• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Suni wahdat

Posted 18 June 2005 - 10:31 AM (#1) User is offline   Zahid-bhatti 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

-
Suni wahdat http://uk.search.yahoo.com/search/ukie?fr=slv1&p=SUNI+WAHDAT http://www.prosunnah.org/home.asp   "Let The Sunnah Go Forth And Don't Stop The Sunnah"

The Protectors of the Sunnah (POTS) is an Islamic networking group established to provide a forum for Muslims who subscribe to the belief that we live our lives according to the Qur'an and authentic traditions (the Sunnah) of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) as understood by his close Companions. POTS is committed to the revival of Islam in its purest form.

Keemya-A-Wahdat    In the name of Allah the Beneficent the Merciful

assalamoalaikum,

Thank you for visit. Click one of the buttons to get to the site.

growing flowers animated divider

Signature reset by YaNabi Team. Keep it nice and SHORT.

Posted 23 June 2005 - 02:12 PM (#2) User is offline   Zahid-bhatti 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

ALLAH HAS GIVEN HIS BELOVED PROPHET MUHAMMAD (SalallahoAlaiheWasalam) THE KNOWLEDGE OF UNSEEN (ILME GHAIB)

Ghaib means the hidden, the unseen. And Ilm-e-ghaib is called the knowledge of invisible things that can not be known by human senses. And can't be understood without arguments.

The knowledge of invisible is of two types 1- Personal 2- Granted

Personal knowledge unseen is specific to Allah Almighty . As describe in the holly Quran at many occasions.

1- 'say you , I do not say to you, I posses the treasures of Allah and nor I say I know the unseen my self.'
(para 7,surah 6, verse 50)

2- 'And if I would have known unseen my self , then I would have granted ample good '
(para 9, surah 7, verse 188)

3- 'And with Him (Almighty) are the bey of unseen , He (Almighty) only knows himself.'
(para 7, surah 6, verse 59)

4- ' Say you, whosoever are in the heavens and earth do not know themselves the unseen but Allah (Almighty)'
(para 20, surah 27, verse 65)

5- ' And we have not taught him to compose verses and nor it's befitting to his dignity'
(para 23, surah Yaseen , verse 69)

6- 'There are some, whose story we have not narrated to you '
(para 24, surah 40, verse 78)

7- 'The day, when Allah (Almighty) will gather the messengers then will say, what answer was made to you '
(para 7, surah 5, verse 109)

8- 'You know them not , we know them'
(para 2 , surah 9, verse 101)

10-'And they ask you about the sprit. Say the sprit is a thing by the command of my Lord and you did not receive the knowledge but a little'
(para 15, surah 17, verse 85)

And another occasions Allah (Almighty) declared that no one except Allah (Almighty) has the Knowledge of unseen so it is proved that no body can know invisible by himself, except Allah(Almighty) And it is He who knows the inside and outside. Allah (Almighty) has granted his countless blessings to his creatures. In his countless blessing a great Blessing in the knowledge of unseen which he has granted to his beloved Prophet as Allah (Almighty) Described in many ayats (verses) in the holy Quran.

Holy Quran

1- 'And Allah exalted taught the names of all things to Adam (Alaihis salam)'
(para 1, surah2, verse 31)

In commentary of 'Madarik' under this ayat (verse), 'The meaning that Allah(Almighty) taught the names of all things to Adam (Alaihis salam), is, that Allah(Almighty) showed Adam (Alaihis salam) the material, (Stuff, kind) of every thing that He Created and told Adam (Alaihis salam) that this is called horse, this called camel etc. and Ibn-e-Abbas (Radi allaho anhu) narrated that Adam (Alaihis salam) was taught the name of every thing even the name of cup and hallowed palm' The commentary of Khazin , Kabeer, Abu sawod resemble to their commentary also while the writer of Rooh-ul-bayan says, 'Allah (Almighty) told the names and particulars of all things and also their benefits in this world and in the next and told him the names of Angels, animals, minerals and his all offspring. He was also told how to make things, the name of all cities, villages, birds, trees, blessing of paradise, the name of which are eaten and drunk more over Allah(Almighty) told him the name of every thing He (Almighty) was going to make till the day of judgment. It is narrated in Hadith that Adam (Alaihis salam) was thought 700 thousands languages. ' From above commentaries it is clear that Allah (Almighty) granted Adam (Alaihis salam) the knowledge of all things even the knowledge of things which are not still created.
This proves that Allah(Almighty) granted him the knowledge of unseen. Shaikh Ibne Arabi says in his book "Fotohat-e- Makkiya" Adam Alaihis Salam is the first caliph and attorney of the last Prophet (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him). Above given commentary show the extent the knowledge of Adam (Alihis salam) who is the salve of our Prophet (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) so what will be the attitude of the knowledge of our Prophet (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him)

2- "And it is not befitting to the dignity of Allah almighty that O general people He let you know the unseen. Yes, Allah Almighty choose from among His messengers whom He pleases."
(Para 4, Surah 3, Verse 179)

"In the commentary "Baizavi" an this ayaat "Allah will not give you the knowledge of unseen that you can know about Iman and kufr which exist in the heart but Allah Almighty chooses from his prophets and then reveals to him and informs him of some knowledge of unseen or brings forwarded for him the proof that lead to the knowledge of unseen." In the commentary "Khazin" on this ayat but Allah chooses his apostle among the apostles and gives him the knowledge of unseen. "But to know the unseen is the distinctive feature of the apostle." (Commentary Jumal) "Allah Almighty choose His apostle among the apostles and gives him the knowledge of unseen". (Jalalain). "Facts of thing and knowledge of unseen is not disclosed without the mediation of the Holy Prophet (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) " (Roohul Bayan) Its known from the above coated commentaries that Allah Almighty shows His knowledge to his Prophet. Some writers of commentaries say that knowledge of all the things that have been made and those which still being created is "some knowledge" in comparison of the knowledge of Allah Almighty. So this "some knowledge" given to the Prophet (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) is countless in comparison to the knowledge of all creatures.

3- And Allah has sent down to you the book and wisdom and has taught to you what did you not know, and yet is the Grace of Allah upon
(Para 5 , sura 4, verse 113)

And Allah almighty taught you (O Prophet) what you did not know. (Commentary Jalalian)

"Means the orders of knowledge of unseen" (Commentary Kabeer)

"Allah Almighty taught you the Holy book (Quran) and hikmat and informed you their facts and mysteries "
(Commentary Khazin)

This is the knowledge of first and the last that was given to the Holy Prophet (Allah's grace & Peace be upon Him) in the night of 'Mairaj'. So it comes in the Mairaj-hadith, the prophet (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) says ,

"I was under the Arsh when Allah almighty dropped a drop in my mouth so I knew the knowledge of the first and the last."

Means He (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) was taught all things that He (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) did not know before the Holy Quran descended.
(Commentary Bahrul haqaiq)

4- "We have left out nothing in the book."
(Para 7, sura 6, verse 38)

If Allah Almighty unlocks (unties) the lock of your hearts then you will know all that described in the Holy Quran and you will not need any thing else because there is clear declaration about all things in the Holy Quran. (Tabqate Kubra by Imam sharani)

It is meant by "kitab" Lohe Mahfooa (the Holy book in which names and particulars of all things are noted). As Lohe mahfooz consist of the knowledge of all that takes place in the universe. There is nothing left in it about any animal (living body) and minerals (in organic matters) Commentary "Anwartunzeel"

" There is left nothing about any creature in the Holy book (Quran) except those who are giving the knowledge of unseen by Allah Almighty, no body can know the facts described in the Holy Quran "
(Commentary taken from "Araisul Bayan)

It is clear form above coated commentaries and verse that there is nothing left which is not described in the Holy Qiran or in Lohe Mafooz. And both are taught to the Holy Prophet (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him). It means He (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) knows all that is described in the Holy Quran or Lohe mahfooz. So He (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) was given the knowledge of all things by Allah Almighty.

5- "It is not a discourse concocted, but a conformation of what went before and a detail explanation of every thing"
(Para 13 , Surah 12, verse 111)

"O Muhammad (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him), in this Quran, that descended on to you, in the detail of every thing you need" (Khazin)

"There is nothing in the universe which is not described in the Holy Quran" (commentary Husaini)

6- "The most affectionate. Taught the Quran to his beloved. He created Muhammad (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him), the soul of humanity. He taught him speech Ar-Rehman ….. regarding whatever had already happened and whatever will happen"

"Allah Almighty created the men, means Muhammad (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) and taught Him the description (detail) of the first and the last"
(Commentary Husaini and Muaalim-ul-tanzeem)

It is told that meant by "The Man" Prophet (Muhammad Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) and he was taught the detail of the first and the last and also He was informed about the day of judgment"
(Commentary Khazin)

Allah Almighty taught our Prophet (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) the Holy Quran and mysteries about him as Allah says "We taught you all that you did not know before."
(Commentary Roohul Bayan)

It is known from the verse and the commentaries that there is the description of every thing in the Holy Quran and Quran was taught to our Prophet (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) by Allah Almighty. So our Prophet (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) all that described in the Holy Quran.

7- The knower of unseen reveals not His secret to any one except to his chosen messengers.

Ibne shaikh says "Allah does not inform any on of the knowledge which is specific to Him except His chosen apostles and what is not specific to Him tells other than these apostles also.
(Roohul Bayan)

8- And He is not niggardly as to the disclosing of unseen. Our Prophet (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) is not miser about the knowledge of unseen and information of (skies). It means He (Allah's Grace & peace be upon Him) does not hide a knowledge of unseen but tells you (which is reasonable to tell) as kahin (whitch doctors) used to do ". (Mualim-ul-ingeel) He (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) is not miser about the knowledge of unseen but teaches it to you.

9- By the grace of your Lord you are not mad.
(Para 29 , surah 68, verse 2)

It means that nothing is hidden from you. i.e. every thing (which had taken place in very beginning of this universe or will take place in it after that.) is disclosed to you. Because in Arabic "Junoon" means to hide from once eyes (and you are not Majnoon) i.e. you know all that had taken place in very beginning or will take place after that" (Roohul Bayan)

10 - "And thus we show to you Abraham all the kingdoms of heavens and in order that he might become of the convinced at sight."
(Para 7, syrah 6, verse 75)

"The Prophet Ibraheem was stood on "sakhra" mountain and skies were shown to him even He (Alahis salam) saw Arsh, kursi, and every thing in the skies and then the earth was show to Him (Alihis salam) saw the earth and its mysteries"
(Khazin)

Hadith

Many others verses can be presented to prove that Allah Almighty granted His prophets the knowledge of unseen but now we are writing some ahadith about this matter.

1- The Holy Prophet (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) stood at a place and informed us of the beginning of creation (of creatures) and told us every thing even about those will enter the paradise or hell. He who remembered remembered and who forgot forgot.
(Sahih Bukhari, Mishqat, Vol2)

In this hadith our Prophet (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) informed us of two things
1- How started the creation of creatures
2- How the end of this universe.
And did not leave any thing even told about these who will go the Hell and will enter the paradise. This is the knowledge of unseen. Imam Muslim (Rahmatullah Alaih) adds to this hadith

2- To the prophet (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) told us about what is going to take place till the day of judgment and he who remembered this hadith more than us, his more knowledge among us.
(Mishkat, Chapter Almojizat)

3- The Holy Prophet (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) did not leave anything which is going to take place till the day of judgment. Who remembered it, remembered and who forgot forgot."
(Mishquat)

4- "Allah Almighty folded the earth for me so I saw it east to west"
(Mishquat, Chapter Fazaile sayeedul Mursaleen)

5- I saw my Allah Almighty in his dignified position. He Almighty put his hand of providence on my chest and I found (felt) its (hand's) coolness in my heart and (by this) I came to know every thing of the skies and the earth. (Mishquat)

6- Allah Almighty presented the whole world (earth, universe) to me and (so) I am looking at it and also every thing which is going to take place in the universe just as I am looking at the palm of my hand."
(Sharh-a- mawahibul- ladunia by zarqani)

7- "Then every thing appeared to me and I recognized it".
(Mishquat)

8- Our Prophet (Allah's Grace Peace be upon Him) told us about every thing even a bird moves its wings."
(Musnad Imam Ahmad bin Hambalnarrated by Abuzar Ghifari (Radi Allahu Anhu)

9- "The Holy Prophet (Alah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) informed that His daughter (Fatima Radi Allahu Anha) would bare a son"
(Mishquat Chapter Manaqib-e- Ahle bait)

10- The Holy Prophet (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) passed by two graves then said "These two mens are being tortured and this torture is not because of any big matter but one of them did not use to avoid (refrain from) tiny drops of urine and the secong person was a back-bitter. …….."
(Sahih Bukhari Chapter Ithbat-a- azab-e- Qabr narrate by Ibe Abbas (Radi Allahu Anhu)

11- The Holy Prophet (Allah's grace & Peace be upon Him) stood (member sharif) and informed about the day of judjment and also told some main events before it then said "You are allowed to ask me any thing you want, I swear by Allah you will not ask any thing but I will tell you (inform you) about it, until I am on this place (member sharif)". Then a person (Munafiq) asked "What is my destination? (Hell or paradise). The Prophet (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) answered " hell". Than Abdullah bin Huzaifah (Radi Allahu Anhu) stood and asked "Who is my real father". The Prophet (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) answered "Huzaifah". Then went on saying "Ask me any thing, you want ." (Saheeh Bukhari) And the hadith is quoted in the commentary Khazin under the verse para7, surah 5, verse 101. It is to be noted that to know about once destination, either in hell or in paradise, is the knowledge of unseen but Allah Almighty granted to this knowledge his beloved Prophet (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) more over to know about the real fatherhood of any one is also a hidden matter but our Prophet know it as well by the grace of Allah Almighty.

12- The Holy Prophet (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) said on the occasion of the war of Kahiber "I shall give the flag tomorrow to He who will win this khaiber war by Allah's will. Ans He also loves Allah Almighty and His Prophet (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him)." And it took place like this. The flag was given to Ali (Radi Allahu Anhu) and conquered the khaiber ford.
(Mishquat)

13- On the Occasion of badar war our Prophet (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) was pointed his hand and was saying "that kafir will be killed and will fall here". The narrator says no kafir fall away (aside) from the place where the Prophet (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) pointed to.
(Saheeh Muslim Kitabul Jihad, Chapter Badar war)

To know about once death time is the knowledge of unseen and our Prophet (Allah's Grace & peace be upon Him) informed about it by Allah's Grace.

14- The Holy Prophet (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) said "I know the names of those who will fight against the Dajjal and the names of their fathers and I also recognize the color of their horses they will be the best riders of their time.
(Mishquat, Chapter Almalhim Kitab Alfitan) By Muslim narration's

15- Once the mother of Muslims (Ayisha Radi Allahui Anha) asked the Holy Prophet (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) about the man whose virtues are equals to the number of stars. Our Holy Prophet (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) answered "He is (Umar Radi Allahu Anhu)
(Mishquat Chapter Manaqib-e- Abubakr and umar)

From this hadith it is clear that our beloved Prophet (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) knows all these people either they (deeds) are open or hidden and also he (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) know the total of the number of stars while this number can not be known by scientific tool even today.

16- "The Holy Prophet (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) could see in the dark as easily as he could see in the day. "

17- "I swear by Allah that neither your 'Khushu' (fear of Allah) nor your 'Ruku' (bending during the prayer) are hidden from me. Verily I can see you even from behind my back
(Bukhari Shareef)

From the above given detail it is clear that to know the unseen by himself is specific to Allah Almighty and it is only He Almighty who knows all (open and secret, seen and unseen) by himself. He is not dependent on any one at all. He Almighty does not need any one's help to know but all things are present in his knowledge because He is the creator of every thing so He Almighty knows well about his creator in detail.

On the other hand, the above given verses, the commentaries on them and hadiths show that Allah Almighty grants his beloved persons (Prophets Alaihis salam) the knowledge of unseen. This granted knowledge is only a gift and not constant and the Prophets (Alaihis salam) can not know any thing without permission of Allah Almighty. In other words any creatures has nothing. But what Allah Almighty granted it. So His Prophets know nothing but what Allah Almighty granted to them. And above coated verses , commentaries on them and hadith show that Allah Almighty granted his Prophets the knowledge of unseen. So this type of knowledge of unseen it called granted knowledge of unseen.

Now we describe the faith of the scholars of Islam about the matters.

1. Shaikh abdul Haq Muhaddith Dehelvi's (Rahmatullah Alaih) faith
"The Holy Prophet (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) knows every thing. He (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) Allah's (glorious, grander) and his orders, His praises (attributes) and actions. He (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) came to know the knowledge of the first and the last and the internal and the external completely." (Madarigun - Nubuwah) "Allah Almighty shows the beloved Prophet (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) all that occur since Prophet Adam (Alihis salam) has been created till the day of judgment. So He (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) could know the natures (particulars) of the firat and the last and the beloved Prophet (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon him) informed some of his Shaba (Companions) (Radi Allahu Anhuma) about this."
(mdarigun Nabuwah)

2. Allama Zarqani's (rahmatullah Alaih) faith.
"Hadith are mutawatir (a hadith narrated by such a number of scholars that it can not be said that they lied) and these have the meaning that our beloved Prophet (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) has a knowledge of unseen and this is not apposing to some verses in which Allah Almighty indocates that no body has the knowledge of unseen accept Allah Almighty, because Allah Almighty denies the knowledge of unseen from any person meaning personal knowledge (Specific to Allah ) , on the other hand our beloved Prophet's (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) knowledge of the unseen by Allah's revelation. This is clear form the verse of the holy Quran
(Sharh-e- Mawahib)

3. Qazi Iyaz's (Rahmatullah Alaih) faith
"Allah Almighty choose our beloved Prophet (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon him) by giving him the knowledge of expedience (convenience) that belongs to the world and religion as well. He Almighty also informed Him (Allah's Grace &Peace b upon Him) to the convenience of his Ummat, incidents that took place in the regions of previous Ummat and every major and minor incidents of His (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) ummat. He Almighty also gave Him (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) the knowledge of what is hidden in one's heart, different states of hearts, different duties, different ways of worship and the knowledge of mathematics (Hisab) "
(Shifa Shareef)

4. Imam Basavi's faith
"This world and the next are due to His (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) blessings and the knowledge written by "Qalam" in 'Lohe' is a tiniy path of His (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) knowledge"
(Qaseeda Burdah)

5. Ibraheem Hajwari's faith
Imam Ibraheem (Rahmatullah Alaih) says in the commentry on the couplet "If some one says 'if the knowledge of (Loh and Qalam) is a tiny part of our Prophet's (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) knowledge, then what are His (Allah's Grace & peace be upon Him) other knowledges". He will be answered that other knowledges are the knowledge of the next world about which Allah Almighty informed Him (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) because the Qalam wrote in the Lohe that will take place till he day of judgment.

6. Mullah Ali Qari's faith
"The knowledge og the Loh and the Qalam is a stream from the riveres of our Prophet's (Allah's Grace & peace be upon Him) knowledge and it is like a word in the series of our Prophet's (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) knowledge."
(Commentary on the same copulate book "Hallul aqd"

7. Imam ibne hajar Makki's faith
" This is because Allah Almighty informed our beloved Prophet (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) of the whole universe hence He (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) knew the first and last and also knew t what had happened and what is going to happened." (Afzalul - Quda) The commentary of Qaseedah Buradah..

