Spirit Of Islam: british sunni youth ulema and lack of understanding modern science - Spirit Of Islam

Icon Important Announcement!

Like us on facebook!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

british sunni youth ulema and lack of understanding modern science

Posted 31 January 2011 - 12:15 AM (#1) User is offline   qalam 

• Full Moon
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Members

salam

i have been thinking of a number of things over the pst few weeks - i have been very busy looking after my sick wives.

One thing i have come across is the lack of understanding of science and acceptance of common sense on the part of the young british born ulema vis a vis  certain views.

e.g.

1. strict blind adherence of the fact that the sun revolves around the earth inspite of the fact that science proves otherwise.

2. Increased sectarianism in these young ulema vis a vis over generalised statements about the kufr of deobandiism i.e. transplanting the views of the elders of deobandis onto modern day affiliates of deobandiism who are unaware of the statements of their spiritual ancestors.

Why are the youth coming up with the same rhetoric as the old guard?

is this the future of ahle sunna wal jamaat

dr aq
Dr AQ- Product of a classcial education , fee paying of course!

Posted 31 January 2011 - 12:38 AM (#2) User is offline   Imran. 

• Full Moon
  • PipPipPipPipPip

qalam (31.01.2011)
salam

i have been thinking of a number of things over the pst few weeks - i have been very busy looking after my sick wives.

Obviously when ones spouse(s) fall sick the first thing that comes to mind is the argument regarding the heliocentric/geocentric theories.

Posted 31 January 2011 - 12:44 AM (#3) User is offline   Super_Duper 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

Agreed. 

Too much narrow mindedness.  Maybe elements of extremism. 

We need to start teaching classical islamic sciences in a present-day context.  There is also lack of progressive vision.

This is a good example of progressiveness and vision:

MQI have recently started "Seekers Academy" based in Sheffield.  Been there and seen it.  Its a professional building like office type but interior has been done so it looks like an professional educational institution.  For example...you got chairs, tables, fully paid qualified teachers, full-time admin, different rooms, projectors, white boards, it's spacious and has a good location, parking, easy access, facilities for disabled people, proper course materials.  Now they're offering distant learning courses, very flexible and module based.  The knowledge is taught with contemporary relevance and some of the teachers include young british born ulema as well as top researchers places like Lahore who have been called.  The whole programme is overlooked by a number of senior academic staff from the Minhaj University.  The curricula is prepared in consultation with there.  If you complete X amount of modules you can get a diploma certified by the University.  Other stuff goes on there as well like classes for GCSE and A-Level students.  The project is still quite knew, only been around for 6 months or so and there will probably be a lot more progress made in the future. 

Now I think they've set a very perfect example of what we need here in the West.  Out of the Ahlus Sunna who else has managed to set up something like this?  I hope that Seekers Academy serves as a model for other Ahlus Sunna institutions.      

Posted 31 January 2011 - 01:44 AM (#4) User is offline   The-Mughal-Sister 

• Full Moon
  • View blog
  • Group: Moderators

Imran. (31.01.2011)

qalam (31.01.2011)
salam

Obviously when ones spouse(s) fall sick the first thing that comes to mind is the argument regarding the heliocentric/geocentric theories.

Do you mean sick wives, or wives that are sick of you?

I am in a quandary as to which statement is more hilarious Qalaam bhai or Imran bhai, I have nothing more to add other than my tears of laughter!!

“Your knowledge must improve your heart, and purge your ego.”

Imam Ghazzali RA

Posted 31 January 2011 - 01:51 AM (#5) User is offline   HanafiUK 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip

I also see the young ahle sunnah wal jamaah scholars in uk lacking alot of education in some parts, such as they stick and teach only their own opinion, what about other ahle sunnah wal jamaah, they just ignore it. for example, one of my cousin studies in jamia al karam and he doesnt read kalima loud after namaz and he objects to it, thinks it not proven etc, i told him, what about all the other ahle sunnah wal jamaah scholars who follow it, why aent you mentioning them. This wil basically cause problems etc.  Also they have abit of interaction problems, i think maybe because been stuck in jamia for many years, gone abit lonely and weird.
Learn true Islam - www.ahlus-sunna.com

Posted 31 January 2011 - 01:52 AM (#6) User is offline   Know-the-Ledge 

• Full Moon
  • PipPipPipPipPip

The Mughal Sister (31.01.2011)

Imran. (31.01.2011)

qalam (31.01.2011)
salam

Do you mean sick wives, or wives that are sick of you?

I am in a quandary as to which statement is more hilarious Qalaam bhai or Imran bhai, I have nothing more to add other than my tears of laughter!!

