• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Milad Innovations

Posted 28 February 2011 - 01:19 PM (#1) User is offline   Khalid_the_Warrior 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Members

This year I've seen couple of new innovation added to the mehfil-e-milads.

1. Fire works
2. Birthday cakes

Where are we going with this. This is exactcly these salfi's needs against us. Celeberating the brith of our belolved prophet sallal ho alhe wasalm is indeed a noble deed.

But are we going too far? What does shariah law says about fire works and birthday cakes.

Why are we giving some deviant people the chance to attack ahle sunnah wal jamat. We always defend celeberating the Milad but how we going to defend this??????

Repentance is a strange mount -
it jumps towards heaven in a single moment from the lowest place

Posted 28 February 2011 - 02:07 PM (#2) User is offline   qalam 

• Full Moon
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

salam

what would you suggest

dr aq
Dr AQ- Product of a classcial education , fee paying of course!

Posted 28 February 2011 - 02:16 PM (#3) User is offline   Khalid_the_Warrior 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View blog

qalam (28.02.2011)
salam

what would you suggest

dr aq

I am asking question.

Posted 28 February 2011 - 04:52 PM (#4) User is offline   piara-madinah 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

they can do jaloos very little speaches at  end and read darood paak and at the end they can give packed some sweets mithai etc after dua  but now thousands people , long speaches and buckets full of money and a very big cost of lunches dinners , fire works cakes and even one peer sahub saying on tv come and join us in fireworks and said do fireworks hon gy one on earth one on sky .

question is do they want to change the milaad to same as chirstmiss parties fire works etc , few years back they saying xmiss celebrations are not good , another question what our beloved prophet will like huge jaloos fireworks or a lot of money wasted or he will like if we give this money to the ummat who is dieing because of no food no medicine . Is he or Allah subhan not going to ask us this.

small gatherings very small collections 5 to 10 thousands on litle milaads and how much there collections in jalooses full buckets so that is again a new way to collect money .

what are these mullahs and muftie saying about that half ummat got no food , half is looting people by the name of relegion,  so what is the answer who is accountable , I know not them because they having % from that money so they will say yes all allowed give more, can we ask ourselves if two persons infront of us and they both ask donation , one for the person who is dieing because of hunger and the other is asking to get money for buying a flag for jaloos for milaad.

ik turf yeh kehty hain hamra nabi Saw sada libas pehnty they dosri turf sujy howey big chairs per qeemti clothes pehn ker badsha bun ker bethty hain kis kis ko sumjhyeen.

Posted 28 February 2011 - 04:56 PM (#5) User is offline   Fekay 

• Full Eclipse
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Birthday cakes?

Posted 28 February 2011 - 05:22 PM (#6) User is offline   Khalid_the_Warrior 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View blog

FeKay (28.02.2011)
Birthday cakes?

Yes bro. They bring the cake in the end and tell the guest to cut it like people do on thier birthdays.

Posted 28 February 2011 - 05:32 PM (#7) User is offline   beautifulwayoflife 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip

beasnt (28.02.2011)

FeKay (28.02.2011)
Birthday cakes?

Yes bro. They bring the cake in the end and tell the guest to cut it like people do on thier birthdays.

I'm hoping it's just a plain cake without "happy birthday" written on it and without the candles and the whole blowing them out ceremony nonsense? Personally...I think it's a big fat joke! What next? Singing happy birthday to you?! 
With regards to fireworks...waste of money! Use that for something better! No doubt we should express happiness, but there are ways to do it! How about starting by following the Sunnah of RasoolAllah salAllahu alayhi wa salam? After all we do claim to be lovers of RasoolAllah salAllahu alayhi wa salam right?
Their eyes sleepless, their faces pale, Lovers constantly sigh in grief.
What has become of these faces that once beamed with youth and vivacity?
Love is like musk that cannot stay hidden: its fragrance cannot but reveal its presence.
Only those who abide in realms beyond space deserves to be called 'faqir', O Bahu

Posted 28 February 2011 - 05:40 PM (#8) User is offline   hidayah227 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip

beasnt (28.02.2011)

1. Fire works
2. Birthday cakes

Where are we going with this. This is exactcly these salfi's needs against us. Celeberating the brith of our belolved prophet sallal ho alhe wasalm is indeed a noble deed.