8. Mujadid-e Alf sani's faith
"The knowledge specific to Allah is given to only Allah's special apostals (Alaihis salam) "
(Maktuba Vol. 1)

9. Maulana Abdul Ali Lakhnavi's fatih
"Allah Almighty informed our beloved Prophet (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) that knowledge that even Ime Aala does not consist of it and Lohe Mahfooz can not cover it. He (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) is the unique creature in the universe and nobody, from the very beginning, is created like He (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him ) and will not be created in the future."
(Hawashi Meer Zahid)

10. The conclusion is that nobody knows the knowledge of unseen . It is specific to Allah Almighty without Allah's information either by revelation or as a miracle.
(Sharh-e Aqaied -e- Nasfi)

11 Imam Qastalani's fatih
"Nobody know when will the day of judgment be, accept Allah Almighty and His chosen apostle (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) because Allah Almighty gives Him (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) his Almighty knowledge of unseen and a saint takes this knowledge from His apostles (Alaihis sslam) (Sharhe Bukhari book of commentary on Surah Raad)

12 Allama Jalaludeen's faith
Every ting which is going to take place in this ummat till the Day of Judgment, was presented before our beloved Prophet (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him)

13. Allama Imam Ghazali's faith
"There is no doubt that the messenger of Allah Almighty receives the knowledge of unseen either in his dream or in the state of awaking."
Ihyaul- uloom, Vol. 4)

14. Shah Abdul Aziz Muhaddis-e- Dehlavi's faith
Our beloved Prophet (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) recognises by His (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him ) light of prophet hood every Muslim's faith, the state of his faith and also the fact of his faith. He (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) knows our sins.
(Commentary azizi)

So it is proved that Allah Almighty has given His beloved Prophet's (Alihis salam) specially our Holy Prophet (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him), the knowledge of the unseen rather other Prophets and saints (Rahmatullah Alaih) get blessing of Allah Almighty from our beloved Prophet (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) and on eof these blessing is the knowledge of the unseen. We present the names of a few of the scholars and saints who have this faith and the names of the book in which their faith is described

Names of the Scholars Names of the Book

Names of the Scholars Names of the Book
Imam Bukhari Saheeh Bukhari
Imam Muslim Saheeh Muslim
Khateeb Tibraizi Mishquat Shareef
Imam malik Muwatta Imam Malik
Allam Jami Shawahide Nabuwat
Imam Fakhrudeen Razi Tafseer-e- Kabeer
Qazi Nisahuddin Tafseer-e- Baizavi
Allama Ismaeel Haqqi Tafseer-e- Ruhul bayan
Allama Alluddeen Tafseer-e- Khazin
Allama Abu Muhammad Baghvi Tafseer-e- Moalimu Tanzeel
Shaikh Ahmed Savi Tafseer-e- Savi
Imam Tirmizi Tirmizi Shareef
Imam Abu Dawood Abu Dawood Shareef
Imam Darimy Darimy Shareef
Allama Qazi Iyaz Shifa Shareef
Allama Jalaludden Suyuti Khasais ul Kubra
Allama Asqalani Fathul Bari (Sharhe Bukhari)
Allama Zarqani Zarqani
Mullah Ali Qari Miquat (Sharhe Mishquat)
Shaikh Abdul Haq Muhaddith Dehelvi Ashe-atul-lamaat
Sha Wali ullah Muhaddithe Dehelvi Fuyuzul Haramain
Allama Yousuf Nibhani Jama-e- Karamate- Auwliya
Imam Baqir Shawahidun Nubuwat
Imam Jafar Sadiq Shawahidun Nubuwat
Imam Musa kazim Shawahidun Nubuwat
Imam Ali Raza Shawahidun Nubuwat
Imam Muhammad Taqui Shawahidun Nubuwat
Imam Ali Askari Shawahidun Nubuwat
Imam Hussain Zaki Shawahidun Nubuwat
Ghous-e- Azam Shaikh Abdul Qadir Zubda-tul-Asrar and Qala-ei-dul-jawahir
Junaid-e Baghdadi Kashful Mahjoob
Ba-yazeed Bistami Masnavi Shareef
Shaikh Shabuddeen Soharwardi Qula-aidol-jawahir
Shaikh Data Ali Hajwairee Kashful Mahjoob, Safinatul Auwliyah
Shaikh Bhauddeen Naqshbandi Jamea-karamat-e-awliyah
Allama Jalaluddeen Romi Masnawi Shareef
Qaja maueenuddeen Chisti Aneesul-arwah
Hazrat Fareeddun Ganje Shakar Seyarul Auwliyah
Hazrat -e- Mahboob-e-Ilahi Seyarul Auwliyah
Hazrat-e-Yahya Muneeri Mehboob-e-Yadani
Imam Ahle Sunnat Aala Hazrat Ahmad Raza Al- Daulatul Makiyah fe Maaddatil Ghaivia

So as a conclusion we learn

1. There is nobody, accept Allah Almighty knows the knowledge of unseen by Himself. Only Allah Almighty has a knowledge of unseen by himself.

2. Our beloved Prophet (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) is he who has been given the knowledge of unseen and other Prophets (Alihis salam) and saints (Rahmtullah) have been given the knowledge of unseen by the mediation of our Prophet (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him). Imam Bosairy says all Prophets (Alihis salam) took (their knowledge) from our Prophet (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him)
(Qaseeda Burdah Shareef)

3. There is no equality between Allah's knowledge and the knowledge of whole creatures because Allah's knowledge is His own knowledge. Nobody can give Him Almighty any information rather He Almighty knows everything from beginning to end, so his knowledge is eternal and endless. (Ever lasting). His knowledge is ultimated complete, surrounding, constant, and ancient. Creatures knowledge is not its own but is granted by Allah Almighty so creatures knowledge is created (incipient), limited, incomplete and variable. Allah's most beloved Prophet (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) is, no doubt, the Lord of the whole creatures. But He (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) is also a creature although not like other creature. He (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) is a slave (Worshiper) of Allah Almighty and Lord of the apostles (Alihis salam), the saints (Alirahma) and all creatures. Imam Abu hanifa (Rahmatullah Alaih) says :
"O my Prophet (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) if you were not created, nobody was created and also the universe." (Qaseeda-e-Nauman)

4. The verses in which Allah Almighty denied the knowledge of unseen from (For) anyone, mean that nobody has the knowledge equal and similar to Allah's knowledge in all aspects. While we proved for our beloved Prophet (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) , other Prophets (Alihis salam) and saints (Rahmaullah) only 'the granted knowledge'". And this granted knowledge has no equality or similarity in any aspect to Allah's knowledge. Even our Holy Prophet (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) who is the most beloved Prophet of Allah Almighty knows nothing without the revelation or information of Allah Almighty. So this is the real Islamic faith about Allah's personal knowledge and the creature granted knowledge. May Allah Almighty forgive us of our sins. Allah Almighty and His beloved Prophet (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) better.

The reason why we don't know the unseen and the Prophet Alihis salam do is simply is because they (Alihis salam) have been give the ability to know so and we hav'nt . We would like to define this in a simple way. The latest Scientific research tells us that the sense of hearing of our dog is 100 of times more sensitive that than that of ahuman. Likewise is a sense of smelling of a dog. You know that at airports dogs are used to smell laguage to find out there are any drugs etc present there. If there is cocaine or any drug in a bag the dog can detect that drug by smelling the dog (without having to open it) we can not see the cocaine in the bag and do not know about it but the dog knows it is there even though it do not see it either. This is because Allah Almighty has give it a ability to know so by smelling.
If something sweet is put in a cupboard and the door of the cupboard is shut. Some one who does not know what is in the cupboard is asked to tell what the cupboard contain, he will not be able to. However with an a short while tiny aunts would have reached that swwet thing due to their ability to smell. neither did the person see what was in the cupboard nor the aunts however the aunts knew about the sweet thing and the person did not.

Using the sense of feeling, sharks and snaiks can detect blood and enimies. Many such examples can be give of animals with amizing abilities to know things human do not.
These examples show that many thing which are unseen for us are not unseen for many animals. This is because of the differences in ability. When Allah Almghty has granted animals such abilities which are amaizing in the sites of human that what can one say about the abilitis that Allah Almighty has given to His beloved Prophet (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) . Indeed Allah Almighty has granted them (Alihis salam) even greater abilities which we can not imagine, as they are the best of creations.

Courtesy: Dawateislami.net

Posted 23 June 2005 - 02:18 PM (#3) User is offline   Zahid-bhatti 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

Hazir wa Nazir
from [Jaa al Haqqu wa Zahaqal Batila]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alhamdulillahi Rabbi l Alameen wa Assalatu Wa Assalamu ala Sayydi ul Anbiya Wa’l Mursaleen.
All Praise be to Allah and Peace and Blessings upon His Beloved Messenger, the Mercy of the Worlds, Chief of This World and The Next World, Best of Creation, Present and Witnessing One, His Blessed Companions, His Family and His Pure Wives, and all His Followers till Judgement Day.

In this post I shall endeavour to give a few proofs from THE QUR’AN, HADITH, AND WORKS OF THE CLASSICAL AHLE SUNNAH SCHOLARS, that Our Beloved Master (alayhi salato salaam) IS both Hazir and Nazir and define what we actually mean when we say Huzoor sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam are Hazir wa Nazir.

All the following proofs are taken from the great book Jaa al Haq wa Zaahiqal Baatil bu Hazrat Mufti Ahmad Yaar Khan Naeemi (alayhi rahmat), from the chapter entitled “Hazir aur Nazir ki Behas” pp. 138-171 inclusive. As only a few proofs will be given in this post (but insha Allah these will be sufficient for the honest readers), the interested brothers are urged (if they can read Urdu) to get this book. My own comments are in square brackets [ ] .

[WHAT AHL as-SUNNAH wal-JAMAAH--MEAN BY HAAZIR AND NAAZIR ]

From page 138:
The Shariah meaning of Hazir wa Nazir:

“ In the world, the Shariah meaning of Hazir and Nazir is this that The Holy Prophet whilst being present in one single place sees all the worlds [aalam] as if he was looking at them in the palm of his hand and hears all voices from near and afar, or that in one moment he can travel the whole universe and help those in need of help even if they be hundreds of kos away. (A ‘kos’ is a measure of distance)..”

[NOTE: THIS IS NOT HE SAME AS THE BELIEF FALSELY ATTRIBUTED TO US BY THE DEOBANDIS THAT WE BELEIVE THE BELOVED MESSENGER IS EVERYWHERE (SAL ALLAHU ALAYHI WA SALLAM] AS THE READER WILL NO DOUBT SEE FROM THE ABOVE DEFINITION OF OUR TRUE BELIEF.--Asif] THE ABOVE REAL DEFINITION OF ‘BARELVI’ BELIEF OF HAAZIR WA NAAZIR SHOULD BE KEPT IN MIND ALWAYS WHEN READING THE FOLLOWING PROOFS. --Asif . This is what is meant by ‘Omnipresent’ and NOT what the Deobandis and Wahhabis claim we believe. ]

.Proof from the QURAN

(I will only quote one example of this-the book gives 12 verses)

1.“.. (1) Ya Ayyu Hannabiyyu Inna Arsalnaaka Shahidan wa Mubbasharan wa Nazeeranwa daa’iyan ilallahi b I idhnihi wa siraajan muneera..”

(Surah 33.45-46)
? ..O Prophet! surely We have sent you as a witness, and as a bearer of good news and as a warner. A.nd as one inviting to Allah by His permission, and as a light-giving torch. (Shakir’s translation)

The m.eaning of ‘Shahid’ can be both a witness and also ‘Hazir wa Nazir’; a witness is called ‘shahid’ because he was present at the event (an eye-witness). His Excellency alayhi salatosalam is called ‘shahid’ because he in this world is seeing events in the Unseen Realm [aalam-ul-ghayb] and giving evidence, otherwise all the Prophets were witnesses. Or [he is called it] because on Judgement Day he will give primary evidence for all the Prophets. This type of evidence is not possible without seeing the events. Likewise is his being mubasshir [bearer of good news] and nazeer [warner] and daa’iy il allah [one inviting to Allah] as all the other Prophets also did these things BUT from hearing about them, (whereas) Our Prophet by actually SEEING them. That is why only the Holy Prophet (sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam) experienced the Mir’aj. Siraj Munir (a light giving torch) is another name for the Sun. It is everywhere in the world, present in every home, and so is Our Beloved Prophet. The Holy Prophet’s being Hazir and Nazir is thus evident from every phrase of this verse..” (p. 139)…

“ Note: At this point some people say that ‘you are a muqallid and it is not permissible for a muqallid to take evidence from Ayats and Hadith, the Imam should bring these evidences. Thus only Imam Abu Hanifa Radhi Allah anhu’s words can be presented by you’. There are a number of answers to this: ..in the debate on Taqleed it was said that taqleed is NOT done in matters of doctrine (aqeedah), only in matters of fiqh-ijtihaadia ( ijtihaadia jurisprudence). This is a question of Aqeedah…” (p. 143)

From the HADITH Shareef

(Many hadith are presented by Hazrat Ahmad Yar Khan-I only give you 4 here)

2.“..In SHARH of MUWAAHIB AL-LADUNIYYA by AL ZARQAANI, there is this narration of HAZRAT ABDULlAH IBN UMAR (radhi Allah anhu)

‘ Allah Taala presented the whole world before me. Thus, I AM SEEING THIS WORLD AND EVERYTHING WHICH IS TO HAPPEN IN IT TILL JUDGEMENT DAY, AS IF I AM LOOKING AT THIS HAND OF MINE.’

3. In the MUSNAD OF IMAM AHMAD IBN HANBAL by the narration of ABU DHARR GHIFAARI (radhi Allah anhu),

‘ The Holy Prophet (sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam) has left us in this state: that NOT EVEN A BIRD FLAPS ITS WING, BUT HE HAS ALREADY TOLD US ABOUT IT’

[Subhan Allah! And yet these wretched Deobandis and their masters the Wahabbis claim Our Beloved Master (sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam) did not have any such knowledge or power! Astaghfirullah!]

4. In MISHKAH UL MASABIH, VOLUME TWO, BAB AL KARAMAAT, FOLLOWED BY BAAB WAFAAT AL NABI alaihisalaam, it is written:

‘Your meeting place is the Hawd-e-Kauthar (Fount of Kauthar). I am SEEING IT FROM THIS VERY PLACE.’

[Now, dear reader, tell me in all honesty, if this isn’t Haazir and Naazir -according to our Sunni beliefs stated above, then what is it? But yet the ‘Wahabbis in Sunni disguise’ (ie Deobandis = Gulaabi Wahabbi in Urdu) continue to rave and rant, ‘shirk! bida’t!’ And they have the audacity and the shamelessness to still claim to be Sunnis!! No doubt they will find a way of dismissing these hadiths too or ignoring them. They have selective memory it seems.]

5/6. IMAM ABU HANIFA radi Allah anhu in FIQH AL AKBAR and ALLAMA JALAL UD DIN SUYUTI in JAMA’ AL-KABEER report from HARITH IBN NU’MAAN that,

‘Once I (Harith ibn Nu’maan radhi Allah anhu) went to visit the Holy Prophet alayhi salato salaam and the Holy Prophet sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam, asked me, ‘O Harith, how did you find the day?’ I replied ‘By being a true momin (believer).’ The Messenger alaihi salaam said, ‘What is the reality of your Iman (faith)?’ I replied, ‘ As if I AM SEEING THE DIVINE THRONE MANIFESTLY. AND AS IF I AM SEEING THE DWELLERS OF PARADISE GREETING EACH OTHER AND THE DWELLERS OF HELL MAKING NOISE.’

Mawlana RUMI (alayhi rahmat) has copied this event in the Masnavi ...

When that is the state of an Atom of the Sun’s’ vision (meaning Hazrat Harith) that he sees heaven , hell, the Throne, the Earth, People of heaven and hell with his own eyes, what can one say about the vision of the Sun of the Universe (meaning the Holy Prophet) sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam? “ (p. 148)

[And yet the spiritually blind Deobandis will STILL be shameless enough to claim Haazir and Naazir is not the true position. Such obstinacy only leads to one place....! But their devilish leaders like Thanavi and Gangohi claim that to claim such knowledge for the Darling of Allah (alayhi afdalus salaato salaam) is, nauzubillah, shirk yet even the Sahaba are here seen having the kind of Knowledge and witnessing and presence [haazir wa naazir] that the Deobandis deny for the Chief of Both Worlds alayhi salaato salaam!]

FROM THE WORDS OF THE JURISTS AND THE SCHOLARS

7. In DAR AL MUKHTAAR (VOLUME THREE) BAB AL MURTADEEN, in the debate about the Miracles of the Saints we find:

“YA HADHIRU YA NADHIRU LAYSA BI KUFRIN”
‘It is NOT kufr to say , O Hazir O Nazir’

8. DAR AL MUKHTAAR, VOLUME 1, BAAB KAIFIYYATUL SALAAH says:

‘One should make the intention (niyyah) to say the words of altahiyya (in salaah) oneself as if one is HIMSELF praising Allah and SENDING SALAAMS upon the Prophet (alaihisalaato salaam).’

9. In SHAAMI we find the following commentary on this commandment,

‘ that is, in Altahiyaat do NOT make niyyah to JUST RECITE the conversation between Allah and the Holy Prophet which occured on the night of Miraaj’

“ From these words of the Fuqaha we see that it is NOT kufr to call someone other than Allah Hazir and Nazir and in fact in Altahiyaa to send salaams upon the Prophet while thinking of him as being present himself.” (p. 149)

10. In MAJMU’A AL BARAKAAT SHAYKH ABDUL HAQQ MUHADITH DEHLVI (alayhi rahmat) writes,

“The Holy Prophet alayhi salato salam is AWARE OF THE CONDITIONS AND ACTIONS OF HIS UMMAH AND THE ONE WHO BENEFITS THOSE WHO GO TO HIS BLESSED COURT AND HAZIR AND NAZIR.”

[After such a frank and straight forward statement by Hadrat Muhadith e Dehlvi [alayhi rahmat] whom the Deobandis claim to also follow and respect (the lie of that claim should be evident by now) nothing more on this subject needs to be said if one is honest. But alas honesty is something alien to the Followers of the Najdi and his Indo-Pak acolytes.]

11. In MIRQAAT, BAAB “ MA YAQAALU INDA MAN HADHARAHU’L MAWTU”, in the end it is written:

“That is, the Awliya Allah can at one time, be present in many places and they can have a number of bodies (jism) at the same time”

[If such is the condition of the Awliya, what of the Beloved Master of the Awliya and the Anbiya sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam?! Subhan Allah! Ya Rasool Allah fidaaka Abbi wa Ammi! sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam]

12. IMAM IBN AL KHAARIJ in MADKHAL and IMAM QASTALLANI IN MAWAHIB, VOL 2, PAGE 387, CHAPTER 3 ‘ZIYAARA QABRA’L SHAREEF says,

“ Our scholars [ulama] said that there is NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE LIFE AND DEATH of Our Holy Prophet sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam. He (alayhi salaatosalam) SEES HIS UMMAH AND KNOWS THEIR STATES, INTENTIONS, WILLS AND WHAT IS IN THEIR HEARTS. THESE ARE ABSOLUTELY CLEAR (MANIFEST) TO HIM. AND IN THIS THERE IS NOTHING HIDDEN.”

13. In MIRQAA’ SHARH MISHKAT, MULLA ALI QARI says,

“IMAM GHAZALI said that when you go to the mosque send greetings upon the Holy Messenger (alayhi salato salaam) as HE IS PRESENT INSIDE MOSQUES.”

[The Dobb will claim this quote is fabricated! Go and look it up!]

14. In NASEEM AL RIYAADH, SHARH AL SHIFAA OF QADI AYAD, VOLUME 3 near the end, it says,

“The Blessed Prophets are both PHYSICALLY AND MANIFESTLY with men [bashar]. And their spiritual and inner [batin] powers are regal. That is why THEY SEE ALL THOSE IN THE EAST AND THE WEST AND HEAR THE NOISE OF THE SKIES and can smell Gabriel’s scent when he comes to visit them.”

15. In MADARIJ AN NABUWWA, PAGE 480,VOLUME 2, SECTION 4, ‘WASL HAYAAT ANBIYA’ it is written,

“After this IF IT IS SAID THAT ALLAH TAALA HAS GIVEN THE HOLY PROPHET ALAYHI SALATO SALAM SUCH POWER AND STATUS THAT HE CAN GO INTO WHICH EVER HOUSE HE WISHES WHETHER WITH THE SAME BODY OR A BODY FROM ALAM AL MITHAL, WHETHER IN THE SKIES OR IN THE GRAVE , IT IS CORRECT….”

[So, Mr. Dobb and followers who is right.....you or the author of Madaarij an Nabuwwa?]

16. In TAFSIR RUH AL BAYAAN at the end of SURAH MULK it is written,

“IMAM GHAZZALI (alayh irahmat) said that the Holy Prophet sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam has the capability, along with the souls of his Blessed Companions, to travel in the world. MANY AWLIYA HAVE SEEN HIM (ALAYHI SALATO SALAM)”. (P. 184)

From these words and sayings of the fuqaha and the Scholars of the Ummah it has been WELL PROVEN THAT THE HOLY MESSENGER SAL ALLAHU ALAYHI WA SALLAM IS HAZIR AND NAZIR. “

[End of quotes from the book Jaa al Haq]

Indeed it has! My Sunni brothers, now you will see that the belief of His Excellency sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam being Haazir wa Naazir of the Ahl as-Sunna wal-Jamaah is correct and true and the belief of the Ahle Sunnah wa al Jamaat scholars throughout history.

