Spirit Of Islam: Opinion of Imam Ahmed bin hanbal regarding yazid? - Spirit Of Islam

Icon Important Announcement!

Like us on facebook!

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Opinion of Imam Ahmed bin hanbal regarding yazid?

Posted 14 December 2010 - 12:55 AM (#1) User is offline   qalam 

• Full Moon
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Members

salam

i wish to ask what the stance of imam ahmed bin hanbal alay rahmath was ragarding yazid.

I have read in the following book that imam ahmed did not support the view of cursing yazid

The 4 imams ad their works by G F Hadaad

Page 394 - 295

i can scan and send the book page to you - from my personal library

dr aq
Dr AQ- Product of a classcial education , fee paying of course!

Posted 14 December 2010 - 01:23 AM (#2) User is offline   arabspyder 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

qalam (14.12.2010)
salam

i wish to ask what the stance of imam ahmed bin hanbal alay rahmath was ragarding yazid.

I have read in the following book that imam ahmed did not support the view of cursing yazid

The 4 imams ad their works by G F Hadaad

Page 394 - 295

i can scan and send the book page to you - from my personal library

dr aq

I thought the stance of the four imams was that we should neither call him a muslim nor a kafir. Should remain silent on the issue. Correct me if I am wrong. 
“The ink of the scholar is more sacred than the blood of the martyr”

Posted 14 December 2010 - 10:56 AM (#3) User is offline   Imran. 

• Full Moon
  • PipPipPipPipPip

arabspyder (14.12.2010)

I thought the stance of the four imams was that we should neither call him a muslim nor a kafir. Should remain silent on the issue. Correct me if I am wrong. 

What then do we call him,i mean what category is there in between?

Even munafiqs fall under either muslim or non muslim,so it cannot be that either.

Posted 14 December 2010 - 06:16 PM (#4) User is offline   arabspyder 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

Imran. (14.12.2010)

arabspyder (14.12.2010)

What then do we call him,i mean what category is there in between?

Even munafiqs fall under either muslim or non muslim,so it cannot be that either.

The opinion of Imam e Azam Abu Hanifa is to stay quiet- dont call him a kafir or a muslim.

The opinion of Imam Ahmad Bin Hanbal is that Yazeed is a Kafir.

found that answer here http://www.yanabi.com/forum/Topic347925-4-1.aspx

I guess dont call hima  kafir but it would be okay to use the ten commandments of irfan shah for him. LOL

Posted 14 December 2010 - 07:30 PM (#5) User is offline   Khalid_the_Warrior 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Don't call him a Kafir - I understand
Don't call him a muslim - I don't understand

Surely calling a muslim not a muslim is actually calling him not a muslim or atleast that's degrading it in itself. Isn't it.....

What more do you need????
Repentance is a strange mount -
it jumps towards heaven in a single moment from the lowest place

Posted 15 December 2010 - 11:24 AM (#6) User is offline   Mudassar-Rana 

• Full Moon
  • PipPipPipPipPip

typical knickers in a twist - the inability to stand with right. The modern ability of  the esteemed ulema to label others as kaafir because of the size of their beard shames their prestigious predecessors who cannot decide the fate of the slayer of the most pure bloodline that allah gifted mankind.
my brothers are those who will believe in me, without having seen me.” [Ahmad, Musnad]

Jaag Muslmaan Jaag Muslmaan ... kitna naacho gai ghairon ki dhun par?Jis ummat mein rab ne sher paida kiye aaj wohi gheedar ka libaas apna muqaddar samjh bethi

Posted 19 December 2010 - 08:07 AM (#7) User is offline   qadrimuslim 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip
  • View blog

- We question his Imaan - in simple words he was Kaafir - we live in a free world now - not under any type of tyranny so we can express freely what we believe and how we feel. This was not always possible.
- We can send Laanat upon him but he is already cursed by Rasoolallah (SAW)
- We can probably spend our time better by sending durood on Imam Hasan and Husain (AS)
- May Allah save us from 2 faced mullahs who make excuses for the enemies of Ahlul Bayt. Ameen!
"The Sufi Must Submit to the Faqih" - Shaykh Ahmad Zurruq (RA)

Wa-la Ghalib Il-Allah "There is no Conqueror but Allah"

Posted 20 December 2010 - 12:06 AM (#8) User is offline   imamuna 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip

I found this on sunnipath it is part of an extract

This is the reason why when he came close to Kufa and discovered that the inhabitants of Kufa have betrayed him and succumbed to Yazid�s rule, he suggested three things, of which one was �Or I give my hand in the hand of Yazid as a pledge of allegiance�. (See: Tarikh al-Tabari, 4/313).
One who does not sacrifice does not love regardless of what one claims.

Ahlal Bayt is my Mazhab. If loving the Ahlal Bayt means I am Rafizi then there is no bigger Rafizi than me.:D - Imam Shafi

Posted 21 December 2010 - 06:01 PM (#9) User is offline   tswf 

• New Moon
  • Pip

Well, (use name) called Yazid a Lanati and Jahanami as well as spoke of his Kufr openly in talks and speeches, and I have NEVER in the many years of following (use name) ever heard of him say something without reference or citing it from prominent Ulema.

