• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Anxiety/ panic attacks

Posted 23 August 2009 - 04:01 AM (#1) User is offline   Irrational 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Assalamu Alaikum and Ramdhaan Mubarak to all

Just writing this message to see if anyone can help me in my situation, and advice at all would be much appreciated.

Basically I'm 20 years old and alhamdulillah I have had no health problems in the past, however about four months ago I had a panic attack at university, and I was unaware of this at the time. I felt as though I was having a heart attack and like I was going to die. My heart was racing, my head was spinning and it was certainly a very uncomfortable experience. Thinking of this as a one off, I left it at that.

Before my exams, I had the same experience again, and I told my dad to take me to A&E who took an ECG and said everything was okay- it was probably due to exam stress. Subsequent to this I failed my exams as it really knocked the wind out of my sails.

Since then I have visited the GP about four or five times and he's assured me nothing's wrong (took blood tests and another ECG- all normal) and it's all psychological. But the frequency of these episodes has increased through time, and it's really worrying and depressing me, I feel as if something is seriously wrong with me when there isn't; and it's taking over my life.

For example, during the past three days my heart has been racing non stop and it gets worse everytime I think about it. I also get tight chest pains and it really worries me. Despite the doctor's assurances I don't feel safe as these episodes come randomly and at any time. Also, because of this I have trouble sleeping as my heart is literally hammering away and I fear that something bad may happen if I fall asleep.

So my question to you dear brothers and sisters is how can I stop this from happening, and how do I overcome the problem? Has anyone experienced anything similar? Are there any wazaifs that I can pray?

Sorry for the long post, I congratulate you on getting this far and any advice at all will be much appreciated.

Finally, please remember me in your duas this Ramdhaan that I overcome these problems, that they go away and I make a full recovery.

Wassallaam.

Posted 23 August 2009 - 04:23 AM (#2) User is offline   sufiabdullah 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

Assalamu 'Alaykum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

ASALATU WASALAMU ALAYKA YA RASULLALLAH Salla Allahu ta'ala 'alayhi wa Sallam

May Allah (azza wa jall) bless you with good health, Ameen.

Brother Recite lots of darood and also La hawla wa la quwwata illa billahil aliyyil azeem.

This dua contains the cure for 99 illnessess, of which the least is anxiety and depression.

Ramadan mubarak to you.
YA madad Ya Sheikh Abdul Qadir al Jilani Ya madad

Posted 23 August 2009 - 05:47 AM (#3) User is offline   zahir-b 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip

salams,

sorry to hear about your panic attacks, may ALLAH SWT InshALLAH cure all your problems and take your panic attacks and anxiety away forever.  the above two posts are exellent sources to your problems and also reciting Surah RAHMAN is a very good Surah to be read and blown over a glass of water/milk and to drink it atleast once a week.   whenever you can recite Durood Sharif over your heart i.e recite plenty of Durood and once happy with yourself blow them over your heart. hope you understand what i mean.  what ever you do, do not get hooked on prescription drugs please. 

InshALLAH you will get better and cured, u'll c:P

Posted 23 August 2009 - 07:29 AM (#4) User is offline   Abdul-Mustafa 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

Assalam u Alaikum,

Brother, you said:

"For example, during the past three days my heart has been racing non stop and it gets worse everytime I think about it."

Then don't think about it my dear and it won't get worse! Masha ALLAH! Beautiful Wazaif have been told by our brothers. Also try to consult a psychologist.

Try not to sleep on your left side (posture in which your left arm would come under your body and right arm above the body) because this puts stress on your heart and may cause problems in heartbeats. Similarly, when you sleep, try not to put your hand(s) on your chest.

Have your faith in Allah Almighty! Recite Durood Shareef! Relax! Insha ALLAH, everything will get fine!

