• You cannot reply to this topic

Please explain: [Gearvy Sharif & Urs Sharif]

Posted 27 March 2005 - 08:40 PM (#1) User is offline   nazam 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Assalam Alaikum

[Gearvy Sharif & Urs Sharif]

Can someone please explain what Gearvy Sharif & Urs Sharif is about?

When did it start?

What is its significance?

How is it celebrated?

What events take place?

Allah Hafiz

M.H

Posted 27 March 2005 - 10:09 PM (#2) User is offline   fahadayaz 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

Gyarvi Shareef started with the Sultan al-Awliya, Gaus-e-Azam, Shaikh Abdul Qaadir Jilaani, Radhi Allahu Ta 'ala Anh.

He was better off than some of the people around.  So he decided to hold an event on the 11th of every islamic month.  He could then feed people and educate them at he same time.

This is the main reason of having Gyarvi Shareef, as far as i know.

<Peace and Blessings be upon You, O Messenger of Allah>

Posted 28 March 2005 - 12:03 AM (#3) User is offline   nazam 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

Assalam Alaikum

I was told by a friend that Prophet Muhammad [peace be upon him] used to hold a gathering to feed the poor on the 11th of every islamic month. 

This event was followed by Sultan al-Awliya, Gaus-e-Azam, Shaikh Abdul Qaadir Jilaani, Radhi Allahu Ta 'ala Anhu.

So this event was named as Gyarvi Shareef.

Allah Hafiz

M.H

Posted 28 March 2005 - 12:23 AM (#4) User is offline   MUSTAFA786 

• New Moon
  • Pip

Well I Have Heard That Sultan E Awliya Peeran Pir, Hazrath Syedna Ghous E Azzam Abdul Qadir Al-Gillani(R.A) Used To Arrange A Feast For The Esaale Sawaab Of The Best Of Creation, Hazrath Muhammad E Mustafa Ahmad E Mujtaba Noor Ul Hudaa (Saw) On The 12th Of Every Month. So Today The Ahl-e-Sunnat Wal Jaamath Following The Act Of Ghous E Azzam (R.A) Arrange Giarvi Sharif on The 11th (The Date Ghous E Azzam (R.A) Was Born) So That Ghous E Pak Can Present This Esaale Sawaab On The 12th To Our Beloved Prophet(Saw)

Posted 28 March 2005 - 12:31 AM (#5) User is offline   Ibraheem 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip

correct me if i am wrong i beleive this is also known as "Khatm al Ghousia" among Arabs and in Arabia.

Posted 28 March 2005 - 01:44 AM (#6) User is offline   MUSTAFA786 

• New Moon
  • Pip

Khatm e Ghousiah Sharif Is An Khatam Sharif That The lovers/Followers Of Ghous E Azzam (Ra) Read. There Are Also Other Khatam Sharif Such As Khatm E Naqshabndiyyah ETC. Muffaki E Islaam Recited Khatm E Ghousiah Today At Live Broadcast Of Giarvee Sharif

Posted 28 March 2005 - 03:18 PM (#7) User is offline   nazam 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

Assalam Alaikum

[Please correct me, if I have said anything wrong.]

I was told by an elder from Pakistan that people participates generous donations towards Gyarvi Shareef. 

The reason why they celebrate Gyarvi Shareef is because on an occasion a woman forgot to pay her donations towards Gyarvi Shareef or either to say khatam sharif on that day.

On that same week I think it was her sons wedding. All the people invited on the wedding ceremony were on a ferry upset the mother, who was watching the ferry take off. Suddenly the ferry starts to sink. After watching this happening the mother had so much depression that for eleven or twelve years she was running or walking in a jungle forwards & backwards. Suddenly a friend of Allah had appeared who asked her what the problem was. After hearing the problem, the friend of Allah said lets raise our hands and supplicate to Allah. After supplication to Allah the ferry that had sink for eleven to twelve years had started to rise while everyone was safe but only soaked.