It has been proven by the Qur’an, Hadith and Classical Texts as some demanded, alhamdulillah with the grace of Allah and the gaze of his Beloved One and the blessings of my Shaykh and all of the Awliya Allah. I have above in this brief treatise given SIXTEEN (16) proofs. Now it is up to the Deobandis to show these 16 proofs to be wrong. And this is just the tip of the iceberg! Many more exist and are given in the great book Jaa al Haq wa Zaahiqata al Baatil by Hazrat Mufti Ahmad Yaar Khan. This topic alone runs there to over 50 pages!

Therefore if the Deobandis now can answer they may try. Of course they can always say that the above myriad authors and great savants of Islam are all wrong, or misquoted (!), and only they and the Wahabbis are correct. Other than that, you will agree, they have NOT GOT A LEG TO STAND ON. Of course they will continue to rant and rave. ‘Deaf, dumb and blind’ is an apt description of them.

Finally I end with a poem by Hadrat Imam Abu Hanifa in Qaseeda Nau’maan:

WA iza sam’itu fa’ ‘anka qawlan tayyiban

Wa iza nazarto fa la arayaa illaka

When I listen, it is only to your remembrance
And when I see, I see nothing but you!

May Allah protect us all from the Wahabbi/Deobandi fitna.

And All Praise Be to Allah, Lord of the Worlds.

Posted 23 June 2005 - 02:25 PM (#4) User is offline   Zahid-bhatti 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

Muhammad's Life
The Light of Prophet Muhammad
Nur al-Muhammadiyyah
Sall Allahu Alaihi wa Sallim
Explanation of Verse 26:219
God said to the Prophet (s): "Wa tawakkal `ala al-`azizi-r-rahim al-ladhi yaraka hina taqum wa taqallubaka fi-s-sajidin" (al-Shu`araa 26:217-219), "And rely on the Almighty, the Merciful, Who sees you when you rise up, and your descending (lit. "taking turns") among those who fall prostrate in worship." The literal translation of the last verse is that God sees the Prophet's various postures when he prays in congregation; but Ibn `Abbas and a number of commentators after him have seen in the verse a reference to the Prophet's descent through the loins of his ancestors, who were all pious worshippers and prophets.
The Prophet, Blessings and Peace be upon him, has referred to his "descent through the ancestors" in the following three hadiths:
• "I have been sent as a Prophet in the best of all the generations of Adam's offspring, generation after generation, until I came to be in the generation that I came to be" (Bukhari, Book of the Virtues and Merits of the Prophet and Companions).
• "I was cast into the clay of Adam and was the promise of my father Ibrahim and the good news of `Isa ibn Maryam" (Several chains in Ahmad 4:127-128, Bayhaqi in the Shu`ab #1385 and in Dala'il al-nubuwwa 1:83, 2:130 and Hakim, Dhahabi weakens it, but Qadi `Iyad cites it in the Shifa among his "sound and well-known traditions").
• "When God created Adam, He made me descend to the earth in his loins. He put me in the loins of Nuh in the Ark and cast me into the fire in the loins of Ibrahim. Then he continued to move me from noble loins to pure wombs until He brought me out from my parents. None of them ever met in fornication." (Ibn Abi `Umar al-`Adani relates in his 'Musnad', al-Tilimsani cites it, and Qadi `Iyad included it among his "sound and well-known traditions.")
Qadi `Iyad says after quoting the last hadith: "This is what al-`Abbas ibn `Abd al-Muttalib was indicating when he said:
"... Before you came to this world,
you were excellent in the shadows and in the repository (i.e. loins)
in the time when they (Adam and Eve) covered themselves with leaves.
Then you descended through the ages...
When you were born, the earth shone
and the horizon was illuminated by your light.
We travel in that illumination
and in the light and in the paths of right guidance."
Ali al-Qari in his 'Sharh al-Shifa'(1:364) says it is related by Abu Bakr al-Shafi`i and Tabarani, and cited by Ibn `Abd al-Barr and Ibn al-Qayyim respectively in 'al-Isti`ab' and 'Huda Nabiyy Allah (s)'
This light is also the explanation of verse 26:219 found in a classical Indian commentary, the "Tafsir Uthmani": "Some of the earlier writers have said that in this verse sajidin represents the fathers of the Holy Prophet (s), that is, the translation [i.e. transmission] of the Light of the Last Messenger (s) from one prophet to the other prophet culminating in the external appearance of the Prophet (s) in this world of matter. Some scholars by this verse have confirmed the iman (belief) of the Prophet's parents." Allama Shabbir Ahmad Uthmani, Tafsir Uthmani, trans. Muhammad Ashfaq Ahmad (Bombay: Taj Publishers, 1992) vol. 2, p. 1657.
Suyuti in his book 'Masaalik al-Hunafa' fi waalidayy al-MuSTafa (s)' [Methods of Those With Pure Belief Concerning the Parents of the Prophet (s), also contained in 'al-Hawi li al-Fatawi'] (Cairo: Dar al-Ameen, 1414/1993) presents this view and cites it also from Fakhr al-Din Razi, Shahrastani, Mawardi and others:
"al-Razi states in 'Asrar al-Tanzil' that some scholars have said that Azar was not Ibrahim's father but his uncle because, among other proofs, the parents of prophets are not unbelievers. Proving the latter is the verse: "[Your Lord] Who sees you when you stand, and your turning [taqallubaka] among those who prostrate themselves" (26:218-219), i.e. your descent through the loins of your ancestors, who are called: worshippers. He continued: And what proves that the Prophet's (s) parents were not idolaters is his saying: "I was carried from the loins of the pure men into the wombs of the pure women" [Lam azal unqal...] Therefore it is necessary that none of his ancestors be a mushrik because Allah said: "The idolaters only are unclean" (9:28)... The above is verbatim what Imam Razi said, and I remind you of his status as the Imam Ahl al-Sunna among his contemporaries, the principal upholder of belief against the various sects of innovators, the one who defended the truth of the Ash`ari creed in his time, and the Mujaddid (renewer) of this umma in the sixth century." p. 39-40.
"Further, Imam Shahrastani said in 'al-milal wal-niHal': "The light of the Prophet (s) appeared partly in the features of Abd al-MuTTalib, and with the blessing of this light he was inspired to vow to slaughter his child [cf. Ibn Hisham, 'Sira'], and with its blessing also he used to order his children to avoid wrong-doing and rebellion... and with the blessing of this light he said to Abraha: This house has a Lord which shall defend it." (P. 64)
"Further probative views are that of Imam Abul Hasan al-Mawardi in 'A`lam al-nubuwwa' who said: "Ibn `Abbas said in interpreting the verse of 'taqallubaka' that it means "your translation down from the pure loins of your fathers until He made you a prophet", and the light of prophecy was present in the Prophet's (s) parents, and the Prophet (s) had no partner in inheriting it, that is, no brother and no sister, because the perfection [Safwa] of his parents resides in him, and the greatness of their lineage [nasab] is derived from him alone, and that is also why they died young. (p. 67-68).
"Abu Ja`far al-Nahhas in 'Ma`aani al-Qur'aan' also quotes Ibn `Abbas's explanation and adds: "How well did Shams al-Din ibn Nasir al-Din al-Dimashqi speak when he said:
Ahmad (s) progressed as a great light which shone in the foreheads of those who made prostration. He took turns in them century after century Until he appeared as the best of messengers.
"And Sharaf al-Din al-Busiri the author of the 'Burda' said [in another poem]:
You (O Muhammad) are the light of every perfection,
And no light takes its source from other than your light." (p. 68-69)
God gave permission to countless people to see the Prophet's light referred to in the various explanations above, for example:
• to Waraqa ibn Naufal's sister, who wished to marry the Prophet's father Abdullah ibn Abd al-Muttalib, when she saw a light in his forehead, but changed her mind after she saw him again without that light, as Amina, the Prophet's mother, had received it, i.e. conceived him, Peace be upon him (Ibn Hisham);
• to Bahira the Monk who recognized the Prophet from afar by the overhanging light that singled him out among other people (I.H.);
• to the Prophet's own mother Amina bint Wahb, according to his words: "When my mother gave birth to me she saw a light proceeding from her which showed her the castles of Syria"; (Ibn Hisham; Tafsir Ibn Kathir 4:360; Bayhaqi, Dala'il an-Nubuwwa 1:110; Haythami, Zawa'id 8:221; Ibn al-Jawzi, 'al-Wafa'; Qadi Iyad, 'al-Shifa').
• to Amr ibn al-`As who said on his deathbed that after he had entered Islam, the Prophet seemed so radiant (ajall) in his eyes that he could not bear to look at him for any length of time (Muslim)

Posted 23 June 2005 - 02:35 PM (#5) User is offline   Zahid-bhatti 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

Authority of Prophet

Bismillah-hir-Rahman-nir-Raheem: In the Name of Allah, the Most Compassionate, the Most Merciful
Way of the Prophet (SAW)

Hadith Qudsi 11: On the authority of Abu Harayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) from the Prophet (PBUH), who said: Allah (mighty and sublime be He) said: Spend (on charity), O son of Adam, and I shall spend on you.
It was related by al-Bukhari (also by Muslim).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hadith Qudsi 12: On the authority of Abu Mas'ud al-Ansari (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (may the blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: A man from among those who were before you was called to account. Nothing in the way of good was found for him except that he used to have dealings with people and, being well-to-do, he would order his servants to let off the man in straitened circumstances [from repaying his debt]. He (the Prophet p.b.u.h) said that Allah said: We are worthier than you of that (of being so generous). Let him off.
It was related by Muslim (also by al-Bukhari and an-Nasa'i)
. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hadith Qudsi 13: On the authority of Adiyy ibn Hatim (may Allah be pleased with him), who said: I was with the Messenger of Allah (may the blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) and there came to him two men: one of them was complaining of penury (being very poor), while the other was complaining of brigandry (robbery). The Messenger of Allah (may the blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: As for brigandry, it will be but a short time before a caravan will [be able to] go out of Mecca without a guard. As for penury, the Hour (Day of Judgement) will not arrive before one of you takes his charity around without finding anyone to accept it from him. Then (1) one of you will surely stand before Allah, there being no screed between Him and him, nor an interpreter to translate for him. Then He will say to him: Did I not bring you wealth? And he will say: Yes. Then He will say: Did I not send to you a messenger? And he will say: Yes. And he will look to his right and will see nothing but Hell-fire, then he will look to his left and will see nothing but Hell-fire, so let each of you protect himself against Hell-fire, be it with even half a date - and if he finds it not, then with a kind word. (1) i.e. at the time of the Hour.
It was related by al-Bukhari.
Hadith Qudsi 14: On the authority of Abu Harayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) from the Prophet (PBUH), who said: Allah (glorified and exalted be He) has supernumerary angels who rove about seeking out gatherings in which Allah's name is being invoked: they sit with them and fold their wings round each other, fillin that which is between them and between the lowest heaven. When [the people in the gathering] depart, [the angels] ascend and rise up to heaven. He (the Prophet p.b.u.h.) said: Then Allah (mighty and sublime be He) asks them - [though] He is most knowing about them: From where have you come? And they say: We have come from some servants of Yours on Earth: they were glorifying You (Subhana llah), exalting you (Allahu akbar), witnessing that there is no god but You (La ilaha illa llah), praising You (Al-Hamdu lillah), and asking [favours] of You. He says: And what do they ask of Me? They say: They ask of You Your Paradise. He says: And have they seen My Paradise? They say: No, O Lord. He says: And how would it be were they to have seen My Paradise! They say: And they ask protection of You. He says: From what do they ask protection of Me? They say: From Your Hell-fire, O Lord. He says: And have they seen My Hell-fire? They say: NO. He says: And how would it be were they to have seen My Hell-fire: They say: And they ask for Your forgiveness. He (the Prophet p.b.u.h) said: Then He says: I have forgiven them and I have bestowed upon them what they have asked for,and I have granted them sanctuary from that from which they asked protection. He (the Prophet p.b.u.h) said: They say: O Lord, among then is So-and-so, a much sinning servant, who was merely passing by and sat down with them. He (the Prophet p.b.u.h) said: And He says: And to him [too] I have given forgiveness: he who sits with such people shall not suffer.
It was related by Muslim (also by al-Bukhari, at-Tirmidhi, and an-Nasa'i)
. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hadith Qudsi 15: On the authority of Abu Harayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Prophet (PBUH) said: Allah the Almighty said: I am as My servant thinks I am (1). I am with him when he makes mention of Me. If he makes mention of Me to himself, I make mention of him to Myself; and if he makes mention of Me in an assembly, I make mention of him in an assemble better than it. And if he draws near to Me an arm's length, I draw near to him a fathom's length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed. (1) Another possible rendering of the Arabic is: "I am as My servant expects Me to be". The meaning is that forgiveness and acceptance of repentance by the Almighty is subject to His servant truly believing that He is forgiving and merciful. However, not to accompany such belief with right action would be to mock the Almighty.
It was related by al-Buhkari (also by Muslim, at-Tirmidhi and Ibn-Majah)
Hadith Qudsi 16: On the authority of son of Abbas (may Allah be pleased with them both), from the Messenger of Allah (PBUH), among the sayings he related from his Lord (glorified and exalted be He) is that He said: Allah has written down the good deeds and the bad ones. Then He explained it [by saying that] he who has intended a good deed and has not done it, Allah writes it down with Himself as a full good deed, but if he has intended it and has done it, Allah writes it down with Himself as from ten good deeds to seven hundred times, or many times over. But if he has intended a bad deed and has not done it, Allah writes it down with Himself as a full good deed, but if he has intended it and has done it, Allah writes it down as one bad deed.
It was related by al-Bukhari and Muslim.
Hadith Qudsi 17: On the authority of Abu Dharr al-Ghifari (may Allah be pleased with him) from the Prophet (PBUH) is that among the sayings he relates from his Lord (may He be glorified) is that He said: O My servants, I have forbidden oppression for Myself and have made it forbidden amongst you, so do not oppress one another. O My servants, all of you are astray except for those I have guided, so seek guidance of Me and I shall guide you, O My servants, all of you are hungry except for those I have fed, so seek food of Me and I shall feed you. O My servants, all of you are naked except for those I have clothed, so seek clothing of Me and I shall clothe you. O My servants, you sin by night and by day, and I forgive all sins, so seek forgiveness of Me and I shall forgive you. O My servants, you will not attain harming Me so as to harm Me, and will not attain benefitting Me so as to benefit Me. O My servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to be as pious as the most pious heart of any one man of you, that would not increase My kingdom in anything. O My servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to be as wicked as the most wicked heart of any one man of you, that would not decrease My kingdom in anything. O My servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to rise up in one place and make a request of Me, and were I to give everyone what he requested, that would not decrease what I have, any more that a needle decreases the sea if put into it. O My servants, it is but your deeds that I reckon up for you and then recompense you for, so let him finds good praise Allah and let him who finds other that blame no one but himself. It was related by Muslim (also by at-Tirmidhi and Ibn Majah).
Hadith Qudsi 18: On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said: Allah (mighty and sublime be He) will say on the Day of Resurrection: O son of Adam, I fell ill and you visited Me not. He will say: O Lord, and how should I visit You when You are the Lord of the worlds? He will say: Did you not know that My servant So-and-so had fallen ill and you visited him not? Did you not know that had you visited him you would have found Me with him? O son of Adam, I asked you for food and you fed Me not. He will say: O Lord, and how should I feed You when You are the Lord of the worlds? He will say: Did you not know that My servant So-and-so asked you for food and you fed him not? Did you not know that had you fed him you would surely have found that (the reward for doing so) with Me? O son of Adam, I asked you to give Me to drink and you gave Me not to drink. He will say: O Lord, how should I give You to drink whin You are the Lord of the worlds? He will say: My servant So-and-so asked you to give him to drink and you gave him not to drink. Had you given him to drink you would have surely found that with Me.
It was related by Muslim.
Hadith Qudsi 19: On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said: Allah (mighty and sublime be He) said: Pride is my cloak and greatness My robe, and he who competes with Me in respect of either of them I shall cast into Hell-fire.
It was related by Abu Dawud (also by Ibn Majah and Ahmad) with sound chains of authority. This Hadith also appears in Muslim in another version
Hadith Qudsi 20: On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said: The gates of Paradise will be opened on Mondays and on Thursdays, and every servant [of Allah] who associates nothing with Allah will be forgiven, except for the man who has a grudge against his brother. [About them] it will be said: Delay these two until they are reconciled; delay these two until they are reconciled.
It was related by Muslim (also by Malik and Abu Dawud).

Hadith Qudsi 21- 30

Posted 23 June 2005 - 03:00 PM (#6) User is offline   Zahid-bhatti 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

