not like that. Remember that when you read the Qur’an, you are interacting with Allah. He is talking to you, so pay attention.

6- ?? ???? ??? ? ?? ????? ?????

??????? ??? ????? ????? ???? ????? ?????? ??? ????? ????? ?????? ????? ???? ?? ??? ??? ? ????? ??????? ????? ?????? ? ?????? ??????? ??? ????? ??? ???? ????? ???? ???? ???? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ? ?????? ?? ??? ????? ?? ??? ???? ? ?? ?? ????? ???????? ????? ??? ?? ????? ?? ??????? ????? ???? ?? ???? ?????? ??????.

6. Don’t just read; listen too. put in you mind you are reading and listening the best words and powerful language form the Creator of the whole creatures who made those words wisley to guide us and the more we hear the more our Artculation of letters will be improved wether Arab or Non - Arab as well.There are now many audio cassettes and CDs of the Qur’an, a number of them with translations as well. This is great to put on your walkman or your car’s CD or stereo as you drive to and from work. Use this in addition to your daily Qur’an reading, not as a replacement for it.

7- ????? ???? ?????

???? ?? ???? ?????? ??????? ?? ??????? ?????? ??????? ????? ??? ?? ???? ????? ?? ?????? ?????????????? ??? ??????? ?????? ????? ?? ?????? ?????? ?????? ???? ????? ??? ???? ?????? ???.

7. Make Dua (supplication). Ask Allah to guide you when you read the Qur’an. Your aim is to sincerely, for the love of Allah, interact with Him by reading, understanding and applying His blessed words. Making Dua to Allah for help and guidance will be your best tool for doing this.

Posted 11 March 2011 - 05:39 PM (#4) User is offline   piara-madinah 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

by reading surah Almozamil.

http://www.alahazrat.net/alquran/Quran/073/073_001_020.html

Posted 11 March 2011 - 06:00 PM (#5) User is offline   Khalid_the_Warrior 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Do not place your copy of Quran in such a high place that you need to make an effort to get it. Always have it very close and accessible place so whenever you want,you can read or recite it. Put Quran Shreef where you know you can see it most of the time and not on high place where you have to make an effort to actually see it, let alone read it.

Make a routine as much as possible. e.g read one surah everyday,every week or everymonth and try to stick to it.Make it a habit and also try to memorize something from Quran Shreef as well. It is said that a consistent deed is very dear to Allah subhanwan tallah and this way you will get coser to the Quran and will start feeling a connection.

Repentance is a strange mount -
it jumps towards heaven in a single moment from the lowest place

Posted 12 March 2011 - 01:00 AM (#6) User is offline   beautifulwayoflife 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip

Good topic brother! Allah reward you for your concern! 
I agree about placing your Qur'an somewhere where you can easily access it.
To be perfectly honest, I was not as close to the Qur'an as I am now (alhamdulillah). Allah Azzawajal has made ways for me! Anything I've wanted from my Merciful Lord has always been granted to me before me even asking (literally). I've always wanted to teach the Qur'an...and Allah Azzawajal made ways for me (out of nowhere I was asked by a sister if I'd like the job...I asked my parents who said "we would not stop you from teaching Qur'an" so alhamdulillah) < it's been over two years now alhamdulillah 
Now, where I work, learning Qur'an is part of the curriculum, so I go to work, teach/listen to Qur'an recitations, and come home and after an hour go off to teach some more Qur'an alhamdulillah! 
If you want to get into the habit of reciting the Qur'an Shareef then give yourself a time (After Fajr is great for reciting Qur'an!) and recite for 5 minutes...then after a week increase to 10, then to 15, then to half an hour...but don't go more than an hour (because like the brother said, doing a good deed regularly is dear to Allah Azzawajal and inshaAllah once you start you shouldn't stop! So only do what you know you can continue!) 

Their eyes sleepless, their faces pale, Lovers constantly sigh in grief.
What has become of these faces that once beamed with youth and vivacity?
Love is like musk that cannot stay hidden: its fragrance cannot but reveal its presence.
Only those who abide in realms beyond space deserves to be called 'faqir', O Bahu

Posted 12 March 2011 - 01:40 AM (#7) User is offline   Fekay 

• Full Eclipse
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Before you touch it, check your heart

Excellent post bro!

Posted 12 March 2011 - 12:51 PM (#8) User is offline   piara-madinah 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

its good to put in your bedside cabinet and read after isha and you can make a little namaz corner in your house and put shelves there or a sideboard with quran and other Islamic books and spend an hour everyday reading and learning quran and if you all family can spare that hour will be great.