But are we going too far? What does shariah law says about fire works and birthday cakes.

Why are we giving some deviant people the chance to attack ahle sunnah wal jamat. We always defend celeberating the Milad but how we going to defend this??????

What about fireworks and cake?? Are saying that these are innovations in islam?

How can eating a cake be a bidah? In order to eat a cake and share the cake with others we must cut the cake in many slices. If if small cup cakes were being given in mehfil e milad would that make you more happy?

Muslims around the world celebrate milad in different styles and ways according to their own customs etc. A cake does not symbolizes anything. If you think eating cake & having a firework display is a innovation than i suggest that you don't eat Indian spicy chicken balti with roti in mehfil e milaad. And tell mehfil organizers to take down all the led lightings. Because The prophet may peace and blessings be upon him did not distribute these things on the day he was born.

Posted 28 February 2011 - 06:20 PM (#9) User is offline   Khalid_the_Warrior 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View blog

hidayah227 (28.02.2011)

beasnt (28.02.2011)

1. Fire works
2. Birthday cakes

What about fireworks and cake?? Are saying that these are innovations in islam?

How can eating a cake be a bidah? In order to eat a cake and share the cake with others we must cut the cake in many slices. If if small cup cakes were being given in mehfil e milad would that make you more happy?

Muslims around the world celebrate milad in different styles and ways according to their own customs etc. A cake does not symbolizes anything. If you think eating cake & having a firework display is a innovation than i suggest that you don't eat Indian spicy chicken balti with roti in mehfil e milaad. And tell mehfil organizers to take down all the led lightings. Because The prophet may peace and blessings be upon him did not distribute these things on the day he was born.

Why do we have to imitate the west culture. We celeberate the Milad to remember the life of our beloved prophet sallaho alhe waslan and also to thanks Allah azzwajal for the blessing he subhanwatalh showered on us. We do naat;s, biyans, foods, jaloos. I am not against these as this is very good way of expressing your love. But all I am asking brother are we going too far when we see fire works etc.

I said it is an innovation and was never done before. Its upto you now to decide whether its a bad one or good one. I've my reasons and you can have yours.

Lastly, When I mentioned birthday cakes, it mean birthday cakes and not cakes sliced as sweets.

All I say don't make fool of ourselves. When was fireworks allowed???

Posted 28 February 2011 - 08:35 PM (#10) User is offline   The-Fallen 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

shadhilli (28.02.2011)
Salaam,

@Beasant

Brother, what might seem good to you might seem bad for others and vice versa. The Ummah will seldom agree on EVERY issue that we face. There are far too many minds to satisfy. Unless of course we're talking about something explicitly stated in Quran and Hadith. Cake is allowed in Islam and as regards fireworks, the prohibition must be proven NOT their legality. The onus is on those to bring forth proof declaring fireworks to be prohibited, not the other way around.

As far as western culture is concerned, who says that Milad must be celebrated according to an Eastern culture? 

In years to come, we are likely to see larger number of convert indiginous Europeans holding Milad celebrations. Surely we cant expect them to show happiness by reciting Urdu naats, Saiful Malook and turning up in a lungi. And then serving kukkar saalan at the end. It'll most probably be casual dress or suit and tie, followed by a serving of fish and chips perhaps?

Whats important to bear in mind is that no provision is allowed by organisers etc to introduce haram activities into a milad. For example, free mixing, indecent dancing etc.

Aslamoalaikum

Brother you beat me to it, I was going to post  the same. Well done.

I think we have to stop being the parrots for these wahabiis and deo's and getting into their paranoia that we are doing bidah's and shirk in the blessed gatherings of Mawlid un Nabi SAW.

Unless there is texts ie from the Qur'an and Hadith clearly declaring an action or thing haraam, it is permissable.

We do not need the Wahabiis or Deo's dictating to us what is and what is not allowed, and we especially don't need our own sunniis parrotting the wahabi/deo paranoia and confusing our sunnis. This is what they want us to do is wasting our time on issues such as these and ignoring the real issue of continuing to celebrate the Blessed Mawlid-un-Nabi SAW.

