• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

eating prashad is haram ???

Posted 14 January 2010 - 06:38 AM (#1) User is offline   diwanisarkarki 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Salam alaikum everyone

can we muslim supposed to eat the prashad? some of my friends give me to eat but i dont know that it is prashad or just like other sweet, i try to avoid it but someitme i eat...hope to hear soon from u guys...

jazakallah khairan

Assalato Wassalamo Alaika Yarasool Allah, Sallalaho Alaihi Wa Alaihi Wasalllam

Posted 14 January 2010 - 09:31 AM (#2) User is offline   Husayni 

• Full Moon
  • Group: Moderators

zarqa (14.01.2010)
Salam alaikum everyone

can we muslim supposed to eat the prashad?

jazakallah khairan

What is prashad?
YaNabi Team

If you want to understand the Qur'an you go to Ahlul Bayt, if you want to understand Ahlul Bayt you go to the Qur'an.

Shaykh Sayyid Muhammad bin Yahya Al-Ninowy Al Husayni

Posted 14 January 2010 - 09:56 AM (#3) User is offline   Imran. 

• Full Moon
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Its haraam,as its an offering to the false Hindu deities  or possibly the sikh guru granth book.

Posted 14 January 2010 - 10:08 AM (#4) User is offline   diwanisarkarki 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip

Muhammad Al-Husayni (14.01.2010)

zarqa (14.01.2010)
Salam alaikum everyone

can we muslim supposed to eat the prashad?

jazakallah khairan

What is prashad?

prashaad is sweet it may be home made or available in the market usually hindus keep it at the time of pooja or prayer.as  some of the muslims keep sweet at the time of niyaz or fatiha (sorry dont know the difference b/w fatiha and niyaz)

Posted 14 January 2010 - 11:04 AM (#5) User is offline   SikandarB 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

Imran. (14.01.2010)
Its haraam,as its an offering to the false Hindu deities  or possibly the sikh guru granth book.

How does a banana or an apple that may have been kept near an idol or chanted some recital on it become haram?

Sikandar!

It's not who I am underneath, but what I *do* that defines me – (Batman Begins)

Posted 14 January 2010 - 11:28 AM (#6) User is offline   Imran. 

• Full Moon
  • PipPipPipPipPip

sikandarB (14.01.2010)

Imran. (14.01.2010)

How does a banana or an apple that may have been kept near an idol or chanted some recital on it become haram?

Sikandar!

There is a clear difference in merely being near to an idol and that of it being dedicated to the idol as an offering of thanks(prashad)

Its the acceptance of such an offering that becoms haram to partake in,as you are accepting/endorsing it and the intention behind it(idol worship etc).

Posted 14 January 2010 - 11:32 AM (#7) User is offline   Sunni-Soldier-Of-Islam 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned

Imran. (14.01.2010)

sikandarB (14.01.2010)

Imran. (14.01.2010)
Its haraam,as its an offering to the false Hindu deities or possibly the sikh guru granth book.

Sikandar!

There isa clear difference in merely being near to an idol and that of it being dedicated to the idol as an offering of thanks(prashad)

Its the acceptance of such an offering that becoms haram to partake in,as you are accepting/endorsingit and the intention behind it(idol worship etc).

100% correct Imran bahi...

Posted 14 January 2010 - 11:43 AM (#8) User is offline   diwanisarkarki 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip

personaly i think it should be avoided as much as possible coz hindus may also use urine of cow...most of the hindus dont use it 

one of my friend gave some prashad but i dint eat but i kept it somewhere but i was feeling bad coz its a rizk, and thats the reason im confused to eat it or not  

Posted 14 January 2010 - 12:27 PM (#9) User is offline   SikandarB 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

Imran. (14.01.2010)
[There is a clear difference in merely being near to an idol and that of it being dedicated to the idol as an offering of thanks(prashad)

Its the acceptance of such an offering that becoms haram to partake in,as you are accepting/endorsing it and the intention behind it(idol worship etc).

So accepting something that anyone offers you implies an automatic endorsement of his views?

By the way endorsement of his intention and views would imply kufr, why make it haram?

Sikandar!

It's not who I am underneath, but what I *do* that defines me – (Batman Begins)

Posted 14 January 2010 - 12:45 PM (#10) User is offline   Imran. 

• Full Moon
  • PipPipPipPipPip

sikandarB (14.01.2010)

By the way endorsement of his intention and views would imply kufr, why make it haram?

Isnt kufr haram(forbidden) too?

PS Lets not turn this into linguistic volleying(as i have not the time), just lookup/study the levels and manifestations of haram in shariah.

