Spirit Of Islam: Can MUSLIM men wear solid gold diamond watches - Spirit Of Islam

Icon Important Announcement!

Like us on facebook!

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Can MUSLIM men wear solid gold diamond watches I am talking about just watches nothing else.

Posted 13 July 2009 - 01:03 AM (#1) User is offline   Haidarium 

• New Moon
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Is there any scholar who can share his Islamic knowledge and let me know please. I have already asked a few scholars and their answers were in consistant.

One said its ok as long as its white gold another said its ok in any colour. Lastly I have seen fatwa on the net that gold was haraam for men to wear apart from buttons and cuff-links.

Can anyone prove it from the Holy Quran / Hadith or any fatwas on this from our aulemas.

Thank you

Ba`ad un Nabi Basheer un Nazeera - Moulana Rumi (ra)

Posted 13 July 2009 - 02:08 AM (#2) User is offline   seeker 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

It is important to understand that the basis of good and bad is Divine: the good is what Allah has deemed good; the bad that which Allah has deemed bad. The role of the intellect regarding good and bad is to understand and fulfill the Divine Command. [ See below]

The second point to understand that all the Commands of Allah are for the ultimate good of humans. This good is either worldly or next-worldly, or both. Normally, the benefit of rulings is evident to all; sometimes, it is only evident to those of understanding. When the benefit or wisdom is not immediately evident, one believes that there is benefit, at least in the next life by fulfilling the command of Allah and eternal reward in the next life. [As explained by Izz al-Din Ibn Abd al-Salam in his Qawa`id al-Kubra]

Allah tells us:

016.090 Lo! Allah enjoins justice and kindness, and giving to kinsfolk, and forbids lewdness and abomination and wickedness. He exhorts you in order that you may take heed.

The spirit of the Shariah with regards to needs and comforts is summed up in the Qur�an,

�He has not placed any hardship for you in religion,� (22: 87)

And,

�God does not seek to place a burden on you, but that He purify you and perfect His grace upon you, that you may give thanks.� (5: 6)

Women and Gold

It is permitted for women to adorn themselves with gold jewelry, �by scholarly consensus, because of rigorously authenticated (sahih) hadiths,� as Imam Nawawi (Allah have mercy on him) states. [ al-Majmu`, 4.327, Muniriyya ed.]

These include:

The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him and give him peace) saying, �Gold and silk has been permitted for the women of my community (umma), and forbidden for its men.� [Ahmad, Nasa�i, and Tirmidhi, who deemed it rigorously authenticated (sahih); this has been related in more than 8 chains of transmission, which confirm each other]

Men and Gold

The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him and give him peace) said, �Whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day should not wear silk or gold.� [Ahmad, with a sound chain of narration]

The Beloved of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) also said, �Whoever of my community dies wearing gold, Allah shall prevent them from wearing it in Paradise.� [Tabarani]

Ali (Allah be pleased with him) reported that, �The Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) forbade gold rings.� [Muslim, Tirmidhi, Abu Dawud, Nasa�i, Ibn Maja]

The hadiths regarding the prohibition of gold for men are numerous. Imam Nawawi (Allah have mercy on him) transmits scholarly consensus ( ijma`) that it is prohibited for men to wear gold jewelry. [ al-Majmu`, 4.326, Muniriyya ed.]

Wisdom Behind Shariah Rulings Regarding Worldly Habits and Customs

The wisdom behind the Shariah regulations regarding worldly habits and customs was explained by Imam Wali Allah al-Dahlawi (Allah have mercy on him) in Hujjat Allah al-Baligha:

�Among the wisdoms is that getting busied with these matters makes one forgetful of the remembrance of Allah, and clouds the purity of the hearts. Therefore, it was appropriate to treat this poison with appropriate medicine, which is that it is a sunna of making remembrance of Allah (dhikr) before, after, and during one�s worldly actions in order that this protect the soul from finding its final comfort in these. Rather, the remembrance reminds it of the True Giver, and makes its thought incline towards Allah�s Sacred Presence.� [Dahlawi, Hujjat Allah al-Baligha, 1.482]

And:

�Among the wisdoms is to be different from the non-Muslims in excessively lavish worldly habits and getting deeply at comfort with worldly life such that it made them forget the remembrance of Allah. This led them to busy themselves with seeking the worldly and for worldly pleasures to become firmly fixed in their hearts [f: to the exclusion of Allah and matters of the spirit]. Thus, it was fitting that the essential manifestations of their excesses be prohibited, such as silk� gold� and the like.