Wassalaam.

Posted 28 February 2011 - 10:03 PM (#11) User is offline   hamzaahmad786 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

In the book entitled 'Islami Zindagi', Mufti Ahmad Yaar Khan says, 'The tyrant king Namrood invented fireworks. When Sayyiduna Ibraheem was placed inside the fire, the fire cooled and turned into a garden of flowers so Namroods people filled anaar (type of firework) with gunpowder, set them on fire and threw them at Sayyiduna Ibraheem .'

Fireworks are Haraam

Sadly, the filthy tradition of fireworks is strengthening amongst Muslims. Every year, Muslims waste Millions of their rupees just on buying fireworks. Every now and again it's reported that so many houses have been burnt and so many people have tragically lost their lives as a result of fireworks. Not only do fireworks pose a risk to life and limb, they're a complete waste of money and there is also a risk of your house burning. This act is also disobedience of Allah . Mufti Ahmad Yaar Khan says, 'Making, purchasing (personally or through someone) or setting off fireworks (personally or through someone) are all Haraam.' (Islami Zindagi, P63)

Taken from: http://library.faizaneattar.net/Books/index.php?id=325 Muhammad Ilyas Attar Qadri
۞۩۩۞۩۩۞۩۩۞۩۩۞۞۩۞۩۩۞۩۩۞۩۩۞۩۩۞۞۩

محمد بشر لا كالبشر ، ياقوت حجر لا كالحجر

Muhammad is a man but not and ordinary man.
A ruby is a stone but not a common stone.

۞۩۩۞۩۩۞۩۩۞۩۩۞۞۩۞۩۩۞۩۩۞۩۩۞۩۩۞۞۩

Posted 28 February 2011 - 11:23 PM (#12) User is offline   adnanghurabaa 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

Salaam

The Mughal Sister (28.02.2011)
Excellent points brother Shadhilli,
And the most serious offence that is being committed and therefore a fatwa should be issued; out of tune singing! Screeching at a high note is most definitely dangerous to the old women’s health, and therefore should be outlawed.

this is true, i think they need to turn the volumes down on speakers, the whole point of speakers is so you don't have to shout.

I agree that certain cultures express joy in different ways and hence you have the majority of elders whenever there is a mehfil they expect lungar, its like a celebration. In Turkey etc they have their own styles of celebrations.

My personal opinion is that cakes and fireworks are going too far, why waste money on fireworks when im sure there are ulema saying they are haraam ( i think).

Heres an analogy: Nikah is halaal no one disagrees, but nowadays you get music being played in nikah. Hence you get the salafi types saying everyhting including nikah is haraam, then theres the other type of people justifying everything including the music. The sound group is in the middle sating music is haraam but nikah is halaal.

Mawlid is allowed but i think sometimes people need to take a step back, intodays culture where we lack the knowledge of Rassoolallah peace be upon him I think the  best mawlid would be going through Shamail At Tirmidhi.

Please no one attack me, im too tired...

Posted 28 February 2011 - 11:29 PM (#13) User is offline   qalam 

• Full Moon
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

salam

whhy is it when muslims are trying to be progressive and forward thinking we are draged back to 19th centiry uttar pradesh

dr aq
Dr AQ- Product of a classcial education , fee paying of course!

Posted 28 February 2011 - 11:46 PM (#14) User is offline   The-Fallen 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

qalam (28.02.2011)
salam

whhy is it when muslims are trying to be progressive and forward thinking we are draged back to 19th centiry uttar pradesh

dr aq

It seems like we will never get out of this backward vicious cycle.:crying:

Posted 01 March 2011 - 12:16 AM (#15) User is offline   piara-madinah 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

beasnt brother , no one listen to you they go with the wind . in few years you will see as in moheram they show jhola and horses you will see same in jaloos camels and dates trees etc and they will put sand on the roads , they need halwa and collection so they can divert everything .