Might have been idiomatic, that they are 'sick' in that they like eating a bar of chocolate whilst on the toilet excreting! Weirdos need looking after too you know.
I.Will.Back

Posted 31 January 2011 - 09:23 PM (#7) User is offline   qalam 

• Full Moon
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

salam

why are the ahle sunna ulema so behind

dr aq

Posted 01 February 2011 - 02:16 AM (#8) User is offline   Deen1 

• New Moon
  • Pip

How many times has science been wrong?

Next you will be saying the big bang theory is correct and the darwins theory holds water?

You can not rely on science. Science has been proved wrong many times!

Its not the Ulama that are behind its your modern and westernised thinking tha is gettng the best of you.

Posted 01 February 2011 - 02:43 AM (#9) User is offline   Fekay 

• Full Eclipse
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Deen1 (01.02.2011)
How many times has science been wrong?

Next you will be saying the big bang theory is correct and the darwins theory holds water?

You can not rely on science. Science has been proved wrong many times!

Its not the Ulama that are behind its your modern and westernised thinking tha is gettng the best of you.

The Big Bang theory is correct!

Posted 21 February 2011 - 09:39 PM (#10) User is offline   hamzaahmad786 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

The Ahle Sunna Wal Jama'ah are behind because they (some) are lacking importance for the Quran.

These days its all about being Naat Khwaans, the next Owais Qadri,go to mehfils, enjoy naats, stay up all night, and not read Fajr.

These days its all about getting money. Go to mehfils, sing ten naats in return for £100 Then stuff my Gob with Halwaa.:sick:

Its happening all over the indian sub-continent. Its a naat craze! You just HAVE to listen Tahir Qadris new album, you just

HAVE come to the Masjid to hear Karim Sultan Siddiqui. His voice is beautiful. But when it comes to Quran...

"A'A Auoozoo...b.b.ilaaahii.mm.m.minashaytan.n..nn.nirrajeem"  They cant read to save their lifes! :unsure:

Yeah, you can sing all the naats in the world, you can imitate the best naat khwaans, but when it comes to reciting Surah IKhlaas...

Yeh...:blush:

Learning to read the Quran is Fard, reading it properly is Fard, reading it with correct pronounciation is Fard. Not naats!

Yes Naats are a excellent way of earning thawaab and becoming closer to Rasoolullah peace be upon him, but the Quran is EVEN BETTER!!!:hehe:

The Quran will bring you honour, not naats.

The Quran will give you spiitual gifts, not naats.

The Quran is an obligation for you to learn, not naats.

The Quran is what you read in Salah, not naats.

This is the reason why the Ahle Sunnah Wal Jama'ah are so weak.:angry:

They care more about Mehfils with Halwaa then reading the Quran. :doze:
۞۩۩۞۩۩۞۩۩۞۩۩۞۞۩۞۩۩۞۩۩۞۩۩۞۩۩۞۞۩

محمد بشر لا كالبشر ، ياقوت حجر لا كالحجر

Muhammad is a man but not and ordinary man.
A ruby is a stone but not a common stone.

۞۩۩۞۩۩۞۩۩۞۩۩۞۞۩۞۩۩۞۩۩۞۩۩۞۩۩۞۞۩

Posted 22 February 2011 - 12:45 AM (#11) User is offline   The-Mughal-Sister 

• Full Moon
  • View blog

hamzaahmad786 (21.02.2011)
The Ahle Sunna Wal Jama'ah are behind because they (some) are lacking importance for the Quran.

These days its all about being Naat Khwaans, the next Owais Qadri,go to mehfils, enjoy naats, stay up all night, and not read Fajr.

These days its all about getting money. Go to mehfils, sing ten naats in return for £100 Then stuff my Gob with Halwaa.:sick:

Its happening all over the indian sub-continent. Its a naat craze! You just HAVE to listen Tahir Qadris new album, you just

HAVE come to the Masjid to hear Karim Sultan Siddiqui. His voice is beautiful. But when it comes to Quran...

"A'A Auoozoo...b.b.ilaaahii.mm.m.minashaytan.n..nn.nirrajeem"  They cant read to save their lifes! :unsure:

Yeah, you can sing all the naats in the world, you can imitate the best naat khwaans, but when it comes to reciting Surah IKhlaas...

Yeh...:blush:

Learning to read the Quran is Fard, reading it properly is Fard, reading it with correct pronounciation is Fard. Not naats!

Yes Naats are a excellent way of earning thawaab and becoming closer to Rasoolullah peace be upon him, but the Quran is EVEN BETTER!!!:hehe:

The Quran will bring you honour, not naats.

The Quran will give you spiitual gifts, not naats.

The Quran is an obligation for you to learn, not naats.

The Quran is what you read in Salah, not naats.

This is the reason why the Ahle Sunnah Wal Jama'ah are so weak.:angry:

They care more about Mehfils with Halwaa then reading the Quran. :doze:

You've posted your speech in the wrong section and thread.