This entailed considering their particular habits and customs to be generally discouraged.

It also meant that it is recommended to leave most ostentation.� [Dahlawi, ibid. 1.483]

And Allah alone gives success.

Wassalam,
Faraz Rabbani
PLEASE pray for me - just say Ameen!
OH ALLAH, GUIDE US

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:35 AM (#3) User is offline   Haidarium 

• New Moon
  • Pip

Thank you for the reply. What you have stated according to todays scholars is regarding GOLD Jewellary. Gold as Jewellary is forbidden for men.

Buttons pens watches swords armour inlaid with gold like war helmets thrones gold stitched cloth gold mobiles key fobs gold tasbihs Quran covers walking stick handles cuff-links.

I understand, if we all followed those commands then we would all be driving around is skodas. Today our Alemas and Sheikhs wear  Sold Gold Rolex watches inlaid with diamonds and travel in Mercs and Bentleys !

Do not forget the contents of their homes from marble bathrooms and kitchens to plasma screens, persian carpets and leather sofas expensive perfumes and clothes along with mobiles.

And to top the list high class quality foods ! Let us forget all and just keep to the topic of Gold Watches. To be honest I saw a well known Peer Sahib wearing a $37,000 solid yellow gold diamond Rolex watch. I took pictures of that Peer Sahib and when I did a close up I saw that it was SOLID 18ct GOLD with diamonds on four corners of the crown and on numbers.

Throughout the world Muslims know that men do not wear GOLD but now the scholars say that other than jewellary they can !.

Please can anyone support this current view of our scholars ?? with proof.

Thank You

Posted 13 July 2009 - 10:02 PM (#4) User is offline   seeker 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

Haidarium (13.07.2009)
Today our Alemas and Sheikhs wear Sold Gold Rolex watches inlaid with diamonds and travel in Mercs and Bentleys !

Do not forget the contents of their homes from marble bathrooms and kitchens to plasma screens, persian carpets and leather sofas expensive perfumes and clothes along with mobiles.

And to top the list high class quality foods !Let us forget all and just keep to the topic of Gold Watches. To be honest I saw a well known Peer Sahib wearing a $37,000 solid yellow gold diamond Rolex watch. I took pictures of that Peer Sahib and when I did a close up I saw that it was SOLID 18ct GOLD with diamonds on four corners of the crown and on numbers.

Such extravagance is against the sunnah and as such, these people can not be following shari'ah 100% - add to that the fact that gold is haraam for men and I don't think such people are shuyukh!

Can you imagine shaykh Muhammad al-Ya'qoubi driving a continental with a heavy gold watch round his wrist? NO! And insha Allah, Allah will protect him from that. So if those scholars who strive so hard to practice the sunnah don't do this, then how can those who do be called real shaykhs?
PLEASE pray for me - just say Ameen!
OH ALLAH, GUIDE US

Posted 14 July 2009 - 12:11 AM (#5) User is offline   Haidarium 

• New Moon
  • Pip

Like I said before can you produce proof that all gold is forbidden or is it just jewellery. Its very important to get this right as I have been told that only Jewellery for men is Haraam not any other Gold items.

See from the pictures this Pir Sahib has many Aulemas as his mureeds so why would he committ Haraam ?

I mean why would he risk doing Haraam openly ?

Thanks

Posted 14 July 2009 - 12:49 AM (#6) User is offline   yanabi_uk 

• New Moon
  • Pip
  • Group: Banned

watches are bid'ath they wern't there in the prophets time everything that you have know that wasn't there in the prophet's thime is bid'ah
I AM A 100% IDIOT

Posted 14 July 2009 - 01:25 AM (#7) User is offline   MuslmmahXX 

• New Moon
  • Pip

Salaam,

It is made clear in a Hadith which mentions that the Prophet (Pbuh) held a piece of gold in his right hand and a piece of silk in his left hand and said: “These two are forbidden to men of my community, but permissible for women.”

So Whether it is white gold or not we have ahadith proving that gold is forbidden(Haraam) for men to wear:w00t:

Signature reset by YaNabi Team. Keep it nice and SHORT.

