Spirit Of Islam: How do we respond to the Modern day Atheists? - Spirit Of Islam

Icon Important Announcement!

Shaykh Sayyid Zahid Husain Rizwi has replied to our questions:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How do we respond to the Modern day Atheists?

Posted 25 March 2008 - 11:33 PM (#1) User is offline   sleepy 

• New Moon
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

asalaamu alaikum wr wb basically, what i've done is collect alot of the modern day claims of atheists and try to gather them and place them into one blog: http://dawahtips.blogspot.com/ it discusses issues like the big bang, evolution, and other modern day concepts such as why we're so similar to animals, yet why we're so different too. etc. erm.. anyway check it, benefit & spread it on or whatever - i feel its really important for us youth today. insha Allah it'll be useful http://dawahtips.blogspot.com/
NULL

Posted 25 March 2008 - 11:56 PM (#2) User is offline   sleepy 

• New Moon
  • Pip

oh erm.. lol, some of the more interestin ones are the posts of 2007 and early 2008; http://dawahtips.blo...01_archive.html i'm just linkin to this cuz the later posts are kinda fuzzled up since the sites for note-keeping too lol.. anywayz, hope u all benefit from it insha Allah..
NULL

Posted 26 March 2008 - 01:19 AM (#3) User is offline   asad_akhtar 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

atheists kafirs are blind and mast in following worldy desires.only Allah Subhanwatallah can guide them.
ASAD AKHTAR

Posted 26 March 2008 - 08:01 AM (#4) User is offline   N00r182 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip

Originally posted by: Asad Akhtar

atheists kafirs are blind and mast in following worldy desires.only Allah Subhanwatallah can guide them.

Whether it be muslim or non muslim, giving hidaya is only in the hands of Allah(swt). The purpose of all muslims shld be to deliver the message and i think science is the best way to do dawah with modern day atheist.

"By Time, Verily Man is in loss... except those who believe, do righteous deeds, exhort one another to truth and have patience." [Surah Asr:103]

Posted 27 March 2008 - 02:13 AM (#5) User is offline   YaNabi-Chemist 

• Full Moon
  • Group: Moderators

anything science uniquovocally proves, is indeed true. Lets not forget that.

Now - the Big Bang is indeed true.

what do you make of that?

Feel free to PM me if you have any health issues / ailments.

Confidentiality will be maintained.

Posted 01 April 2008 - 04:06 PM (#6) User is offline   N00r182 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip

Originally posted by: Faraz Hassan

anything science uniquovocally proves, is indeed true. Lets not forget that.

Now - the Big Bang is indeed true.

what do you make of that?

Quran is not book of SCIENCE, it is book of SIGNS. It has signs for believers.

"By Time, Verily Man is in loss... except those who believe, do righteous deeds, exhort one another to truth and have patience." [Surah Asr:103]

Posted 04 April 2008 - 07:38 PM (#7) User is offline   k847guns 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip

atheists are not the problem it humans that have made them that way. they speak out on issues that affected humanity. as far as i know you should believe in a creater. some atheists believe in a god bbut do not follow any paths but ahve good morals and principals. it all depends on what affects them. war, mass murder, hate etc.

Posted 05 April 2008 - 09:14 AM (#8) User is offline   N00r182 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip

Originally posted by: neha cheese

atheists are not the problem it humans that have made them that way. they speak out on issues that affected humanity. as far as i know you should believe in a creater. some atheists believe in a god bbut do not follow any paths but ahve good morals and principals. it all depends on what affects them. war, mass murder, hate etc.

Actually all the atheist beleive in first part of the shahada ie. lā ilāha which means there is no god worthy of worship. We hv to conviece them the second part of the shahada ie.

illā-llāh, wa ʾašhadu ʾanna muḥammadan rasūlu-llāh

which means:

there is no god worthy of worship but God (Allah), and I testify that Muhammad is the messenger of God."

Recommended reading:

God Doesn't exist because we can't see Him?
by Sami Zaatari

Posted 06 April 2008 - 06:04 PM (#9) User is offline   k847guns 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip

my answer to these people would be look all around you the starts, tress, space and time there must be a higher power.

Posted 05 September 2008 - 09:29 PM (#10) User is offline   Asimov 

• New Moon
  • Pip

Originally posted by: sleepy 123 it discusses issues like the big bang, evolution, and other modern day concepts such as why we're so similar to animals, yet why we're so different too. etc. I don't think it discusses those issues more than your blog simply asserts an ad hoc solution to the dilemma of applying God to an ever-changing knowledge of reality. Besides, your claims aren't 'atheist' claims, they are scientific concepts. atheists are not the problem it humans that have made them that way. You appear to be saying that atheists aren't humans...I hope that's a typo. they speak out on issues that affected humanity. as far as i know you should believe in a creater. some atheists believe in a god bbut do not follow any paths but ahve good morals and principals. it all depends on what affects them. war, mass murder, hate etc. No atheist believes in any god, by definition. If they believed in a god, they would be a theist. Originally posted by: N00r 182 Actually all the atheist beleive in first part of the shahada ie. l? il?ha which means there is no god worthy of worship. Actually, all atheists disbelieve in the existence of God. Worthiness has nothing to do with it. Some atheists may say that even if God existed, he doesn't deserve to be worshiped, but that's a character analysis and has nothing to do with atheism. Originally posted by: neha cheese my answer to these people would be look all around you the starts, tress, space and time there must be a higher power. Why must there be a higher power? Simply because you assert it?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options
  Or sign in with these services