• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

wazeefa for losing weight

Posted 18 February 2008 - 02:46 AM (#1) User is offline   ashirashid 

• New Moon
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

salaam,
i have tried dieting and excersing for 6 months now and i cant seem to lose any weight. i really need to lose weight. every1 picks on my weight and my parents think i wont be able to get a rishta because of my weight. i just wanted to know is there sum sort of wazeefa or dua i can read which will help me go skinny and help me lose weight. i know surah fatiha is powerful and cures all dieases but if any1 knows of any dua or wazeefa which is tried and tested to lose weight quickly and easliy then i wud be grateful
i am trying to follow my religion as best as possible.

Posted 18 February 2008 - 03:24 AM (#2) User is offline   Sohaib 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip

Asalaamualaikum This is not a wazeefa...please try reading this book....it has benefitted many islami bhais....written by Ameer-e-Ahlesunnath Moulana Ilyas ATTAR Qadiri Razavi Ziaee - http://www.dawateisl...x?litid=lit-211 -
A learned man who doesn’t restrain his passions is like a blind man holding a torch, he guides others but not himself.

-Shaykh Sa’di (rahmatullah alai)

Posted 18 February 2008 - 04:59 AM (#3) User is offline   naseer_ameen 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

Mashallah brother Shoaib, and excellent wazeefa! A great book! Still reading it, make dua inshallah I complete it!

Posted 18 February 2008 - 05:47 AM (#4) User is offline   Muhammad_Mobasher_Muhammadi 

• MMM
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • LocationDubai, UAE

Wa'Alaykum Assalaam sister,

You should have a teaspoon of honey in warm water before eating or drinking anything else in the morning. It helps reduces weight and is also a Sunnah of our Beloved Master. Increase your intake of water because honey is warm and can make your body and intestines dry. Have 4 to 6 glasses of water just after you wake up or have one glass every hour.

I will not recommend you to diet but just avoid filling your stomach by decreasing your appetite and intake of fatty foods. Start your dinner with two glasses of water, it will help you eat less. Then only add a little food in your plate and stop eating leaving some of your hunger unsatisfied and a place for air in your stomach.

It is a Sunnah to split your stomach in three sections, one for water, one for food and one for air.

Start fasting on alternative days.

The book the brother recommended is a masterpiece. You should definitely read it InshaAllah.

Seek a doctor's advice in case your weight issue has to do with something else and not food. However, usually a strict diet works for people who are unable to loose weight from working out.

Eat to live and donot live to eat.

Jazakillahu Khayran
What is the constant concern of The Holy Prophet Alayhis Salaatu Wa Salaam? The Forgiveness of His Ummah. Struggle for it.

A common human being uses no more than 3 percent of his brain's total capability. Where do you use the remaining 97 percent when there is nothing meaningless or unnecessary in God's creation? In search of His Ma'arifah, in the path of spirituality - to Know Him.

Posted 18 February 2008 - 12:45 PM (#5) User is offline   ashirashid 

• New Moon
  • Pip

salaam, thanks brother's for ur advise.
brother shoaib i cant seem to download the book or find on google. how am i suppose to read the book??

Posted 18 February 2008 - 03:02 PM (#6) User is offline   Husayni 

• Full Moon
  • Group: Moderators

Originally posted by: powerful duaaysha shah

salaam,i have tried dieting and excersing for 6 months now and i cant seem to lose any weight. i really need to lose weight. every1 picks on my weight and my parents think i wont be able to get a rishta because of my weight. i just wanted to know is there sum sort of wazeefa or dua i can read which will help me go skinny and help me lose weight. i know surah fatiha is powerful and cures all dieases but if any1 knows of any dua or wazeefa which is tried and tested to lose weight quickly and easliy then i wud be grateful

You must be doing something wrong..What types of food are you eating.What type of exersing are you doing?How much sleep are you getting.How many times a week are you training?All this plays arole if you are trying to lose weight...
Oh yes one more question what time of the day are you actualy training??
YaNabi Team

If you want to understand the Qur'an you go to Ahlul Bayt, if you want to understand Ahlul Bayt you go to the Qur'an.

