Spirit Of Islam: Disturbing narrations in the books of Ahadith - Spirit Of Islam

Icon Important Announcement!

Like us on facebook!

• 14 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Disturbing narrations in the books of Ahadith

Posted 26 May 2007 - 07:22 PM (#1) User is offline   Madad-Ya-Rasulullah-saw 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

As salaamu 3alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

As salaatu was salaamu 3alayk Ya Khayru Khalqillah Ya Rasulullah,

I found this Hadith in Sahih Bukhari,

Volume 1, Book 8, Number 360:

Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah:

While Allah's Apostle was carrying stones (along) with the people of Mecca for (the building of) the Ka'ba wearing an Izar (waist-sheet cover), his uncle Al-'Abbas said to him, "O my nephew! (It would be better) if you take off your Izar and put it over your shoulders underneath the stones." So he took off his Izar and put it over his shoulders, but he fell unconscious and since then he had never been seen naked.

Can anybody answer as to what it's supposed to mean?

Laa Fatah illa 'Ali Laa Sayf illa Dhulfiqaar

Ali nu yaad karo
Jisi 'Ali nahin milte Khuda nahin milta

Ya Ameerul mumineen wa Imaamul mutaqeen Imaamul Awliyah Sher e Allah Mawlana e kainaat Mushkil kushaa Sayyidina Mawlana Haider al Karrar 'Ali al Murtadha 'alaykas salaam Madad

Posted 26 May 2007 - 07:44 PM (#2) User is offline   fayaz-halai 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

The Hadith is discussed under this thread brother.
http://www.yanabi.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=111&threadid=14783

Gustakhe Nabi Ke Liye Ab Apne Khuda Se

Main Hazrat-e-Moosa Ka Asaa Mang Raha Hu

Posted 26 May 2007 - 08:01 PM (#3) User is offline   Madad-Ya-Rasulullah-saw 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

Wa 3alaikum as salaamu wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

JazakAllah khair akhi fillah. However, that thread just seems to ignore the Hadith and focus on having go at the raafidah. Even if it was an event which occured when Rasulullah s.a.w. was a child, He s.a.w. was still infallible and was it ever allowed for a child to get naked and run around? Rasulullah s.a.w. was the Best of Creation always whether He s.a.w. was a child or an adult so is it feasible for this event to happen?

Ali nu yaad karo

Ya Ameerul mumineen wa Imaamul mutaqeen Imaamul Awliyah Sher e Allah Mawlana e kainaat Mushkil kushaa Sayyidina Mawlana Haider al Karrar 'Ali al Murtadha 'alaykas salaam Madad

Posted 26 May 2007 - 08:41 PM (#4) User is offline   rizwan_bashi 

• New Moon
  • Pip

Assalam alaykum brother Mansur

You mention that it states "While Allah's Apostle was carrying stones (along) with the people of Mecca for (the building of) the Ka'ba wearing an Izar (waist-sheet cover), his uncle Al-'Abbas said to him, "O my nephew! (It would be better) if you take off your Izar and put it over your shoulders underneath the stones."

Maybe this is stating how important it is to be covered when on the holiest grounds, i mean when we pray we must be covered ( from the waist down ) and we are miles away facing Ka'ba, they were at the time building the most important building of all time so when it states he fell unconcious could be relating to the importace of the Ka'ba That even the prophet fell unconcious, everything happens for the best and by the will of Allah (Azzuwajal ) so lets always look at the positive and not the negative.

If i have made any errors please correct me as this is just my view.

May Allah ( Azzu Wajal ) guide us all to the right path

Allah Hafiz.

Posted 26 May 2007 - 09:04 PM (#5) User is offline   Madad-Ya-Rasulullah-saw 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

Wa 3alaikum as salaamu wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

My dear Brother i've tried to justify it in different ways but can't. In the situation you mentioned, what was the point in Rasulullah s.a.w. being naked? Could He s.a.w. have not said that instead? Islaam hadn't even started anyway if it occured when He s.a.w. was a child. I just can't accept that this ever happened.

Ali nu yaad karo

Posted 26 May 2007 - 09:27 PM (#6) User is offline   Zakir-Khan 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip

maybe its a defective hadith, doesnt seem authentic. allahu alam.
Asalaatu Wasalaamu Alayka Ya Rasool'Allah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam)

Posted 26 May 2007 - 09:42 PM (#7) User is offline   Madad-Ya-Rasulullah-saw 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

It's in Sahih al Bukhari Brother. Now the problem is, if soemthing like this gets into Bukhari then does it call the whole book into question.

Ali nu yaad karo

Posted 26 May 2007 - 09:49 PM (#8) User is offline   Muhammad_Mobasher_Muhammadi 

• MMM
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • LocationDubai, UAE

Wa Alaikum Assalaam,

The translation is unclear.

