Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

SHahbaz Qamar Fareedi

Posted 05 May 2005 - 12:42 PM (#1) User is offline   Ahle-Sunnah-Uprising 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

does any1 know where i can get his naat titled SOCHA MERIYA MEDINE WAL JAANDIYA?? please help someone
SalAllahu Alaih Wassallam
'If you want to love you’re going to die in the cause of love. So pick up someone to love who deserves to die for.' (Ibn Farid)

Posted 05 May 2005 - 06:42 PM (#2) User is offline   prince_zedz 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

Are you asking for information on where to buy this or download?

You can buy the cassette for £2.00 from Oriental Star Agency:

http://www.osa.co.uk/cgi/recordingpage.cgi?rid=3829

But I don't know where you can download it from. I checked everywhere.

Posted 05 May 2005 - 08:41 PM (#3) User is offline   Qadri-Jilani 

• Full Moon
  • Group: Administrators

As far as I am aware the tune of this naath is copied from a song so you shouldnt buy it!
Maslak-e-Ahl-e-Sunnat

jarahat al-sinani laha'l-tiyamu ma yaltamu jarahat al-lisani
ei biradar chu 'aqibat khakast, khaak shawesh az ankei khaak shawee
apni millat par qiyas aqwam-e-maghrib sei na kar, khas hei tarkeeb mein qawm-e-Rasool-e-Hashmi

Posted 05 May 2005 - 08:49 PM (#4) User is offline   prince_zedz 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

How does copying a naat from a song make it unlawful?? I didn't even know such a song existed. We should focus on the words of the naat and not on the tune.

Posted 05 May 2005 - 09:16 PM (#5) User is offline   ya-rab 

• New Moon
  • Pip

Assalamu Alaikum

yeh i agree with Light of Mustafa....

fi aman Allah
NULL

Posted 05 May 2005 - 10:08 PM (#6) User is offline   akbarkhan 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

Brothr Light of Mustafa, I think you misunderstood brother Qadri Jilani, songs with musical instruments are of a difference of opinion among the Sufi Orders.  If this song that is using the lyrics from the naat has instruments in it, then I think you should respect that difference of opinion. 

jazak-Allah.
NULL

Posted 05 May 2005 - 10:58 PM (#7) User is offline   prince_zedz 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

QUOTEOriginally posted by: Akbar Humayun Khan
Brothr Light of Mustafa, I think you misunderstood brother Qadri Jilani, songs with musical instruments are of a difference of opinion among the Sufi Orders.  If this song that is using the lyrics from the naat has instruments in it, then I think you should respect that difference of opinion. jazak-Allah.

I don't think Br. Shabaz Qamar Fareedi "sings" naats with musical instruments in them.

Even then, certain musical instruments are allowed in Islam like the daff (hand drum).

Posted 05 May 2005 - 11:12 PM (#8) User is offline   akbarkhan 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

I said what I did because I know that among Qadiriyya Tariqah it is not allowed to listen to Qawwals and similar music.

I have never listened to Shahbaz Qamar Fareedi's naatei, so you could be right about that.

I listen to songs with Music, I am not opposed to listening to Islamic music with instruments in them, as long as the song is in good taste and is not a disturbing listening experience.  My point was not that the brother might be opposed to any of his naats having instruments in them, I was saying that he is opposed to Fareedi's Naats because they might have some association with songs that have instruments in them, so I think he has a point.  because Islamically speaking, naats are different from songs.  If there is any association of his naats to some song, I think the brother has a right to be against it, according to his tariqah, that's all.

NULL

Posted 06 May 2005 - 07:38 PM (#9) User is offline   Husayni 

• Full Moon
  • Group: Moderators

there is nutting wrong wud qawali...
just tht HAZRET ABDUL QADIR JILANIE(R.A)was not for it..he didnt say its haraam...
when HAZRET KHWAJA GHARIBO NAWAAZ(R.A)when to baghdad to visit HAZRET GHOUS PAAK(R.A).IN HONOUR OFF KHWAJA(R.A) he held a qawali......

