Spirit Of Islam: What is the difference between Aleh-Salam and Razi Allah? - Spirit Of Islam

Icon Important Announcement!

Like us on facebook!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What is the difference between Aleh-Salam and Razi Allah?

Posted 17 April 2008 - 11:57 AM (#1) User is offline   crazyraven 

• New Moon
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Salam Borthers or Islam,

I need to know the difference between Aleh-Salam and Razi Allah. Which one to use with whom?

Thanks in advance any my ALLAH be pleased with all of us.
lanat allah hu minal qomi-zalimeen

Posted 17 April 2008 - 12:33 PM (#2) User is offline   Muhammad_Mobasher_Muhammadi 

• MMM
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • LocationDubai, UAE

Wa 'Alaykum Assalaam,

'Alayhis Salaam means "upon him be peace" and may be used for the Prophets and the Ahl-ul-Bayt.

Radi Allahu 'Anhu means "May Allah Be Pleased with him" and may be used for the Ahl-ul-Bayt too as well as Sahaba Kiram, Taba'een, Taba' Taba'een and Awliya Allah Radi Allahu 'Anhum. It is generally used for the Akabirin AwliyaAllah only however there is no hindrance in using it for others too. It is a subjective opinion. Some prefer to use Rahmatullahi 'Alayh for the AwliyaAllah.

I hope your question is answered.

JazakAllahu Khayran
What is the constant concern of The Holy Prophet Alayhis Salaatu Wa Salaam? The Forgiveness of His Ummah. Struggle for it.

A common human being uses no more than 3 percent of his brain's total capability. Where do you use the remaining 97 percent when there is nothing meaningless or unnecessary in God's creation? In search of His Ma'arifah, in the path of spirituality - to Know Him.

Posted 17 April 2008 - 12:47 PM (#3) User is offline   crazyraven 

• New Moon
  • Pip

Muhammad Mobasher Muhammadi,

Thank you for your detailed reply. Thats all i need to know. May Allah be pleased with you.

Best Regards
lanat allah hu minal qomi-zalimeen

Posted 17 April 2008 - 06:03 PM (#4) User is offline   Madad-Ya-Rasulullah-saw 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

As salaamu 'alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

As salaatu was salaamu 'alayk Ya Sayyidina Ya Rasulullah,

'Alayhis salaam does not necessarlily have to be limited to Prophets a.s., Ahlul Bayt a.s. and Angels a.s., it can be used for Sahaabah r.a. although as i have just demonstrated it usually is not.

RadhiAllahu 'anh when used for the Sahaabah r.a. is not intended as May Allah be pleased with Him but is intended as Allah is pleased with Him.

Walhamdulillahi Rabbil K'abah.

Laa Fatah illa 'Ali Laa Sayf illa Dhulfiqaar

Ali nu yaad karo
Jisi 'Ali nahin milte Khuda nahin milta

Ya Ameerul mumineen wa Imaamul mutaqeen Imaamul Awliyah Sher e Allah Mawlana e kainaat Mushkil kushaa Sayyidina Mawlana Haider al Karrar 'Ali al Murtadha 'alaykas salaam Madad

Posted 18 December 2010 - 07:12 PM (#5) User is offline   nadeem5476 

• New Moon
  • Pip

then why we say to eachother when we meet k salam o alaikum ??answer please

Posted 18 December 2010 - 07:41 PM (#6) User is offline   faizaneattar26 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip

nadeem5476 (18.12.2010)
then why we say to eachother when we meet k salam o alaikum ??answer please

SALAM brother the sunnah is to say assalamu alaikum when you meet someone= peace be upon you.
it would be stupid to say alaihi salam to some one who is present in front of you and you greet them by saying= peace be upon him/her. hope that  clear some misunderstanding
ATTARI FOR LIFE

Posted 19 December 2010 - 10:37 AM (#7) User is offline   nadeem5476 

• New Moon
  • Pip

:) dear this was the main thing i want YOU PEOPLE to realise before posting something . you said that aleh salam (un pay salamti ho) is for anbiya e karaam ONLY . so whats wrong in saying peace be upon him to non anbya ?? PLUS did you read somewhere that alehe salam is reserved for anbya e karaam only ? or you just quoting yourself seeing the worldy scenario ??
reply please.

Posted 19 December 2010 - 04:50 PM (#8) User is offline   blogger 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Madad Ya Rasulullah s.a.w. (17.04.2008)

it can be used for Sahaabah r.a. although as i have just demonstrated it usually is not.

Why is it unusual?

Posted 19 December 2010 - 04:56 PM (#9) User is offline   seeker 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

nadeem5476 (19.12.2010)
 dear this was the main thing i want YOU PEOPLE to realise before posting something . you said that aleh salam (un pay salamti ho) is for anbiya e karaam ONLY . so whats wrong in saying peace be upon him to non anbya ?? 

This brother is correct
What do you say when you meet your Muslim friends? Or family? Or brothers/sisters?

"Assalaamu alaykum" / "Alaykum assalaam"
"PEACE BE UPON YOU"

So it's not just for Prophets (a.s.). If you and I are good enough to have salaam upon us, then surely it follows that Sahabah/Ahl al-bayt/awliya etc. are worthy of salaam? However usually you would say "Radi Allahu anh" for sahabah because Allah states in the Qur'an that Allah is pleased with them :)
PLEASE pray for me - just say Ameen!
OH ALLAH, GUIDE US

Posted 19 December 2010 - 06:42 PM (#10) User is offline   faizaneattar26 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip

salam  its seems that we are making a mountain out of a mole hill. our aslaf have said that use alaihi salam for the prophets, radiallahu anhu/anha for the sahabas, rehmatullahi alai for the pious people. now they said this to make it easy for us to recognize what catergory of people we are referring to if someone doesn't know. they never said it haram to use this words for someone else. you can use alaihi salam, rehmatullah alai, or radiallahu anhu for your dead grandfather if you want but its better that we stick with what they taught us, it makes life so simple.;)
ATTARI FOR LIFE

Posted 19 December 2010 - 07:03 PM (#11) User is offline   seeker 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

Like ^
PLEASE pray for me - just say Ameen!
OH ALLAH, GUIDE US

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:20 PM (#12) User is offline   nadeem5476 

• New Moon
  • Pip

i didnt mean to create any confusion here , but there is something i m not getting i think or you people are not capable enough to let me understnad that , may i know what is a SIMPLE meaning of ALAH E SALAM (i guess this means peace be upon him) - we are using the word HIM because HE is not present in front of us at the moment (right ??) so the simple meaning of Alehe salam is peace b upon him . And when we ordinary people meet together then we say Assalamo Alaikum (peace be upon you) because we are in front of eachother , so WHY that PEACE is specif for anbya ???? where it is written in any AUTHENTIC book of hadith etc??answer the asked question only first please to make it understand for us all.

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:25 PM (#13) User is offline   Revival-of-Islam 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip
  • View blog

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Enter your sign in name and password