Posted 14 July 2009 - 12:37 PM (#8) User is offline   Zarb-e-Haidari 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

THIS MAY HELP MUFTI FAIZANEATTAR.NET

Men can wear SOLID GOLD BUTTONS ! The link below is from Brailvi Dawat e Islami Attari Mufti website. This might help.

Question 12636
Assalaam-o-Alaikum Mufti Sahib mera sawal aap say yeh hay k kia Kameez main Sonay (Gold) k buttons laga saktay hain yani k yeh jaiz ya nahi ??? Sajid Ali Attari

http://mufti.faizane...wer.php?Q=12636

Question 9288
Aslamoalikumwarahmatullahewabarakatohu Janab e motram Mufi Sahib. Mera ik sawaal hay Sonay (Gold) kay baray mein. Kiya Sona ar hallat me mard (men) kay liyay Haraam hay jis tara Sonay ki Chaap ya Haar(necklace) Khara(bangle) wagaira. Meri Muraad hay Kiya sonay ki ghaarhi (watch) Qalam (pen) buttons ya aur koy istimaal ki cheez Asa ki Dasti (walking stick)(handle) Ya tasbeeh. Sonay ki is tara ki cheezain, mard kay liyay Jaiz hain ya nahin? Jazak Allah Khairan

http://mufti.faizane...swer.php?Q=9288

When you listen to the answers please TAKE NOTE that at first MUFTI SAHIB says GOLD IS HARAAM HAR HALAT MARD KAY LIYAY (Gold is HARAAM in everyway for Muslim Men) Then he says GOLD BUTTONS are OK !

NOW this is a clear contradiction of his first words that Gold is Haraam for men then BUTTONS are OK !. If buttons are ok then GOLD POCKET WATCH should be ok too ? :w00t:

Make a list of all the Sheikhs wearing gold watches ! Then ask yourself if you know Islam more than them. Not all of them could be wrong. This is why this Mufti is contradicting himself. Gold as Jewellery is forbidded watches fall outside of this catagory.

Allah (swt) knows best ! I am, confused  ;)

Ali (as) e Imam e manasto manum ghulaam e Ali (as)

Posted 16 July 2009 - 12:59 PM (#9) User is offline   Manni786 

• New Moon
  • Pip

Salaam Brothers and sisters

The only difference between gold jewellery and gold watches are the size of the items and nothing else (we are just concentration on the metal and not the mechanics of the peices). Gold is gold regardless of what the item is or what shape, size or form it comes in. Watches are melted, moulded and casted in exactly the same process as jewellery.

If the messenger of Allah (May Allah Bless him and give him peace) has forbidden men from wearing gold then this would be all forms of gold, unless if someone can prove that the messenger of Allah (May Allah Bless him and give him peace) has stated we can wear gold watches.

At the end of the day it is a decision you will need to make gold is gold. does not matter if it is a watch, button, cufflinks, tooth etc. GOLD IS GOLD.

Posted 16 July 2009 - 01:04 PM (#10) User is offline   Mohammad_Ali 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

Be safe and wear a casio...
Haq Haq Haq Haq Haq Haq

Posted 02 December 2009 - 01:18 PM (#11) User is offline   Haidarium 

• New Moon
  • Pip

Yes gold is gold and buttons are allowed as according to Dawat e Islami Mufti Sahib. The question is on what grounds are the solid gold buttons allowed ?

I have been told only gold Jewellary is forbidden for men. Items of gold like throne walking stick pen buttons cufflings sword handles  mobiles watches key fobs gold handles knobs tasbihs and Holy Quran box and covers.

We all know Gold is used in the Kiswa of the Ka'aba and the door of the Ka'aba. Including the drain funnal (parnala) of the Ka'aba Al Moqqas.

All these items are touched by men used by men installed by men. I still have not recieved the answer which clearifies why SOLID GOLD buttons are allowed ?

Posted 02 December 2009 - 01:55 PM (#12) User is offline   shez1983 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

i think with gold watches it depends on your niyat.. there is a fiqh book (forgot the name but i think kanzul-iman?) but my imam was reading from it and it said that gold watches are allowed IF your intention is to buy the gold watch because you want to check the time and they will not be allowed if you decided to buy a particular watch because you think that the gold around it looks nice..