Even on Madani channel, Muhammad Ilyas Attar Qadri saheb who was quite restrained last year about Yazeed (saying we should not say one or the other, but say he is a Fasiq who is in hell) this year was calling Yazeed Laeen, Paleeth and the works!
Had tapeh to Awliya, Be-had tapeh to Pir,

Had be-had jo tape, usi ka naam Faqeer...- Syed Pir Mehr Ali Shah

Posted 21 December 2010 - 08:26 PM (#10) User is offline   arabspyder 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

the reason imam ahmed bin hanbal called yazeed a kafir was because of a narration which he found where yazid said today we have gotten our revenge for Badar. 

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:52 PM (#11) User is offline   saaim00 

• New Moon
  • Pip

Ibn al-Jawza reports from Qada-Aba-Ya'la that he reported it in his book 'Al-Mu'tamad' through the chain reaching upto Salih ibn Ahmad ibn Hanbal that he said: 'I said to my father Ahmad ibn Hanbal that people say that we love Yazid.'

He said: 'My son. Does anyone who believes in Allah bear love for Yazid? And why should one hesitate to send curses on him, he who has been cursed by Allah in His Book?

I said, 'Where did Allah curse Yazid in His Book?' He replied: 'Then, do you expect that if you were given the rule of the land to cause evil and mischief on earth and severe the bonds of kinship? These are the ones whom Allah has cursed and made them deaf and blinded their sight' 11. [Imam Ahmad said]: Is there any mischief or evil greater than this murder?' In another report, he said: 'My son! What can I say about that man whom Allah has cursed in His Book' and then mentioned the verse [above].

Yazid married his own sisters & daughters and left the prayers

By appreciating and praising Yazid, Mr. Zakir Naik appreciates his deeds too which are the following:

His extravagance in sinning terrorized the people of Madinah. Waqida reports in a chain from 'Abdullah ibn Hanzalah, the son of al-Ghasal 'By Allah! We did not go out with Yazid except fearing that stones may rain from the heavens.' Because he was a person who married the bondswoman-mothers and his own sisters and daughters and drank wine and forsook prayer.
Asalamoalikum

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:21 AM (#12) User is offline   Shaykh_Kahn 

• New Moon
  • Pip

Yazid Is Kafir Full Stop.

Killing The Family Of Prophet Muhammad Peace Be Upon Him, What Do You Expect Him To Still Be Muslim! No Way. He Wanted Imaam Hussain R.A To Take Oath Of Alliance Which Would Never Happen And Sacrifised Him Self And Family To Protect Islam And His Grandfather Deen.

Posted 09 March 2012 - 07:09 PM (#13) User is offline   nhawan 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

View Postsaaim00, on 06 March 2012 - 11:52 PM, said:

By appreciating and praising Yazid, Mr. Zakir Naik appreciates his deeds too which are the following:

His extravagance in sinning terrorized the people of Madinah. Waqida reports in a chain from 'Abdullah ibn Hanzalah, the son of al-Ghasal 'By Allah! We did not go out with Yazid except fearing that stones may rain from the heavens.' Because he was a person who married the bondswoman-mothers and his own sisters and daughters and drank wine and forsook prayer.

Where is the reference for this narration? I know Yazid was bad but to accuse his sisters,etc is not good is it. If we respect hazrat Muawiyah as a sahaba, how can we say that his daughters married their brother? Are we supposed to believe that due to Yazids sins, his whole family is equally sinful? I suspect this quotation of yours is a shia lie unless you can provide the hadith reference..

And I'm not quite sure who a 'bondswoman-mother' is. Please clarify.

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:11 PM (#14) User is online   Fatema-the-resplendent 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • Group: Moderators

View Postnhawan, on 09 March 2012 - 07:09 PM, said:

Where is the reference for this narration? I know Yazid was bad but to accuse his sisters,etc is not good is it. If we respect hazrat Muawiyah as a sahaba, how can we say that his daughters married their brother? Are we supposed to believe that due to Yazids sins, his whole family is equally sinful? I suspect this quotation of yours is a shia lie unless you can provide the hadith reference..

And I'm not quite sure who a 'bondswoman-mother' is. Please clarify.

The Apple does not fall far from the tree.
Lutf-e-mai tujh se kya kahu’n zahid
Haae kambakht tu ne pi hi nahi’n
-Daagh Dehlvi

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:56 PM (#15) User is online   naqshbandihaqqani 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

View PostFatema-the-resplendent, on 09 March 2012 - 08:11 PM, said:

The Apple does not fall far from the tree.

That is not an answer nor is it a very academic attitude; especially when the 'tree' is one of the great Sahaba. I expected better
from you...

I would have thought you'd have the reference for your claim (and I am someone who considers Yazid kafir).
O marvel! A garden amidst the flames! My heart has become capable of every form:
it is a pasture for gazelles, and a convent for Christian monks,A temple for idols, and the pilgrim's Ka'ba,
the tables of the Torah and the book of the Quran. I follow the religion of Love: whatever way
Love's camels take, that is my religion and my faith.

