• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Grinding of teeth in sleep

Posted 06 January 2007 - 10:46 AM (#1) User is offline   prlzuby 

• New Moon
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Assalam O Alaekum

My daugher is 5 years old and she is habitual of rubbing teeth (which makes sound) during sleeping. I heared that this habbit is not good for parents or brother.  May any muftee tell me that wether it is right or wrong. Further is there any dua/wadeefa to remove the same.

I shall b very grateful 4 ever

Allah Hafiz

Posted 06 January 2007 - 05:44 PM (#2) User is offline   amshafai 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

Alhamdulillahi rabil aAlameen, wa salaatu wa salaamu alaikha Ya RasoolAllāh Sallallahu 'Alayhi Wasallam wa aAlaikha wa aAshaabaikha radī Allāhu 'anhum ajmaeen.

As-salāmu 'alaykum wa rahmatullāhi wa barakātuh brother Zaheer.

The rubbing/grinding of teeth or buxism as it is known occurs in about 15% of all children and teens as they sleep... it is done subconsciously as their dreaming away...

G
rinding teeth can lead to jaw pain, headaches and also tooth erosion. The best thing would be to visit a dentist frequently so he may monitor the wear pattern and decide what treatment is needed. He may provide a bite guard or temporary crowns. Majority of the times children do this because it is stress induced, you will need to make sure everything is well with your child, her schooling and other activities etc...

InshaAllāh azawajal the best advice would be to see the Dentist regarding the problem and see the Mufti for a taweez or dua to reduce anxiety or stress.

And Allāh azawajal knows best.

If you require any dental help inshaAllāh azawajal don't hesitate to PM me.

BarakAllāh Fi

Asid Shafait Riazi

mangoo786@hotmail.co.uk

Patience........ It is a must in life.

Posted 07 January 2007 - 03:58 AM (#3) User is offline   Damishq 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

Assalamu Alaykum Brother Zaheer. Here is some info I found...Hope it is of benefit to you, Insha'Allah

Do Children Grind Their Teeth?

The problem of teeth grinding is not limited to adults. Approximately 15% to 33% of children grind their teeth. Children who grind their teeth tend to do so at two peak times - when their baby teeth emerge and when their permanent teeth come in. Most children lose the teeth grinding habit after these two sets of teeth have come in more fully.

Most commonly, children grind their teeth during sleep rather than during waking hours. No one knows exactly why children grind their teeth but considerations include improperly aligned teeth or irregular contact between upper and lower teeth, illnesses and other medical conditions (such as nutritional deficiencies, pinworm, allergies, endocrine disorders) and psychological factors including anxiety and stress.

Grinding of the baby teeth rarely results in problems. However, teeth grinding can cause jaw pain, headaches, wear on the teeth and TMD. Consult your dentist if your child's teeth look worn or if your child complains of tooth sensitivity or pain.

Specific tips to help a child stop grinding his or her teeth include:

• Decrease your child's stress, especially just before bed.

• Try massage and stretching exercises to relax the muscles.
  • Make sure your child's diet includes plenty of water. Dehydration may be linked to teeth grinding.
  • Ask your dentist to monitor your child's teeth if he or she is a grinder.

No intervention is usually required with preschool-age children. However, older children may need temporary crowns or other methods, such as a night guard, to prevent the grinding.

Ma'asalama

'Do not keep company with anyone whose state does not inspire you and whose speech does not lead you to Allah.'
- Ibn 'Ata'illah As-Sikandari

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options
  Or sign in with these services