Posted 01 March 2011 - 04:05 AM (#16) User is offline   checkmate 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

In relation to ur post sister Mughal..am sure all the bad the women do at the mawlid will be sorted out by the cutting of a cake...a CHOCOLATE cake that is :)

Seriously there have been some outstandingly pathetic reasons given for the cak and firworks issue as to its permissibility.

See the problem with the ummah is that we bring in to our religion concepts and actions that we KNOW are going to cause fitnah and other muslims are going to point a finger. You know what unity is, unity is abstaining from actions that cause FITNA.

Il give you an example of the cake. My friends mum owns a bakery, they are from the 'other' side. The prohibited if you mingle with them you will become kaafir side, you know the deobandii side. Well we had our local masjid go to them and say to them to make a cake saying happy bday Ya Rasullulah salalaahualaihewasallam on it. The bechaari woman said she'l make the cake but not write that message on it. We all know why, because thay dont say 'ya', besides thay dont do mawlid..cutting the story short, the story hit the local tabloids and the bakery given a bad name, putting in to repute a muslim persons business. Now dont blame the tabloids for chattin bubbles, the mawlid celebrating muslims shouldnt have given the tabloids the chance to point a finger at this muslim woman. Im not being biased, I am telling the stiry exactly how it is. I could have added bit of spice and said they smashed the windows, her life was made a living hell etc etc.

Dont please use this 'as long as it is not prohibited it is ok' argument, cause its cheap. I dont think theres any harm in wrapping a few presents next year either for mawlid to put under the tree or this case the mimber. There has to be a limit somewhere.

Did you know the scholars have advised to stay away from acts which cause fitna. Dont just worry about the intention, think too about the consequence.

May Allah tala save the beautiful event of mawlid from actions that cause disunity and keep it pure from all such actions that anger Allah tala and his rasool sallalaahu alaihe wasallam. ameen summa ameen.
Life gives them mortality and death gives them Immortality.

Born as humans, Lived as heroes, and died as legends.

Posted 01 March 2011 - 11:03 AM (#17) User is offline   Mudassar-Rana 

• Full Moon
  • PipPipPipPipPip

The Mughal Sister (28.02.2011)
Excellent points brother Shadhilli,

And the most serious offence that is being committed and therefore a fatwa should be issued; out of tune singing! Screeching at a high note is most definitely dangerous to the old women’s health, and therefore should be outlawed.

Now that is a crime against humanity for which the UN charter of human rights needs to be invoked! 3 Inventions that south asian chickdom needs to be indicted for : the overflowing cardigans, the tache and the out of tune singing!
my brothers are those who will believe in me, without having seen me.” [Ahmad, Musnad]

Jaag Muslmaan Jaag Muslmaan ... kitna naacho gai ghairon ki dhun par?Jis ummat mein rab ne sher paida kiye aaj wohi gheedar ka libaas apna muqaddar samjh bethi

Posted 01 March 2011 - 11:21 AM (#18) User is offline   Khalid_the_Warrior 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View blog

People have their opinions and I totally respect them BUT I've my reasons and nobody convinced me otherwise.

All I said "there needs to be a boundary on how far we can take this."

We're not talking about going back in times, that’s not the argument, but we need to be cautious because Islam doesn't adjust its principles overtime. 

Re eastern style Milad, brother there's nothing like 'eastern style' Milad.Milad is the celebration and it’s done according to shariah, not only in south Asia but across the Arabs as well, it’s the same. We are the one who are including new things. Why can't we keep it simple as it is now?

I don't buy the argument that people need to adopt to new culture and hence mend it with their religion. All these people who do fireworks, they are not western revert, but our own eastern buddies. So it’s not that Islam has reached a new culture suddenly but it is the same for long time so why change now. What has happened?

Dontplease use this 'as long as it is not prohibited it is ok' argument, cause itscheap. I dont think theres any harm in wrapping a few presents next year eitherfor mawlid to put under the tree or this case the mimber. There has to be alimit somewhere.

This is so spot on, how far can we take this.

Posted 01 March 2011 - 11:31 AM (#19) User is offline   Imran. 

• Full Moon
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Nimrod the  kafir invented fireworks?

Can i ask what type of fireworks he invented,sparklers,cones,fountains, missiles which ones?

What source did mufti naeemi sahib?(ra) get this info from,hadith etc?

