Spirit Of Islam: Rooh of deceased visits home for 40 days? - Spirit Of Islam

Icon Important Announcement!

Like us on facebook!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Rooh of deceased visits home for 40 days?

Posted 25 July 2010 - 12:13 PM (#1) User is offline   Abusanaa 

• New Moon
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Assalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wabarakaatuh

Brothers in Islam,

I would be grateful if you could enlighten me on the following matter.

During an isale-thawaab gathering, a Maulana explained to us thatACCORDING TO HADITH, the rooh of the deceased comes from the graveyardto her house everyday, yearning for isale thawaab from her family. Hesaid the rooh does this for 40 days, which is why people makegatherings of zikr and tilawat for 40 days, and hence chaliswan.

He explained that if the family is doing nothing for the deceased, therooh knocks at the door (which no one hears of course) and on gettingno answer returns empty-handed to her graves. Other arwaah ask it aboutthe reason of its sadness and it remains silent in shame. But if herfamily is doing isale thawab, then it assists the gathering and goesback to her grave happy.

All I want is the text of the hadith(s) and their references. Alsoplease inform me if they do not exist. I only want to know so that myheart finds peace. May Allah reward you and bless you.

Wassalaam

Posted 25 July 2010 - 01:43 PM (#2) User is offline   Imran. 

• Full Moon
  • PipPipPipPipPip

It is stated in Khazaanat-ul-Riwaayat that Hazrat Ibn Abbas (radi Allahu anhu) narrated that, "When the days of Eid, Jumma and Shab-e-Baraat appear, the departed souls (of Muslims) come and stand at the doors of their homesteads and cry out, 'Is there anyone here that thinks of me? Is there anyone here that will have mercy on me? Is there anyone here that thinks of my poor state (in the Hereafter)?

Jumma starts on thursday after maghrib,so people use this hadith to convey easale sawab on thursaday nights(although friday day would posibly be jus a good).

Keep in mind that even though this a weak hadith one can still follow weak hadith for  fazail e amal ( virtue through acts/deeds) according to muhadditheen,as long as its not made into farz or wajib or forced upon people.

Yes its a good(mustahab) amal,but not sinful or disliked if not done.

Posted 31 August 2010 - 05:15 AM (#3) User is offline   nazeem 

• New Moon
  • Pip

As Salaamu Alaikum

If there is hadith that corroborates this, then it is so. However there are many practises that are believed by muslims, especially of indian origin. This could have its roots in the combining of Indian cultural practise/beliefs and Islam....

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options
  Or sign in with these services