http://www.islamicac...lat-o-Salam.htm

English Articles
Sharia'a Permissibility of Salawat and Salam
By Ismail Ebrahim
CONTENTS:
1) Introduction
2) The Permissibility of reciting Salawat and Salaam (From Qur'aan and Hadith)
3) Qiyaam (Reciting Salawat and Salaam whilst respectfully Standing)
4) Refutation against the groundless arguments raised against Qiyaam
5) Using the 'Harf-e-Nidaa' when reciting Salawat and Salaam (Permissibility of saying Ya Rasoolullah ! , Ya Nabi ! etc.)
6) An explanation of the characteristic of being Haazir and Naazir as attributed to the Holy Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam)
6.1) A general explanation of Haazir and Naazir
6.2) The Holy Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) as being a Witness (Shaahid)
6.3) The Holy Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) Seeing and Hearing from afar
6.4) The Holy Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) traveling at high speeds and making himself (physically) present
6.5) The Seeing of the Holy Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) by the Awliya
6.6) The Holy Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) present in many places at the same time
7) Some objections raised by those against Salawat and Salaam
8) Conclusion
PREFACE
Nahmadahu wanu’salli a’la Rasoolihil Kareem
The noble action of the recitation of the Salawaat and Salaam, be it in whatever language, and in the manner of standing with utmost reverence, is not confined to the Ahle Sunnah from amongst the Indo-Pak region only, but can be traced to almost every country from Africa to the remote regions of the far North and spreading across from Asia to the heart of America.
None of the authentic Kitaab written by the righteous scholars of the Ahle Sunnah, who are in the majority, have ever condemned this practice of the recitation and the standing and indeed no objection can be found either in the Glorious Qur’aan or the Ahadith. However, there are still a minority group who severely condemn this practice and have labeled this very practice as Shirk, Bid’at and Haraam.
A book of this nature was very much needed and, Alhamdulillah, Brother Ismail Ebrahim, a university student, has researched this topic extensively using a number of authentic Kitaabs, and has answered every objection and misconception, thus proving the permissibility of standing and reciting the Salawaat and Salaam. I have also had the privilege of reading through the manuscript and have found all the sources to be exact.
May Almighty Allah, through the Wasila of the Holy Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam), grant Brother Ismail His special Favors and assist him in upholding the pristine teachings of the Ahle Sunnah Wa Jamaat at a time when false ideologies are misleading the Ummah from the Straight Path. Aameen.
It is also my fervent Du’a that the youth read this book with the light of Imaan and the objectivity that it deserves so that the practice of standing and reciting the Salawaat and Salaam continues to grow and the love of the Holy Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) becomes a foundation of their beliefs. Aameen.
Maulana Abdun Nabi Hamidi
Chairman: Sunni Ulema Council (Tvl.)
1) INTRODUCTION
This publication is intended to settle any controversy surrounding the issue of reciting Salawat (Durood) and Salaam [Blessings and Salutations] upon the Holy Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) :
(A) In a standing position (Qiyaam),
(B) Using terms of addressing Rasoolullah (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) directly e.g.. Ya Nabi Salaam 'Alaika !, and
© With the thought in mind that Rasoolullah (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) is Haazir and Naazir.
Words such as Shirk and Bid'a have been attributed to this blessed practice by those who are ignorant of the blessings of reciting Salawat and Salaam and of the true meanings of the words Shirk and Bid'a, thereby leaving certain sectors in the community in a state of utter confusion. These students of the 14th Islamic Century, in their haste to pronounce this noble act as a bid'a, have even ignored the opinion of their own spiritual luminaries, who practiced and advocated this noble act.
The permissibility of reciting Salawat and Salaam is one of the many beliefs which distinguishes the Ahle-Sunnah Wal Jama'at from the other sects of Baatil (Deviation).
It is our intention to remove the stigma of Bid'a and Shirk attributed to this noble practice by presenting documented proof from the Qur'aan, Sunnah and the great Islamic scholars of the Hijaaz (Arabia), Misr (Egypt), Shaam (Syria) and Indo-Paksubcontinent.
We have systematically categorized the baseless arguments that have arisen over the years into separate chapters. We, thereafter, answered each argument thereby proving once and for all the permissibility of reciting Salawat and Salaam from Qur'aan, Hadith and by citing examples from books written by the scholars of Deoband.
You are therefore urged to read this book with an open mind and decide for yourself.
Compiler
2) THE PERMISSIBILITY OF RECITING SALAWAT AND SALAAM (FROM QUR'AN AND HADITH)
It is completely within the Shari'ah (Islamic Law) to recite Salutations and Blessings upon Allah's Messenger (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) as is evident in the following Qur'aanic ayat : "Undoubtedly, Allah and His Angels send blessings on the Prophet (the Communicator of Unseen News), O you who believe ! Send upon him blessings and salute him fully well in abundance" (Surah al-Ahzab, Verse 56)
Almighty Allah in the Holy Qur'aan has enjoined the performance of many things by us such as Salaah, Fasting, Hajj etc. and has praised His Prophets and described their good qualities. He created Hadhrat Adam ('alaihis salaam) and directed the Angels to do Sajda (prostration) to him. However, he does not say in any of His directions, "I (Allah) am doing it, therefore you should do likewise". This honor was exclusively conferred upon our Beloved Nabi Hadhrat Muhammad (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam). Here, in the above verse, Almighty Allah at the very outset attributed Salawat (recital of blessings) on our Beloved Nabi Hadhrat Muhammad (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam), first to Himself (Sunnat-i-Ilaahi), then to His Angels (Sunnat-i-Malaa'ika), and after this enjoined on the Muslims (Sunnat-i-Mu'mineen) to do the same, by saying, "Undoubtedly, Allah and His Angels send blessings on the Prophet (the Communicator of Unseen News), O you who believe ! Send upon him blessings and salute him fully well in abundance". There cannot be a greater honor for the Believers than this, who have been favored with a share in this Divine performance with Almighty Allah and His Angels.
It is stated in the commentary of the Qur'aan, Tafseer-i-Rooh al-Bayaan, "Some Ulema are of the opinion that the meaning of Allah's blessing is, to raise Hadhrat Muhammad Mustafa (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) to Maqaam-i-Mahmood (Glorious Station), the place from where he will intercede to Almighty Allah on behalf of his Ummat; the Angels' blessing means their prayer for enhancing the position of Hadhrat Muhammad Mustafa (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) and beseeching forgiveness for his followers. Blessings on the path of the believers means to obey, love and eulogize him." Tafseer-i-Rooh al-Bayaan further states that the honor and reverence shown to Hadhrat Muhammad (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) is of a much greater degree than shown to Hadhrat Adam ('alaihis salaam) to whom only Angels were made to bow down (in honor). For in honoring Hadhrat Muhammad Mustafa (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) Almighty Allah has also attributed it to Himself, whereas in the case of Hadhrat Adam ('alaihis salaam) Almighty Allah asked only the Angels to show honor.
Having established and expounded on the injunction of the Holy Qur'aan we quote a few Ahaadith of the Holy Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) pertaining to Salawat and Salaam.
Imam Tibraani (rahmat ullah alaih) has recorded this Hadith narrated by Hadhrat Abu Darda (radi allahu 'anhu) :
The Holy Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) said : "Increase your recitation of DUROOD on me on Friday because on this day Angels present themselves to me. There is no servant of Allah who recites SALUTATIONS upon me, except that his voice reaches me from wherever he is". The Companions asked even after your departure ? "He replied, Yes after my departure too, because Allah has made it Haraam upon the earth to consume the bodies of the Prophets". (Jila-ul Ifhaam, by Ibn Qayyim)
“On Fridays recite the Salawat for me repeatedly ! The Salawat will be conveyed to me." (Ibn Habbaan, Ibn Maaja, Abu Dawood)
When it was asked whether it would be conveyed to him after his Wisaal also, the Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) answered, "Soil does not rot Prophets' bodies. Whenever a Muslim says the Salawat for me, an Angel informs me of it and says, 'So-and-so's son, so-and-so of your Ummah sent his Salaam and prayed for you.'"
Sahl ibn Sa`d (radi allahu 'anhu) narrates: Allah's Messenger (sallallahu 'alaihi wasalam) came out and met Abu Talha. The latter rose and went to him saying: "My father and mother be sacrificed for you, O Messenger of Allah! I see joy and delight in your countenance?" The Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) said: "Yes, for Gabriel has just come to me saying: O Muhammad, whoever among your Community invokes blessings upon you once, Allah records for Him ten meritorious deeds, erases from his register ten evil deeds, and raises him ten degrees because of it." (al-Sakhawi, al-Qawl al-badi` p. 107., al-Sakhawi said: "Our shaykh (Ibn Hajar) graded it hasan without doubt.")
"Invoke blessings upon me abundantly on Friday because it is a day that is (particularly) witnessed and the Angels witness it (abundantly). As soon as a person invokes blessings on me his invocation is shown to me until he ends it." Abu al-Darda' (radi allahu 'anhu) said: "Even after (your) death?" The Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) replied: "Verily, Allah has forbidden the earth to consume the bodies of Prophets." (Related by Ibn Majah with a sound chain through Abu al-Darda'. Also related with a sound chain from Aws ibn Aws al-Thaqafi by Ahmad, Ibn Abi Shayba, Abu Dawud, al-Nasa`i, Ibn Majah, al-Darimi, Ibn Khuzayma, Ibn Hibban, al-Hakim (sahih, confirmed by Dhahabi), Tabarani in his Kabir, and Bayhaqi in many places, some with the initial addition of the following: "The best of your days is Friday, for in it Adam was created, and in it his soul was taken back, and in it is the blowing of the Horn, and in it is the universal Seizure, therefore invoke blessings upon me abundantly on Friday," etc. The first part (concerning the order to invoke more Salat on Friday and the disclosure of this invocation to the Prophet) is related by Bayhaqi in Shu`ab al-Iman through Abi Umama, Anas, and Abu Mas`ud al-Ansari, and by al-Hakim in his Mustadrak from the latter. Shafi`i in his Musnad relates the first part only ("Invoke blessings upon me abundantly on Friday") mursal from Safwan ibn Salim.)
The Holy Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) says in a Hadith, "Definitely there are many Angels of Allah that sojourn the earth and bring the Salaam of my Ummat to me". (Narrated by Nisai and Ibn Habban)
Hadhrat 'Abd ar-Rahman bin 'Auf (radi allahu 'anhu) says that one day the Holy Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) came and entered a date garden. There he performed a very long prostration. Hadhrat 'Abd ar-Rahman (radi allahu 'anhu) feared that Allah had sent death to him. He drew close to him and began to look at him. The Holy Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) raised his holy head from the prostration and asked what had happened to him, then he disclosed his fear to him. At this, the Holy Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) said Hadhrat Jibra'il ('alaihis salaam) asked whether he should not give him glad tidings that Allah said that He would send blessings to the person who recited the Holy Qur'an on him and peace and security to the person who bade Salutations to him. (Ahmad)
These are just a few Ahaadith. It is established beyond any doubt that the recitation of Salawat and Salaam has its origin in the Qur'aan and Hadith.
3) QIYAAM : RECITING SALAWAT AND SALAAM WHILST RESPECTFULLY STANDING
Standing up (Qiyaam) whilst offering Salawat (Blessings) and Salaam (Salutations) to Rasoolullah (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam), in terms of religion is desirable and commendable (mustahab) according to the belief of the Ahl us-Sunnah. It is an act of happiness, respect and love, the origin of which is established from Shari’ah. This is the consensus of opinion of the entire Ulema of Ahl us-Sunnah. Furthermore, it is known that anyone who visits the Prophet (sallallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) in Madina is obliged to stand in front of him with utmost respect at the time he gives him greetings and salutations. No scholar of Ahle Sunnah for over 1400 years has ever objected to it with a view to it being a bad Bid'a (innovation).
Qiyaam is of three kinds :
1 -Qiyaam-e-Musarrat, or standing up for a person as an expression of happiness,
2 -Qiyaam-e-Muhabbat, or standing up for a person as an expression of love, and
3 -Qiyaam-e-'Azmat or standing up in honor of a person.
The origin of Qiyaam-e-Musarrat is derived from the action of the companion of the Holy Prophet Hadhrat Muhammad (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam), as proved from the following Hadith :
Hadhrat Uthman (radi allahu 'anhu) said, "The Holy Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) passed away before we could ask him the solution to this problem." Hadhrat Abu Bakr (radi allahu 'anhu) said, "I have already asked him concerning this affair ..." Then Hadhrat Uthman (radi allahu 'anhu) said (upon hearing this glad tidings from Hadhrat Abu Bakr (radi allahu 'anhu)), "I stood up for him." (Sahih Bukhari)
Similarly, the origin of Qiyaam-e-Muhabbat is from the following Hadith:
Hadhrat Aisha Siddiqa (radi allahu 'anha) has narrated :
“I have never encountered anyone that had emulated the Holy Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) in manner, likeness and speech [and with another chain of narrators : I have never seen anyone even come near her with the above qualities] more than Fatima (radi allahu 'anha), may Allah honor her face. When she came in to visit him (the Prophet) he got up to (welcome) her, took her by the hand, kissed her and made her sit where he was sitting; and when he went in to visit her, she got up to (welcome) him, took him by the hand, kissed him, and made him sit where she was sitting”. (Sunan Abu Dawood; Ash’atul Lama’aat)
Similarly the origin of Qiyaam-e-'Azmat is derived from the following narration :
Narrated Abu Sa 'id al-Khudri (radi allahu 'anhu) : The people of (Banu) Quraiza agreed to accept the verdict of Sa'd bin Mu'adh. So the Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) sent for Sa'ad, and the latter came (riding) a donkey and when he approached the Mosque, the Prophet(sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) said to the Ansar, "Get up for your chief or for the best among you !" (Sahih Bukhaari, Vol. 5, Chapter 29, Hadith 447)
Indeed Hadhrat Sa'd (radi allahu 'anhu) is worthy of such honor. Narrated Jabir (radi allahu 'anhu) : I heard the Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) saying, "The Throne (of Allah) shook at the death of Sa'ad bin Mu'adh."
Allama Ibn Hajar Makki (rahmat allahi 'alaih) states in Moulidatil Kabeer, "It is proven from Sunnah to stand for others besides the Holy Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam), thus in honor of the Holy Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) it is permissible in the first instance. The proof hereof is the command to stand the Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) gave in respect of Sa'ad ibn Muadh."
Imam Nawawi (rahmat allahi 'alaih) holds the same view (in his commentary of this Hadith) and he even quotes the opinion of Qadi 'Iyad (rahmat allahi 'alaih). (See Sharh Sahih Muslim and al-Tarkhis for Imam Nawawi's view on Qiyaam)
Also commenting on this Hadith Hadhrat Shaikh 'Abdul Haq Muhaddith Dehlawi (rahmat allahi 'alaih) writes, "A great number of eminent Ulema have taken this Hadith as proof in support of Qiyaam in Meelad." (Ash atul Lama'aat) [For an opinion on the authenticity of Hadhrat Shaikh 'Abd al-Haqq Muhaddith (rahmat allahi 'alaih) we refer to Moulvi Ashraf 'Ali Thanwi who says, "Shah 'Abd al-Haqq Sahib used to have the blessed vision of the Holy Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) daily" and " ... Shaikh ('Abd al-Haqq) has a vast knowledge of Hadith"]
The Qiyaam during Mawlid an-Nabi (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) may represent the three kinds of Qiyaam as discussed above, because it is a manifestation of happiness, love and honor towards the occasion which is celebrated to thank Allah for his arrival. However, the 'ulama have also collectively designated these Qiyaam as Qiyaam-e-Tazimi, i.e. standing up in honor, love and happiness of a person, and in this case, to the Holy Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam).
In a Hadith reported by Hadhrath Abu Huraira (radi allahu 'anhu), he says, "The Holy Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) was seated with us in the mosque and speaking to us. When he rose to depart, we all rose with him and remained standing until he entered any of the houses of his Blessed Wives." (Mishkaat- Kitabul-Adaab, Babul Qiyaam, Page 403)
Usama ibn Sharik (radi allahu 'anhu) narrates : "I came to see the Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) while his Companions were with him, and they seemed as still as if birds had alighted on top of their heads. I gave him my Salaam and I sat down. [Then Bedouins came and asked questions which the Prophet answered.] ... The Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) then stood up and the PEOPLE STOOD UP. They began to kiss his hand, whereupon I took his hand and placed it on my face. I found it more fragrant than musk and cooler than sweet water."(Narrated by Abu Dawud [#3855], Ti[2038 - hasan sahih], Ibn Majah [3436], al-Hakim [4:399], and Ahmad [4:278]. Al- Hafiz Imam Bayhaqi cites it in Branch 15 of his Su'ab ul-iman entitled : The Fifteenth Branch of Faith, Namely A Chapter On Rendering honor To The Prophet, Declaring His High Rank, And Revering Him Vol. 2 p.200 [#1528])
Narrated 'Abd Allah ibn 'Umar (radi allahu 'anhu): Ibn 'Umar (radi allahu 'anhu) was sent with a detachment by the Apostle of Allah (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam). The people wheeled round in flight. He said : I was one of those who wheeled round in flight. When we stopped we said : What should we do? We have run away from the battlefield and deserve Allah's wrath. Then we said: Let us enter Madinah, stay there, and go there while no one sees us. So we entered the city and thought : If we present ourselves before Allah's Apostle, and if there is a change of repentance for us, we shall stay; if there is something else, we shall go away. So we sat down (waiting)for the Apostle of Allah before the dawn prayer. When he came out, WE STOOD UP TO HIM and said : We are the ones who have fled. He turned to us and said : No, you are the ones who return to fight after wheeling away. We then approached and kissed his hand, and he said : I am the main body of the Muslims. (Abu Dawud, Book 14 [Jihad], Number 2641) This Hadith is also found in al-Abhari; in the book of al-hafiz Ibn Muqri on standing up and kissing the hand out of respect; in the Adab al- Mufrad of Imam Bukhaari (Chapter on kissing the Hand and Chapter on Kissing the Foot), in Ibn Maja (Adab), in Bayhaqi's Dala'il an-Nubuwwa, and in the Musnad of Ahmad ibn Hanbal)
Jabir (radi allahu 'anhu) said: "`Umar ibn al-Khattab GOT UP and kissed the hand of Allah's Messenger." Ibn al-Muqri' narrates it in al-Rukhsa (p. 71 #11) and although its chain contains `Ubayd Allah ibn Sa`id who is weak, Ibn Hajar included it among Ibn al-Muqri's good narrations (min jayyidiha) on the subject (Fath al-Bari 11:66). Tabari narrates it mursal [missing the Companion-link] through al-Suddi in his Tafsir in commenting on verse 5:101: "Do not ask of things which once shown to you would hurt you" with the wording: "`Umar ibn al-Khattab GOT UP and kissed the foot of Allah's Messenger and said: O Messenger of Allah, we are pleased with Allah as our Lord, with Islam as our religion, and with Muhammad as our Prophet, and with the Qur'an as our Book. Forgive, and Allah will forgive you (fa`fu `afallahu `anka). And he did not cease until the Prophet softened."
It is mentioned in Hisn-al-Haseen, on the basis of several Ahaadith, "When any man enters a masjid he should say, 'With Allah's name. And Salutations be on His Rasool (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam)'"
Allama Sakhawi (rahmat allahi 'alaih) has narrated from the Hadith of Hadhrat Ali (radi allahu 'anhu), "Whenever you enter the masjid, recite Durood for Rasoolullah (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam)" - and has also quoted a Hadith narrated by Hadhrat Fathima (radi allahu 'anha), the daughter of Rasoolullah (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) who said, "Whenever Rasoolullah (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) entered the masjid he recited first Durood and Salaam for Hadhrat Muhammad (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) (i.e. upon Himself) … "
Those that are antagonistic to Qiyaam and also claim to follow the Sunnah are therefore according to this Hadith advised to recite Durood and Salaam when entering the Masjid. Adherence to this Sunnah would mean that the antagonists would be hypocritically sending Salawat and Salaam to the Holy Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) whilst standing. Non-adherence of this Sunnah makes their claim of being the ardent followers of Rasoolullah (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) without substance !
Those that masquerade as the "true upholders" of the Sunnah, by claiming to follow the footsteps of the Sahaaba-e-Kiraam and continuously misquoting the Ahaadith of the Blessed Companions of Rasoolullah (sallalahu 'alaihi wasallam) should take cognizance of the following Hadith:
Once Hadhrath Ka'ab (radi allahu 'anhu) said to Hadhrath Abu Huraira (radi allahu 'anhu), "I am telling you two things which you should not forget. One, whenever you enter a musjid recite Salawat for the Holy Prophet (sallalahu 'alaihi wasallam), and then this Du'aa, 'O Allah forgive me my sins and open for me the doors of Thy Mercy !'"
If the antagonist is adamant in his objection to the performance of Qiyaam (while reciting Salawat) and maintains that the only posture permitted to recite Salawat is the posture of Jalsa (in Salaah when reciting "Attahiyyaat") then the only option open to him is to sit at the entrance of the masjid recite the Salawat, and thereafter enter ! Seeing that we have not observed anyone entering the masjid in such a manner, it is therefore deduced that persons entering the masjid are either reciting the Salawat whilst in Qiyaam, or omitting this directive of Rasoolullah (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam). If this great practice is intentionally omitted, then they are guilty of not adhering to the advice of the Sahaaba-e-Kiraam.
Evidence from the Ulema of the Ahl as-Sunnah
Imam Nawawi (rahmat allahi 'alaih) says :
al-Shaykh Abu Muhammad told us - Abu Taher al-Khashaw'i told us - Abu Muhammad al-Akfani told us - Al-hafiz Abu Bakr al-Khatib al-Baghdadi told us by permission not hearing : - Al-Husayn ibn 'Ali al-Jawhari told us - 'Amr ibn al-'Abbas al-Khazzaz related to us - Abu Bakr al-Sawli told us - Ishaq ibn Ibrahim al-Qazzaz told us - Ishaq al-Shahidi related to us:
I would see Yahya al-Qattan - may Allah the Exalted have mercy on him - pray the mid-afternoon prayer, then sit with his back against the base of the minaret of his mosque. Then Ali ibn al-Madini, al-Shadhakuni, 'Amr ibn 'Ali, Ahmad ibn Hanbal, Yahya ibn Ma'in, and others would stand before him and ask him questions about Hadith standing on their feet until it was time for the sunset prayer. He would not say to a single one of them. "Sit" nor would they sit, out of awe and reverence.
Imam Nawawi (rahmat allahi 'alaih) said, the Hafiz Abu Musa al-Ashbahani (rahmat allahi 'alaih) recited :
Qiyami wa al-'aziz ilyaka haqqun
I swear by the All-Powerful that my standing for you (O Prophet) is right and true
Wa tarku al-haqqi ma la yastaqimu
And to leave truth and right is to embrace error
Fa hal ahadun lahu 'aqlun wa lubbun wa ma'rifa yaraka fa la yaqumu ?
I ask: can anyone possessed of a mind and a heart and knowledge, upon seeing you, not stand up?
(see Sharh Sahih Muslim and al-Tarkhis by Imam Nawawi)
It must be noted that Hafiz Abu Musa (rahmat allahi 'alaih) made Wisaal in 581, more than five centuries after the time of the Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam), and yet stands for him in the present tense and mentions "seeing him": this seeing of the Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) by the pious Believers both in a sleeping and a wakeful state is an attested fact in the Shari’a which has been mentioned by the scholars, among them al-Haytami (rahmat allahi 'alaih) in his Fatawa Hadithiyya (see Chapter 6.5 for the fatwa)
Musa ibn Dawud al-Dubbi (d. 217) (radi allahu 'anhu) said: "I was with Sufyan ibn `Uyayna (d. 198) when Husayn ibn `Ali al-Ju`fi (d. 203) came, whereupon Sufyan STOOD UP and kissed his hand." Narrated with sound chains by Ibn Sa`d in his Tabaqat (6:397 "Husayn al-Ju`fi") and Ibn al-I`rabi in al-Qubal. Also al-Mizzi in al-Tahdhib (6:452) and al-Dhahabi in the Syar (9:398).
Allama Ibn Hajar Makki (rahmat allahi 'alaih) says, "To stand at the mention of the Prophet's (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) Birth (Mawlid) is something the Ahlas-Sunnah Wa 'l Jamaa'a have all agreed upon, as being a commendable action. And the Holy Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) says, 'My followers do not agree upon misguidance and the Hand of Allah is upon the (majority) group; and he who deviates, deviates towards the Fire (of Hell). (Tirmidhi)'" (Mawlidatil Kabeer, Page 85)
Allama Ibn Hajar (rahmat allahi 'alaih) states at another place, "It is proven from the Sunnah to stand for others besides the Holy Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam), thus in honor of the Holy Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) it is permissible in the first instance. The proof hereof is the command to stand the Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) gave in respect of Sa'd ibn Mu'adh."
With this Hadith with referance of Imam Nawawi, Imam Baghwi and Allama Khattabi (may Allah be pleased with all of them) state, "To stand for one's leader, or just ruler, or teacher, is a beloved action." The acceptance of the repentance of Ka'ab ibn Maalik (radi allahu 'anhu) is related by himself, "I departed to present myself at the Holy Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam), and when I entered the Prophet's Mosque I saw him sitting with the Companions around him, whereupon Talha ibn 'Ubaidullah, on seeing me, STOOD UP, and shook hands with me and congratulated me upon my repentance!" (Mawlidatil-Kabeer, Page 93)
Sheikh-ud-Dalaa'il Mawlana Sheikh Abd al-Haqq Muhaddith Allahabaadi (rahmat allahi 'alaih) has written a researched book called, Ad Durrul Munazzam Fi Bayaanil Hukmil Mawlidin Nabi-yil-A'zam (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam). This book has been authenticated by Hajee Imdadullah Muhaajir Makki (rahmat allahi 'alaih) the mentor of many of the Deobandis. The Scholars of Deoband like Muhammad Rahmatullah Muhaajir Makki, Sayyid Hamzah, Abdullah Ansari (son in law of Qasim Nanotwi) and Muhammad Jameel-ur-Rahmaan Khan have also authenticated this book as is evident from the laudatory notes included in the book.
In the fourth chapter of this book the author has recorded in detail incidents which manifested themselves at the time when theHoly Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) was born. These include, "a cluster of stars concentrated over the roof of his house at the time of the birth of the Holy Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam); Angels hoisted flags on holy Baitul Laah and in the east and in the west; the whole atmosphere was filled with the voices of Angels and houries reciting Salutations to him in the STANDING POSITION and congratulating each other and rejoicing with abandon; animals also congratulated each other at the birth of the holy Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam), the Ka'batul Laah bowed in a manner of saluting, and the falsehood vanished and the light of truth spread light in all directions."(Pages 54, 72, 91; Mawaahib-e-Ladunniyah by Imam Qasatalani Page 57; Mauladul Uroos by Imam Ibn Jawzi Pages 3, 7, 26; Shawaahidun NubuwwahPage 55; As-Seeratul Halbiyah by Allamah Ali Bin Burhaan Page 94; Khasaa'is-e-Kubra by Imam Suyuti Volume 1, Page 45; Zurqaani Volume1 , Page 112,116)
Angels do exactly as they are commanded. This is testified to by the Holy Qur'aan: "Wa Yaf'aloona Ma Yu'maroon". Whatever the Angels did then was at Allah's command.
Haji Imdaadullah Muhaajir Makki (rahmat allahi 'alaih), a great scholar and spiritual guide of the scholars of Deoband, (namely, Moulvi Ashraf 'Ali Thanwi, Moulvi Rasheed Ahmad Gangohi and Moulvi Qaasim Nanotwi) stated the following as recorded by Moulvi Ashraf 'Ali Thanwi himself, "To reject such a practice is to be denied a great deal of good. If one stands for respect when the sacred name of the Holy Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) is mentioned in a Mawlid Shareef, what harm is there ? When someone (an ordinary person) appears we stand up for him, so if we stand up for our Master to show respect, what wrong is there ?" (Imdaadul Mushtaaq, Page 88 [Imdaadul Mushtaaq was authored by Ashraf 'Ali Thanwi, the ideologue of the scholars of Deoband. It is a biography of his spiritual guide, Haji Imdaadullah Muhaajir Makki (rahmat allahi 'alaih)])
Haji Imdaadullah (rahmat allahi 'alaih) further states,"The way of this servant (himself) is this: I present myself in the gathering of Meelad regarding it as a means of blessing I even commemorate it and I gain great pleasure and peace by STANDING."(Faisla Haft Mas'ala, Page 5)
Continue to read http://www.islamicacademy.org/...lish/Salat-o-Salam.htm by clicking on that web link

