• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Taqleed Issues

Posted 11 March 2010 - 03:41 PM (#1) User is offline   Muhsin786 

• New Moon
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

As Salamu 'alaikum

I wanted to inquire and observe the opinions of the intellectuals of Yanabi.com regarding some issues Taqleed may cause. The questions are just random, and may at the end of it make no genuine sense, but since I have them in my mind, I thought maybe the questions could be corrected or answered by people or other relevant previous threads.

The Quranic verse 2:228 talks about quru, to which Imam Al-Sha'fi says is three period of tuhr and Imam Abu Hanifah says three period of Haiz. Now lets take an example, that if a Sha'fi man says to his Hanafi wife one divorce (Raj'i) in tuhr. He has three tuhr periods to take her back while according to her maslak, the third period of haiz finishes before the the third tuhur. And thus for her the marriage is finished in the 3rd haiz, if he does not take her back or takes her back in the third tuhr. SO what should be the real action? Is it fine for her to go back to her husband, despite her maslak's opinion on this matter.

Lets the second example, if a man touches his wife, according to Shafis his wudu is broken. So if the husband is hanafi and wife shafis. And if the husband touches the wife, is it fine for her to pray Salah behind him despite knowing that his wudu is broken?

Sorry for the long post, and if my questions do not make sense then please let me know. Jazakallah

Ya Rabbi Inni As'aluka bi Haqqi Muhammadin An Taghfirali

Posted 11 April 2010 - 07:30 AM (#2) User is offline   Kamrul 

• New Moon
  • Pip
  • Group: Banned

Assalamualikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatu,

All question Answers from Qibla Shah saab will be on www.Kanj*rT*lk.co.uk.

Also visit http://www.haqchaary...net/index2.html

Allah Hafez,
Mohammed Kamrul Hassan
I am suuni muslim

Posted 11 April 2010 - 09:11 AM (#3) User is offline   ira00 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

As-salamu 'alaykum,

Regarding the two questions: The first has been elaborately discussed in some works of comparative fiqh. I don't recall the details (as I am utterly disinterested in divorce), and can look them up if need be, but the key principle is always that the madhhab of the enacter is applied for the ruling. Hence, if he gives the divorce as a Shafi'i, the divorce is given on the conditions and modalities of the Shafi'i madhhab. Likewise, if he is praying as a Hanafi, his wudu is required to be intact according to the Hanafi madhhab only (the mixing of madhahib in matters which correlate, as wudu and salah, or within the same action is called talfiq and is not permitted). By the way, your second question doesn't make sense, in that it is the Shafi'i lady who is no longer in wudu: the question of following her husband in prayer does not arise--she has broken her own wudu!

Posted 22 December 2011 - 05:44 PM (#4) User is offline   Khalid_the_Warrior 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Brother who told you to follow any imam, its your choice and if someone follow someone its thier choice and i see nothing wrong with it as long as what they follow does not preach them anything against the shariah.

Some follow Imana Abu Hanifa ra, Imam Shafi's ra or Imam Malik and some follow Imam Bukhari ra.

Repentance is a strange mount -
it jumps towards heaven in a single moment from the lowest place

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options
  Or sign in with these services