The friend of Allah asked the woman, “Did you remember to donate generously towards the Gyarvi Shareef or either to say khatam sharif?” The woman replied “no”. The friend of Allah told her that when she goes back home she should say the khatam sharif and keep donating generously towards Gyarvi Shareef. The friend of Allah said if you don’t find anything back at home then ask your neighbors for a mug of milk and say khatam sharif on that.     

So from this occasion people strongly recommend to celebrate Gyarvi Shareef

Also the reason why they call it Gyarvi Shareef is because it is celebrated on the eleventh day of every month. The number eleven in urdu is known as Gyara (I think!), so that’s why they call it Gyarvi Shareef.

Also I would appreciate if someone can answer the questions remaing that are listed in the first post.

Allah Hafiz

M.H

Posted 28 March 2005 - 03:40 PM (#8) User is offline   Sufi_learner 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip

1. “Giyarwee Shareef” is specifically an Esaale-Sawaab for Sayyiduna Sheikh Abdul Qaadir Jilani (radi Allahu anhu). These are many proofs in the Holy Qur an, the Ahadith and from the statements of many of the illustrious Ulema and Mashaa’ikh of Islam substantiating the validity of Esaale-Sawaab.

2. Almighty Allah states in the Holy Quran: “And those who came after them say, ‘Our Lord forgive us and our brothers who came before us into the Faith, and leave not in our hearts rancour (dislike) against those who have believed. Our Lord! You are indeed full of Kindness, Most Merciful.’” (Surah Hashr: 10)

3. The Holy Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) has stated: “There is Allah’s Mercy on my Ummah. A person who is buried as a sinner, but with prayers and Istighfaar (asking for forgiveness) of Muslims, they with arise without sins (on the Day of Judgement)”. (Tibrani)

4. In another Hadith which is recorded in Sahih Mishkaat Shareef, it is narrated that a Sahaba once asked Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam): “O Prophet of Allah! We give Sadqa (charity) on behalf of our deceased and perform Hajj on their behalf. Does the Sawaab reach them?” The Holy Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) replied: “Yes, without doubt they become happy as one of you becomes happy when he is presented with a gift.”

5. The Ahadith and the verses, as well as many other, suggest that Du’a and Esaale-Sawaab for those Muslims who come beforeis a highly commendable act. This action of making Du’a is also the essence of the Giyarwee Shareef. Although the event pertains the Great Saint, all Muslims are remembered in the Du’as for Esaale-Sawaab.

6. The celebration of Giyarwee Shareef has been observed by great Awliya and Ulema for many hundreds of years. Giyarwee Shareef is specifically an Esaale-Sawaab for Ghaus-al Azam (radi Allahu anhu)

7. It is also celebrated o the 11th of every Islamic Month (“Giyarwee” means “eleven” in Urdu) in many mosques or by individuals at home. This auspicious function takes place both nationally and internationally endowing great spiritual benefits and Barakah. 

8. Describing the circumstances of his time, Sheikh Abdul Haq Muhaddith Dehlvi (radi Allahu anhu) in “Ma Thabata minas Sunnah” writes: “Verily in our country (Indo-Pak sub-continent) in these times, the celebration of Giyarwee Shareef is widespread. It is more famous among the Mashaa’ikh of the Qaderiyyah Order.” 

9. Shah Abdul Aziz Muhaddith Dehlvi (radi Allahu anhu) states in his “ Fatawa Azeeziyah”: “To read Fateha and to send his Sawaab to the Arwaah (souls) is permitted and correct.”

10. He further states in his “Malfoozat-e-Azeezi”: “During the Giyarwee Shareef, the Sultan and the pious elders congregate at the Mazaar Shareef (Blessed Tomb) of Sayyiduna Sheikh Abdul Qaadir Jilani in Baghdad Shareef. They recite the Khatam Shareef from Asar Salaah till Maghrib Salaah and also recite the praises the praises of Sayyiduna Sheikh Abdul Qaadir Jilani (radi Allahu anhu). After the Maghrib Salaah, the Spiritual Head sits in the middle of the congregation and leads the Zikr. On this occasion many people experience a sense of Wajd (spiritual ecstasy). This is followed by distribution of sweets prepared for the function. The people disperse after the Esha Salaah.”