Posted 23 June 2005 - 03:17 PM (#7) User is offline   Zahid-bhatti 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

Kissing the Thumbs, etc. during Adhan?

I hope that you are well and in good health with the grace of Allah Ta'allah. I spoke to you in the Mosque yesterday after your kutba, my name is [xyz].

I would like to know whether kissing the thumbs and putting them on your eyes on hearing the Prophet Muhammad (blessing and peace of Allah be upon him and his family) in the azan has any basis according to Shafi mazhab? I have read that it is not aloud, but i have read that there is a Hadith about Hazrat Abu Bakr (may Allah be please with him) doing this action and the Prophet (blessing and peace of Allah be upon him and his family) saying follow my companions sunnah. According to the literature this Ahadith is not authentic (weak), can you enlight me on this subject. I follow Hanafi mazhab but I want to hear your answer on this subject coz your neutral because your a Shafi teacher I want to know what the ruling is in Shafi mazhab.

Allah Hafiz

Ma sha' Allah, Rabbi zidni 'ilman!

In fiqh, the discussion of taqbil al-unbulatayn wa mash al-'aynayn is usually found at the end of Bab Adhan. Certain gestures performed during the adhan, and specifically the 'amal of kissing the thumbs and wiping the eye, are something known to Shafi'is, and there can be no objection whatsoever by our jurists (and any jurists for that matter) to those wishing to perform this 'amal: as far as we are concerned, it is classified under the category of the Fada'il al-A'mal [I'anat, 1:243; al-Jurdani, Fath al-'Allam, 2:140-1].

Among its legal bases ['ilal] is that it is a Sunna of the first Khalifa of the Messenger of Allah (may Allah's blessings and peace be upon him!) [i.e., an Athar of the first Khalifa], and it is also based on a number of Hadiths, of which the most well known is the Hadith of Abu Bakr (may Allah be well pleased with him!):

lammA sami'a qawla l-mu'adhdhini ashhadu anna MuHammadan rasUluLlAhi qAla hAdhA wa qabbila bATina l-unmulatayni l-sabbAbatayni wa masaHa 'aynayhi fa-qAla SallaLlAhu 'alayhi wa sallama man fa'ala mithla khalIlI faqad Hallat 'alayhi shafA'atI [Whenever he [Abu Bakr] heard the Mu'addhin say: "I bear witness that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah", he would repeat this [phrase as it is the Mandub of Adhan] and would kiss the tip of the index fingers [or thumbs] and wipe his eyes. The Prophet (may Allah's peace and blessings be upon him!) said: whosoever does what my friend [i.e., Abu Bakr] did, my intercession will come down upon him] (Related by al-Daylami, with variants).

Almost all of the Muhaddith consider this and other Hadiths like it to be weak [Da'if] (at its lowest level, a Marfu' Hadith [something ascribed to the Prophet]; and it is because the Hadith is Da'if that the 'amal is counted among the Fada'il, and not the confirmed Sunna!). Nevertheless, this is definitely not a fabricated Hadith [Mawdu'], and weak Hadiths are not and cannot be considered as false and lies. Furthermore, as Sayyid 'Alawi al-Maliki (may Allah be pleased with him!) reported in his dedicated treatise on the rules concerning the use of weak Hadiths, the Manhal Latif, that scholars of the four law-schools [madhhab] concurred by Ijma' [Consensus]--and that this Ijma' was recorded from the time of the Mujtahid Imam, Ahmad Ibn Hanbal (may Allah be well pleased with him!) until now--that any Hadith which are Da'if (as long as it is not Mawdu'), can be acted upon for the Fada'il al-A'mal ['Alawi al-Maliki, Manhal, 251-253]. Literally, "Fada'il al-A'mal" means 'extra works'; but technically it means the extra acts of devotion performed, or refrained from, beyond one's call of duty in order to please the Lawmaker, that is, an 'amal that can lead to it's being classed either as recommended [i.e., Mandub/Sunna/Mustahabb] or disliked [Makruh] but never Wajib [obligatory] or Haram [prohibited]. In this mas'ala, of course, it is a recommended act (and not Makruh).

Know that he who blames others--in the name of bid'a--for carrying out an 'amal, saying that it is based on a weak Hadith or that the 'amal is not based on an authentic Hadith, shows a sign that he may not be a trained faqih (whether he is called a Mufti/Shaykh/Mawlana or not); and that he probably has knowledge only of the literal Arabic but not a deep understanding of what is beyond the text, which is what the jurist is expected to know. In the old days, when scholarship was taken for granted (because scholastic 'alims were many and accessible then), even the public knew that a weak Hadith can form the basis of an 'amal. Imam al-Nawawi (may Allah be pleased with him!), in his popular work the Adhkar, says:

"The specialists of Hadiths [i.e., Muhaddith] and the jurists [Fuqaha'] and other (scholars) have said that one is permitted, and in fact is recommended, to use weak Hadith in matters of 'extra acts of devotion' [Fada'il] and in 'arousing one's desire to do good and inspiring one's fear from doing evil' [Targhib wa al-Tarhib]--as long as it is not a fabricated Hadith. As for the legal rulings pertaining to what is lawful and unlawful [al-Halal wa al-Haram], buying and selling, marriage and divorce, and others like it [because all of them involve either an injunctive legal ruling [Hukm Shar'i Taklifi] (such as Haram and Wajib) or a stipulatory legal ruling [Hukm Shar'i Wad'i] (such as Shart and Mani')] are concerned, one can only use a rigorously authenticated Hadith [Sahih] or a well authenticated Hadith [Hasan], except if a precautionary ruling [Ihtiyat] is [involved] in some matter relating to one of them. So, if a weak Hadith is found to object against some types of sales or some form of marriages, then it is recommended to avoid it (i.e., the sale or the marriage) even when it is not obligatory to do so [and even when the sale or the marriage is legally valid]." [al-Nawawi, Adhkar, 7-8]

I am not a Hanafi scholar (from whom you should really be asking your fiqhi/furu' questions), but classical Hanafi reference texts such as those of the Muhaqqiq of your school, Ibn 'Abidin (and in spite the fact that he knew this 'amal is based on weak Hadiths, he nevertheless) relates the opinion that this 'amal is permissible and even Mustahabb, that is, the act when done will entail a reward. [Ibn 'Abidin, Hashiya, 2:84-5]. In practice, apart from the Hanafis, some Shafi'i communities have inherited this 'amal, and among the Malikis, those who are in the Sudan.

###Qa'ida### To this end, we could sum up a point of law tersely in the following maxim: al-'amalu bi-r-riDA yanfI l-Hurmata [an act that is consented to, prevents prohibition].
What I mean by this qa'ida is that once something has been accepted by some of the mustahiqq, in this case, the scholars and the public alike, no one has any right [haqq] to object to it.

So do not be swayed by what you read if Muslims have been doing this in the past and are still doing this fadila 'amal. If there are others who blame you for carrying on with this inherited 'amal, then know that the person, apart from wasting his precious time, knows not how to leave alone what does not concern him [tark ma la ya'nih] where his time could be better spent in improving the lot of the Muslims today or benefiting others in this world. Not only does he not know how to mind his own business, but he has no right whatsoever to censure [Ihtisab] you in the first place (and by not tolerating and by criticizing you on this, he himself is transgressing a well known rule of Bab Amr bi-l-Ma'ruf wa Nahi 'an al-Munkar [roughly speaking, the duty of a Muslim to intervene when another is acting wrongly]: that the duty has no application in matters over which the fuqaha' differed, thereby making himself liable for others to advise him). Furthermore, what is more embarrassing is that there is no legal basis ['illa] and cause [sabab] that warrants a Hisba for this case, or at least no jurist properly schooled will ever entertain the thought. For when others are blamed by a Muhtasib for carrying out this 'amal, it is no different from the case of someone becoming upset at the sight of a pedestrian suddenly stopping to remove a wad of old chewing gum from his path (ponder over this!) or at the very minimum, complaining why a customer is buying only apples and not oranges.

According to Shafi'i jurists, this act is counted among the Fada'il, and there are undeniable benefits for those who wish to take from it and they are means to make one rich in the Next world; and in the same way that the one performing it cannot criticize others for neglecting it, nor can others criticize those who carry on doing it. It is a matter of personal choice (for one's private-but-made-public bank account is no one else's in the Next world) if one wants to take or overlook this Fadila in this world: take it or leave it, no more.

Allahumma aj'alna mina'l-'amilin wa-la taj'alna mina'l-mutakallikim!

[O' Allah! Make us among those who do some work, not among those who can only talk]; Amin!

May this be of benefit.

wa sallallahu 'ala Muhammadin wa 'ala alihi wa sahbihi wa sallam
wa billahi t-tawfiq wa l-hidaya wa l-hamdulillah rabbi l-'alamin.

Your silent brother in Oxford,

M. Afifi al-Akiti
24 Muharram 1425
17 III 2004

Select Bibliography:

'Alawi al-Maliki. al-Manhal al-Latif fi Ahkam al-Hadith al-Da'if. In Majmu' Fatawa wa-Rasa'il al-Imam al-Sayyid 'Alawi al-Maliki al-Hasani. Edited by [his son and our scholar] Muhammad ibn 'Alawi al-Maliki al-Makki al-Hasani. [Medina: Matabi' al-Rashid], 1413 H.

al-Bakri. Hashiyat I'anat al-Talibin. 4 vols. Bulaq, 1300 H.

al-Jurdani. Fath al-'Allam bi-Sharh Murshid al-Anam fi al-Fiqh 'ala Madhhab al-Sadah al-Shafi'iyah. Edited by Muhammad al-Hajjar. 4 vols. Cairo: Dar al-Salam, 1990.

Ibn 'Abidin. Radd al-Muhtar 'ala Durr al-Mukhtar Hashiyat Ibn 'Abidin. Edited by 'Abd al-Majid Tu'mah Halabi. 12 vols. Beirut: Dar al-Ma'rifa, 2000.

al-Nawawi. al-Adhkar al-Muntakhab min Kalam Sayyid al-Abrar. Beirut: al-Maktaba al-'Umawiyya, 1955.

Posted 23 June 2005 - 03:27 PM (#8) User is offline   Zahid-bhatti 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

Esal-e-Thawab
By Ahmad Noor-ul-Muqtada
http://abuusman01.tripod.com/ip.htm
Transferring the reward of good deeds to others
Rectification of this problem is very difficult! It is very difficult!! Yes if Allah helps it is not difficult at all. It is very easy. But the methods of Esal-e-Thawab, which are in vogue, are such that these are not ordered by Allah nor His Rasool has prescribed them. The Companions did not employ these methods either. The four Aaimma (religious Jurisprudents) also did not recommend them in their books.
There is a Maulvi Sahib who is not only a Maulvi himself but also he is a Director of a Deeni Madrasah (religious school). It means that lie is not only a Maulvi by himself but he is the maker of Maulvis to others. He has the factory of making Maulvis. where Maulvis are prepared. And he is also my student. He is not simply like those students of these days. He is very sincere, loving and obedient. He is very dutiful and helpful.
His mother passed away. In the name of Esal-e-Thawab preparations and
program of Teeja was being considered. 1 explained to him that the custom of this Teeja is not permissible. It is also against Sunnah. There is no proof of this custom of Esal-e-Thawab in Shariah. You should avoid this custom. Remember that he was a very much obedient and dutiful student of mine but he did not accept my advice. Then I told him that if you performed the custom of Teeja 1 would not participate in it. Eventually, he told me that if he did not perform this custom the community and brotherhood would become displeased. Therefore we are obliged to do this. In reply, I said to dim "At first I thought this custom to be a mere innovation. Now I understand it is not only an innovation but it is a Shirk (polytheism) too. Because you are not doing this for the sake of Allah. You are afraid of your community, not of Allah. You regard your brotherhood and community as being Allah and this is clear shirk (polytheism). Whatever you are doing, you are doing for the sake of getting round other than Allah. Although that Maulvi Sahib was very much obedient and complying but he did not agree to my advice and the Satan overpowered him and after all he performed the custom of Teeja. He was afraid that the community would get displeased and he would not be able to face them. People are worried about saving their reputation in the world but they do not mind to get their neck cut in
the hereafter.
This fits to the example that there were some nose-less people sitting in an assembly. There came a man whose nose was not cut like them. All people began to laugh pointing towards him, see this man, he has a nose. See him, he has a nose! And this man was as brave as the Maulvi sahib, who was afraid of the community. The man took a knife and cut his nose as well. This was done just to save himself from the laughter and taunting of the people. Imagine how the people are afraid of the customs and community. And see how cruel this community is! There is a calamity on one side that some body's dear one passes away and the other side the relatives of the deceased are preparing themselves to enjoy the feast of Korma and Pulao (sauce and rice dishes)!
Now I think that whenever somebody gets ill his or her relatives would not [nay for Ins health. Instead, they may aspire that when he/she passes away there is Teeja and Chelum and feasts of Korma and Pulao. And when this is over they may pray for another to set ill and die so that the) may have another least of Teeja and Chelum and so and so forth. Whenever they hear that somebody has been admitted to the hospital their happiness knows no bounds. And they may say that time of enjoying Korma and Pulao ise approaching.
Today's shameless Muslim and the shameless people of community are like vultures waiting for the dying animal to get their sustenance. Now we will get some eating! Now we will get some eating! If there is no fear of Allah, and there is no care of the Hereafter and there is no fear of accountability and there is no regard for Islam, at least they must have some shame! Somebody's relative has passed away, he is in a state of shock and the other thing is that he has incurred expenses for the treatment and shrouding and burying of the deceased. But the shameless community members are in wait for what ever the money is left behind in the house, let us have the Korma and Pulao.
Once, when I came out of my house I saw that some degs (cauldrons) are put on the fireplace. I thought that there is a marriage ceremony. Later, I learnt that somebody had died. These relatives are so cruel that on the demise of someone they enjoy feasts as if there is a function of wedding. This is a heinous act of apathy. And I wonder how these shameless people swallow the morsel of
Korma.
If you really want to perform Esal-e-Thawab, really you have love for the deceased, if you really feel for the deceased then why the method of esal-e-thawab as told by Rasoolullah sallallahu "alaihe wasallam is not enough for you! Listen, what is the reality of the esal-e lhawab. Every good deed that a person does for himself if he intends to transfer the thawab (reward) to others, the thawab will reach them. You pray nafil salat for yourself, you keep nafil fasts, you recite the Holy Quran, you count rosary for Tasbeehat, you pay charity and alms, you perform nafil Hajj and 'Umra, lor all these you just intend that the thawab of these acts should reach such and such person. The thawab will reach the intended person or persons, this is the only and simple way of esal-e-thawab. The thawab of your good actions, for which you were entitled to thawab, you will also gey it and for whom you intended will also get the entire thawab of it.
There is a general misunderstanding about esal-e-thawab. Peoole think that the esal-e-thawab can be done only for the deceased people. You understand it very well, esal-e-thawab can be done for the dead people as well as for people who are still alive!
I have published my will and have asked the people to do esal-e-thawab for me. Some of the people had the doubt that I am still alive, how esal-e-thawab can be done for me?
Therefore, I have explained that Esal-e-thawab can be done for the people alive too. Whatever Ibadat (good deeds) you perform for yourself, just make intention that the thawab of it may reach such and such persons also. The thawab will reach them as you intended.
There is a Hadith in which Rasoolullah (sallallahu 'alaihe wasallam) has said, there are seven types of people to whom Allah Ta'ala will take them into the fold of His blessing when there will be no shade to save the people and they would be drowning in their sweats. As much the sins, the sweat would also be proportionate to it. Some people would be knee deep, some would be unto their navels, some unto their chests and some unto their lips and some be drowned totally. (To be continued)
(This is a translation of a sermon byHazrat Mufti Rasheed Ahmad Ludhyanvi rahimahumullah, Current Innovations and Groundless customs
INNER PAGES OF DHARB-I-MUMIN
THE SAD DEMISE OF
MUFTI RASHEED AHMAD
(Rahimahullah)
By Muhammad Wali Razi
Praise belongs to Allah who created the Universe and sustains it; and Durud and Salaam be on the last of all Prophets who made the truth prevail over falsehood.
Dear Readers, Assalamu-u-Alaykum New year Mubarak
"Verily belongs to Allah whatever He takes away and whatever He gives. Everything has a prescribed time in the will of Allah. "(Nisa'i)
The departure of Hazrat Mufti Rasheed Ahmad Ludhyanvi (rahimahullah) was felt as a wave of shock throughout the Islamic circles of the Indo-Pak sub-continent by his thousands of followers and admirers. His demise has left a visible vacuum in Islamic fiqh, Hadith and spiritual leadership. He started his initial education in 1353 of Islamic Calendar. His dedication to Islamic cause has a history of more than sixty six years. He was bom in a small village of the Khaniwal District of Pakistan on 3rd Safar 1341 Hijrah (26th September 1926). His ancestors belonged to Ludhyana of East Punjab. His father Maulana Saleem (rahmatullah 'alaihe) was a religious and God-fearing man. He was among the prominent disciples of Hakim-ul-Ummah Hazrat Maulana Ashraf 'Ali Thanvi (rahmatullah 'alaihe).
His mother started teaching him the Holy Quran when he was 5 years of age. His father was extra-keen to embellish his son with the knowledge of the Quran and Sunnah. He sent him to acquire Islamic sciences in Madinatul 'Ilm in a village of Hyderabad distt., in 1353 Hijrah.
He started his teaching in 1362 and from then on till his last breath every moment of his life was devoted to the service of the Quran and Sunnah. He specialized in Islamic fiqh of Hanafi thought and was considered among the great Muftis of this era.
Having heard much about the great Islamic University of Darul 'Uloom Deoband, he had a desire to get hi-graduation degree from Darul 'Uloom Deoband. He went to Darul 'Uloom Deoband in Shawwal 1360 Hijrah had the honour of being the student of such great 'Ulama as Hazrat Maulana Husain Madani, Maulana E'zaz 'All and MuftiMuhammad Shaft (rahmatullah 'alaihe). In addition to his usual studies,he sough spiritual guidance initially from Maulana E'zaz (rahmatullah 'alaihe) and then from Maulana Syed Husain Ahmad Madani (rahmatullah 'alaihe). My father Mufti Muhammad Shafi (rahmatullah 'alaihe) the founder of Darul 'Uloom Karachi, invited his services as Sheikul Hadith in Darul 'Uloom Karachi in 1376. He served Darul 'Uloom Karachi upto 1383. He taught Sahih Bukhari 20 times in his life. This indicates his deep knowledge in Hadith also. It was during this period that my notable younger brothers Mufti Muhammad Rafi 'Usmani and Justice Mufti Muhammad Taqi Usmani directly benefited from his scholarly lectures in the class and had an opportunity to be guided by him in other academic issues.
The writer, though not his regular student, had many occasions of being enlightened by his spiritual discourses. In June 2002, when unexpected I was included in the Sindh Cabinet as Minister of Religious affairs for Zakah, Ushr and minorities Affairs, decided to call on him for obtaining his blessing and prayer. I telephoned him, which was attended by one of his assistants and requested him to spare a few minutes for me at his convenience. visited him in his Madrasah Darul Ifta wal Irshad after ' Asr prayer. He was having his usual session of spiritual discourses. As he saw me entering, he asked the people to escort me to his place. I requested permission to sit there for a few minutes to listen to his discourses. I sat there, and was highly delighted to hear what he said. At the end of this visit, 1 asked him to advice me something with regard to my new responsibilities. He said, "Be firm in your faith in Allah and before deciding any matter in your power, decide it with Justice and equity. This responsibilities is a trust placed upon your shoulders from Allah. Discharge this trust with the fear of Allah".
Mufti Rasheed Ahmad Ludhyanvi had prominence in various spheres of Islamic activity. Tafsir, Hadith, Fiqh and Jihad were only few spheres in which his contribution will make his name ineffaceable for a longtime to come.
A person like me is not capable of finding adequate words which will justify his life long services to Islam and the Muslim Ummah. Here is a humble account of his main services:
(1) He authored more than 150 books and booklets which offer valuable research work.
(2) He wrote more than 50 thousand 'fatawa' Islamic verdicts. His book, Ahsanul Fatawa, comprising of more than 10 volumes (7 of them already printed) is a treasure of juristic information and enjoys great academic values.
(3) He rendered his services as a teacher of Hadith, fiqh and other spheres ol Islamic aspects for as long as 40 years.
(4) He founded Darul Ifta wal Irshad, a great centre of Islamic learning and spiritual training.
(5) He was the founder of the Al-Rasheed Trust which offered massive help to the Mujahideen and Afghan Muhajireen.
(6) The daily Islam and weekly Dharb-i-Mu'min was started under his guidance with a visible orientation to the coverage of the Mujahideen all over world.
Hazrat Mufti Rasheed Ahmad (rahmatullah 'alaihe) was a multi-dimentional personality and in fact, an institution in his person. Being out of Karachi, I was deprived of the honour of participating in his funeral prayer. His sad demise has left a vacuum which can hardly be filled by a single man in future.
May Allah accept his humble efforts, in His way and favour him with His special blessings and enable his followers to carry out his mission. Amin.
[ Courtesy "Monthly Al-balagh" (English) ]