Posted 13 March 2011 - 10:10 AM (#9) User is offline   ya-taiba 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

http://www.yanabi.com/Uploads/Images/a9e75ffa-8f7d-4254-999a-6cb2.gif 

just like to share this information taken from a couple of web sites

Those who believe [in the Oneness of Allah  Islamic Monotheism], and whose hearts find rest in the remembrance of Allah,verily, in the remembrance of  Allah do hearts find rest.   (Qur ‘an13: 28)

TheEtiquette of reciting the Holy Qura

Qirat or recitation of the Quran hasone basic requirement, that is, the Tarteel or the distinct intonation and pronunciation of the words. While reciting one has to keep in mind the fasl{division ) and wasl ( joining ) of words and sentences.

Hazrat  Ali (a.s.) has said that Tarteelis delivering words according to their Makharij (outlets for sound orintonations). Uttering the words clearly and slowly and reciting with understanding and uttering the contents correctly is of prime importance. One should not recite the Quran with such speed that it might become incomprehensible and bore the listener. Neither the recitation be so slow that it takes long time and puts the listeners off.. “Khair al umoore ausatha” or it is better to follow the middle path.

The other important aspect of the recitation is the reading with understanding and thought. One should keep his eyes on the meanings of the Quran. While reciting the verses about Allah’s Blessings, one should seek Astaghfar (Allah’s Help and Foregiveness).

Imam Raza (a.s.) used to recite the Quran with feelings and tears. He used to cry when reference to the Heaven and Hell came during the reading of the Book. At these points he used to seek Allah’s Help. When the Imam (a.s.) recited the verse Qul huwallahu ahad , he used to say Kadhalik Allahu Rabbi three times. Similarly after reciting the verse Qul ya ayyuhal kaferoon in the prayer, the Imam used to say Rabbi AllahoDeenalislam three times. After reciting the verse Wat-teene wazaitune Imam Reza(a.s.) used to say bala wa ana zaalika min al shahedeen. On reciting the verseAla uqsimo beyoumilqiyamah the Imam (a.s.) said Subhanaka Allahumma Balah. Onreciting Sura e Fateha the Imam (a.s.) said Alhamdu lillahe Rab al Aalemeen.Whenever the Imam (a.s.) came across the words ya ayyuhal lazeena aamanu duringthe recitation of the Quran he would say slowly the words Labbaek Allahummalabbaek.

Hazrat  Ali (a.s.) said that whenever one recited In Allaha malaekatahu yusalloona alan-nabi…. It should be followedby benediction (durood) whether during the prayers or while at the session ofrecitation. He said that after reciting the verse wat-teen one should say Nahnuala zalika min al shahedeen.

Imam Jafar e Sadiq (a.s.) used to saydeenilislam alaihi ahya-an wa alaihi amwaatu insha Allah after reciting theverse Qul ya ayyuhal kaferoon.

Imam Zain al Abedeen (a.s.) has said, “If a person wishes to converse with Allah, he should recite the Quran. When he comes to the passages where Allah addresses the people, he should say labbaekAllahumma labbaek and in the passages where Allah addresses the Prophet (a.s.)or the people of the earlier times, he should feel that the communication isfor his own benefit only. When he reads about the spread of victuals of theHeaven in the Quran, he should draw pleasure from the very thought of the delicacies. He should visualise that his Friend has made the spread for him.Sometimes Allah recounts His most superior qualities of Beneficence and Sustenence in the Quran, and at other places He talks of the unfathomabletreasures of knowledge.

Thus Allah recounts his innumerable Bounties to His creatures in the Book and shows them the way of happiness and pleasure. He promises them a place in the Heaven and also warns them of theHellfire. The gathering for the recitation of the Quran is the most wonderful gathering. In this gathering Allah is the Host and the courtiers the Prophets and their Vicegerents (a.s.). How could one not be happy in such a gathering! Due respect for such a gathering is very important. One should therefore purifyoneself with ablution (Wadu) is necessary.

ABOUTISTA-AAZA

SEEKINGALLAH’S PROTECTION FROM THE SATAN

Before commencing the recitation of theHoly Quran one should do Ista aaza or seek the protection of Allah against themachination of the Satan. For this one should say Aa-uzu billahi. This has beenmandated by the Quran..

There are two ways of doing theIsta-aaza. The first is saying, ‘ Aa-uzu billahi min al shaitan ir rajeem’ andthe second is ‘Aa-uzu billahi samiul aleem min al shaitan ir rajeem’.

FACING THEKAABA OR QIBLA WHILE RECITING THE QURAN

It is advised to face the Kaaba while reciting the Quran, be it in loneliness or in congregation. One should not sitat the back of anyone while reciting the Quran.

ABOUTKHATME-QURAN OR FINISHING A RECITATION OF THE HOLY BOOK

One person told to Imam Jafar e Sadiq(a.s.) that he used to complete the recitation of the Quran in a single sittingin the night. (Abu Baseer ).