Wa-Salam,
Rashid

Islam - The way of life!

http://mydeskhutch.blogspot.com/

Posted 23 August 2009 - 08:13 AM (#5) User is offline   Mohammad-Mustafa 

• New Moon
  • Pip

Assalam-o-alaikum brother/sister.

The best thing to do is to not think about it. The more you think about it the more it will happen. I know this because I have been through a similar experience. By thinking about it all you're doing is making yourself panic even more and that in turn makes your heart race even more. It's a vicious cycle.

I went through an episode where my heart would start to race but at the same time it would skip beats. The feeling was very scary. I went to A & E a couple of times and had ECG's done and was told that everything was ok but I was still not convinced. I bought a heart rate monitor and was constantly monitoring my heart rate. Whenever I saw my heart rate going up on the monitor I would panic and that caused my heart rate to go up even more. I think that may be the case with you too.

A peer came to our house and told me that whenever I get the attacks I should place my index finger of my right hand on my heart and recite the ayah: "Alaa bidhikrillaahi taTma-innul quloob" (Verily, in the remembrance of Allâh do hearts find rest), (Surah 13: Verse 28).

I did that and Alhamdulillah the panic attacks stopped. I still get the missing heartbeats from time to time but as long as I don't think about them I rarely feel them.

So you could do what the peer told me and Inshallah that will stop them. But you must also try not to think about it. When it happens try to do something to get your mind off it.

I hope what I have written helps and pray that you get well very quickly.

Posted 23 August 2009 - 05:35 PM (#6) User is offline   YoungBrother 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip
  • Group: Banned

I think you should take some time, go on holiday, go out with friends, relax for a few days, do something that gets your mind off things. Don't worry about exams, don't worry at all, all this material world can go in the blink of an eye. InshAllah you will return to your normal self.
The greatest Jihad is to speak a word of justice against an oppressive ruler! 

Posted 23 August 2009 - 06:02 PM (#7) User is offline   s4mr4h_78 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip

Asalamu alaikum sister,

Try this:

Start and end in darood sharif, do dam on water, bath with for 7 days. (preferred)

REMEDY FOR DEPRESSION/ANXIETY etc

PARA 29
Surah Mulk - from (after 2) Farj-el-basra minfathoor TO wa howa kaseer (3) X7

end of Surah Qalm - Wa in yakid dulazina kafaru TO Lamjoon (bout half line) X7

Surah Ikhlaas x7
Surah Falaq x7
Surah Anaas x7

Blow over water. inshaAllah cured.

This wadheefa and ijazah was given by Shaykh Ahmed Tijani

Is this SHORT enough?

Posted 23 August 2009 - 07:26 PM (#8) User is offline   Irrational 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

Assalamu Alaikum, first of all may I say I'm overwhelmed by your words of advice and support. I pray to Allah that he rewards you abundantly for your efforts. Ameen.

Miftah ul Jannah (23.08.2009)

Inspired™ (23.08.2009)

So my question to you dear brothers and sisters is how can I stop this from happening, and how do I overcome the problem? Has anyone experienced anything similar? Are there any wazaifs that I can pray?

Dear bro/sis,

I pray Allah Ta'ala gives you a FULL recovery very soon Insha'Allah Ta'ala. Ameen

A few years back i used to suffer from the same thing. I use to think so much about even the smallest of things and this would trigger my attacks. I had difficulty breathing and i thought i was about to die.

Anyway, I went to doctors, GP, A&E everywhere you name it. I even went to Hakims but no change. I then started to recite Surah Yusuf and i can tell you, Alhamdulilah thuma Alhamdulilah; i have never since had an attack again.

The cause of it was me thinking, most of the time i didnt even know what i was thinking about.

I dont really know what else to say but im sure other users will be able to assist you better. I just thought I would give you my expierence so that you can try it.

