• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Holy Prophet's date of Birth

Posted 18 April 2005 - 06:33 PM (#1) User is offline   Saladin_Mohammad 

• New Moon
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Salam,
        Just wanted to ask if any one here knows the exact date of birth of The Holy Prophet according to the Gregorian Calendar.

Thanks
Ya Rasulullah! May my parents be sacrificed for you!

Posted 18 April 2005 - 06:50 PM (#2) User is offline   Jilani-Media 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip

Asalaamu Alaikum,

I have read somewhere that his (Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam) birthday was on May 5th 570 C.E. but I can't remember where I read that and also if it is correct.

Wa'Salaam

www.JilaniMedia.com

786.77.103.121.129.139 (892)

Posted 18 April 2005 - 07:30 PM (#3) User is offline   irfanrazakhan 

• Full Moon
  • PipPipPipPipPip

salam brothers

there is alot of scholarly opnion in regards to date, but majority of classical sunnis have given the date below reason;

The beloved  was born forty days or 50 days after Abrahah's attack on the Ka'aba,

THe dates provided are;

Abu Mashar Nujayah: 2
Abu Jafar Muhammad ibn Ali: 10
ibn Hisham: 12 (no doubt sunnis are agree on the 12th)

Now all historians agree that Abrahah attacked the Ka'bah in 570 CE in this year Rabi ul awal sharif started at sunset on june 21 in the calendar let us see what days weekdays it throws up against the reported dates.

1 AF RBL 1                            570 JUN 21 (SATURDAY)             -     22 SUNDAY
             2 MONDAY                           22 (SUNDAY                  -     23 MONDAY
            10 MONDAY                          30 (MONDAY                   -     JULY 1
            12 MONDAY                 JUL 2 (WEDNESDAY)       -     3 THURSDAY

The calendar reveals a Monday on the 12th of the month of july. and it also confirms and matches sunni opnion of the 12th however other gregorian dates provided do match up unless they are considered for year 569 or 571....

so it means monday july 2nd 570 - 12th Rabi ul awwal in 570

Also if one consders the other opnions of ulama in regards to the year of the holy birth for example some ulama maintain our beloved  was born in year 569 and some say 571 in which case some of the gregorian dates you may be giving maybe could be correct, but then again ALL historians have confirmed 570 to be the year Abarahah attacked the Ka'aba... 

masalam

Posted 18 April 2005 - 08:30 PM (#4) User is offline   Iqra 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

Assalam u alaikum, I was told it was inthe end of April...is that incorrect, then?
Knowledge is what is implemented. Knowledge is not what one has memorised.

Posted 19 April 2005 - 01:02 AM (#5) User is offline   Jilani-Media 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip

Asalaamu Alaikum Brother Irfan,

I have a calculator on my computer which works out the day for specific dates and the 2nd July 570 C.E. was on a Wednesday. I always thought that the Beloved Messenger (Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam) was born on a Monday, I am incorrect?

www.JilaniMedia.com

Posted 19 April 2005 - 01:48 AM (#6) User is offline   irfanrazakhan 

• Full Moon
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Asalam-O-ALAYKUM beloved brother nabeel

its defnitely a Monday... yeah the date ive given it comes up as a Wednesday you are right bro.. 5-4th of May 570 come up

Gregorian-Hijri Dates Converter

Posted 19 April 2005 - 12:03 PM (#7) User is offline   irfanrazakhan 

• Full Moon
  • PipPipPipPipPip

salam again

but ibn sinai states in May was end of Rabi ul awal hence he states it was April? according to his works?

Do we know a exact date when Abrahah attacked Ka'aba?  

i guess this is ALLAH'S way of making people emphasise more on the date of 12th Rabi Ul Awwal ???????

masalam

Posted 23 April 2005 - 12:16 AM (#8) User is offline   Saifullah 

• New Moon
  • Pip

Assalaam alaikum my dear brothers in Islaam

I have never in my life read any where that we should celebrate our beloved Prophet (saaws) date of birth.

As we should follow our Prophet (saaws) sunnah meaning way of life, it is not stated in any hadeeth that the Prophets (saaws) sahaabah ever celebrated his birthday, so I can not understand why we should do that.

