• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

eating prashad is haram ???

Posted 15 January 2010 - 10:39 AM (#21) User is offline   diwanisarkarki 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Sister Nur (14.01.2010)
From what my understanding is from speaking to a scholar it is makrooh, not haram but best avoided.

And Allah knows best.

makrooh???

Assalato Wassalamo Alaika Yarasool Allah, Sallalaho Alaihi Wa Alaihi Wasalllam

Posted 15 January 2010 - 10:54 AM (#22) User is offline   GunmetalGrey 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip

zarqa (15.01.2010)

Sister Nur (14.01.2010)
From what my understanding is from speaking to a scholar it is makrooh, not haram but best avoided.

And Allah knows best.

makrooh???

Disliked or highly discouraged act. :)

And we're not supposed to asscioate ourselves with the mushrikeen apart from da'wah, so do your stomach (and blood pressure) a favour and avoid, wallahu3lam.
[b]Wa Salla Rabbunna fi kulli heenen, wa sallama bil gho dou wa bil asseli, ala Tahal Basheer bikulli Khairen, Khitamol Rasuli wal hadi - thalilili...[b]
And our lord prays (grants his blessings) at all times, and offers peace (salam) at sunset and sunrise, to the messenger who bought in good tidings, the seal of the prophets, the guide, the leader...

Posted 19 January 2010 - 03:32 AM (#23) User is offline   zahir-b 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip

Salam Alaikum Sister Zarqa,

prashad? as i have a dearly loved uncle  (in this world, unfortunately not blood related) who are hindu's (InshALLAH, ALLAH SWT make them and  all his family accept the Sahadah, InshALLAH   AMEEN)  AMEEN SUMMA AMEEN.    we also who have family freinds who are hindus i think what you should do is ask them (politely) if the sweet (mithai - prashad etc) has been sprinkled with ghai matta's flushed insides hehehe, if the answer is yes then you obviously but kindly refuse their offer(ing) - they will InshALLAH understand and if they say no (not been unhygenically cleansed, ooh thankgod) then you have a choice of accepting or not.  you can accept it and being (makrooh) you can either eat it or better give them a kiss on their forehead (as long as their same sex as you i.e female)  and feed them with the prasad that they gave you, InshALLAH.  (but make sure you feed them the whole prashad lol)  joking aside - you will create luv for them towards you, InshALLAH

look at it this way atleast it wont be a meat product!  but make sure whether its sprinkled with the urine or not,  if it is you decline their offer  and if its not then you have a choice -but try not to decieve them by accepting and then throwing it away,  hope you understand wot i mean, dear SiStEr  CooL  ..... may ALLAH SWT forgive our shortcomings

Posted 19 January 2010 - 05:17 AM (#24) User is offline   diwanisarkarki 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip

zahir b (19.01.2010)
Salam Alaikum Sister Zarqa,

prashad? as i have a dearly loved uncle  (in this world, unfortunately not blood related) who are hindu's (InshALLAH, ALLAH SWT make them and  all his family accept the Sahadah, InshALLAH   AMEEN)  AMEEN SUMMA AMEEN.    we also who have family freinds who are hindus i think what you should do is ask them (politely) if the sweet (mithai - prashad etc) has been sprinkled with ghai matta's flushed insides hehehe, if the answer is yes then you obviously but kindly refuse their offer(ing) - they will InshALLAH understand and if they say no (not been unhygenically cleansed, ooh thankgod) then you have a choice of accepting or not.  you can accept it and being (makrooh) you can either eat it or better give them a kiss on their forehead (as long as their same sex as you i.e female)  and feed them with the prasad that they gave you, InshALLAH.  (but make sure you feed them the whole prashad lol)  joking aside - you will create luv for them towards you, InshALLAH

look at it this way atleast it wont be a meat product!  but make sure whether its sprinkled with the urine or not,  if it is you decline their offer  and if its not then you have a choice -but try not to decieve them by accepting and then throwing it away,  hope you understand wot i mean, dear SiStEr  CooL  ..... may ALLAH SWT forgive our shortcomings

walaikum salaam bro Zahir.

Ameen Ameen Thumma Amin...

actually bro i used to eat the prashad in uni time , one of my classmete never came in the class without prashad and i ate each and every prashad that he brought  and if i say "no" to him then he would say "she gone crazy now", but inshallah i would tell him the reason and plus bro zahir i cannot kiss his forehead coz he is male, :(   ;) 

waisay bhi i dont need to create luv coz they love me  ;) :D

Assalato Wassalamo Alaika Yarasool Allah, Sallalaho Alaihi Wa Alaihi Wasalllam

Posted 19 January 2010 - 12:23 PM (#25) User is offline   technocore 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip
  • View blog

Quite interesting, our Master (sawaw) spend a considerable time of his life in Makkah among idolaters. Did he use to eat food with them, before declaration of Prophet hood. I mean its normal when you live among a people to share food etc. A query ?
- The most favorable friend to me is that who shows me my flaws -

Posted 19 January 2010 - 12:46 PM (#26) User is offline   Chisti-Lover 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

I was told some prashad has cows urine in it aswell, or is that something else:ermm:

Posted 08 July 2011 - 06:29 PM (#27) User is offline   piara-madinah 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

I dont think they mind if politely told them we not allowed to eat the parshaad , what rule apply if they buy ready packed food and distribute still need to say no.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options
  Or sign in with these services