Brother Miftah ul Jannah, Jazak Allah khair for your reply. I am shocked to see how similar my situation is to yours. I have tried literally everything and it's taken over my life. However it brings my great comfort in knowing I'm not alone. It's true that it gets worse when I think about it, and I've had great difficulty even praying Taraweeh so far as it just kicks off midway through sometimes. Insha Allah I'll try to recite Surah Yusuf regularly and hopefully I can be cured from this disturbing illness. I am sure it's all in my mind. Dear brother your reply has made my day, Jazak Allah for your duas. :)

sufiabdullah (23.08.2009)
Assalamu 'Alaykum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

ASALATU WASALAMU ALAYKA YA RASULLALLAH Salla Allahu ta'ala 'alayhi wa Sallam

May Allah (azza wa jall) bless you with good health, Ameen.

Brother Recite lots of darood and also La hawla wa la quwwata illa billahil aliyyil azeem.

This dua contains the cure for 99 illnessess, of which the least is anxiety and depression.

Ramadan mubarak to you.

Jazak Allah khair for your reply, I shall try and recite this after every namaz.

zahir b (23.08.2009)
salams,

sorry to hear about your panic attacks, may ALLAH SWT InshALLAH cure all your problems and take your panic attacks and anxiety away forever.  the above two posts are exellent sources to your problems and also reciting Surah RAHMAN is a very good Surah to be read and blown over a glass of water/milk and to drink it atleast once a week.   whenever you can recite Durood Sharif over your heart i.e recite plenty of Durood and once happy with yourself blow them over your heart. hope you understand what i mean.  what ever you do, do not get hooked on prescription drugs please. 

InshALLAH you will get better and cured, u'll c:P

Salam brother Zahir, thanks for your help and advice I will definitely give this a go and hopefully with the barakah of Ramdhaan I'll be cured. And don't worry, I'll try not to get hooked onto prescription drugs Insha Allah :P Jazak Allah khair for your kind duas

Abdul Mustafa (23.08.2009)
Assalam u Alaikum,

Brother, you said:

"For example, during the past three days my heart has been racing non stop and it gets worse everytime I think about it."

Then don't think about it my dear and it won't get worse! Masha ALLAH! Beautiful Wazaif have been told by our brothers. Also try to consult a psychologist.

Try not to sleep on your left side (posture in which your left arm would come under your body and right arm above the body) because this puts stress on your heart and may cause problems in heartbeats. Similarly, when you sleep, try not to put your hand(s) on your chest.

Have your faith in Allah Almighty! Recite Durood Shareef! Relax! Insha ALLAH, everything will get fine!

Wa-Salam,
Rashid

Jazak Allah for your advice brother Abdul Mustafa. It is true that sleeping in certain positions makes it worse, and some nights I constantly hear and feel my heart pounding and thudding away, and that sometimes results in me getting very little sleep. Insha Allah from now on I'll try sleeping on my  right hand side.

You said try not to think about it but brother it's very hard doing this as the anxiety really takes over and it scares me. But Insha Allah, these wazaif have brought a lot of hope into my heart and I'll try to relax more.

YoungBrother (23.08.2009)
I think you should take some time, go on holiday, go out with friends, relax for a few days, do something that gets your mind off things. Don't worry about exams, don't worry at all, all this material world can go in the blink of an eye. InshAllah you will return to your normal self.

Salam brother, unfortunately not much chance of that as I start uni next week! :P Please make dua for me that I return to my normal self sooner rather than later.

...S@Mr4h... (23.08.2009)
Asalamu alaikum sister,

Try this:

Start and end in darood sharif, do dam on water, bath with for 7 days. (preferred)

PARA 29

Surah Ikhlaas x7
Surah Falaq x7
Surah Anaas x7

This wadheefa and ijazah was given by Shaykh Ahmed Tijani

Jazak Allah Khair for your reply sister, I really appreciate it. What do you mean by bath with for 7 days? The water that I have prayed on? And do I repeat this every day? I am willing to try this Insha Allah, with the barakah of this special month I hope I can be relieved of these problems. My life has been awful for the past four months full of anxiety and insecurity, I really hope and pray that I start to feel better and can go back to normality.