If the sunnah of the prophet (saaws) do not allow it why should we then make bid'aat meaning inovation in islam and in the way of the beloved Prophet (saaws) sunnah.

wa salaam

Posted 23 April 2005 - 12:48 AM (#9) User is offline   Secular-Revolution 

• Full Moon
  • PipPipPipPipPip

QUOTEOriginally posted by: Muhammad Abdullah
I have never in my life read any where that we should celebrate our beloved Prophet (saaws) date of birth.

Brother no offence, but if you have not read something doesn't mean that others haven't either or that it doesn't exist.

QUOTEOriginally posted by: Muhammad Abdullah
If the sunnah of the prophet (saaws) do not allow it why should we then make bid'aat meaning inovation in islam and in the way of the beloved Prophet (saaws) sunnah.wa salaam

As we've already had this discussion a million times in the past, so I'm going to approach it differently this time.

1. Can you please provide the evidence that the Quran or Hadith or the Sahaba or the Taba Tabaieen FORBADE celebrating the mawlid of the Holy Prophet

2. If you cannot do the above then surely something which is not forbidden is permissible? Ok, so you do not agree? You still think it's bidah? Well brother in that case, can you provide me the reference that the Holy Prophet or the Sahaba or the Taba Tabaieen every participated in online forums on the internet cuz by your definition that is a "bidah" which you just did. If I were you, I'd repent and never participate in online forums again.

So, which one do you choose brother? 1 or 2. I'll await your response.

Kaabay Kis Mun Se Jao Ge SR!
Sharam Tum Ko Magar Nahin Aati

The difference between the Mullah and Satan is that the latter is not a hypocrite!
[Secular Revolution - the artist formerly known as Sunni Revolution]

Posted 23 April 2005 - 01:08 AM (#10) User is offline   shoaib212 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

May Allah (SWT) forgive us for using the forums as it is clear bid'at.

BUT....

Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said people who create good innovations (Bid'at Hasanah) will be rewarded and people creating evils in the deen will be punished.

forums have the potential of being good and bad.

Same with milad, it is a source of attachment and happiness at the birth of Muhammad (SAW). some people in the month of Prophet Muhammad (SAW) birth (Rabbi ul Awwal) are so happy and some people are so sad. Rabbi ul Awwal means 1st day of Spring. Arent people meant to be happy in spring as they know the weather is changing.

Posted 23 April 2005 - 02:48 PM (#11) User is offline   irfanrazakhan 

• Full Moon
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Dear friend abdullah Muhammad

please listen to

http://media.yanabi.com:8181/ramgen/Islamic%20Events/Melad%2Dun%2DNabi%2FSyed%20Shaykh%20Hisham%20Kabbani%2FCelebrate%20Melad%2Dun%2DNabi%2Erm

Posted 24 April 2005 - 03:07 PM (#12) User is offline   Saifullah 

• New Moon
  • Pip

BismillahiRahmaniRahim
Assalaam alaikum my dear brothers in Islam
I want to thank brother Irfan Raza Khan for the video JazaakAllah hu khairan.

I was on the internet reading some articles and questions, and I found one which is about this subject:

Question:
What is the shar’i ruling on celebrating festivals such as the birthday of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), children’s birthdays, Mother’s Day, Tree Week and national holidays?

Answer :

Praise be to Allaah. 

Firstly: ‘Eid (festival) is the name given to something which returns (ya’ood), and is used to describe gatherings which happen repeatedly, on a yearly, monthly or weekly basis, etc. So an ‘eid includes a number of things, such as a day which comes regularly, e.g., ‘Eid al-Fitr and Friday; gatherings on that day; and actions such as acts of worship and customs which are done on that day.

Secondly: any of these things which are intended as rituals or acts of worship aimed at drawing closer to Allaah or glorifying Him in order to earn reward, or which involve imitating the people of Jaahiliyyah or any other groups of kaafirs, is a prohibited bid’ah, an innovation which comes under the general meaning of the hadeeth: “Whoever innovates something in this matter of ours (Islam) that is not part of it, will have it rejected.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari and Muslim).