By Dr Abdul Malik Khwaja
All patriotic Americans must read this article, which will guide them to the understanding of Islamic extremist and moderate groups' point of view about the Federal Government of their United States America.
Extremist's View
Behind the current global crisis lies a struggle against the oppression of US government and the struggle is clearly supported by Islamic teachings. Death during fighting against any oppressor is the most high rank in Islamic faith which is called Martyrdom. In the heart of every Muslim, the zeal for martyrdom for a good cause has made all sophisticated weapons of to-day obsolete and redundant.
Extremists believe that US government has been committing crimes against humanity right from the beginning of its establishment e.g atrocities against Red Indians, lynching of African slaves, bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki and currently carrying out most despicable covert missions through out the world without the knowledge of the American public. Consequently, the Muslims' opposition to American aggression against Islamic states, make the American public think that Muslims are fanatics.
US policies towards Middle East especially Palestine and Iraq, are as barbaric as the treatment of American grandfathers to their African slaves, and the Red Indians. There was a clause in the US Constitution that black people are only one third human being, therefore, extremists believe that the US government is based on a Satanic doctrine.
In retrospect, extremists espouse the idea firmly that US government policy toward Islamic states is highly discriminatory and oppressive. They also believe that US arsenal power is not meant to serve humanity but to oppress the world nations and take action unilaterally against many nations and favour few, such as in the case of Israel and Palestine dispute, while the atrocity and barbaric acts of Israeli government are well known to the American government, therefore, extremists cling to the notion that US government is a Satan.
Extremists also believe that US government manipulates and orchestrates events in the world through CIA, such as the downfall of Shah of Iran, one of the closest allies of the United States at one time for not obeying its order; the downfall of General Noriago of Panama for his arrogance. The assassination of King Faisal for his Muslim Brotherhood, and the assassination of president of Pakistan General Zia for disagreeing with them on security issues.
Furthermore they believe that the downfall of BCCI banking system was planned and designed by CIA, and the war between Kuwait and Iraq was orchestrated purposely to destroy the Iraq and Kuwait economies, to establish strategic military bases in Saudi Arabia, to establish presence in the area, and collect war revenues for the American defence industry. They also believe that US government is involved in drug trafficking locally and globally. The Iran Contra Scandal; the CIA's involvement in selling drugs to street gangs in Los Angeles are two of many examples.
They are also aware of the injustice in the criminal justice system of US where evidence is manipulated and fabricated such as in the criminal case of O.J. Simpson. Federal prosecutors bribe and coerce witnesses to build up criminal cases against innocent people; and misinterpret the language of US Constitution with the consent of judges in criminal federal courts at district and circuit levels. Post conviction remedies in criminal cases are empty rituals, consequently, they obtain 98% conviction rate. The evil of federal government does not stop here. Groups fighting for independence in the United States such as in Northern States, and state of Texas (State Militia) are
implicated in crimes and are put behind the bar for a long period of time, to wit, the group behind Oklahoma bombing wants independence from Federal Government of America claiming that the Federal Government is violating the Constitution of United States. Two of the many reasons are stated below:
(1) By interfering in state affairs.
(2) Sending troops to foreign soil to fight for the interest of special groups.
The group behind the struggle of independence for Texas State contends that annexing the State of Texas with the Untied Stated is illegal, both groups are being oppressed: where as the US government creates such type of groups in other countries and support them covertly. Another discriminatory policy, is that the American government tries to bring to justice war criminals of other countries such as the President of Yugoslavia, but fail miserably in bringing Israeli war criminals to justice.
Federal Government of USA has been harbouring criminals of other countries by giving the reason that they will be killed if they are extradited. On the contrary, it is demanding of the other nations to extradite American suspects asking them arrogantly to those "Whether you are with us or with the terrorists".
The Federal Government of USA is serious in its ambitions to expand its modern imperialism and enslave Islamic states financially and militarily. Currently, America is trying to enslave Afghans. In this case, America must remember the Hindu who was saying in his prayer, "Save me form the venom of the cobra and the vengeance of Afghans".
Extremists also claim that a layman and, a man influenced by Western Media
and culture cannot envision the long term horrible consequences of American imperialism, but short-term benefits are there for all to see.
Soldiers of Islam (extremists) have envisioned the evil and future threats coming from the US government, however, extremists firmly believe that Muslim nations can co-exist peacefully with other nations when equal rights are given; denial of rights in terms of sanctions, embargoes, discriminatory policies and creating political and financial turmoil makes extremists invoke the saying of Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu "alaihe wa sallam) that on the Day of Judgement both oppressors and oppressed will be punished——oppressors for oppressing and, oppressed for not resisting the oppressor.
Since one can not milk a cow saying "Please" to her, extremists have declared war against oppression, but they do not have as destructive devices as America has. Peaceful protests and demonstrations against the atrocities in Palestine and Iraq did not work, therefore, guerrilla warfare is the only solution; unfortunately, unwanted civilian causality is unavoidable in modern age warfare.
They believe they are solders of Islam and they have to protect Islamic interest everywhere in the world just as USA is trying to protect its interest in the world. Extremists believe that the jihad of Islamic countries condemns publicly the act of fighting' against American oppression. This condemnation is under the pressure and in fear of US government reprisal.
Opponents of extremists' doctrine will change their opinion when they come to know about the genocide of Muslims which is preplanned by the Untied States. Tyranny and atrocity of the United States in supporting Israel against the unarmed Palestinians and invading Iraq and Afghanistan are the initial steps toward the genocide of Muslims. The world historians will write the phrase "Islamic freedom fighters" instead "Islamic terrorist" when ' the American government's plan is exposed and understood.
Extremists also rebuff the claim of Western Society that they are a group of civilized nations. In Western Society there are 20% homosexuals, bisexuals and lesbians, who are marrying in churches and adopting children. Every 4th child born in the Western society is out of wedlock, every 7th person comes from a broken family, family institution • is diminished, 40% of the population suffers from depression and anxiety. Women are harassed in workplaces (President Clinton and Monica Lewinsky Scandal) and are made objects of sexual entertainment.
The images of the lowest rung of Islamic society are shown on Western media, should the same media show the lowest rung (ghettos) of their own society, a rational mind would easily be able to judge as to which society is more civilized.
Extremists believe that US government's support in helping Muslims in Kosovo and Bosnia was to weaken the Hostile government of Yugoslavia and stabilize Europe for financial hegemony. Should U.S.A really want to help Muslims then Palestine, and Kashmir issues should have been the first to be dealt with, because these issues destabilize Islamic region, and these issues are established in the U.N.O. for a long time.
Extremists believe Osama Bin Laden is not responsible for the current crises. If he is, then the U.S. government should provide clear and convincing evidence other that of the coerced and bribed witnesses.
Extremists believe 11 September tragedy points the finger to Jewish conspiracy for the following reasons:
1) On the day of the tragedy none of the 4000 Jews working in the area were present at the site.
2) Prime Minister of Israel canceled his visit to New York in emergency.
3) The complex movement of Airlines industry stock market shares is a Jewish trade, and the movement took place a day before the tragedy to make windfall profit later on.
4) If Osama Bin Laden organized the attack on WTC then he would not have chosen the Jewish holiday to carry out such a sophisticated attack without sweeping all the Jews in the lot. It was organized by a Jewish organization for the following reasons:
5) Marking certain changes in the financial sectors in the global and local markets relating flight of capital. These changes will become international and local laws in the future, and Jewish banking community will make windfall profits from the new cartel of transferring money which is triggered from this tragedy.
6) To humiliate President Bush's government. The Jewish community did not support him in the last election.
8) Anthrax tragedy is pointing the finger to White Supremacist groups in the Northern States of America because Anthrax came from the laboratories in those states and they always look for such opportunities to get even with the Federal Government.
Finally, American leaders must clearly comprehend that they cannot fool the Islamic nations with their acrobatic language that it is not 'a war against Islam' in their efforts to gain their support for invading Afghanistan.
Moderate Muslims' point of view:
Moderate Muslims believe that there is an evil behind U.S.A. Government, which should be understood by Muslims, and rooted out by creating a new Banking and Economic System rather than taking provocative actions, so that Islamic countries can co-exist peacefully with the West. The background of evil of U.S.A. Government lies with World Financial Organizations.
The World Bank, IMF, and Federal Reserve Bank of the United States control the world's economy. No country can make any significant progress without the will of these private organizations and their under ground bosses. Brazil is as large as United States of America and equally rich in natural resources but the difference lies in the financial co-operation and political motivation of the invisible bosses of these organizations.
In retrospect, the bosses of these organizations are friends of no nation, and have no desire to be politicians or public figures but aim to control the world politics and the economy of the world, and apply whatever means are necessary to achieve this objective. They operate from the United States and the Federal Government of the country works for them as a Police Force to carry out their orders in the world. In return, the Federal Government of USA receives a blank check and other financial cooperation to boost the economy of the country.
Do these organizations have tangible assets to fund all the loans given to different nations including America or do they manipulate nations with their own banking acrobatic rules and regulations and rotate paper money and financial instruments; use public tangible assets and control the movements of each nation as they wish? No country has seriously addressed this question as yet.
These organizations shrewdly maintain a high reputation of their financial instruments and business transactions in the world; therefore, people accept them and give their tangible assets against these instruments. These organizations would issue a zillion dollar instrument each second and 24 hours a day, had they known that the world (recipients) could pay them back.
These organization have their own hidden agenda to control the economy and political will of each country. Reluctant nations would face sooner or later dire consequences in financial and political infrastructure, to wit, Afghanistan, Iran, Libya and Iraq are the most recent examples, and Japan was in the past. To them, the most hated and dangerous countries are the Islamic States because of their religious doctrine (i.e not to be oppressed by any foreign regime). It is difficult for them to control and govern them thus, they constantly keep Islamic States in financial turmoil or in fear of political revolution.
These organizations fully control the political will and financial system of the United States and Western Europe, to wit, Federal Reserve of United States prints U.S currency at the cost of 3 cents per unit whether it is one-dollar denomination or 1000 Dollars and sells it to U.S. government on the face value of the unit. This organization is keeping the public of the United States busy in comfort and engaging them in paying the monthly instalments for the luxury which is provided to them, thus, the public does not have time to interfere in the their affairs and do not care as long as they live in a comfort zone.
These organization have a hidden agenda to eliminate any head of state that dares to speak ill of them; and to tilt the economy of the nation (including America) that stands against them. They fully control the legislative, executive, and administrative branches of United States of America; therefore, the U.S.A government is subservient to these organizations and has become the launching pad for all the coven and overt missions of these organizations.
J.F Kennady (Former President of USA) issued an executive order No 1111 to abolish Federal Reserve Bank System but he was assassinated three months after issuing the order.
Furthermore, the citizens of United States are innocent and harmless, therefore, these organizations skilfully control public media and ingeniously orchestrate a social control through the media. Family and religious values are purposely destroyed to disunite the family system, all in the name of freedom. Addiction of media is given in very heavy doses so that every word said on the media can be taken as Gospel truth by the general public.
These organizations are not accountable to any government of the world for producing paper money, financial instruments, and spreading them throughout the world as loans and receiving tangible assets from loan-recipient couni ries in repayment.
Unfortunately, the American public is totally unaware of all these facts including the despicable covert missions which are carried out by the federal government against Islamic countries. Thus, the Muslims fighting against the evil of the federal government are known as terrorists by the American public. International news media plays an instrumental role in educating the public; therefore, Islamic countries have few international news media such as BBC and CNN which could enlighten the Western society about the facts.
The political and financial hegemony cannot be established in Islamic countries, therefore, these organizations will not cooperate, thus, financial dependency and political turmoil is inevitable in Islamic countries. To avoid financial dependency and inevitable political turmoil, Islamic states must have another World Financial Banking System (not the current Islamic banks) that should match the system of these organizations and strive to eliminate financial dependency on the West. Thus the, Islamic countries would then be strong financially and militarily, and united No Western power will then challenge Islamic integrity and overrun any Islamic sovereign state.
Moderate Muslim's view is to have a Banking System similar to IMF, World Bank, and Federal Reserve Bank but not depending upon the West. That would then transfer all the technologies and assets to Islamic countries. The Islamic Bank will operate similarly as EU, having its own currency, developing a several trillions dollar economy of each member country with the financing provided by the new banking system. The new banking system will be a virtual incubator for each member country for financial and economic growth as IMF, World Bank, and Federal Reserve for the West. The author of this article has a professional blueprint of the proposed Banking system which is available for review by any qualified group of investors and experts.
Moderate Muslims strongly believe that if appropriate measures are not taken by someone to support this vision then the countries in the Islamic block along with other reluctant nations will remain in the hub of poverty in balancing the world Economy for an indefinite period of time. Countries in the Islamic block may progress from time to time with their resources and ability or with the carrots given by the Western countries, but ultimately they will fall back on their knees before these organization.
The predisposed occurrences are at the will of these organizations; they make then happen by creating political and financial turmoil or enticing and inducting nations into the war zone. Ironically, they sell weaponry to both sides in case of war, and boost their weapon industry by burdening the belligerent nations. Apparently, all these events are orchestrated by these organizations. Should Muslims not strive to prevent these occurrences, and wisely find a permanent solution to the problem the Islamic countries will fall one by one into the hands of Western Powers and there will be no sovereign Islamic state left, but serfdom of the Western Power? Please ponder.

Posted 23 June 2005 - 03:32 PM (#9) User is offline   Zahid-bhatti 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

FATEHA AND ESAALE SAWAAB

All the Ulama-e-Haq and the Buzrugaan-e-Deen hold the belief that to send Esaale Sawaab to the souls of the deceased is permissible. It is permissible for a Muslim to send the Sawaab of his deeds, such a Salaah, Saum, Zakaah, Hajj, Sadaqa, etc. to others. (Hidaya) If a person kept Fast, performed his or her Salaah, or gave Sadaqa and then sent this Sawaab to another person, either living or deceased, then to do so is permissible, and that Sawaab reaches the said person. (Bahrur Raa'iq)

Hazrat Anas (radi Allahu anhu) asked the Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam): "If we send Sawaab to the deceased, give Sadaqa and Khayraat and ask Du'a for them, does this reach them?" The Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) said: "Verily it reaches them. Read Salaah for them as you read for yourself and fast for them as you fast for yourself. In other words, make Esaale Sawaab of Salaah and Saum for them." The meaning of this Hadith Shareef is that we should send the Sawaab of our actions to the deceased, since in reality one cannot perform Salaah and keep fast for another person or on his behalf, but we can send the Sawaab of our actions to them.

Hazrat Abdullah ibn Abbas (radi Allahu anhu) has stated: "On the Days of Eid, the 10th of Muharram, the first Friday of Rajab, on Shabbe Baraat, and on Thursday nights, the souls of the deceased are left free to go to their homes, wherein they go and ask for Sadaqa and Khayraat. If they do not receive any Du'a or Fateha, then they return to their graves saddened and disappointed and they say, 'O Allah! They have deprived us, You deprive them'".

The Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) as said: "When a person passes away and the family of the deceased gives Sadaqa, Khayraat and makes Du'a for him, then Sayyiduna Jibraeel (alaihis salaam) takes it to them in their graves on a tray that is beautifully decorated. When they receive this, they become so pleased as if someone in the world becomes pleased on receiving a gift, and his neighbour who has not received any Sawaab becomes sad".