P.S. I'm a brother. :D

Finally I'd like to thank everyone who's helped me on this thread, and I will make sure I make dua for you this month; I also pray that Allah grants you the best of both worlds. Ameen.

It really means a lot that there is someone out there to advise me and I can't thank you enough for these replies. :)

Please remember me in your humble duas.

Wassalam.

Posted 24 August 2009 - 01:39 AM (#9) User is offline   Asfoor-ul-Madina 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip

don't worry about it brother, I think you're suffering from vasovagal attack. ask your doctor about it and he/se will tell you more. there's different causes of vasovagal attacks and one of it is stress.

i understand how you feel though, because the doctor told me it can happen at any time, so i kind of just randomly collapse :P (sounds funny but it's not a funny experience :()

the best way around it is to preserve the cause of it and have patience (when your about to faint take nice slow breathes, lie flat, and just think it'll be over in a while). i get it with certain foods, so i don't take a lot of that type of food, maybe you could keep yourself busy and not think abou the exams.

if you have quite a few fainting incidences make sure you have informed your family and friends of what to do in that situation so that they can help you (ask your doctor about it). 

wasalaaam,

Sister

Posted 24 August 2009 - 01:39 AM (#10) User is offline   s4mr4h_78 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip

[quote]Inspired™ (23.08.2009)

[quote]...S@Mr4h... (23.08.2009)
Asalamu alaikum sister,

Try this:

PARA 29

Surah Ikhlaas x7
Surah Falaq x7
Surah Anaas x7

This wadheefa and ijazah was given by Shaykh Ahmed Tijani[/quote]

Jazak Allah Khair for your reply sister, I really appreciate it. What do you mean by bath with for 7 days? The water that I have prayed on? And do I repeat this every day? I am willing to try this Insha Allah, with the barakah of this special month I hope I can be relieved of these problems. My life has been awful for the past four months full of anxiety and insecurity, I really hope and pray that I start to feel better and can go back to normality.

sorry brother, I just assumed you was a sister.... Forgive my assumption pleasee.

Yes, blow over the water after praying the specific ayahs and then bathe with the water you have blown on, even if its a glass worth, spread the water on your body. Yes once a day is fine, recommended for 7 days consequtively.

inshaAllah it'll help you brother

Is this SHORT enough?

Posted 24 August 2009 - 02:40 AM (#11) User is offline   Irrational 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

[quote]Asfoor ul Madina (24.08.2009)
don't worry about it brother, I think you're suffering from vasovagal attack. ask your doctor about it and he/se will tell you more. there's different causes of vasovagal attacks and one of it is stress.

i understand how you feel though, because the doctor told me it can happen at any time, so i kind of just randomly collapse :P (sounds funny but it's not a funny experience :()

the best way around it is to preserve the cause of it and have patience (when your about to faint take nice slow breathes, lie flat, and just think it'll be over in a while). i get it with certain foods, so i don't take a lot of that type of food, maybe you could keep yourself busy and not think abou the exams.

if you have quite a few fainting incidences make sure you have informed your family and friends of what to do in that situation so that they can help you (ask your doctor about it). 

wasalaaam,

Sister[/quote]

Assalamu Alaikum sister, Jazak Allah for your response :)

Your experience sounds a lot similar to mine and I understand completely where you're coming from, but sister I have been to the doctors at least four or five times in the past month and each time I have been dismissed by the doctor who has said 'try not to think about it' or 'it's just exams' - but it's not as simple as that is it? =/

Insha Allah I hope and have confidence in the wazaifs mentioned in this thread that I will get better through the grace of Allah and the waseela of the Beloved Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam.