The Imam (a.s.) said,” It is better if you do one complete recitation of the Quran in one month. Quran should berecited with tarteel or slowly with proper pronunciation and punctuation. The reading should be such that the words are comprehensible to the reciter and the listener. Whenever there is mention of the Heaven in the Quran, the reciter should seek Allah’s help for his deliverence. Similarly when the Hell is mentioned, he should seek deliverence..One should recite the Quran more during the Holy month of Ramadan.”.

Ali bin Mugheera asked Imam Jafar eSadiq (a.s.), “ My father asked your ancestor, the Prophet of Islam (a.s.) about completing a recitation of the Quran in one night.. The Prophet said(a.s.), ‘ Yes! It can be done!’ “ Then Ibne Mugheera said,” My father used to complete forty recitations of the Quran or even more during the month of Ramandan.. I follow the same practice and on Idd al Fitr I complete onerecitation to felcitate Holy Prophet (a.s.), one for Hazrat Ali (a.s.), one for Hazrat fatima Zehra (a.s.) and one each as tribute to each of the Holy Imams(a.s). This is my practice from the beginning and what Reward I could get for this?Will it be entered in the account of my deeds?”

The Imam (a.s.) said, “ Because of this practice Allah will treat you with these Infallible persons on the Day ofJudgement” Ibne Jaseem was astonished and said, “ Is there so much reward foran insignificant person like me?”

The Imam (a.s.) said thrice, “ Balay,balay, balay ( Yes, yes, yes)!”

THE REWARDFOR LEARNING, TEACHING & MEMORISING THE QURAN

Imam Jafar e Sadiq (a.s.) has said onewhose memory is weak should learn the Quran with more practice. Allah will givehim more reward. The Quran should be recited in a good tone but not with rhythm.

It is not good for a person to memorise the Quran and forget it. The verses that he had memorized, and forgotten, will salute the reciter in the Heavenfrom an elevated place by saying,’ Salam alaik’. The person would respond to the greeting and ask who they were and why they were greeting him from thatdistanceThey will reply that they were the verses of the Quran that he hadmemorised and didn’t care to retain in his memory. If he had tyaken care to retain the memory, he would have been in the higher echelons of the Heaven with them!

·         The Prophet of Allah (a.s.) said, “ A person who memorises the Quran and purposely forgets it will be raised on the Day of Judgement in a manner that his hands will be tied to his neck. For every verse that he had forgotte Allah wouldimpose a snake on his body and he will be consigned to the Hell.

·        Hazrat Ali (a.s.) said that when Allah wants to send his curse and retribution to apeople who have been sinning very much and finds that amongst the evil personsthere are some people who offer prayers and some children are reciting theQuran, he puts away the Retribution.

THE BENEFITSOF RECITING THE QURAN

·        Imam Jafar e Sadiq (a.s.) has said that Quran is a Commandment of Allah for His creatures. Therefore it is the bounden duty of every Muslim to study the Quran with deep thought.

·        Hazrat Ali (a.s.) has said that a house where the Quran is recited the angels would descend there and the Satan flees away from the precincts. The house where the Quran is recited appears like a star to the people of the Firmament.

·        Imam Mohammed Baqir (a.s.) said, “ A person who recites the Quran while standing will get reward equal to fifty good deeds. If a person seeks succor against his enemies from the Quran with true spirit, he will be safe from the adversaries.However strong the enemy might be!

·        Itis narrated by Bashir bin Ghalib that Imam Hussain (a.s.) said,” When a person recites the verses of the Quran while standing, Allah will reward equivalent often good deeds for every word recited. If someone listens to the recitationwith intent, he will get one good deed recorded in his account for every word that he listens to. If a person completes the recitation over-night in onesitting, in the morning the angels say his praises. If a person completes the recitation during a day, the angels praise him and one of his wishes that he makes after completing the recitation would be fulfilled. The Reward for completingthe recitation of the Quran is better than the reward for any other good deeds.” The narrator asked the Imam (a.s.), “ Ya Hazrat! If a person has not learned to read the Quran, what should he do?” The Imam (a.s.) replied, “ Allah is Kind and Merciful ! He should recite as much as he knows! He will certainly get the Reward!”

·        Imam Mohammed Baqir (a.s.) says,” When a person completes the recitation of the Quran in Mecca from one Friday to the other, or a similar period of time, he will be Rewarded amply by Allah.”

·        Itis narrated from the Prophet of Allah (a.s.), “ A person who recites as few asten verses in a night, he would not be counted amongst the negligent people. If he recites fifty verses, he will be counted as a Dhakir (a person who remembers

·        If one recites a hundred verses, he will be counted amongst the Qaneteen (theobedient). One who recites two hundred verses in a night, then he is amongst the Qashe-een ( ). If a person recites three hundred verses overnight, he oneof the Fayezeen (the elevated). If a person recites five hundred verses in anight, he will be counted in a group of persons who prayed their whole lives.When a person recites a thousand verses in a night, he will get a Qantar ofReward. A Qantar is equal to fifteen thousand Mishqal ( a mishqal is equal to24 carat of gold) This will be equal to the Mount Ohud.

