Results of a recent YouGov poll (2152 adults):
- 58% of people associate Islam with extremism.
- 50% with terrorism.
- 13% Islam is a religion of peace.
- 6% Islam is a religion of justice.
- More than 40% disagreed Muslims have had a positive impact on British society.
- Up to 70% agreed Islam encourages the repression of women.
- Less than 20% agreed Islam promotes fairness and equality.
I think the poll results are worrying and we need to something to bridge the gap otherwise hatred and and ill-feeling . Hope the Ad campain changes people's views I think Londoners are a bit more open-minded. Clearly we need to do more to present the true message of Islam to the masses what are our Ahle Sunnah scholars doing about this?
Inspired by Muhammad: