• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

how to get rid of headlice

Posted 31 May 2007 - 12:16 AM (#1) User is offline   sana-ali 

• New Moon
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Asalaamalaikum 

I have a problem my kids have headlice i have tried everything to get rid of them wet combing and lotions i have even took all of the nits and thier eggs out by hand and i nstill cant get rid of them i am very stressed i dont know what else to do i cant shave thier hair off eithier they are girls please can any one tell me if there is any dua to read to get rid of them thank you

Posted 31 May 2007 - 12:27 AM (#2) User is offline   UKBro-Usman 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip

If you get really desperate then go to the doctors and they'll give you a chemical that will just kill them all off. Leave that as a last resort though.

Otherwise, cut their hair a little so it isn't toooo long... tell people that you thought it was getting really long lol. Make sure that even if you think that you got all the lice out, carry on the combing for a couple weeks afterwards because the eggs are impossible to get rid of all at once. If you comb regularly for a couple weeks then they'll hatch and get caught.

Bedsheets, pillow-covers, etc. change them all regularly too.

Making du'a would be a good idea too.

Hmm... I hope I don't sound like an expert or anything, people will be avoiding me in the streets!

Posted 31 May 2007 - 12:44 AM (#3) User is offline   sana-ali 

• New Moon
  • Pip

thanks for the advise bro usmaan i have been to the doc he did give lotions they did not work as for cutting thier hair hair my husbund has a big problem on that he says its a big sin to do that i did read read somewhere ther is a dua to read i was hoping someone would know it this problem has been going on for 4 years now i am truly fed up any more advise would be great thanks

Posted 31 May 2007 - 12:51 AM (#4) User is offline   UKBro-Usman 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip

Women cutting the hair

The hadith in Muslim in which it is stated that the blessed wives of the Prophet (Allah bless him and give peace) used to cut their hair, the commentators of Muslim explain that it is applied to women who are old and widowed and does not beautify herself. Imam Nawawi states that this action cannot be imagined as haven been during the lifetime of the Prophet (Allah bless him and give peace).

- It is permissible for an old woman and a young girl who cannot look after her hair, to cut it short a little, in order to look after it.

Does that help?

Posted 31 May 2007 - 12:57 AM (#5) User is offline   sana-ali 

• New Moon
  • Pip

thanks that does help at least i can show it to my husbund he will know for himself and it will make my life easier as i have 3 girls and its hard to look after thier hair thanks once again

Posted 31 May 2007 - 01:18 AM (#6) User is offline   samzus 

• First Quarter
  • Group: Moderators

Date: 2007.05.31
YaNabi Moderator: Farishta Khan
Comments: Sorry, I had to edit that message of yours because spraying chemicals that are used to kill cockroaches on the hair of your daughters could result to poisoning and also allergy reactions.

Chal Bulleya Chal Othay Chaliye ..Jithay Saray Annay
Na Koi Saadi Zaat Pachane ..Na Koi Sanu Mannay

Posted 31 May 2007 - 09:47 PM (#7) User is offline   samzus 

• First Quarter
  • Group: Moderators

Salaam to all!..
thanks for editing my post..i reallly do appreciate ur concern for muslims..
i would never suggest that act too...i just shared what i knew..never asked sister to use that method...i think i mentioned that..

well sister u asked for dua..as i said in my previous posts..it is great but not necessary to make dua in arabic..one can make dua in their language..just ask Allah Ta'ala and InshaAllah He will bless you..i'll pray for u too..
as u have said that u have tried so much but u can't get rid of headlice..it's not necesssary that the lotion dr advised  is not good..may be ur daughter's friend(s) have the problem ..and may be that's the source of headlice..
take care..
Allah Hafiz
Chal Bulleya Chal Othay Chaliye ..Jithay Saray Annay
Na Koi Saadi Zaat Pachane ..Na Koi Sanu Mannay

Posted 16 June 2007 - 10:29 PM (#8) User is offline   Star78692 

• Full Moon
  • PipPipPipPipPip

One of the family memebers of mine had a real problem with head lice and used kerosene after using doctors medicine ... it really works but is little smelly .... try it if you want ...... sorry if it is not appropriate. As said .... go to the real problem and try the friends or school students to get to the source as it can be very painful if it keeps coming back all the time.
Signature reset by YaNabi Team. Keep it nice and SHORT.

Posted 19 June 2007 - 10:36 PM (#9) User is offline   mariamthesister 

• New Moon
  • Pip

slam
put viniger in your girls hair cause nits don't like nits   

mariam

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic