Like us on facebook!
Dr Tahir ul Qadri's lecture about Hazrat Muawiyah
Posted 07 December 2007 - 02:02 PM (#1)
I am not very knowledgeable regarding the talks of Tahir ul Qadri. however, one Shia person said that in a recent lecture on QTv, al Qadri mentioned that according to An-Nissai there was not a single good hadeeth about Muawiyah. The Shia person also mentioned that Tahir ul Qadri said that the Khawarij were a creation of the Ummayads and Abbasids
I would like to know if Tahir ul Qadri actually said this, since I do not have access to his lectures...
Posted 07 December 2007 - 03:58 PM (#3)
- This lecture was on QTV yesterday (Thursday), one of the Itikaf 2007 lectures, I watched it so its still fresh in my mind.
- This is what Shaykh-ul-Islam Dr Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri ACTUALLY said:
- Imam Nasai compiled a book of hadiths specifically on the virtues of Hazrat Ali RA, it had about 150 hadiths ( i cant remember exact number). He did this because of the great fitna that was being spread by people against Hazrat Ali RA. Imam Nasai then went to Syria, and did a sermon in which he read out all of his book. Some khawarij who were present said: now also quote hadiths that mention the same qualities of Amir Muawiya. Imam Nasai said there are no hadiths which attribute the same qualities of Hazrat Ali to Amir Muawiya...
This is where yesterday's lecture ended. It will continue from there today as it seems Shaykh-ul-Islam was about explain this.
- Watch the lecture if you can so that you can hear what he said- QTV 5pm, repeated next day at 1AM and 9AM
- The lecture is about why Imam Hasan Basari did not mention the name of Hazrat Ali RA in his chain of narration when he actually narrated hadiths from Hazrat Ali. Very interesting topic.
- Final point, Shaykh-ul-Islam did not say that the khawarij were the creation of the Umayyids and the Abbasids, he said that because the Khawarij were also opposed to Hazrat Ali RA, they also took advantage of the fact that the Umayyids were opposed to Hazrat Ali.
- As I watched this lecture yesterday, it is quite shocking how the Shia brother mentioned in the first post has twisted the words of shaykh-ul-Islam to suit his own beliefs.
- Anyway watch today's lecture to hear for yourself what he said and what he did not say.
Posted 08 December 2007 - 12:13 AM (#7)
What caused the defamation and degradation of the most learned sunni scholars in the UK is now being also conveyed by Dr Tahir ul qadri sahib............I wonder if this will attract the same reaction from the people who were so quick to judge at that time???
The actual incident of Imam Nisai's shahadat is that when he was asked to mention similar fazael of Hazart muawiayh ®he replied "is it not enough for Muawiayh that Allah should forgive him"!! Consequently he was severely beaten resulting in his shahadat. I am sure Dr sahib, through some hikmah did not mention this, as he was more aware of the needs of his audience and the climate in which he was speaking.
Anyhow may ALLAH reward him for his courage to discuss subjects which have become taboo...... 110
Posted 08 December 2007 - 08:11 PM (#8)
mashallah fazy nation it inflates my chest with pride, alhamdolila despite the majority of sunni fear to tell the truth there are brothers like you who dont hesitate to tell the truth. May allah (swt) keep you amongst us and save us the rafdi net.
Posted 12 December 2007 - 07:00 PM (#10)
As-salâmu `alaykum dear brothers and sisters in Islam
I thank brother Muhammad Tahir for translating the portion of the lecture in question for everyone to read and brother Haamid Raza for posting the link for everyone to hear, clearing up all misunderstandings.
Please note, that it is Nasâ`î (nAsa`i) NOT Nisâ`î (nIsa`i). Nisâ`î means something to do with "women (nisâ)" while Nasâ`î means "a person from Nasâ". If we don't pronounce the name of a person correctly, people from other sects will think that we don't know anything about Hadîth let alone ikhtilâfi matters. This point was stressed by Sayyidi Shaykh-ul-Islam Dr Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri in one of his recent Gamkôl Sharîf (
Brother "fazination fazination": Could you provide a source for the statement you ascribed to Imâm an-Nasâ`î please? The book of any scholar with precise quote please.
Posted 13 December 2007 - 01:58 AM (#11)
I dont know what Dr. Tahir Al Qadiri mentioned.
But there are a couple of narrations about the incident and the reason Imam Nasa'i was martyred.
I think it is important to remember not to instigate these issues, and to respect all the Sahaba regardless.
Here is the info for academic reasons:
روى الحافظ المزّي، عن أبي بكر محمد بن موسى بن يعقوب الهاشمي قوله: قيل له: ألا تُخرج فضائل معاوية؟ فقال: أي شيء اُخرج، "اللهم لا تشبع بطنه"!!
كما واُخرج عن الحاكم أبي عبدالله الحافظ: سمعت علي بن عمر يقول: كان أبو عبدالرحمان النسائي أفقه مشايخ مصر في عصره، وأعرفهم بالصحيح والسقيم من الآثار وأعلمهم بالرجال، فلما بلغ هذا المبلغ حسدوه فخرج الى الرملة، فسئل عن فضائل معاوية، فأمسك عنه، فضربوه في الجامع فقال: أخرجوني الى مكة، فأخرجوه الى مكة وهو عليل، وتوفي بها مقتولا شهيداً
Imam Mizzy vol1/pg 157 in His "Tahtheeb AlKamal" and Thahabi in his "Siyar" mentioned:
( -Imam Nasa'i- was told why don't you narrate things in the Fazael -qualities- of Muawiyah?. He said: what should I narrate? - the Du'a of the Prophet: O' Allah do not give him satiety ").
Imam Hakem narrated:
( An-Nasa'i was the most knowledgable of the scholars of eygpt in his time, with the vastest knowledge in authentic versus weak hadith, and the most in knowledge of narrators. People envied him, so when he came to Syria, he was asked about the Fazael -qualities- of Muawiay. He did not say anything about him-muawiyah-, so people hit him in the Masjid.................and died on his way towards Makka".
Also: in another narration by Atha'habi in Siyar Al'lami nubala:
" when he was asked about he fazael of Muawiyah. He replied: doesn't Muawiyah get satisfied until he is favored over Ali? When he said that, people (in Syria) jumped on him and kept kicking him until he died, radiya'Allahu anhu".
He died as a Shaheed for the sake of telling the Haqq to ignorant people. May Allah be pleased with him and all the Ulama of Ahlus Sunnah.