Posted 08 September 2009 - 01:53 PM (#1) User is offline   qalam 

• Full Moon
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Members

Assalamu alaykum

What is the difference in the above two types of deobandi

sajid

Dr AQ- Product of a classcial education , fee paying of course!

Posted 15 September 2009 - 10:09 PM (#2) User is offline   dubaiguy 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

Salam u alaikum,

I first came to know of these terms from a Sunni Pathan Brother. According to him, Sunni Ulemas and Pirs in NWFP coined these terms to refer to two diffferent groups within deogandiis.

When these deogandiis managed to convert the Sunni Pathans with in the Pashtun belt, many of the Pashtuns though maintained some of the Sunni practices of their ancestors meaning they never became true deogandiis but rather 50-50. Although certain Pashtuns do pray behind deogandiis due to unavailaibility of Sunni Mosques in certain areas, they also assosciate themselves with the Tablighi Jamaat but inside they have retained certain Sunni practices despised by the deogandiis. Like almost all the Pashtuns visit Mazaars, wear Taweez although they call themselves or assosciate themselves with deogandiis. All Pashtuns do Khatam for the deceased. It is a normal practice amongst them to do it on the 3rd day, 40th and a year after the death. Notice those who do it still call themselves deogandiis and have some sort of affection for the tablighis. Many Pashtuns celebrate Milad not necessarily by way of Jaloos and all but by giving charity, niyaaz. All these practices are deemed Kufr by the deogandiis.

Hence mamati deogandiis are those who have not become 100% deogandiis but rather a mixture of Sunnism and deogandiism. Hayati deogandiis are 100% ones similar to the ones found in Punjab and elsewhere. That is why I always stress, Sunnism and its remnants are very well alive within Pashtuns though their mosques might not be Sunni. These kafirans most commonly knows as taliban have tried to destroy such culture so that these 50-50 ones become the 100%

Posted 15 September 2009 - 11:21 PM (#3) User is offline   dubaiguy 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

Salam u alaikum,

Mamatis include the following :

All deogandiis including the tablighi jammat.

Can someone mention the name of any hayati deogandii scholar? I have not seen any.

Posted 15 September 2009 - 11:50 PM (#4) User is offline   Moslem-Male 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip

dubaiguy (15.09.2009)
Salam u alaikum,

Mamatis include the following :

All deogandiis including the tablighi jammat.

Can someone mention the name of any hayati deogandii scholar? I have not seen any.

Muhammad Zakariyyah Khandelwi (rh)

Moulana Tariq Jameel i think is a hayati

Live Like Ali. Die Like Hussain. Allahumma salli ‘ala Sayyidina Muhammadin wa ‘ala Ahli Muhammadan wa Sahbihi wa sallim.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options
  Or sign in with these services