Hazrat Sa'ad ibn Ubaadah (radi Allahu anhu) once came to the Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) and said: "Ya Rasoolallah (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam)! My mother has passed away. What can I do for Esaale Sawaab?" The Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) said: "Prepare a well for water". When the well was prepared, Rasoolullah (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) went close to the well and made Du'a: "This is for the Esaale Sawaab for the mother of Saad". While making this Du'a, he raised his hands high, and after Du'a, he turned his hands over his blessed face.

For those who object to Fateha and Du'a, the following is for their perusal:-

It is allowed to make Du'a in front of the Niyaz (offering), as this is what the Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) did by coming close to the well to make Du'a.

It is allowed to lift up the hands for Du'a and to end the Du'a by turning the hands over the face.

It is preferable to call a pious person to make the Du'a.

To make Fateha on Niyaz is allowed. If it were not, then the Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) would not have made Du'a near the water, but would have said that the intention was sufficient.

For the person to obtain the Sawaab, it is not necessary to feed the Niyaz first, but Du'a can be made before this since the Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) made Du'a even before any person drank out of the well.

Whosoever makes Khatam of the Holy Quran and then makes Du'a, 4 000 Angels say Aameen on his Du'a. They then continue making Du'a for him and they continue asking blessings for him until the morning or afternoon. (Tafseer Roohul Bayaan)

At the time of Khatam Shareef, there is a flow of mercy and to make Du'a after completing the Quran is Mustahab. When Hazrat Anas (radi Allahu anhu) used to complete the Holy Quran, then he would call all his family and friends and make Du'a. (Jila'ul Afhaam)

When making Fateha, one should follow the proceedure of the pious Saints. When making the Fateha, send the Sawaab to the Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam), the pious servants, the Companions, and then through their blessing, ask for it to be sent to the soul of the deceased. This is the prescribed method, and this is the method that the Ahle Sunnah has always followed.

By making Esaale Sawaab, it gives comfort to the deceased, pleases them, saves them from the torment of the grave, elevates their status and causes benefit to the sender as well as the receiver.

Posted 23 June 2005 - 03:44 PM (#10) User is offline   Zahid-bhatti 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

Strict Order for Observance of Obligatotry Slat
Allah, the Exalted, says:
http://www.hussainen....com/islam.html
http://www.hudainfo....hsin/Surah9.asp
"Guard strictly (the five obligatory) As-Salawat (the prayers) especially the middle Salat (i.e., the best prayer - `Asr).'' (2:238)
"But if they repent and perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat) and give Zakat, then leave their way free.'' (9:5)
1074. Ibn Mas`ud (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I asked the Messenger of Allah (PBUH): "Which act is the best?'' He (PBUH) said, "As-Salat at their fixed times.'' I asked, "What next?'' He (PBUH) said, "Being dutiful to parents.'' I asked, "What next?'' He (PBUH) said, "Striving (Jihad) in the way of Allah.''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].
Commentary: This Hadith has already been mentioned. Here it is repeated to indicate that every Salat should be performed at its proper time. Deliberate delay in performing is wrong. The ultimate result of deliberate delay is that one becomes sluggish and begins to ignore and neglect it by force of habit, which is obviously very dangerous. Imam Ash-Shafi`i is of the opinion that if a person shows such laziness in offering Salat that he misses its proper time, then he is liable to make penitence for it. If he does not do so, he should be killed.
1075. Ibn `Umar (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Islam is based on five (pillars): testifying that there is no true god except Allah and that Muhammad (PBUH) is His slave and Messenger; performing of Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat); the payment of Zakat; performing Hajj (pilgrimage) to the House [of Allah (Ka`bah)]; and Saum (fasting) during the month of Ramadan.''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].
Commentary: In this Hadith, Islam has been compared to a building which rests on five pillars. As a building cannot stand without its foundation, similarly, Islam cannot exist without these pillars. For this reason, he who denies any one of these obligations is a disbeliever, and he who neglects any of them due to slackness or want of attention is a sinful and impious Muslim.
1076. Ibn `Umar (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "I have been commanded to fight against the people till they testify La ilaha illAllah (There is no true god except Allah) and that Muhammad (PBUH) is His slave and Messenger, and to establish As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat), and to pay Zakat; and if they do this, then their blood and property are secured except by the rights of Islam, and their accountability is left to Allah.''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].
Commentary: This Hadith has already appeared before. Here the word "An-Nas'' translated `the people' in the Hadith stands for those who associate others with Allah in worship. The people of the Book are not included among them. "Haqqul-Islam'' translated here as "the rights of Islam'' denotes legal castigation, etc. That is, the punishments which are given for crimes like fornication, murder, etc.
"Their accountability is left to Allah" means what is hidden in their hearts is left to Allah or the crimes which go undetected by the authorities concerned are in the Purview of Allah, Who will decide their case in the Hereafter.
1077. Mu`adh (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) sent me as a governor to Yemen and (at the time of departure) he instructed me thus: "You will go to people of the Scripture (i.e., the Jews and the Christians). First of all invite them to testify that La ilaha ill Allah (There is no true god except Allah) and that Muhammad (PBUH) is His slave and Messenger; and if they accept this, then tell them that Allah has enjoined upon them five Salat (prayers) during the day and night; and if they accept it, then tell them that Allah has made the payment of Zakat obligatory upon them. It should be collected from their rich and distributed among their poor; and if they agree to it, don't take (as a share of Zakat) the best of their properties. Beware of the supplications of the oppressed, for there is no barrier between it and Allah.''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].
Commentary: This Hadith has already been mentioned and is repeated here to emphasize the importance of obligations and their meticulous performance. See Hadith No. 290.
1078. Jabir (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Between a man and disbelief and paganism is the abandonment of Salat (prayer).''
[Muslim].
Commentary: He who will be having the quality of Islam and will be particular in performing Salat regularly, will raise a wall between himself and Kufr. He who does not perform Salat after coming to the fold of Islam, does not have a frontier which separates him from infidelity. Leaving Salat is like demolishing the wall that separates Islam from Kufr. Thus, we learn from this Hadith that leaving Salat is Kufr. Some `Ulama' are of the opinion that this injunction is for one who believes leaving Salat is permissible whereas the one who leaves it because of slackness is not Kafir. Some scholars, however, think that if such a person does not repent, he is liable to Hadd, i.e., death punishment. There are other `Ulama' who think that rather than death punishment such a person should be subjected to corporal punishment till he starts offering Salat. This Hadith makes the importance of Salat in Islam abundantly clear.
1079. Buraidah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "That which differentiates us from the disbelievers and hypocrites is our performance of Salat. He who abandons it, becomes a disbeliever.''
[At-Tirmidhi].
Commentary: The purport of this Hadith is the same as that of the preceding one.
1080. Shaqiq bin `Abdullah reported: The Companions of the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) did not consider the abandonment of any action as disbelief except neglecting Salat.
[At-Tirmidhi].
Commentary: The opinion of the Companions of the Prophet (PBUH) was based on the information contained in the Ahadith which have been mentioned above. They did not take the Ahadith which interpreted the leaving of Salat as Kufr mere scolding or reproof. They considered slackness and negligence in Salat as Kufr and apostasy and regarded Salat a symbol of Islam.
1081. Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "The first of man's deeds for which he will be called to account on the Day of Resurrection will be Salat. If it is found to be perfect, he will be safe and successful; but if it is incomplete, he will be unfortunate and a loser. If any shortcoming is found in the obligatory Salat, the Glorious and Exalted Rubb will command to see whether His slave has offered any voluntary Salat so that the obligatory Salat may be made up by it. Then the rest of his actions will be treated in the same manner.''
[At-Tirmidhi].
Commentary: The rights mentioned in this Hadith are the Rights of Allah. The first of them for which one has to render account is Salat. In the rights of people, the first to be decided will be blood shed by a person of his fellow being. This Hadith also makes the following points:
1.Stress on the performance of the obligatory acts.
2.Inducement for voluntary prayers to make up the deficiency of the obligations.

Posted 23 June 2005 - 03:53 PM (#11) User is offline   Zahid-bhatti 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

April 09, 2005
Dutch PM: 'Disrespectful behaviour, not Islam, is the problem'
"'Disrespectful behaviour, not Islam, is the problem': PM," from Expatica, with thanks to Susan:

AMSTERDAM - Dutch Prime Minister Jan Peter Balkenende has expressed understanding for people who are offended by the link made between Islam and the problems in Dutch society.
"The problem is not Islam but disrespectful behaviour," Balkenende said in Rotterdam on Wednesday.

Of course. That's it. Why didn't I think of that? I should have been tipped off by Osama bin Laden's Declaration of Jihad Against Respectful Behavior.

He was addressing the closing session of the Islam & Integration debates that were held to increase understanding between the native Dutch and Muslim communities in the port city....
He ended his remarks by saying: "If Muslims always have to defend themselves, we will never come to a solution for the problems . because what is the problem here? Not Islam! But the disrespectful behaviour of certain individuals and groups - both Muslims and non-Muslims".

Balkenende indicated he was a supporter of dealing resolutely with people who incite hatred, intimidate and use violence against others, schools or mosques.

Apparently in a reference to young right-wingers who identify themselves by wearing Lonsdale clothing, he added: "Let this be clear for people who, by their clothing for instance, want to identify themselves with reprehensible doctrines. But also for groups of immigrant youths who behave in an intimidating way".

"Those who try to incite angst in others tear at precisely what we are trying to build together in the Netherlands. This poison must not be allowed to spread," the Christian Democrat CDA leader said.

Balkenende said the acceptance of newcomers into the Netherlands was of great importance. "This is a task for us all: in our local districts, at work, in the street and in the club, everywhere."

Integration, he added, was more than a course of study. "Integration is blending in the greater whole, without denying your identity".

Asked by a teen boy in the audience what the term integration meant, Balkenende stumbled slightly over his words before saying it was about contributing and participating in society....

The boy seems to have stumbled on to something here. What does "integration" mean, anyway? Does it mean the majority tolerating "disrespectful behavior"? Ah, the boys don't mean it; they're just youthful ruffians. Boys will be boys, after all. Of course, we make it worse for ourselves by not cooperating...oh, uh, I mean educating, ourselves about the special nature of their religion and all their special needs. And we make them feel bad about themselves, so they become violent, you see... But what about the victims, you say? Van Gogh? Oh, don't ask about him, he had it coming, he was just trying to stir up trouble. Spreading Islamophobia, he was.

Posted by Robert at April 9, 2005 12:44 PM | Email this entry | Print this entry

Comments
(Note: Comments on articles are unmoderated, and do not necessarily reflect the views of Dhimmi Watch or Robert Spencer. Comments that are off-topic, offensive, slanderous, or otherwise annoying may be summarily deleted. However, the fact that particular comments remain on the site IN NO WAY constitutes an endorsement by Robert Spencer of the views expressed therein.)
2.193. And fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief and worshipping of others along with Allâh) and (all and every kind of) worship is for Allâh (Alone). But if they cease, let there be no transgression except against Az-Zâlimûn (the polytheists, and wrong-doers, etc.)
This is disrespectfull

Posted by: KAOSKTRL at April 9, 2005 01:00 PM
Shame on those disrespectful Dutch. And, let's see, those disrespectful Russians, those disrespectful Persian Bahais and Zoroastrians, those disrespectful Hindus (Indian, Balinese equally disrespectful), those disrespectful Buddhists (Thai, Indian, Chinese, it does not matter, they are all disrespectful), those disrespectful Sikhs, and those disrespectful Christians all over the world, Indonesian, Pakistan, Philippines, Australia, Bangladesh, Copts in Egypt, and just about any Christian sect in a Muslim country, especially those very disrespectful Iraqi Christians, very disrespectful, and, of course, those disrespectful and decadent Americans and Europeans (including the aforementioned Dutch who are known for the worst kind of 'disrespectin''), those disrespectful tourists, everywhere from Egypt to Bali, and those disrespectful Spaniards, and, most all of, the most disrespectful of all, the disrespectful Jews.

And we are just gettin' started...

What's the world coming to? Muslims just can't get no respect!

Posted by: JTF at April 9, 2005 01:50 PM
I forgot to mention the disrespectful Africans of all religious persuasions and nationalities, even the black Muslim variety.

And all these offenses of disrespect, all these disrespectful peoples throughout the world, for many centuries now, have been repaid in kind by Muslims who have so reasonably responded to these grave and serious insults.

Posted by: JTF at April 9, 2005 02:03 PM
The mention of Lonsdale clothing is explained by this. Nazis cannot wear any clothing or have signs with the word Nazi, or the name of Hitler's Socialist party: NSDAP (Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei).

Some neo-Nazis noticed that the Lonsdale has NSDA in the middle. So if one covers up the other letters by wearing an open bomber jacket, it looks like a Nazi sign. It is missing the P, of course, but neo-Nazis like this since then it is harder to prosecute them for wearing Nazi insignia or signs.

The Lonsdale brand has shirts, pullover sweaters, hooded tops, caps, in other words, the works:
http://images.google...ial&sa=N&tab=wi

Related news links:

British firm Lonsdale tries to lose Nazi image
By Kate Connolly (Filed: 02/10/2004)
http://www.telegraph.../02/wlons02.xml

Alarm over radicalisation of Dutch youth ("more dangerous than islamic terrorism")
Expatica | 4 April 2005 | Expatica
http://www.freerepub...s/1377258/posts

Lonsdale Clothing Forbidden in Dutch School
http://maarten.typep...ale_clothi.html

Posted by: markjames at April 9, 2005 03:25 PM
What hypocrisy. I suppose that only Muslims are worthy of respect. The Koran is full of passages that show disrespect for non-Muslims and history and current events are full of moments of disrespect.

Integration, he added, was more than a course of study. "Integration is blending in the greater whole, without denying your identity".
Asked by a teen boy in the audience what the term integration meant, Balkenende stumbled slightly over his words before saying it was about contributing and participating in society.

The term integration means "blending in", but how can you blend in if all that's said in done stands out. Having an "in your face attitude" with one's religion and culture is not an example of blending in.

Posted by: epg at April 9, 2005 04:19 PM

If it's not the collective behaviour of all Muslims that define Islam then what is the true
teachings.
The Quran is the source for thier morals and ethics,maybe Islam is the problem since anyone trying to improve the image is labelled a Bad-Muslims and given death threats for offending Allah.

Posted by: ala-sux at April 9, 2005 05:33 PM
NOTE TO DUTCH POLITICO-

"Integration" means to "become part of", which is anathema to Islam.

Their goal is the disintegration of the infidel world and reabsorption of its submissive parts into the Great Islamic Society.

If you are NOT one of the 'peoples of the book" (who may be spared -if they don't fight back)- you are slated to be killed if you won't convert. This includess all 'polytheists' (like the Hindus, Zoroastrians, etc.) or non-theists (like the Buddhists), or pagans (everybody else on Earth, from Shinotists and Wiccans to agnostics and Australian Aboriginals).

Atheists should just start doing hatha yoga so their can reach their ass by then to kiss it goodbye.

The Dutch need to look at themselves and decide if they are willing to become second-class serfs of the Restored Caliphate, or will they have the balls to drive their smiling invaders back to Mecca and reclaim their own land from inexorable demographic destruction.

Through cunning legal methods, of course.

No need to imitate the brutality and crudity of the Saudis or Taliban.

Maybe special One-Way Hadj lottery tickets handed out at all mosques?

Posted by: BigSleep at April 9, 2005 06:46 PM
P.S.-

For the Hadj Lottery-

Every ticket a WINNER, naturally.

Posted by: BigSleep at April 9, 2005 08:29 PM
If Muslims always have to defend themselves, we will never come to a solution for the problems...
The Dutch people are under seige from a violence prone horde of saracens. It is the Dutch who need to defend themselves, not the belligerent aggressors. There are Trojan horses deployed all over Europe and the gates are flung open wide. Not since the conquest of Spain in 711 Anno Domini have the Moors achieved such victories. There is no doubt that another great reconquista is inevitable, and it will exceed the first reconquista in its violence and suffering on a scale of many orders of magnitude. What a dreadful time in which we live. How we will all marvel at the courage and power displayed by the modern spiritual decendants of Pelayo, Richard Lionheart, and Jan Sobieski. This will be a tale of hundreds of cities, and yes, it will be the best of times and the worst of times for us all.

Posted by: Hulegu Khan at April 9, 2005 08:46 PM
"Dutch PM: 'Disrespectful behaviour, not Islam, is the problem'"

What would BIGALLAH say?

BIG ALLAH: I am always happy to promote more respect for myself. You know just like people used to respect the mafia. If I get no respect I blow you all up. Good to see the Dutch PM has finally got my message.

Posted by: obl r us at April 9, 2005 09:43 PM
"The problem is not Islam but disrespectful behaviour,"

But of course - now tell that to Theo Van Gogh, Hirsi Ali and Gert Wilders. I suppose being murdered or having to hide in your own country from jihadis is a sign of disrectful behaviour.

Posted by: johnb at April 9, 2005 09:52 PM
Oops: should be "is a sign of disrespectful behaviour." in last sentance.

Posted by: johnb at April 9, 2005 09:55 PM

The disgraceful behaviour of Islam and its followers is the problem.

Posted by: DianaC at April 9, 2005 10:45 PM
JohnB,
But that is what our PM and minister of Justice and the "intellectuals" (self proclaimed that is and without much to justify their claims to this status) are telling Van Gogh (or the late Van Gogh), and Hirsi Ali and Wilders (and everyone else who dares to secondguess our culture being the enriched by islam and immigration). Critics of Islam are openly blamed for the criminality (we do not make them feel welcome) of the immigrants (3th generation already!), their violence (they feel so rejected), their unemployment (although it is a known fact that your changes to get in all kind of -legal- troubles with an Maroccan employee are far better then with someone from different descent, I know I make a living out of it), for getting yourself killed, for being called a whore, a pig or whatever, for them not speaking Dutch, for them starting their own schools, for them chasing others than Islamits out of their houses, and so on and so on. In short: we pester those people and deserve everything that we got from them. This has an obvious reason: we all are racists here (although people in all shades of coleur -provided they do not go for allah- are unhappy about the Islam and the way it outens itself in our country). Note that educated and elderly Turks are going back to Turkey because they can not live in a country as the Netherlands where you get in trouble for not following the Ramadan.

It does not stop there. Within two weeks of the Van Gogh murder our minister of Justice asked in Parlement for prosecution of people of use the name of God idle (or Allah, God's name is obviously not the problem, thus saying indirectly (but it was understood all to well) that Van Gogh was to blame for his own murder. More: Our queen did not see it fit to offer formal condolences to the family of Van Gogh, in stead she decided to visit a group of Islamists in order to assure them that they were not to be blamed and could count on her support. Our Pm did not go to the services of Van Gogh, but visited a school that got burned (at night, no one in there), so stating that the violence of burning a school was far worse then a murder.

Afterwards, some writers wrote an open letter to the queen, asking her to show at least some support for Ayaan Hirsi Ali (she wrote the script of the movie directed by Van Gogh for which he was killed), this was denied. Formally it was because she could not take sides, not even when a MP as Hirsi Ali was forced to go into hiding and even flee to the US. Strange since visiting a mosk or something like that, is taking sides as is saying nothing about what happened to Van Gogh.

Nowadays, our PM is instructing us (yes us, meaning the non-islamists) to show respect. Us, and not the others, he is to chicken and to stupid or shortsighted or both to simply state (and that is supposed to be part of his job) that we have a problem with immigration and with the immigrants, who simply not tolerate our way of life. And that is what it is: people that not tollerate us and our way of life. Some months ago a young maroccan robbed a woman in her car, she then put her car in reverse and the result was that the guy died. People attending the funeral said things like: "everybody steals a purse sometimes and it is simply not reasonable to get killed if you do so." Ofcourse, there is nor should be a deathpenalty on stealing purses, but the fact that it was seen as completely normal to steal a purse was -provided that it is not the purse of a believer- what was so shocking about those statements. Riots were about to break out, but then it turned out the lady in the car was black (non-muslim) and Maroccan people simply stated that, if they had known that all along, they would not have been so enraged. This means that white Dutchmen are not allowed to defend themselves and are hated anyway.

The latter is proven (as far more proof was needed) by the outing of childeren -some of those not even 8 years of age-, saying things like "F=ck the Dutch" and "Kill the Jews", since those things are not part of any curriculum here, they must have learned it at home.

Respect, I love to give respect to people deserving it, I do not feel I should be forced or asked to repsect people that do not respect me or my culture.