The actual incident was that because The Holy Prophet were very shy, they hesitated at first, but, because they were a child and the Quraysh found it normal for a boy to be naked, they advised it for their comfort. 

The Holy Prophet were 12 years old, IF my memory is right. Donot take my word for it though.

The Holy Prophet fell unconscious due to the shame of being naked and regained consciousness when their Blessed body was covered back.

Alhamdulillah! I believe it must be clear now.

Jazak Allah
What is the constant concern of The Holy Prophet Alayhis Salaatu Wa Salaam? The Forgiveness of His Ummah. Struggle for it.

A common human being uses no more than 3 percent of his brain's total capability. Where do you use the remaining 97 percent when there is nothing meaningless or unnecessary in God's creation? In search of His Ma'arifah, in the path of spirituality - to Know Him.

Posted 26 May 2007 - 09:52 PM (#9) User is offline   Madad-Ya-Rasulullah-saw 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

No it still isn't clear and never will be. Rasulullah s.a.w. was always infallible. He s.a.w. was always the Best of Creation. He s.a.w. didn't live by the rules of the quraysh but by the rules of Allah Jala wa 3Ala.

Ali nu yaad karo

Posted 26 May 2007 - 10:00 PM (#10) User is offline   Muhammad_Mobasher_Muhammadi 

• MMM
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • LocationDubai, UAE

Originally posted by: Mansur Alam

As salaamu 3alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,No it still isn't clear and never will be. Rasulullah s.a.w. was always infallible. He s.a.w. was always the Best of Creation. He s.a.w. didn't live by the rules of the quraysh but by the rules of Allah Jala wa 3Ala.

Wa Alaikum Assalaam,

What has infallibility to do with it?

Please also note that the implementation of Shari'ah commenced from the first Revelation.

Jazak Allah
What is the constant concern of The Holy Prophet Alayhis Salaatu Wa Salaam? The Forgiveness of His Ummah. Struggle for it.

A common human being uses no more than 3 percent of his brain's total capability. Where do you use the remaining 97 percent when there is nothing meaningless or unnecessary in God's creation? In search of His Ma'arifah, in the path of spirituality - to Know Him.

Posted 26 May 2007 - 10:02 PM (#11) User is offline   Madad-Ya-Rasulullah-saw 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

Infallibility has got to do with making no mistakes and Rasulullah s.a.w. being the Best Example! Do you think Allah s.w.t. ever allowed it for boys to go around naked in public? I don't think so brother. Even it was makruh then Rasulullah s.a.w. would still never do it.

Ali nu yaad karo

Posted 26 May 2007 - 10:08 PM (#12) User is offline   Muhammad_Mobasher_Muhammadi 

• MMM
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • LocationDubai, UAE

Originally posted by: Mansur Alam

As salaamu 3alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,Infallibility has got to do with making no mistakes and Rasulullah s.a.w. being the Best Example! Do you think Allah s.w.t. ever allowed it for boys to go around naked in public? I don't think so brother.

Wa Alaikum Assalaam,

Please note that it is permissibile to look at the Awrah of a boy who hasn't reached puberty, without lust, in Shari'ah. The Shari'ah wasn't revealed then, and obviously no implementation of it.

Also, I remember listening in a speech, most probably by Syed Shah Turab-ul-Haq Qadri who narrated a narration which said that their cloth was pulled off because the elders thought they would feel easy without it and it would make it easier for them to labour.

It will help if you can specify your point.

Jazak Allah

Posted 26 May 2007 - 10:13 PM (#13) User is offline   Madad-Ya-Rasulullah-saw 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

My point is as i have said already that this could not have happened. Where does it say that Rasulullah s.a.w. hadn't reached puberty at 12 years old? Is it not makruh though in Shari3ah for even a child to be fully naked? Rasulullah s.a.w. would never have done anything makruh either. The Hadith says nothing about it being pulled from Him s.a.w. It says in the Hadith,

Volume 1, Book 8, Number 360:

Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah:

While Allah's Apostle was carrying stones (along) with the people of Mecca for (the building of) the Ka'ba wearing an Izar (waist-sheet cover), his uncle Al-'Abbas said to him, "O my nephew! (It would be better) if you take off your Izar and put it over your shoulders underneath the stones." So he took off his Izar and put it over his shoulders, but he fell unconscious and since then he had never been seen naked.

Rasulullah s.a.w. took of His s.a.w.'s izar it says. Doesn't say anything about elders.

Ali nu yaad karo

Posted 26 May 2007 - 10:16 PM (#14) User is offline   Muhammad_Mobasher_Muhammadi 

• MMM
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • LocationDubai, UAE

Wa Alaikum Assalaam,

Was Shari'ah Revealed and implemented by then?