[quote]...S@Mr4h... (24.08.2009)

[quote]Inspired™ (23.08.2009)

[quote]...S@Mr4h... (23.08.2009)
Asalamu alaikum sister,

Try this:

PARA 29

Surah Ikhlaas x7
Surah Falaq x7
Surah Anaas x7

This wadheefa and ijazah was given by Shaykh Ahmed Tijani[/quote]

sorry brother, I just assumed you was a sister.... Forgive my assumption pleasee.

Yes, blow over the water after praying the specific ayahs and then bathe with the water you have blown on, even if its a glass worth, spread the water on your body. Yes once a day is fine, recommended for 7 days consequtively.

inshaAllah it'll help you brother

[/quote]

It's okay, easy mistake to make :P

That's cleared a lot up, Jazak Allah khair for this sister Samrah, I'll update this thread and let everyone know how it goes. May Allah reward you! Ameen.

I pray to Allah that through the blessings of this month He with his infinite power cures all those who are ill, and forgives the sins of all our Muslim brothers and sisters throughout the world. Ameen.

Posted 26 August 2009 - 07:55 AM (#12) User is offline   Just_Ahsun 

• just_ahsun
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Assalamu alaikum,

I have had similar experiences earlier, ie increased heart beats, but never thought they were related to psychological. To me it seemed that it was due to me being obese back than.

In worse cases, my head used to spin when the beats were too fast so I just used to sit down or lie down and take deep breaths and concentrate fully on inhale and exhale movements. In most cases, this had been effective and used to get my heart beat back to normal.

The reason I used this was I thought it might be due to less oxygen supply (particularly when I was doing some exertion or work) which might have causes a deficiency in brain or soemthing. So I increased my breathing intake until the beats get back to normal.

Hope this helps.

The tranquility of both worlds lies in two things: magnanimity towards friends and the wise management of enemies.

- Hafiz al-Shirazi

Posted 27 August 2009 - 01:41 PM (#13) User is offline   salim_ahmed 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

Inspired™ (23.08.2009)
Assalamu Alaikum and Ramdhaan Mubarak to all

Just writing this message to see if anyone can help me in my situation, and advice at all would be much appreciated.

Basically I'm 20 years old and alhamdulillah I have had no health problems in the past, howeverabout four months ago I had a panic attack at university, and I was unaware of this at the time. I felt as though I was havinga heart attack and like I was going to die. My heart was racing, my head was spinning and it was certainly a very uncomfortable experience. Thinking of this as a one off, I left it at that.

Before my exams, I had the same experience again, and I told my dad to take me to A&E who took an ECG and said everything was okay- it was probably due to exam stress. Subsequent to this I failed my exams as it really knocked the wind out of my sails.

Since then I have visited the GP about four or five times and he's assured me nothing's wrong (took blood tests and another ECG- all normal)and it's all psychological. But the frequency of these episodes has increased through time, and it's really worrying and depressing me, I feel as if something is seriously wrong with me when there isn't; and it's taking over my life.

For example, during the past three days my heart has been racing non stop and it gets worse everytime I think about it. I also get tight chest pains and it really worries me. Despite the doctor's assurances I don't feel safe as these episodes come randomly and at any time. Also, because of this I have trouble sleeping as my heart is literally hammering away and I fear that something bad may happen if I fall asleep.

Sorry for the long post, I congratulate you on getting this far and any advice at all will be much appreciated.

Finally, please remember me in your duas this Ramdhaan that I overcomethese problems, that theygo away and I make a full recovery.

Wassallaam.

Sallams brother

I have had a very similar problem. 6 years ago I was working but took on more work. So instead of relaxing at nights
and at weekends, I was stressed out finishing these extra things

Now this overloaded my head, and I had these funny turn, which in turn made me panic. I quickly went to the doctors, he examined my blood and checked me over.

The blood tests came out perfect. Doctor said "I was a perfectly healthy young man"

After a few days, I had the most scary experience, I was in bed, and my heart started to pound, I couldn't even speak. I manage to tell my wife phone for an ambulance. Just about to phone up, and it slowly went away. Lasted maybe 1min

It was very scary, I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy (not that I have enemies)

Next day, I visisted the doctors again, he told me I had Anxiety, and he gave me pills. Looking at the pills, and their side effects made me even more panicky. I took one and left the rest.