As you all will understand I'm a bit fed up with showing respect and integrating and so on, thus I write this posting in Dutch-English, hope no offence is taken.

Posted by: Ernst at April 9, 2005 11:24 PM

The "poison", (Islam)has already been spread and this guy seems to have gotten a toxic dose of it. Toxic Shock Syndrome...formerly the domain of feminine product users, has now expanded to include those toxified by Islam. Thats how Islam produces psychotic episodes in believers and apologists like this guy. You can see TSS all over the place, especially among politicians officials and leftists, who just cant get it together to be honest about Islam. Thats if they know enough to be honest, which most of them dont. Even Geo Bush has been touched with TSS. TSS is what spews out of organisations like "Cair". Pure poisonous propaganda designed to trick the unwary, the way to get over being tricked, is to get over being tricked. Most of the posters on this site have done that. Balkenende obviously has not and has fallen prey to TSS...Education is the salve. When Islam falls, it will be the internet and it's wealth of information( as on this site) that will do it...cheers...swami

Posted by: duh_swami at April 10, 2005 12:42 PM
Meet Balkenende, our top idiot.

Posted by: Kim Hartveld at April 12, 2005 04:32 AM

Posted 23 June 2005 - 04:01 PM (#12) User is offline   Zahid-bhatti 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

Miscellaneous Islamic sites
http://www.carm.org/islam.htm

http://www.understan...ry.asp?catid=17

These Miscellaneous Islamic sites are recommendedfor general knowledge. They also contain Islamic search engines, online servicesand literature etc. However theSMCA does not necessarily endorse all of what is written.

About Islam andwomensite with plenty of information on women andIslam, and those interested in Islam.

Islam:Quran&Sunnah society in USA, Salafi oriented

Sheikh Yusuf Al-Qaradawi:An Egyptian Muslim scholar with an open mind, wide Islamicknowledge and awareness of Muslims' life in the West.

Islam online : News and information about Islam & its civilizations. Full of good information and also contains pictures of Mosques, Islamic art etc.

Islamic Finance: Guidance on finance issues in Islam including banking and interest.

Arab on Line : Collection of Islamic pictures and sounds

Islamic-way : Recitation of the Holy Quran and Translation of the meaning

Islamic city: One of the best Islamic sites around. Full of education, communication, and questions & answers. It contains Prof. Jamal Badawi's Islamic Teaching Course (Audio tapes) which are highly recommended.

Prayers timetable: A site which can calculate prayer timetables for you according to the city you are in. You can either give the name of the city or your longitude/latitude wherever you are on Earth.

Juma'a Khutbah ( Friday prayers speeches in Arabic)

Al-Aqsa guide An online guide to the Al-Aqsa complex and its history

Al-Azhar university Plenty of information in Arabic as well as English from the university in Egypt.

Astrolabe Online catalogue with a wide variety of Islamic products

Be convinced Good information on all aspects of Islam

Converts to Islam Site geared to non-Muslims and new

International Islamic Dawah Centre Books, CDs and videos to purchase online

IRC #Islam Homepage IRC allows Muslims to chat, discuss and keep in touch

Islaam com Includes lectures by Sheikh Salman al-Awdah and other information on Islam

Islaam net Good content with several UK university Islamic Societies as members

Islam seek Islamic search engine with several other activites

Islam Way Radio Good site with videos, lectures etc by scholars and other information about Islam

Islamic Finder Islamic resource finder for the USA

Islamdirect Providing FREE internet connection, email and

Webstar PLC Muslim company providing internet connection

Muslims Online Providing free web based email and free web hosting

MDnet Premier website design for businesses and organisations

Jannah Have many activities and a learning centre

MOMIN com Offers a list of free online books to view or print or receive by email to read at your own leisure.

Minhaj-Ul-Quran Website of the organisation with several activities including news form around the Muslim world

Malcolm X An Islamic perspective

MSA - Oregon state university Quran translations in German, Spanish, French and Dutch

MSA USA & Canada Resource page Information on mosques, schools and products

Mushtaqs Website of the famous confectioner

Stories of new Muslims Stories of new Muslims and how they came to Islam

World Ahlul-Bayt Islamic League Website of the organisation with information and worldwide activities

Belfast Islamic Centre (BIC), N. Ireland have their own magazine and other activities

Association of Muslim Researchers, UK

Center for Islamic Studies, UK

Edmonton Islamic Resources

Encyclopedia of the Orient

Islamic Gateway - Muslim Parliament of Great Britain

Investigating Islam, UK

Islam Online, Germany : (German)

If there are any problems with the sites in terms of content or otherwise, then please tell us. Jazakum Allahu khairan.
Back to the Tell me about Islam... page

Posted 23 June 2005 - 04:03 PM (#13) User is offline   Zahid-bhatti 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

Suni wahdat
http://uk.search.yah...1&p=SUNI+WAHDAT
http://www.prosunnah.org/home.asp

"Let The Sunnah Go Forth And Don't Stop The Sunnah"
The Protectors of the Sunnah (POTS) is an Islamic networking group established to provide a forum for Muslims who subscribe to the belief that we live our lives according to the Qur'an and authentic traditions (the Sunnah) of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) as understood by his close Companions. POTS is committed to the revival of Islam in its purest form.

Keemya-A-Wahdat

In the name of Allah the Beneficent the Merciful
assalamoalaikum,

Posted 24 June 2005 - 08:49 PM (#14) User is offline   Zahid-bhatti 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

Philosophia Islamica

Welcome to the Premier Islamic Philosophy resource on the Web.  This is our fourthyear online and we are dedicated to the study of the philosophical output of the Muslim World.

This site contains hundreds of full-length books and articles on Islamic philosophy, ranging from the classical texts in the canon of Islamic philosophy to modern works of Muslim philosophy. 

We are continually striving to improve this page. This current version is java free and makes minimal use of graphics. Should you have problem or issues with any of pagesplease do let us know.

Our flagship project, the Journal of Islamic Philosophy, is flourishing as we approach the publication of our first issue. 

In addition, we have a forum for the discussion of issues in Islamic thought, general resources for the study of philosophy, a catalog of upcoming events in the field, among other useful resources. 

We hope you enjoy this site and make use of this project.  We are always looking for good people to join our team. Your feedback is most welcome.

The Staff @ Muslim Philosophy

Our Featured Original Resources:     

Scroll Down for the rest of the site...

• GET INVOLVED:   Interested in working with us?  Are you a scholar or graduate student in Islamic philosophy? Email us.

This page in Arabic  

General and introductory texts:

Current research and events:

• Announce your (or events that you know of) upcoming Islamic Philosophy events. Send us a line. 

Upcoming events: 

• WCOMES to be held in Amman, Jordan on June 2006.
  • Our fifth year online July 2005.

Past events: 

Ongoing events: 

New publications: 

• The Journal of Islamic philosophy Premier issue.
  • THE CAMBRIDGE COMPANION TO ARABIC PHILOSOPHY Edited by Peter Adamson and Richard C. Taylor ISBN 0 521 52069 X. 2005. (English)
  • Medieval Islamic Philosophical Writings (Cambridge Texts in the History of Philosophy) Muhammad Ali Khalidi, ISBN: 0521529638, 236 pages (Cambridge University Press, Cambridge: 2005).
  • Introduction to Islamic Philosophy. In Italian...
  • Ibn Taymiyya. Fetwa de Mardin (See pdf for Table des matières) Un ouvrage de XII & 176p. (13X19) ISBN: 2841612554 (12€) La Librairie de l'Orient (El-Bouraq éditions). 2005. (French)
  • Ibn Taymiyya. Un Dieu Hésitant? (See pdf for Table des matières) Un ouvrage de VI & 37p. (14X21) ISBN: 2841612554 (4€) La Librairie de l'Orient (El-Bouraq éditions). 2005 (French)
  • Let us know of your publications. Contact us.

The Philosophers:

Those who shaped Islamic Philosophy into something quite unique. (In chronological order)

Featured articles:

Courses:

Clubs:

• Toronto Arabic Philosophy Reading Circle. (click here)

Endnote:

Utilities:

Search our site:

• Using Google:

Diversions(;-):

Posted 20 March 2006 - 02:01 PM (#15) User is offline   Zahid-bhatti 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

A.H.

After Hijra. Muslims reckoned dates from this date.

• Muslim to Christian calendar conversion formula

622 + H * 354.36 / 365.24
    The Muslim calendar is purely lunar, and it makes no attempt at all to synchronize with the solar calendar (unlike the Chinese, or the pre-Islamic Arabs). Thus, the month of fasting, Ramadan, changes a great deal from year to year in the solar calendar. Thus, if Ramadan falls in summer, for a man living close to fast (literally) from sunrise to sunset is to fast the whole day. In the age before Islam, there were intercalators of the calendar who determine when the sacred months are, and it seems that a synchronizing mechanism was in place before Islam. This was abolished by Muhammad.

A.S.

Shortform for Alayhis - salaam meaning (God's) peace be with him. Alayhas - salaam : peace be with her.

Posted 20 March 2006 - 02:04 PM (#16) User is offline   Zahid-bhatti 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

AD
A'AD
AD

Posted 20 March 2006 - 02:06 PM (#17) User is offline   Zahid-bhatti 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

AARON
HARUN

Ar: Harun
Heb: 'Aharown (), meaning "light bringer", "illuminator" or "mountaineer", "mountain of strength".
Gk: Aaron ()

Background Information from the Bible

Aaron is an older brother of Moses, a Levite and the first high priest. The Islamic sources have very scant details of Aaron, but from the Bible, we know that Aaron was the eldest son of Amram and Jochebed, a daughter of Levi (Exodus 6:20). Aaron is three years older than Moses but younger than Miriam (Exodus 2:1,4; 7:7).

Aaron was married to Elisheba, daughter of Amminadab of the house of Judah (Exodus 6:23; 1 Chronicles. 2:10). They had four sons, Nadab and Abihu, Eleazar and Ithamar. He was sent by God to meet his brother Moses (Exodus 4:14,27-30) when the time for deliverance of Israel drew near. He was to be the "mouth" or "prophet" of Moses because he was a man of a ready utterance (Exodus 7:1,2,9,10,19). Together, they led the Israelites from Egypt to go up to the Promised Land.

When the Israelites were fighting the Amalekites, Moses stood on a hill overlooking the scene with the rod of God in his hand. Aaron and Hur, his sister's husband, helped Moses to hold up his tired hands till Joshua let the Israelites to victory. (Exodus 17:8-13).

At Mt. Sinai, when Moses went up to God to receive the commandments, Aaron, his two sons Nadab and Abihu, and seventy elders accompaneed him part of the way (Exodus 19:24; 24:9-11). When Moses returned, he rebuked Aaron sternly, but Moses interceded for him before God. God forgave his sin (Deuteronomy 9:20).

Moses received instructions from God concerning the system of worship to be set up among the Israelites. Aaron and his sons were consecrated to priesthood (Leviticus 8, 9). Aaron was consecrated to be the High Priest

When the Israelites reached Hazeroth in the wilderness of Paran, Aaron and his sister Miriam complained against Moses, "because of the Ethiopian woman whom he had married," probably after the death of Zipporah. God punished Miriam with leprosy (Numbers 12). and Aaron acknowledged their guilt. At the intercession of Moses, God forgave them.

Twenty years later, when the children of Israel were encamped in the wilderness of Paran, Korah, Dathan, and Abiram conspired against Aaron and his sons. However, God destroyed them and many thousands of people were also strucked down (Numbers 16). Further, God showed that he has chosen Aaron for the divine priestly office when the the chiefs of the tribes were required to bring to Moses a rod bearing the name of his tribe. These, together with Aaron's rod, were placed overnight in the tabernacle, and in the morning, Aaron's rod was found to have budded, blossomed and yeilded almonds (Numbers 17:1-10). This rod was later to be placed in the tabernacle (Hebrews 9:4). as a memorial of his appointment to the priesthood.

At Meribah, Moses disobeyed God, and Aaron was also implicated (Numbers 20:8-13), and together with Moses, not allowed to enter the Promised Land. When the Israelites arrived at Mt. Hor near Edom, God commanded Moses to lead Aaron and his son Eleazar to the top of that mountain and before the people Aaron of his priest clothes, and put them on Eleazar. Aaron died there at the age of 123 years old (Num. 20:23-29. Deut. 10:6; 32:50). The Israelites mourned for him thirty days. Two sons of Aaron were killed by God (Leviticus 10:1-2), for offering "strange fire" on the altar. Eleazar and Ithamar survived, the former's family holding the high priesthood till the time of Eli, and the latter's family from Eli to Solomom.

Aaronites

The Levites were given the general priestly duties of the Temple, but Aaron's descendents "the house of Aaron," or Aaronites, were given the high priesthood. They were very numerous during David's time (1 Chronicles 12:27). His priesthood was a "shadow of heavenly things," and was intended to lead the people of Israel to look forward to the time when "another priest" would arise "after the order of Melchizedek" (Hebrews 6:20).

On Mt. Hor sits a mosque supposedly the grave of Aaron. Many strange and fabulous stories were written by Rabbis.

Prophethood of Aaron in Islam

The Bible does not talk about Aaron being a receiver of the commandments, but the Qur'an described him as being given, together with Moses, the Criterion of Right and Wrong (al-Anbiya' 21:48).

Sin of Aaron

In the Bible, when Moses went up to Mt. Sinai and was there for 40 days and nights, Aaron was urged by the people to craft a golden calf, who unable to resist the pressure, consented. Muslims, however, deny that such an idolatrous wrong-doing is possible for a prophet/messenger of God. The Qur'an, however, recorded that Aaron was afraid of Pharoah (Ta Ha 20:45), and was also afraid when the people made the calf, and was seized and questioned by Moses why he held back (Ta Ha 20:92).

At Meribah, Moses disobeyed God, and Aaron was also implicated (Numbers 20:8-13), and together with Moses, were not allowed to enter the Promised Land.

Sister of Aaron?

One of the unexplained things in Islam is that Mary, the mother of Jesus, was given the title "Sister of Aaron" in the Qur'an, see sister of Aaron under MARY, THE MOTHER OF JESUS.

Posted 20 March 2006 - 02:10 PM (#18) User is offline   Zahid-bhatti 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

ABAD

eternity; without end, as distiniguished from Azal, without beginning (Hughes's Dictionary, p.1)
ABASA

"he frowned", title of surah 80 in the Qur'an.

"It is said that a blind man, named `Abdu 'llah ibn Umm Maktum, once interrupted Muhammad in conversation with certain chiefs of Quraish. The Prophet, however, took no notice of him, but frowned and turned away; and in the first verse of the Surah, he is represented as reproved by God for having done so." (Hughes's Dictionary, p.1)

see also BLIND

ABBAS

The son of Abdul Muttalib, grandfather of Muhamamd. Thus Abbas is an uncle of Muhammad. He was a well known Companion, and his son ibn Abbas was an authority in relating hadiths. Abbas died A.H. 32 and established the Abbasid dynasty, which held the Caliphate from 749/750 A.D. to 1258 A.D.
ABBASSID

Ar: al-Abbasiyah, is the second major Muslim dynasty (750-1258 A.D.) ruling after the Umayyads. Its capital is Baghdad and during this period, much developments ensued. The dynasty began with Abbas, an uncle of Muhammad. Because of his close relation with Muhammad, they were held in high esteem by the Arabs, and much dispute occurred between them and the Ummayyads. Having asserted their claims to the Caliphate for some time, they commenced open hostilities in 746 A.D. Abu `l-Abbas as-Saffah ("the blood shedder") defeated the Ummayad Caliph Marwan II and became the Caliph at al-Kufa in 749 A.D. and Marwan II was slained.

List of Abbasid Caliphs:

A.D. 749 Abu 'l-Abbas as-Saffah
A.D. 754 al-Mansur
A.D. 775 al-Mahdi
A.D. 785 al-Hadi
A.D. 786 Harun ar-Rashid
A.D. 809 al-Amin
A.D. 813 al-Ma'mun
A.D. 847 al-Mutawwkil
A.D. 861 al-Muntasir
A.D. 862 al-Mustain
A.D. 866 al-Mu`tazz
A.D. 869 al-Muhtadi
A.D. 870 al-Mu`tamid
A.D. 892 al-Mu`tazid
A.D. 902 al-Muktafi
A.D. 908 al-Muqtadir
A.D. 932 al-Qahir
A.D. 934 ar-Razi
A.D. 940 al-Muttaqi
A.D. 944 al-Mustagfi
A.D. 945 al-Muti`
A.D. 974 at-Tai`
A.D. 994 al-Qadir
A.D. 1031 al-Qaim
A.D. 1075 al-Muqtad
A.D. 1094 al-Mustazhir
A.D. 1118 al-Mustarshid
A.D. 1135 ar-Rashid
A.D. 1136 al-Muqtafi
A.D. 1160 al-Mustanjid
A.D. 1170 al-Mustaz
A.D. 1180 an-Nasir
A.D. 1225 az-Zahir
A.D. 1226 al-Mustansir
A.D. 1242 to 1258 al-Musta`sim

During al-Musta`sim's reign, the grandson of Ghengis Khan, Hulaku, entered Persia and became Sultan in A.D. 1256. In 1258, he captured Baghdad and put to death al-Musta`sim.

Posted 20 March 2006 - 02:14 PM (#19) User is offline   Zahid-bhatti 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

ABU LAHAB
ABD AL-UZZA

He succeeded Muhammad's uncle, Abu Talib, as the head of Hashim tribe. Abu Talib protected Muhammad while he was alive, and Abu Lahab revoked that protection. al-Lahab 111:1-3, see Sahih Bukhari 2.477

Posted 20 March 2006 - 03:14 PM (#20) User is offline   Zahid-bhatti 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

BDUL QADIR AL-JILANI"

founder of the Qadiriyah order of darweshes, surnamed Pir-Dastagir. He died and was buried in Baghdad, A.H. 561.
ABDUL RAHMAN IBN `AUF

an early Companion who embraced Islam in its early days. He was among those who fled to Christian Ethiopia. He accompanied Muhammad in all his battles and received 20 wounds at the Battle at Uhud. He died A.H. 32, aged 72 (or 75?), and was buried at al-Madinah

ABDULLAH IBN AMR IBN AL-'AS

supposed to be the person who has narrated the most number of hadiths. He was also supposed to have written them down, Sahih Bukhari 1.113
`ABDULLAH IBN MAS'UD

one of the early Muslims who kept a codex of the Qur'an before the Uthmanic codex became standard (used today). His codex contains many variants with the Uthmanic text. ibn Mas'ud was well-versed in the Qur'an was was taught by Muhammad personally to recite the Qur'an. See The Collection of the Qur'an -- from the hadiths for more details.
ABDULLAH IBN SA`D

is one of Muhammad's secretary.

It is related that, when Muhammad instructed Abdullah to write down the words (Surah xxiii.12-14) "..." Abdullah exclaimed, "And blessed be God, the best of creators"; and Muhammad told him to write that down also. Whereupon Abdullah boasted that he had been inspired with a sentence which the Prophet had acknowledged to be part of the Qur'an. It is of him that is written in the Qur'an, Surah vi.93, "..." (Hughes's Dictionary, p.2)

This incident of course casts doubt on the inspiration of the Qur'an, that if Muhammad should add to the words given.
ABDULLAH IBN UBAYY IBN SALUL

known in the history of Islam as the Chief of Hypocrites. al-Munafiqun 63:8 is said to be an insult by him on Muhammad. It was recorded that the Muslims were very angry and even his own son (who had became a Muslim) wanted to kill him. Muhammad, however, did not grant that request nor allow anyone from among his Companions to punish Abdullah bin Ubayy in any manner whatsoever. (ref Ibn Ishaq: Al-Seera tun Nabawiyya by Ibn Hashim, pt. III; p. 155).

Later, when Abdullah died, it was reported that Muhammad wanted to conduct his funeral. Umar reminded Muhammad that Allah has forbidden him to offer funeral prayer for the hypocrites. Muhammad replied that it does not avail whether he ask or not, since even if he were to ask for forgiveness seventy times, Allah will not forgive them. In other words, Muhammad believed that his prayers have no consequences and therefore he is allowed to do it. After the funeral prayer, at-Taubah 9:84 was said to be revealed forbidding prayer for hypocrites, rebuking Muhammad. Muhammad is said to put his saliva over the dead body and clothed it in his shirt. (ref: Sahih Bukhari 2.359, Sahih Bukhari 2.360).

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options
  Or sign in with these services