Please re-post in the section, “Frankly My Dear No One Gives A Damn!” (on your theory on Naaths/mehfils)

But please post the recipe for halwa I am a female and would love to make it, as that is my prescribed duty and the sole reason for coming to the world.

Imam Ghazzali RA

Posted 22 February 2011 - 01:13 AM (#12) User is offline   Mudassar-Rana 

• Full Moon
  • PipPipPipPipPip

[/quote]

You've posted your speech in the wrong section and thread.

Please re-post in the section, “Frankly My Dear No One Gives A Damn!” (on your theory on Naaths/mehfils)

But please post the recipe for halwa I am a female and would love to make it, as that is my prescribed duty and the sole reason for coming to the world.[/quote]

If words could killed you sis are guilty of mass murder:D

You are hereby sentenced to life in a kitchen nearby for making halwa - from thy halwa we will tell if you are a proper sunni or a wobbler in disguise!

my brothers are those who will believe in me, without having seen me.” [Ahmad, Musnad]

Jaag Muslmaan Jaag Muslmaan ... kitna naacho gai ghairon ki dhun par?Jis ummat mein rab ne sher paida kiye aaj wohi gheedar ka libaas apna muqaddar samjh bethi

Posted 22 February 2011 - 01:35 AM (#13) User is offline   The-Mughal-Sister 

• Full Moon
  • View blog

Mudassar Rana (22.02.2011)

You are hereby sentenced to life in a kitchen nearby for making halwa - from thy halwa we will tell if you are a proper sunni or a wobbler in disguise!

The halwa test, that’s a scary one. :pinch:

Hmmm Atta or Semolina? That is the ultimate question, varna I'll be found out.

You’ve always accused me of murder by mere words, how can a weakling female commit such an atrocity? Bakhsh do is nacheez ko! :)

Imam Ghazzali RA

Posted 22 February 2011 - 12:41 PM (#14) User is offline   piara-madinah 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

brother hamza you are wrong nothing wrong with reciting or writing naat yes you go very close to Nabi paak but if you reciting naat only to make money as bussiness then you will not go closer and not earn any Love towards him.

as you wrote ten naats and earn £100 here may be you not come across with the money syestem how they charge they charge in thousands pounds, they not only visit uk every year to make only one thousand pound , even with tvs they sign contracts a year in millions etc in pakistani money , why not you make a seperate thread for that and then you will knew.

most naats are now a days similiar to songs even many you can tell when you listen that which song they folowing the tune so to earn nabi,s mohabat they need a big heart , recite and not recite by earn money because if they had the price here in this world then nothing left to have in the other world.

anyone want to make halwa try both semolina and halwa they both can use in halwa and no one can tell the difference but dont forget butter and suger and if you add the almonds wah .

Posted 22 February 2011 - 12:48 PM (#15) User is offline   qalam 

• Full Moon
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

the youth are just as bad as the older demi gods they worship

dr aq

Posted 24 February 2011 - 07:15 PM (#16) User is offline   Mudassar-Rana 

• Full Moon
  • PipPipPipPipPip

The Mughal Sister (22.02.2011)

Mudassar Rana (22.02.2011)

The halwa test, that’s a scary one. :pinch:

Hmmm Atta or Semolina? That is the ultimate question, varna I'll be found out.

You’ve always accused me of murder by mere words, how can a weakling female commit such an atrocity? Bakhsh do is nacheez ko! :)

It will be these words that inshallah allah will use to destroy the false idols the ummah has built with their own hands!!
my brothers are those who will believe in me, without having seen me.” [Ahmad, Musnad]

Jaag Muslmaan Jaag Muslmaan ... kitna naacho gai ghairon ki dhun par?Jis ummat mein rab ne sher paida kiye aaj wohi gheedar ka libaas apna muqaddar samjh bethi

Posted 26 February 2011 - 09:55 AM (#17) User is offline   Zarb-e-Ali 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

What do you mean by modern science eggzactaally? Which branch of it? What part? What theory? 

Posted 22 November 2011 - 06:52 PM (#18) User is offline   naqshbandihaqqani 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

assalamu alaykum!
My first post...I second the original poster's post. Some of our brothers react to science as if it is the root of all evil
and blindly follow the sayings of past scholars on scientific matters even when that person was not a scientist and use
the classic proof by authority argument. but it is a logical fallacy because just because Alim X is a great Islamic
scholar it doesn't mean he is an authority on science too.

With such anti-rational attitudes I think we ahle sunnat wal jamaat in the uk will
fall even further behind. some brothers still believe the earth is stationary!
"My intercession is for my sinful followers" - hadith of Sayyidina Rasool Allah sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam
Shay'an Lillah Ya Shaykh Abd al Qadir! (q)
"Ana'l Haqq!" - Husayn ibn Mansoor al Hallaj (q)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options
  Or sign in with these services