The heart thing happened only once, but it went into my head, that there was something seriously wrong, even after doctors had told me I was perfectly ok

I then started on a long journey for the search for truth. I must have visited the Doctor about 10 times in afew months. I wasn't convinced, I just felt, how can stress cause all this

At our surgery there are different doctors I went to see all of them, with my symptoms, I must have seen 5 different doctors, all said the same. I had an ECG, blood test done, all was perfect.

The heart racing didn't happen again, but I had many other Anxiety related symptoms, I felt uneasy, my legs would turn to jelly. In public places like the town centre, I would find it hard to walk, sometimes my speech would go, i would find it hard to breathe etc

I read loads and loads on the internet. like what foods to eat, what to do when a panic happens this helped me

try reading up on google
hyperventilation, anxiety, panic attacks,breathig techniques. Inshallah you will find some very useful tips

REMEMBER don't think you have sommething else or read other unnecassary medical things, when the doctors have said to you its Anxiety.

Other peoples strories help, in my area suprisingly I have come across many with Anxiety\Stress related sysmptoms. There are many people, close friends and associates who suffer from the exact same thing. There are people i know
who can't attend Masjid to pray etc

things that have helped me when the symptoms come.
Breathing very slowly through nose. Pinching my nose with me fingers, to hold the breath for about 5-10seconds.
One nostril breathing to slow the breathing by placing a finger on one side and breathing from the other.
Breathing from deep in the stomach, known as Diaphragmatic breathing read it up on internet, it will always be next to anxiety.

http://en.wikipedia....matic_breathing

something which helped a lot also is releasing tension, i.e massaging shoulders,feet massage, massage around the spine, back massage. Just do it yourself, if you don't have someone to do it for you. Try reading "progressive muscle relaxation"

the above techniques need to be learnt and practiced, and might not work straightaway.

Ultimately you must relax your mind, and not allow things to set you of. You think bad, your body will tense up, when the body tenses up, you breathe faster, and this is the start of all your symptoms i.e heart racing\palpitations, dizzyness, etc.

It will slowly, slowly go away Inshallah

Your body has become sensitive, it needs to recover, a little input might be trigerring you of. Over time, you will Inshallah improve and become
less sensitive

Inshallah you will learn, and Inshallah it will go away

Dont Worry about the exams. Remember you can always do them again. Convince yourself whats the big deal.

Even if you don't pass, its not the end of the world. Repeat the year.

Many graduates take years to find a suitable job so whats a couple of years more keeping up with study.

Alhamdulillah,think of all those who are less fortunate than you, think how much better of you are than the millions of poor people in Africa/India and around the world etc.

Do plenty of Shukr to Allah Most Merciful, and do plenty of Istighfaar

Keep Praying Ayatul Kursi and the 3 Quls, all throughout the day or maybe morning, afternoon and before going to sleep.

Pray "La-hawla walla quwwata Illa Billahil aleeyeel azeem" regularly

and pray the last 2 Ayats of 25th Sipara regularly. That is the last 2 Ayats of the 45th Surah, thats 45:36 and 45:37

May Allah Most Merciful grant you and the entire Ummah Shifa from all forms of Spiritual and Physical Illnesses, and safeguard us from all forms of fitna.

Posted 27 August 2009 - 04:59 PM (#14) User is offline   Star78692 

• Full Moon
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Bismillah,

Masha Allah ... Great response from brothers and sisters.

Have learned lots of things here. If you can explain what about feeling dizzy at the same time - as someone mentioned less oxygen flowing to the brain?

Are your eating habits same during this stress times?

Just trying to have a better picture of what other things are involved.

Signature reset by YaNabi Team. Keep it nice and SHORT.