Posted 04 December 2009 - 12:08 AM (#13) User is offline   agent-x 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip
  • Group: Banned

surely you buy a nice watch

a watch that looks nice :S or am i the only one

Posted 04 December 2009 - 10:56 AM (#14) User is offline   Husayni 

• Full Moon
  • Group: Moderators

shez1983 (02.12.2009)
i think with gold watches it depends on your niyat.. there is a fiqh book (forgot the name but i think kanzul-iman?) but my imam was reading from it and it said that gold watches are allowed IF your intention is to buy the gold watch because you want to check the time and they will not be allowed if you decided to buy a particular watch because you think that the gold around it looks nice..

All watches tell time.So if someone is buying a gold watch its because of the gold...Alot of people buy watches like these for investment purposes.

The watch above is 18ct gold with round brilliant cut diomonds with blue sapphire numerals.Price tag about 30000-35000 pounds.

Now would you buy this watch for just the time or would you buy it for the gold and diomonds:D

YaNabi Team

If you want to understand the Qur'an you go to Ahlul Bayt, if you want to understand Ahlul Bayt you go to the Qur'an.

Shaykh Sayyid Muhammad bin Yahya Al-Ninowy Al Husayni

Posted 04 December 2009 - 01:32 PM (#15) User is offline   Zarb-e-Ali 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

Does the watch has a wireless internet and bluetooth in it? If no, then its worthless diamond watch.

Regards
Wasalam

Posted 04 December 2009 - 02:49 PM (#16) User is offline   shez1983 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

Miftah ul Jannah (03.12.2009)

shez1983 (02.12.2009)

never in my life heard of this FIQH book? you sure your not confusing the name? only Kanz-ul-Imaan i know of is Ala Hazrat (r.a) translation of the Qur'an al Kareem.

you are right but if you look to the left of that name, i do state "i forgot the name". Basically its a highly regarded fiqh book for sunnis.. Insha Allah I will ask him the name of the book..  perhaps if you was to list some it may jog my memory!

Posted 04 December 2009 - 02:53 PM (#17) User is offline   shez1983 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

Muhammad Al-Husayni (04.12.2009)

shez1983 (02.12.2009)

All watches tell time.So if someone is buying a gold watch its because of the gold...Alot of people buy watches like these for investment purposes.

The watch above is 18ct gold with round brilliant cut diomonds with blue sapphire numerals.Price tag about 30000-35000 pounds.

Now would you buy this watch for just the time or would you buy it for the gold and diomonds:D

images removed..

but you ARE right.. however again I would say it depends on your niyyat and i am not a scholar obviously.

Secondly: if i bought that watch.. would I or wouldnt I have to pay tax on it next year? if yes then imagine the tax on 35,000

Posted 04 December 2009 - 07:23 PM (#18) User is offline   GunmetalGrey 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip

Why would you NEED to wear a gold watch in the first place? It's bloody expensive and impractical. You're only gonna wear it to tell the time. :|
[b]Wa Salla Rabbunna fi kulli heenen, wa sallama bil gho dou wa bil asseli, ala Tahal Basheer bikulli Khairen, Khitamol Rasuli wal hadi - thalilili...[b]
And our lord prays (grants his blessings) at all times, and offers peace (salam) at sunset and sunrise, to the messenger who bought in good tidings, the seal of the prophets, the guide, the leader...

Posted 05 December 2009 - 12:01 AM (#19) User is offline   undercoversufi 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

Muhammad Al-Husayni (04.12.2009)

shez1983 (02.12.2009)

Now would you buy thiswatch for just the time or would you buy it for the gold and diomonds:D

can i go backwards and forward in time?

Posted 05 December 2009 - 08:49 PM (#20) User is offline   Qadri-Jilani 

• Full Moon
  • Group: Administrators

Gold as jewellery is haram. So the scholars say that if one had gold buttons it would not be haram but if the buttons on your shirt are linked with a chain then it is haram.
Maslak-e-Ahl-e-Sunnat

jarahat al-sinani laha'l-tiyamu ma yaltamu jarahat al-lisani
ei biradar chu 'aqibat khakast, khaak shawesh az ankei khaak shawee
apni millat par qiyas aqwam-e-maghrib sei na kar, khas hei tarkeeb mein qawm-e-Rasool-e-Hashmi

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options
  Or sign in with these services