Posted 14 January 2010 - 02:45 PM (#11) User is offline   Desert-Sheikh 

• Administrator
  • View blog
  • Group: Administrators

zarqa (14.01.2010)

i was feeling bad coz its a rizk, and thats the reason im confused toeat it or not

Give it to any Devbandis in your area, according to their Imam Rashid Ahmad Gangohi, it is Jaiz (Fataw Rashidia).
Administrator
YaNabi Team

-What is it to make you wonder, if I roam the desert waste?
Not all those who wander are lost!

Posted 14 January 2010 - 04:30 PM (#12) User is offline   HAQ-CHAAR-YAAR 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

Desert Sheikh (14.01.2010)

zarqa (14.01.2010)

i was feeling bad coz its a rizk, and thats the reason im confused toeat it or not

Give it to any Devbandis in your area, according to their Imam Rashid Ahmad Gangohi, it is Jaiz (Fataw Rashidia).

COOL:cool:;)
Signature reset by YaNabi Team. Keep it nice and SHORT.

Posted 14 January 2010 - 05:04 PM (#13) User is offline   qalam 

• Full Moon
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Desert Sheikh (14.01.2010)

zarqa (14.01.2010)

salam

a poor response

sajid

Dr AQ- Product of a classcial education , fee paying of course!

Posted 14 January 2010 - 05:11 PM (#14) User is offline   Fading-Light 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip

It is forbidden to eat Prashad as Brother Imran has stated. Hindu's pass the food out because they believe it has blessings and good fortune after being offered to their gods. The following Ayah speaks of accepting such foods.

'Eat not of (meats) on which Allah's name hath not been pronounced: That would be impiety. But the evil ones ever inspire their friends to contend with you if ye were to obey them, ye would indeed be Pagans' (Qur'an 6:121)

Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu alaihi wassallam)
"Kindness is a mark of faith, and whoever is not kind has no faith."
Sahih Muslim

"The proof of a Muslim's sincerity is, that he pays no heed to that, which is not his business."
Tirmidhi

Posted 14 January 2010 - 05:18 PM (#15) User is offline   arabspyder 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

Fading Light (14.01.2010)
It is forbidden to eat Prashad as Brother Imran has stated. Hindu's pass the food out because they believe it has blessings and good fortune after being offered to their gods. I have heard that the following reference from the Qur'an speaks of accepting such foods.

'Eat not of (meats) on which Allah's name hath not been pronounced: That would be impiety. But the evil ones ever inspire their friends to contend with you if ye were to obey them, ye would indeed be Pagans' (Qur'an 6:121)

its funny how they offer it to their so called gods and it isn't accepted as the gods don't eat or cant eat it
“The ink of the scholar is more sacred than the blood of the martyr”

Posted 14 January 2010 - 07:41 PM (#16) User is offline   ali01 

• New Moon
  • Pip

I think as a muslim you should accept it and when the person is away from you then throw it outside in the nature. Because my opinion says that you have to show your behaviour in good manner, maybe then the hindu will get more interested in islam .

zagham
i love ahle sunnah wal jamaat

Posted 14 January 2010 - 10:01 PM (#17) User is offline   Sister-Nur-Husayn 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

From what my understanding is from speaking to a scholar it is makrooh, not haram but best avoided.

And Allah knows best.

<BR>Unfortunate is he who cannot gain a few sincere friends during his life and more unfortunate is the one who has gained them and lost them (through his deeds) - Sayyidina Ali</P><P><BR>www.ihsanpath.com <BR>www.alhaqq.net

Posted 14 January 2010 - 10:30 PM (#18) User is offline   parvez80 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

What about food kept for fatheha ?

how they differ ?
---

Posted 14 January 2010 - 10:32 PM (#19) User is offline   Masooma 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

Interesting topic..

What if you have friends who are hindus and you interact with them on a regular basis? There have been countless times when I have been over at her house and once or twice her mother has offered me these "holy offerings." Obviously I can not refuse on her face. What should the course of action be in such a situation?

Posted Image

Hadith: "La Haula Wala Quwwata illa bIllahil'aliyyil azeem" is such a great medicine that it cures every disease and the most minor disease it cures is "Sorrow" (Gham)

Posted 15 January 2010 - 10:38 AM (#20) User is offline   diwanisarkarki 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip

Masooma (14.01.2010)
Interesting topic..

What if you have friends who are hindus and you interact with them on a regular basis? There have been countless times when I have been over at her house and once or twice her mother has offered me these "holy offerings." Obviously I can not refuse on her face. What should the course of action be in such a situation?

simple sister dont go at her house thats what i do so that i can avoid eating prashad sort of thing. Another reason that i avoid going to her house is that hindu people do some sort of vodoo, totka and utara especially on their festivals like diwali and holi.so its better not to go there...

i have a hindu friend, its been five year of our friendship and i never been to her house and she came almost in every 3-4 months or so and she says you never come to my home and as always my answer is yaar what would i do at ur home , the thing is we meet and where do we meet is not a matter, then she doesnt say anything...

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options
  Or sign in with these services