YaNabi Team

If you want to understand the Qur'an you go to Ahlul Bayt, if you want to understand Ahlul Bayt you go to the Qur'an.

Shaykh Sayyid Muhammad bin Yahya Al-Ninowy Al Husayni

Posted 06 May 2005 - 07:41 PM (#10) User is offline   shafi 

• New Moon
  • Pip

salaams..i was also told that story by one off our sheikhs

Posted 06 May 2005 - 07:58 PM (#11) User is offline   Abdul-Mustapha 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

Asolaamoalaikum,

It is hard to make up a tune for a naat and that is why sometimes it is seen that they are copying tunes. I do not see anything wrong with copying the tune of a song as long as you do not have instruments (prohibited ones). One should be thinking about the words not the tune. I understand that a tune makes it appealing, and that is why they copy song tunes. In the Dawat-e-Islami ijtima they tell us that if you know someone who listens to music, then give him a naat cassette. This is to try and pull him away from music and give him love for Sarkaar-e-Madinah sallalaho alaihi wassallim.
Just my oppinion, Wassalaam
Allaahumma Salli ala sayidana wa molana Muhammadin tibil quloobi wa dawaaiha wa aafiatil abdaani wa shifaaiha wa nooril absaari wa dhiyaaiha wa aalaa aalihi wa sahbihi wa sallam

Posted 06 May 2005 - 07:59 PM (#12) User is offline   Secular-Revolution 

• Full Moon
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Assalam Alaikum,

I believe that the issue that brother Qadri Jilani was trying to highlight was that the tune of this naat is similar to some song. I haven't listened to the naat so I can't comment but the point still remains that scholars advise that if listening to some naat reminds you of a song then one should stay away from it.

Note: The tune does not necessarily mean use of musical instruments. It's the way the naat is read.

The same problem was highlighted in an interview to Syed Faseehuddin Suharwardi sahab. Here is his response.

QUOTEQ: There is a trend these days that most of the Naat Khawans are offering Naats based on famous songs. I think this is not good. What do you have to say about it? (Sheraz – Jeddah, KSA)

A: This is really a bad trend. There must not be any resemblance of Naat with any song. I condemn this trend and request them who are instrumental in it, to give up this trend and recite Naats on genuine tones.

Kaabay Kis Mun Se Jao Ge SR!
Sharam Tum Ko Magar Nahin Aati

The difference between the Mullah and Satan is that the latter is not a hypocrite!
[Secular Revolution - the artist formerly known as Sunni Revolution]

Posted 06 May 2005 - 08:58 PM (#13) User is offline   faiz786 

• New Moon
  • Pip

salaam

QUOTEOriginally posted by: Aashiq-e -Rasool
does any1 know where i can get his naat titled SOCHA MERIYA MEDINE WAL JAANDIYA?? please help someone

add me to ur msn messenger. i'll pass on the naat.
faizal_daud@hotmail.com

wa salaam

Dushman-e-Ahmad pe shiddat kijiye

Mulhidon se kiya murawwat kijiye

misle fairs zalzalen houn najad mein

zikre ayate wiladat kijiye

Posted 25 January 2011 - 10:31 AM (#14) User is offline   AbbasHaider786 

• New Moon
  • Pip

i know i am quite late...

6 years late, but

https://www.muhammadiya.com

has pretty much all the naats you can shake a stick at. :)
Wah Kia Jood-o-Karam Hai Shah-Aey Batha Teyra
Nahin Sunta Hee Nahin Maang-Nay Waala Teyra!

Kiya baat e raza us chamanistanay karam ki
Zahra hai kali jis mein Hussain ore Hassan phool!

Posted 25 January 2011 - 01:28 PM (#15) User is offline   piara-madinah 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

in qadria yes qwali they listen , if a reciter recite naats why difficult for him make tune , no problem for him , why copy the song better make new tune.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options
  Or sign in with these services