-Ibn Arabi

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:21 PM (#16) User is online   Fatema-the-resplendent 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • Group: Moderators

View PostSlave_of_the_Two_Husayns, on 09 March 2012 - 08:56 PM, said:

That is not an answer nor is it a very academic attitude; especially when the 'tree' is one of the great Sahaba. I expected better
from you...

I would have thought you'd have the reference for your claim (and I am someone who considers Yazid kafir).

It is not supposed to be an answer, but you have to admit there is an element of truth in that statement.

And I don't really want to get involved in a debate whereby defending Amire Muawiya would be my greatest proof of loyalty to the Sahaba. For me my judgement on him is private, and for his Son Yazid-what can one say about the Murderer of Hussain?

Lutf-e-mai tujh se kya kahu’n zahid
Haae kambakht tu ne pi hi nahi’n
-Daagh Dehlvi

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:26 PM (#17) User is offline   technocore 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip
  • View blog

Interesting ... which ayet of Quran or hadith requires us to make an opinion about every tom-dick-harry who passed on the face of this earth ? :) lol. Secondly its not our opinion but Allah's judgment that is absolute and shall pass ... so its a worthless topic to argue on ...
- The most favorable friend to me is that who shows me my flaws -

Posted 10 March 2012 - 02:21 AM (#18) User is offline   qadrimuslim 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip
  • View blog

It is proven from Quran why we do not do Tanqeed of the Sahaba (RA)

Sayyidi Mufakkir e Islam discussed this in detail in last month's Giyarween Shareef Majlis in London. Not sure if the speech has been uploaded.

Our Aqeeda is "Haq Sab Yar" - proven from Quran - this includes Hazrat Amir Muawiyah (RA) and other blessed Companions (RA). It is wrong and not in our interest to judge the imaan of a Sahabi when his/her imaan has already been accepted by Allah.
_____

As for the blame game, Hazrat Muawiyah (RA) cannot be disparaged for the sins of his son.
Did he make mistakes or commit any sins of his own?? It is possible for a non-Prophet to make mistakes and commit sins.

But does he carry the burden of his son's sins? NO - (which is the same as for any other Muslim.)

There are plenty of examples where sons of a Sahabi did wrong - this does not mean the Sahabi himself carries the burden or blame.

Allah knows best and is the best of Judges.

Stick to this formula and save yourself a whole load of trouble.

"The Sufi Must Submit to the Faqih" - Shaykh Ahmad Zurruq (RA)

Wa-la Ghalib Il-Allah "There is no Conqueror but Allah"

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:21 PM (#19) User is offline   adnanghurabaa 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

View Postqalam, on 14 December 2010 - 12:55 AM, said:

salam<br/><br/>i wish to ask what the stance of imam ahmed bin hanbal alay rahmath was ragarding yazid.<br/><br/>I have read in the following book that imam ahmed did not support the view of cursing yazid<br/><br/>The 4 imams ad their works by G F Hadaad<br/><br/>Page 394 - 295<br/><br/>i can scan and send the book page to you - from my personal library<br/><br/>dr aq

Salaam

Okay, lets get one thing straight, there are many Yazeeds. From what I have heard from my teacher is the following:

Muawwiyah radiyallahu anhu had a brother who was called Yazeed who was also a sahabi. This man may Allah be pleased with him was pious and if I remeber correctly was a governor of shaam for a while. Muawwiyah radiyallahu anhu named his son Yazeed and it was this Yazeed that deserves to be cursed.

Imam Ahmed bin Hannbal actually puts a fatwah of kufr on this Yazeed but if you read his other works, he praises Yazeed radiyallahu anhu (the brother of Muawiyah radiyallahu anhu). It is this confusion that has led to some people praiseing the the yazeed responsible for the events of Karbala.

Many Ulama have put the fatwa of kufr on that Yazeed (he was not a sahabi) and many have said he was a faasiq and at the the very least there is ijmaa on the later point.

I remember shaykh Asrar did a talk on this topic and he had all the relevant books with him.

Further to this, It can be that a pious person has a wretched son and the sin is not on the father. Musa alayhi salaam for example, his son did not accept the religion of his father. The ambiyaa alayhum salaam are sinless, using this analogy you can not blame Muawiyyah radiyallahu anhu for his sons sins.

Also the son of Yazeed, the one who deserves to be cursed, died his son took the caliph and foremostly denounced his father and if i remeber correctly said that the caliph was meant to be for Hussain radiyallahu anhu and he left the position of caliph. This just goes to show the sons state is not always the same as the fathers.

Regards
Adnan

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:00 AM (#20) User is offline   Ashtari 

• New Moon
  • Pip

The Beloved Messenger of Allah [sal Allahu 'alaihi wa alihi wa sallam] said, in a mutawatir Hadith:

???? ??? ???? ?? ????

Husain is from me, and I am from Husain

I don't understand why people have to complicate the Din, it really is not rocket science.

@ Brother Mudassar Rana, Allah bless you bro. Your comment brought the overpowering weight of truth.
Haidariam, Qalandaram, Mastam

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options
  Or sign in with these services