·        Hazrat Ali (a.s.) has said, “ When a person recites any hundred verses of the Quran from any chapter, and after the recitation says thrice the words,’ Allah hummaakshif anni bala’, all his calamities will be warded off.”

·        The Prophet of Islam (a.s.) said, “ If one has pain in the chest, he must seeksuccor from the Quran. Allah has promised that the Quran cures the chest pain!”

·        Imam Mohammed Baqir (a.s.) has said, “ Every place has a spring season. For the Quran the spring is the Holy Month of Ramadan!”

·        Itis narrated from Imam Zain al Abedeen (a.s.) that if one listens to even a wordof the Quran with interest, Allah will order writing one good deed in his record and obliterates one sin committed by him. The person will be elevatedone stage upward. If a person memorises even one word from the Quran, Allah will record ten good deeds in his name and removes ten sins from his record. He will also be raised ten stages upward in his status.. When a person recites theverses of the Quran sitting at prayer, Allah will record fifty good deeds forhim and remove fifty sins from his record. And raises his status fifty stages.When a person recites one verse standing in prayer, He will record hundred gooddeeds for him, remove a hundred sisn from his account and raise his status ahundred stages. .When a person completes a full recitation of the Quran, Allah will fulfill his wish for this life or the Hereafter.”

·        Hazrat Ali (a.s.) has said that when a person recites a hundred verses from anywherein the Quran and then says Ya Allah seven times and order a stone to shatter,it will shatter with Allah’s wish!

THESUPERIORITY OF RECITING THE HOLY QURAN LOOKING AT ITS WORDS

The eyesight of a person will improveif he recites the Quran looking at it pages. Allah will reduce the punishmentfor the sins of this person’s parents, even if the father or the mother was aninfidel.

·        The house where a copy of the Quran is kept the Satan cannot come.

·        Authentictraditions indicate that three things would complain to Allah: 1. A mosque where people don’t go to offer prayer. 2. A scholar who lives amongst ignorant people and none respects him. 3. A copy of the Quran that takes dust in a houseand no one reads it.

·        Someone asked the Prophet of Islam (a.s.),” I have memorised the Quran. Is it better to recite it from the memory or by looking at the Book?" ” The Prophet (a.s.)replied , “t is better to recite looking at the pages of the Book because evenlooking at the book is auspicious.” Then the Prophet (a.s.) said that there are six things that would be the cause of benefit to a person even after his death:1. A pious son who prays for the deliverence of his parents after their death.2. A copy of the Quran that will be read and recited by others after a person’sdeath. 3. A well that has been dug for the benefit of the populace. 4. Creating a canal or a source of running water. 5. A tree that has been planted to give shade to the others. 6. The good examples set by the person for others to follow after his death.

·        The Prophet of Islam (a.s.) said that looking at the face of Hazrat Ali ibne Abi Talib (a.s.) is equivalent to prayer. He also said that looking with affectionon the faces of one’s parents too is prayer. Looking at the Holy Quran is prayer and setting eyes on the Kaaba too is pray

Some men came to question Umar ibn Al-Khattaab,( Radhi-Allahu-Anhu ) during his khilaafah about the leadership of Makkah, theyasked, “Who do you use to govern Makkah?” He said, “Ibn Abzaa.” They asked,“And who is Ibn Abzaa?” Umar ( Radhi-Allahu-Anhu ) replied, “A freed slave fromthose we freed.” They remarked, “You left a freed slave in charge of the peopleof the Valley (the noble tribes of the Quraysh)!?!?” So he answered them, “Verilyhe is a reader of the Book of Allah and is knowledgeable about the obligationsof the Muslims. Haven’t you heard the statement of your Messenger: “VerilyAllah raises some people by this Book and lowers others by it.” (Saheeh Muslim)

Abu Umaamah (may Allah (swt) be pleased withhim) relates that the Prophet (sallallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam) said: “Read the Qur’an, for verily it will come on the Day of Standing as an intercessor for its companions.” [Muslim]

Uthmaan, may Allah (swt) be pleased with him,said that the Prophet (sallallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam) said: “The best of youare the ones who learn the Qur’an and teach it to others” [Al-Bukhari]

YA ALLAH (Subhana WaTala) Forgive me if i have made any errors

ALLAHUMMA SALLI ALA SAYYIDINA MUHAMMADIN HATTA TARDA WA SALLI ALA SAYYIDINA MUHAMMADIN BA'DAR RI DA WA SALLI ALA SAYYIDINA MUHAMMADIN ABADAN ABADAN

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options
  Or sign in with these services