Shaykh Sayyid Muhammad bin Yahya Al-Ninowy Al Husayni

Posted 19 February 2008 - 11:15 AM (#7) User is offline   ashirashid 

• New Moon
  • Pip

salaam,
i have honey and lemon in the morning. then i go for a long walk.i drink lots of tea. (asain tea i also eat junk food occasionally like on the weekends, but during the week i try my best not to eat junk. i eat mainly at nyt. then i excersie at 4 ish. i go to sleep really late. around 1 or 2 am. i mainly eat fruit. i drink diet drinks as i hate water. i drink diluted water. i no im not doing everything ryt, but with my excersing which is treadmill bike i spend 1 to 2 hours, i shud be losing sumthing as im not eating as much and ive started to excersie

Posted 19 February 2008 - 11:38 AM (#8) User is offline   Madad-Ya-Rasulullah-saw 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

As salaamu 'alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

As salaatu was salaamu 'alayk Ya Sayyidina Ya Rasulullah,

Brother is what you need to do is limit your calories, it doesn't matter if someone thinks it works or not i've done it myself and it works. You might think it's too much effort to keep checking calories but it really isn't and if you want to to lose weight you should do it. Also get about 20-30 minutes exercise a day minimum just speed walking on a treadmill. You say you don't like water but it is necessary, get a brita filter it tastes much better. Space out your meals throughout the day i.e. don't eat nothing throughout the day and then stuff your face at night, get 3 decent meals down you spaced out. Eat ONLY WHEN YOU ARE HUNGRY and STOP WHEN YOU ARE FULL. Eat slowly and you will notice a bit of feeling just above your navel when you are full then STOP. It doesn't matter if theres anything left on your plate just leave it, it's better to throw that away than make yourself unhealthy. You said you drink diet drinks that good for example Diet Coke has 1 calorie in it (that's all!) whereas a normal small bottle of coke (i think 500ml ones) have about 150 calories. Doesn't sound like much but it all adds up. InshaaAllah simple things will make a lot of difference .

Laa Fatah illa 'Ali Laa Sayf illa Dhulfiqaar

Ali nu yaad karo
Jisi 'Ali nahin milte Khuda nahin milta

Ya Ameerul mumineen wa Imaamul mutaqeen Imaamul Awliyah Sher e Allah Mawlana e kainaat Mushkil kushaa Sayyidina Mawlana Haider al Karrar 'Ali al Murtadha 'alaykas salaam Madad

Posted 19 February 2008 - 06:56 PM (#9) User is offline   ashirashid 

• New Moon
  • Pip

salaam bro,
thanks for ur advise will take it ino account

Posted 19 February 2008 - 07:04 PM (#10) User is offline   Sohaib 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip

Originally posted by: powerful duaaysha shah salaam, thanks brother's for ur advise. brother shoaib i cant seem to download the book or find on google. how am i suppose to read the book??

here is the direct link to the book - http://www.dawateisl...6/lit-211-1.pdf
A learned man who doesn’t restrain his passions is like a blind man holding a torch, he guides others but not himself.

-Shaykh Sa’di (rahmatullah alai)

Posted 21 February 2008 - 07:41 PM (#11) User is offline   Husayni 

• Full Moon

Originally posted by: powerful duaaysha shah

salaam,i have honey and lemon in the morning. then i go for a long walk.i drink lots of tea. (asain tea i also eat junk food occasionally like on the weekends, but during the week i try my best not to eat junk. i eat mainly at nyt. then i excersie at 4 ish. i go to sleep really late. around 1 or 2 am. i mainly eat fruit. i drink diet drinks as i hate water. i drink diluted water. i no im not doing everything ryt, but with my excersing which is treadmill bike i spend 1 to 2 hours, i shud be losing sumthing as im not eating as much and ive started to excersie

Sister your entire routine is off..You need to change your routine.From what I am reading here with all due respect I dont see how you are going to manage losing weight..What time do you eat at  night??

This is what you need to do:
1)Walk/Run 20mins
2)Stepper 20mins
3)Cycle 20mins

You need to cut out all curries and roti's and start eating more healthy.You need to cut out all junk food.Eating too late at night doesnt work if you trying to lose weight.
YaNabi Team

If you want to understand the Qur'an you go to Ahlul Bayt, if you want to understand Ahlul Bayt you go to the Qur'an.

Posted 21 February 2008 - 08:45 PM (#12) User is offline   ShaBanA-FaTiMa 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

originally posted by:Muhammad Al-Qadiri

You need to cut out all curries and roti's and start eating more healthy.You need to cut out all junk food.Eating too late at night doesnt work if you trying to lose weight

Asalaamalaikum, it is true eating late at night encourages weight gain as you havent burned the calories off and it just sits there turning into fat.  However eat 3times a day, do not cut out food, eat enough to fill you up!!  Cutting out curries and roti??  That is impossible for us asians !! Especially when you have a family, you wont feel right if you havent eaten your roti with a nice tharka curry, lol!! Just put less oil in your curry DO NOT use ghee.   