Posted 27 August 2009 - 05:51 PM (#15) User is offline   salim_ahmed 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

Star786/92 (27.08.2009)
Bismillah,

Masha Allah ... Great response from brothers and sisters.

Have learned lots of things here. If you can explain what about feeling dizzy at the same time - as someone mentioned less oxygen flowing to the brain?

Are your eating habits same during this stress times?

Just trying to have a better picture of what other things are involved.

This is what I think. When we see something scary, our eyes see it, our brains produces the reaction. We freeze for a moment and then continue, or run away from the situation.

People with stress has a lot of mental activity, which makes them tense. The bad thoughts makes the whole body tense. A tense body will restrict blood flow to various important places, if the blood doesn't reach vital parts of the body, the heart starts to pump faster hence the racy heart.

If the neck and shoulder muscles are heavily tensed, blood flow to the brain is restricted. Hence you might feel dizzy

Doctor advised me to have the shoulders and neck massaged

Think of a water hose pipe, if you constrict the pipe, water will not flow out as easily and smoothly. To get the same flow, you will have to up the water pressure, or release the constriction. This is similar to why the heart increases the pressure, when we get tensed up

Tension restricts blood flow to various parts. Without blood reaching smoothly and freely, then you get all sorts of problems

Indigestion, tingly hands, dizziness, problems breathing, swallowing,confusion etc. When tension is less symptoms are less, on bad days with a lot of tension you get more and harsher symptoms

Allahu Allam

Posted 28 August 2009 - 02:26 AM (#16) User is offline   wahida_hussai 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

In the past i have experienced probs with breathing, i.e breathing but feeling i am not taking in enough air (hope that makes sum sense) and so i went to the docs and suprisingly lol, was told that i was totally healthy. I suppose the reason behind this was sumwat due to stress relating to exams and also because i was uncontiously thinking i am not getting enough air and would panic. So i would advise when you experience your heart rate increasing take deep long breaths and shut everything out- (thinking bwt exams n da like). The advise provided by other brothers and sisters is excellent as usual. Insha-Allah i pray that you get beta very soon. Please remember me in ur duas, JazakAllah.

Posted 28 August 2009 - 03:10 PM (#17) User is offline   sug 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

Salaams i have personally done this wazaif to.

Basically buy a 5ltr gallon of water do dam on it using wazaif stated, stick to similar times either before or after maghrib prayers and use for 7 days. (just so u not missing day)

If you having a shower have usual shower and add some of the dam water maybe into a 'lota' top up with normal water and use this as a  final rinse.  If using bucket in bath just add some dam water to water in  bucket your final rinse.  Just use sort of equally amounts over 7 days in normal water

Hope that makes sense, and helps

Jazkhalla

Posted 29 August 2009 - 06:14 AM (#18) User is offline   qadrimuslim 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip
  • View blog

You are not alone! Many people in their 20s suffer from anxiety attacks and palpitations.. some dont even know it!!

Its always worse at night when you lie quietly in bed.. the sudden rush of lying down causes your heart to beat faster and deeper.. completely normal.. But when you are already 'aware' of your heart beat, this deep beating sounds like a loud drum in your chest:exclamationmark::w00t:

It is hard not to think about it, because you become so paranoid about it! and it feels like your heart might bounce out of your chest.. this can make you fear doing exercise or even sleeping.

As all the brothers and sisters have advised, you need to slow down, do plenty of breathing exercises, try to reduce your stress and read the wazaif.

My personal advise would be to take up a new hobby, join the gym or get a new job. When I started a new job, the excitement alone reduced any anxiety I had.. probably because of a mix of chemicals in the body from excitement [adrenaline] etc. My new job had me so busy that I never had time to sit and stress about the palpitations or anxiety attacks, so they kind of went away themselves.