11. There are numerous scholars who have elaborated on the Giyarwee Shareef. To name a few: The son of Mulla Jeewan (radi Allahu anhu) in his book, “Wajeesus Siraat”. Mulla Jeewan is also the teacher of Sultan Aurangzeb Alamgir, the Great Mughal Emperor; Allama Ghulam Sarwar Lahori (radi Allahu anhu), author of “Khazinat ul Asfiyah”; Sheikh Abdul Haq Muhaddith Dehlvi (radi Allahu anhu) in his book “Akhbaar-ul Ahyaar”; Shah Abul Mu’aali (radi Allahu anhu) in his book “Tuhfa-e-Qaaderiyah”; Arif-e-Billah Imam Shatooni (radi Allahu anhu) in his famous Kitaab “Bah-jatul Asrar Shareef”.

Posted 29 March 2005 - 01:59 PM (#9) User is offline   nazam 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

Assalam Alaikum

[Urs Sharif]

Can someone please explain what Urs Sharif is about & how it is celebrated?

Allah Hafiz

M.H

Posted 30 March 2005 - 10:20 AM (#10) User is offline   YA_RASOOLALLAH 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

Assalamu Alaykum urs sharif i think is done yearley and similar events to giyaarwi sharif take place on this occasion i dont have the knowledge to explain further inshaALLAH i hope some one with more knowledge can answer your question Wa-Alayko Mussalaam

Posted 06 June 2010 - 02:48 PM (#11) User is offline   Husayni 

• Full Moon
  • Group: Moderators

Commemorating Giyarwin Sharif
YaNabi Team

If you want to understand the Qur'an you go to Ahlul Bayt, if you want to understand Ahlul Bayt you go to the Qur'an.

Shaykh Sayyid Muhammad bin Yahya Al-Ninowy Al Husayni

Posted 06 August 2010 - 08:56 PM (#12) User is offline   Mohammed-Ummar-Naqshbandi 

• New Moon
  • Pip

nazam (28.03.2005)
Assalam Alaikum

[Please correct me, if I have said anything wrong.]

I was told by an elder from Pakistan that people participates generous donations towards Gyarvi Shareef. 

The reason why they celebrate Gyarvi Shareef is because on an occasion a woman forgot to pay her donations towards Gyarvi Shareef or either to say khatam sharif on that day.

On that same week I think it was her sons wedding. All the people invited on the wedding ceremony were on a ferry upset the mother, who was watching the ferry take off. Suddenly the ferry starts to sink. After watching this happening the mother had so much depression that for eleven or twelve years she was running or walking in a jungle forwards & backwards. Suddenly a friend of Allah had appeared who asked her what the problem was. After hearing the problem, the friend of Allah said lets raise our hands and supplicate to Allah. After supplication to Allah the ferry that had sink for eleven to twelve years had started to rise while everyone was safe but only soaked.

The friend of Allah asked the woman, “Did you remember to donate generously towards the Gyarvi Shareef or either to say khatam sharif?” The woman replied “no”. The friend of Allah told her that when she goes back home she should say the khatam sharif and keep donating generously towards Gyarvi Shareef. The friend of Allah said if you don’t find anything back at home then ask your neighbors for a mug of milk and say khatam sharif on that.     

So from this occasion people strongly recommend to celebrate Gyarvi Shareef

Also the reason why they call it Gyarvi Shareef is because it is celebrated on the eleventh day of every month. The number eleven in urdu is known as Gyara (I think!), so that’s why they call it Gyarvi Shareef.

Also I would appreciate if someone can answer the questions remaing that are listed in the first post.

Allah Hafiz

This is what i hav heard also brother nazam

"FAZKURUNI AZKURKUM, WASHKURULI WALA THAKFURUN"

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options
  Or sign in with these services