Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Baba Ratan Hindi? Was he a Sahabi?

Posted 10 March 2011 - 03:51 PM (#1) User is offline   Mohammad_Salahuddin 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

A while ago I came across this story by Dr Ishfaq Ahmed on baba Ratan hindi (rahimullah). I have attached the Urdu version of this story. I will try to put into my words for English audience.

It is claimed the there was a young boy in time of our Prophet Mohammad (sallaho alehe wassalam) in Hindustan (in Bhunda nearly Dehli). Once he heard that there is a man in the land of Arabia who is claiming to be a Prophet. He took some belonging with him and left to travel thousand miles to meet the prophet and find out about the truth. He mentions a lot of things about his travels. Then finally he reaches Makka but finds out that the Prophet (sallaho alehe wassalam) who he is looking for has left for Madina. He then goes to Madina and presents himself in the blessed court of Rasool Allah (sallaho alehe

wassalam). There is no history about what happens to him afterwards. Where does he stays; what does he learns etc etc.

It is claimed that he returned back to his village (bhunda) and died. Dr Ishfaq then mentions a story where he met this teacher who happened to visit the mazar of Baba Ratan Hindi in India and got great blessings from it. (he got his dua accepted there as well).

A German historian has also done a lot of research on baba rattan hindi. He mentions his travel to Arabia and other details.

After doing a lot of searching and asking our Scholar about it. I was only able to find books which were written by Deobandi Ulemas. They had different of opinions amongst them about sahabiat of Baba Ratan Hindi. Some of them have written a lot of proofs that he was actually a sahabi and I have also read a refutation on those books.

Have anyone of your come across this story before? What do Ulema of Ahlesunnah wa Jam’at say about him.

BTW; Dr Ishfaq was a famous writer in Pakistan.

Never be fanatical about anything, whether it is the truth or not, and your heart will remain in a state of soundness towards others. (Shaykh Ahmed Zarruq)

Posted 10 March 2011 - 04:36 PM (#2) User is offline   AUUA-Youth 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

http://www.yanabi.com/forum/Topic391864.aspx
Rok leti hain aap ki nisbat, teer jitne bhi ham pe chalte hain

http://www.almarkaz.org.uk

Posted 10 March 2011 - 04:51 PM (#3) User is offline   Mohammad_Salahuddin 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

jazak allaho khaira brother for you reply...
Never be fanatical about anything, whether it is the truth or not, and your heart will remain in a state of soundness towards others. (Shaykh Ahmed Zarruq)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options
  Or sign in with these services