Spirit Of Islam: Dreaming about your own grave. What does it mean? - Spirit Of Islam

Icon Important Announcement!

Shaykh Sayyid Zahid Husain Rizwi has replied to our questions:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dreaming about your own grave. What does it mean?

Posted 19 February 2008 - 12:20 AM (#1) User is offline   devoteddevotee 

• New Moon
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Assalamo Alaikum,

I have a friend who told me that her mother saw a disturbing dream.

In that dream, she visited her family's grave site and made dua for all who were buried there, and as she was leaving, she saw an open grave which she knew was hers. She then said to her [dead] mother "Yes Ma, I think I'll be able to fit in here".

My friend wants to know the interpretation of this bizarre dream, and I figured this would be the best place to ask.

So, do you know what it might mean?

Thank you very much. Ma'assalamal Khair.

Posted 19 February 2008 - 09:06 AM (#2) User is offline   Husayni 

• Full Moon
  • Group: Moderators

Wa'alaykum 'Assalam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

It is best if you ask a qualified scholar to interpret this dream for you as there are criterias that one needs to meet before being able to qualify for dream interpretation.

I advise that you speak to your shaykh,if you do not have a shaykh then please speak to your local imam.

jazakAllah

YaNabi Team

If you want to understand the Qur'an you go to Ahlul Bayt, if you want to understand Ahlul Bayt you go to the Qur'an.

Shaykh Sayyid Muhammad bin Yahya Al-Ninowy Al Husayni

Posted 19 February 2008 - 09:50 AM (#3) User is offline   N00r182 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip

I think the Dream interpretation section shld be removed, as it can only be done by a qualified scholar. Users in this forum will only end up drawing their own conclusion.

Hadith in this issue is very clear:

Hadeeth No. 6551 - Narrated Abu Qatada (may Allah be Pleased with him):

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, "A good dream is from Allah, and a bad dream is from Satan. So whoever has seen (in a dream) something he dislike, then he should spit without saliva, thrice on his left and seek refuge with Allah from Satan, for it will not harm him, and Satan cannot appear in my shape."

(Bukhari)

Hadeeth No. 6571 - Narrated Abu Huraira (may Allah be pleased with him):

Allah's Apostle said, "When the Day of Resurrection approaches, the dreams of a believer will hardly fail to come true, and a dream of a believer is one of forty-six parts of prophetism, and whatever belongs to prothetism can never be false." Muhammad bin Sirin said, "But I say this." He said, "It used to be said, 'There are three types of dreams: The reflection of one's thoughts and experiences one has during wakefulness, what is suggested by Satan to frighten the dreamer, or glad tidings from Allah. So, if someone has a dream which he dislikes, he should not tell it to others, but get up and offer a prayer." He added, "He (Abu Huraira) hated to see a Ghul (i.e., iron collar around his neck in a dream) and people liked to see fetters (on their feet in a dream). The fetters on the feet symbolizes one's constant and firm adherence to religion." And Abu 'Abdullah said, "Ghuls (iron collars) are used only for necks."

(Bukhari)

"By Time, Verily Man is in loss... except those who believe, do righteous deeds, exhort one another to truth and have patience." [Surah Asr:103]

Posted 08 March 2008 - 11:52 AM (#4) User is offline   Star78692 

• Full Moon
  • PipPipPipPipPip

MAsha ALlah ... Noor ... you speak very matured.

Jazak Allahu Khayran.

Signature reset by YaNabi Team. Keep it nice and SHORT.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options
  Or sign in with these services