As I am writing this now, I can feel my heart beat becoming apparent to me, and its feeling a bit jittery, probably because I am thinking about it more, hence becoming 'aware' of it

I took up doing cardio vascular training to get my heart in better shape, mainly for peace of mind.. so try that too.. nothing too strenuous, but light to mid range CV work

Insha Allah - the advice you have received on this forum will bring about a change in the way you 'feel' and think about your heart beat and anxiety in general. I wish there were this many people able to comfort me when I feared the worst! You are very lucky!

Plenty of dhikr ok?

wasalam

"The Sufi Must Submit to the Faqih" - Shaykh Ahmad Zurruq (RA)

Wa-la Ghalib Il-Allah "There is no Conqueror but Allah"

Posted 30 August 2009 - 01:56 AM (#19) User is offline   Irrational 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

qadrimuslim (29.08.2009)
You are not alone! Many people in their 20s suffer from anxiety attacks and palpitations.. some dont even know it!!

Its always worse at night when you lie quietly in bed.. the sudden rush of lying down causes your heart to beat faster and deeper.. completely normal.. But when you are already 'aware' of your heart beat, this deep beating sounds like a loud drum in your chest:exclamationmark::w00t:

It is hard not to think about it, because you become so paranoid about it! and it feels like your heart might bounce out of your chest.. this can make you fear doing exercise or even sleeping.

As all the brothers and sisters have advised, you need to slow down, do plenty of breathing exercises, try to reduce your stress and read the wazaif.

My personal advise would be to take up a new hobby, join the gym or get a new job. When I started a new job, the excitement alone reduced any anxiety I had.. probably because of a mix of chemicals in the body from excitement [adrenaline] etc. My new job had me so busy that I never had time to sit and stress about the palpitations or anxiety attacks, so they kind of went away themselves.

As I am writing this now, I can feel my heart beat becoming apparent to me, and its feeling a bit jittery, probably because I am thinking about it more, hence becoming 'aware' of it

I took up doing cardio vascular training to get my heart in better shape, mainly for peace of mind.. so try that too.. nothing too strenuous, but light to mid range CV work

Insha Allah - the advice you have received on this forum will bring about a change in the way you 'feel' and think about your heart beat and anxiety in general. I wish there were this many people able to comfort me when I feared the worst! You are very lucky!

Plenty of dhikr ok?

wasalam

Assalamu Alaikum

Alhamdulillah thumma Alhamdulillah I feel privileged that I have such fantastic support on YaNabi.com. I would like to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your pieces of advice and support. Insha Allah, I will be making dua for all of you during Ramdhaan. :)

Masha Allah brother QadriMuslim, you seem to have put exactly what was going through my head during these panic attacks into word form, and like many other brothers and sisters that have participated in this thread have a very good idea of what I was going through.

All praise is due to Allah that since I started this thread and after following various advice from you brothers and sisters I've only had one mild panic attack so far, and Alhamdulillah I am getting better at controlling myself during these episodes, and it is all thanks to you! I start uni next week and Insha Allah I hope it stays this way (please make dua for me). I will try my best to keep up doing the wasaifs and the zikr Insha Allah.

Another bit of literature I found on the net which was helpful was on the following website:

http://www.outlooksw...ess_anxiety.pdf

I urge anyone with the same problems as me to give this a read insha Allah, it is very informative and it's published by the NHS. It'll also give you exercises to go through and will allow you to relax when you're going through these disturbing periods.

I pray to Allah that he showers mercy on the members of YaNabi.com - I'll update this thread again in a few months to let you know how I'm getting on. :D

Remember me in your humble duas.

Your brother in Islam.

Posted 30 August 2009 - 06:34 PM (#20) User is offline   salim_ahmed 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

http://www.outlooksw...ess_anxiety.pdf

Jazakallah, the above document is very good, which was posted in the previous post by brother Inspired

Keep doing plenty of Zikrullah.

May Allah Most Merciful grant the entire Ummah Shifa from all forms of Spiritual and Physical Illnesses, and safeguard us from all forms of fitna.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options
  Or sign in with these services