Jazak Allah

Posted 26 May 2007 - 10:21 PM (#15) User is offline   Madad-Ya-Rasulullah-saw 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

No it wasn't. Now please answer my questions that i've been asking from the start. Do you think Allah s.w.t. ever made it halaal or even not makruh for a boy to go around naked in public? What about going near Al K3aba naked? Didn't Rasulullah know that Al K3aba was Baitullah and deserves high respect? Where is the evidence that Rasulullah s.a.w. at that age had not reached puberty?

JazakAllah khair.

Ali nu yaad karo

Posted 26 May 2007 - 10:29 PM (#16) User is offline   Muhammad_Mobasher_Muhammadi 

• MMM
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • LocationDubai, UAE

Wa Alaikum Assalaam,

I believe I have answered your question twice. If Shari'ah wasn't Revealed then, where does Makruh and Haraam come from?

Also, accepting the fact that The Holy Prophet removed the cloth with their Blessed hands, they did fell unconscious due to shame and only did so because their elders suggested it. Can you imagine The Holy Prophet not abiding to the command of their seniors?

Please reply under the light of the very fact that Shari'ah wasn't implemented then.

You have been stressing on the fact that The Holy Prophet would never Reveal theri Blessed body in front of Ka'batullah because it would be very disrespectful and Allah Azzawajal Would Not Be Pleased With it. The presence of idols in Baytullah isn't disrespectful? Was action taken then and there by The Holy Prophet or did it take 20 years?

My question is: Why didn't Allah Azzawajal Ordain The Holy Prophet to break the idols and throw them out of the boundaries of the Haram? The answer is because Allah Azzawajal Implements and Ordains With Wisdom and Strategy, so that we may learn to carry and implement in a complete process.

Jazak Allah

Posted 26 May 2007 - 10:39 PM (#17) User is offline   Madad-Ya-Rasulullah-saw 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

What? There were no previous shari3ah were there with many common prohibitions and all based on logic?

What so if the elders had suggested Rasulullah s.a.w. drank wine then he would have? Ma'adAllah! The shariah wasn't implemented then so are you saying Rasulullah s.a.w. would have drank it?

What, a little boy going and breaking all the idols? I think thats quite a lot different than showing a bit of respect by not getting naked.

Ali nu yaad karo

Posted 26 May 2007 - 10:49 PM (#18) User is offline   Ahle-Sunnah-Uprising 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

I have read this whilst proof-reading a Seerah book written by Abdul Wahab Najdi brought as a gift for a friend, i found it totally confusing but ignored it because i thought if mr najdi has wrote it then it must be interpreted in the wrong context.

If this is a Sahih Hadith then can someone please explain its correct interpretation from the view of the scholars of the Ahle Sunnah Wal Jamaat.

Also due to my own lack of knowledge i havent come across this before that Sahih Bukhari has any weak or not believeable hadiths? If something was not believeable or weak dont you think Imam Bukhari (Rehmatullah Alaih) would have left it out?
SalAllahu Alaih Wassallam
'If you want to love you’re going to die in the cause of love. So pick up someone to love who deserves to die for.' (Ibn Farid)

Posted 26 May 2007 - 10:50 PM (#19) User is offline   AllahWaris 

• New Moon
  • Pip

I THINK WE HAVE TO TAKE SUCH HADITH VERY CAREFULLY,EVEN THOUGH IT IS  IN BUKHARI SHAREEF.
THERE IS ANOTHER HADITH IN BUKHARI CALLED HADITH QUSTANTUNIA WHICH IS NOT BELIEVABLE.

Posted 26 May 2007 - 10:59 PM (#20) User is offline   Muhammad_Mobasher_Muhammadi 

• MMM
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • LocationDubai, UAE

Brother Ahle Sunnah, Shah Turab-ul-Haq narrated this Hadith but stated that the cloth was pulled from The Holy Prophet which was hanging loosely to their Blessed body.

I believe the translation to be incorrect or that there maybe various narrations.

Brother Sarfaraz, we are not discussing Bukhaari Shareef here. Lets stick to the topic.

What? There were no previous shari3ah were there with many common prohibitions and all based on logic?

People circumbulated Baytullah Shareef naked. I think that should answer your question.

What so if the elders had suggested Rasulullah s.a.w. drank wine then he would have? Ma'adAllah! The shariah wasn't implemented then so are you saying Rasulullah s.a.w. would have drank it?

Please talk about facts, not assumptions.

Wine was permissible for a considerable amount of time and was later prohibited by Divine Law. We are here to question the permissibility and impermissibility of the Shari'ah and not question the intention or practice of The Holy Prophet, Ma'az Allah.

Jazak Allah

Share this topic:

• 14 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options
  Or sign in with these services