Examples of that include Mawlid al-Nabi (the Prophet’s birthday), Mother’s Day and national holidays, because in the first case there are innovated acts of worship which Allaah has not prescribed, and because it involves imitation of the Christians and other kaafirs. And in the second and third cases there is imitation of the kuffaar. But in cases where the intention is to organize work to serve the interests of the ummah and to put its affairs straight, or to organize programs of study, or to bring employees together for work purposes etc., which in and of themselves do not involve acts of worship and glorification, then these are a kind of benign innovation which do not come under the meaning of the hadeeth, “Whoever innovates something in this matter of ours (Islam) that is not a part of it will have it rejected.” So there is nothing wrong with such things, indeed they are allowed by sharee’ah.

And Allaah is the Source of strength. May Allaah bless our Prophet Muhammad and his family and companions, and grant them peace.

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 3/59
Wa salaam

Posted 24 April 2005 - 03:29 PM (#13) User is offline   Jilani-Media 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip

Brother Abdullah Muhammad

Please read

www.yanabi.com/mediabank/mawlid.zip

www.JilaniMedia.com

Posted 24 April 2005 - 06:09 PM (#14) User is offline   arfan_ali 

• New Moon
  • Pip

brother Muhammad Abdullah it is allowed to celebrate the prophets birthday because he is the blessing Allah sent down to all of mankind. Some people say the Quran is the ultimate blessing of Allah but i say it could be why because the quran was sent down to the Prophet muhhamad saw. If not for the holy prophet their would be no quran so the main and ultimate blessing of allah to the whole of the world is our beloved prophet Muhammad PBUH. if you look at the awliya and the sheikhs they all celebrate the prophets birthday. if you love your prophet more than anything in the world then you will have milads and mawlids in houses, mosques and centres, if you dont love the prophet then this is a disease which has to be cured, it is like having no feeling for your parents if you dont love the holy prophet.

Posted 24 April 2005 - 06:55 PM (#15) User is offline   akbarkhan 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

A person who thinks they can learn Islam from Internet fatwas needs serious guidance, Insha'Allah.  You should start by reading Ahl' as-Sunnah books as a starting point.  I suggest you begin with reading Reliance of the Traveler by Shaykh Nuh Ha Mim Keller and what he says about Mawlid an-Nabi.

Furthermore, the fatwa you posted looks like it is from fataawa online which is a completely Salafi-Wahhabi website. 

YaNabi is for the promotion of Ahl' as-Sunnah wa'l Jam'aah and we celebrate the birth of Rasool-Allah because if he was not born, you would still be jaahil and so would everyone else.  If he were not born, you would not be saying Bismillah ir-Rahman ir-Raheem.  Rasool-Allah's uncle ibn Abbas praised his birth, Abu Lahab, the mushrik kaafir, receives benefit in his grave being freed from it's punishments, because he freed his handmaid on the day Rasool-Allah was born (a monday), and every monday until the day of judgement  Abu Lahab is freed from his graves punishment because of this - and this is told to us by Rasool-Allah himself.  ibn Abbas (ra), is recorded to praise the day the prophet was born saying that noor was coming out of all the creation and down from the sky.  The prophet praised and celebrated himself on the battlefield.  Habib-Allah Muhammad's very name means MOST PRAISED and CELEBRATED ONE.  How can celebrating his birth, which is done all year round by the way and not just in Rabi' al-Awwal or just the 12 of this month, be a bid'ah when all these things have been done?

Please  purchse these 8-DVD's to learn about the legal permissibility of Mawlid un-Nabi:

Mawlid un Nabi (SWS) (Four part DVD set)
Legality of Mawlid-un-Nabi (SWS); celebration of the birthday of the
beloved Prophet (SWS)

(8-DVD's set of Special lecture series by Shaykh-ul-Islam Dr.
Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri)

Title: Mawlid un Nabi SWS
Language: English
Author: Dr Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri
Format: DVD Video
ISBN: 969-32-0232-5
Price: £45 (incl P&P for UK)*

You can purchase it online right here: 
http://www.mushahida...shop/index.html
NULL

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1