Tell me something,do you believe the fireworks that come in the form of shooting stars(meteors) i.e. according to ahadith which the nosey shayateen are met with and chased off back to earth,are haram too(maza'Allah)?

If the fireworks are emulating kuffar then why isnt using excessive lighting(bulbs) the inventor of who was a kafir,not haram (emulation)?

Was thomas edison a muslim?

What about wastage of energy resources like electricity,especially in pakistan )which is already nearly crippled through elertricity shortage anyway)?

If they use generators then petrol/deisel isnt cheap either nor is too abundant/accessible to poor  in this day and age.

Lets not start wird of the haram haram mantra on a whim here,lets use a bit of logic and fairness.

Yes fireworks are dangerous i agree,but so are light bulbs and pakistani electricity,although if proper care is taken in both then they are not dangerous.

Just because hadhrat mufti naemi(ra) or DI declare something haram does not neccassarily make it haram,its only their opinion,others have have declared otherwise.

I think that milad shareef should celebrated indoors,with pure sincerity and not to make statements by way of excess lighting or fireworks or juloos, because using the same money to feed a poor muslim family would possibly please Allah and his Rasool(Alayh Assalaam) alot more,but i in dont go around calling such actions as haram just because one scholar may have said so.

live and let live.
La Ilaha Ill Allah Muhammadur Rasool Allah

Posted 01 March 2011 - 12:02 PM (#20) User is offline   hidayah227 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip

check_mate (01.03.2011)
In relation to ur post sister Mughal..am sure all the bad the women do at the mawlid will be sorted out by the cutting of a cake...a CHOCOLATE cake that is :)

Seriously there have been some outstandingly pathetic reasons given for the cak and firworks issue as to its permissibility.

See the problem with the ummah is that we bring in to our religion concepts and actions that we KNOW are going to cause fitnah and other muslims are going to point a finger. You know what unity is, unity is abstaining from actions that cause FITNA.

Il give you an example of the cake. My friends mum owns a bakery, they are from the 'other' side. The prohibited if you mingle with them you will become kaafir side, you know the deobandii side. Well we had our local masjid go to them and say to them to make a cake saying happy bday Ya Rasullulah salalaahualaihewasallam on it. The bechaari woman said she'l make the cake but not write that message on it. We all know why, because thay dont say 'ya', besides thay dont do mawlid..cutting the story short, the story hit the local tabloids and the bakery given a bad name, putting in to repute a muslim persons business. Now dont blame the tabloids for chattin bubbles, the mawlid celebrating muslims shouldnt have given the tabloids the chance to point a finger at this muslim woman. Im not being biased, I am telling the stiry exactly how it is. I could have added bit of spice and said they smashed the windows, her life was made a living hell etc etc.

Dont please use this 'as long as it is not prohibited it is ok' argument, cause its cheap. I dont think theres any harm in wrapping a few presents next year either for mawlid to put under the tree or this case the mimber. There has to be a limit somewhere.

Did you know the scholars have advised to stay away from acts which cause fitna. Dont just worry about the intention, think too about the consequence.

May Allah tala save the beautiful event of mawlid from actions that cause disunity and keep it pure from all such actions that anger Allah tala and his rasool sallalaahu alaihe wasallam. ameen summa ameen.

There is nothing cheaper than going on as if cake is a cause of fitna & therefore should not be eaten by the muslims without given any evidence from quran & hadith that is  (decisive in its certainty). I don't even think there is anyone on this forum who can prove a cake to be makruh tanzihan & here we have people ranting about cake not to be eaten during milad becuase it is a cause of fitna.

If cake should not be eaten in malid mehfils than it should'nt also be eaten in the comfort of your own homes. How ridiculous this argument is.

What has a cake got to do with any religious festival that you had to go and mention that soon we will be putting presents under the tree or mimbar?. Christians in the western world celebrate christmas with a Turkey dinner. This is there tradition & has been for many centuries. In the far east asia they cook roast pig on Christmas day.What ever is eaten on mawlid is blessed wether its cake or salan,roti. As long as it is free from forbidden ingrediants it's all good.

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options
  Or sign in with these services