That is the only thing that makes your curry unhealthy, over cooking it and too much oil. 
Hazarat Muhammad (SalAllaho Alahi WaAlehi Wasalam) said 'Follow me and you shall be in the light'

Posted 21 February 2008 - 09:29 PM (#13) User is offline   Husayni 

• Full Moon

Eating late at night doesnt give your body a chance to digest.

You need to know what you want from your body and take it from there.There no use in doing this and that and then complain.If you want to see results then you need to be strick.
YaNabi Team

Posted 21 February 2008 - 10:36 PM (#14) User is offline   ashirashid 

• New Moon
  • Pip

salaam,
i eat around 6 or 7ish. i know im not doin it properly but i shud be losing sumthing, compared to wat i used to eat b4. but i will try to do it properly and take it more seriuosly. thanks for all the advise

Posted 22 February 2008 - 06:57 PM (#15) User is offline   kiran-haq 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

sister, its no good thinking that just because you are eating less, that you are bound to lose weight; weight has to be shifted through regular exercise. Try it daily and you will slowly but surely see and feel a difference. also try the suggestions given by the other members above, they are all very useful, but losing weight is a personal matter, what may suit one individual wont necessarily help another.

Sufi woa hoatha hai jiss ka wajood Allah kai siwa khaali hoath hai

Posted 23 February 2008 - 02:42 PM (#16) User is offline   amjid_786_m 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

Dont worry, Follow the wonderful advice given to you and id suggest read 2 rakat nafl with true intentions everyday, after which do dua with a sincere heart. Inshallah Allah SWT will answer your prayer!

Posted 24 February 2008 - 12:45 AM (#17) User is offline   Gadaeh-Arshadia 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

Follow the sunnah of eating.. try to eat date as it has alot of protein, vitamins and energy..

Also have fruit when yiou feel hungry, no fizzy drinks AT ALL.. chocalate- tracker bar or cereal bars as they are low on calaries..

Have bbq'd or grilled food- DO NOT eat fried food at all..

if you go gym start doing the cross trainer.. if you can run outside on the road..its better than treadmill

Alhamdulilakh since june I have lost abt 3 and half stones..

any advises needed just drop me email plss.. mo4sin@gmail.com

JazakAllah
www.shadpurshareef.com

Posted 05 March 2008 - 09:22 PM (#18) User is offline   Star78692 

• Full Moon
  • PipPipPipPipPip

It is the experience of thousands of Wise people that increasing friendship and relations is spiritually desructive.

Good character is a Divine weapon.

Real Shukr is not to regard oneself as deserving of any ni'mat.

Signature reset by YaNabi Team. Keep it nice and SHORT.

Posted 09 March 2008 - 04:22 PM (#19) User is offline   zulfkar333 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

Hi,

The best and fastest way to lose weight is to drink "Twinning's Green Tea" after every meal.
You may have a very slow metabolism rate in you body that's why your not losing weight quick enough but you can be sure this drink will work.

Obviously you won't like it at first because its without milk and sugar but you can be sure it works as it has been proved and tested, to improve the taste include lemon juice if you want. 

I've also lost weight with this MASHALLAH. Sister still stick to your exercise and stay away from junk food as much as possible also stay away from fried food all together. Go for GRILLED food instead.

"Twinning Green Tea" teabags cost around £1.20 from Asda for only 20 teabags it's expensive as you can pay £3.89 and get around 400 Tetley teabags but i can assure you i too have tested this method with "Twinning Green Tea" and my friends and it has worked.

Sister you can check on the internet and you will get positive comments on people who use Green tea as a method to lose weight. "Google it and check it out, if you have any doubts" 

Hope this helps.

Let me know the outcome after a few weeks please.

Remembrance of Allah drives away shaytan, suppressing him & breaking him; It instils love for Allah, fear of Him, & relating all matters to Him. It also enhances Allah's remembrance of His servant, for as Allah says:
So remember Me-I will remember you. (2:152)

Posted 21 March 2008 - 07:01 PM (#20) User is offline   ashirashid 

• New Moon
  • Pip

salaam brother zulfkar hussain, i have tried green tea and im happy to say im losing weight. i have lost nearly 2 stones so thank u for ur advice and help. and thanks for every1 hu gave me advice on wat i shud do. may Allah bless u all.
jazakallah

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options
  Or sign in with these services