Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

life in Iran - what is it really like?

Posted 12 March 2005 - 02:57 PM (#1) User is offline   fazillahsadeq 

• New Moon
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Are there any members who live in Iran or have visited - I have read and heard but I am interested in hearing from those who have experience.  I was reading the novel by Betty Mahmoodi - not without my daughter but his of course is an American woman's point of view - is anybody able to share their views or experience.

Posted 12 March 2005 - 03:56 PM (#2) User is offline   irfanrazakhan 

• Full Moon
  • PipPipPipPipPip

salam sister,

My beloved brother wudood Ali Ahmed sistani is in iran, he can answer you best on this, he will be around soon on the forums INSALLAH

Wasalaam 

Posted 13 March 2005 - 09:37 AM (#3) User is offline   AliAhmed 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

jazak Allah Sidi 'Irfan, you made me happy bro!!! as salam 'alaykom ss fazillah. please ask your questions insha Allah!!!
Ya Abu Bakar...Ya 'Umar.....Ya 'Uthman....Ya 'Ali

as salam 'alaykom wa rehmatuAllahi wa barakatuHu

Posted 13 March 2005 - 04:40 PM (#4) User is offline   fazillahsadeq 

• New Moon
  • Pip

Brother Ali Ahmed - Assalamun Alaykum

Have you read the novel - Not without my daughter by Betty Mahmoodi.  Betty is an American who has married an Iranian.  She describes the life as oppressed for women.  She says a woman was beaten for trying to post a letter.  Women were whipped for showing a strand of hair and for showing bear legs.  This of course is the American's view - I was wondering what life there is really like?

Posted 18 January 2009 - 12:47 AM (#5) User is offline   muslim_bin_muslim 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip

i think you should go visit iran.. especially tehran, that may help? lol..

i can tell you one thing, the life for Sunnis is EXTREMELY, VERY hard.  they are under constant pressure to convert, and in majority sunni areas they have "Mut'aa" centres to encourage young sunnis to commit "Zina" by doing temporary marriages.

Signature reset by YaNabi Team. Keep it nice and SHORT.

Posted 18 January 2009 - 02:04 AM (#6) User is offline   Husayni 

• Full Moon
  • Group: Moderators

muslim_bin_muslim (18.01.2009)
i think you should go visit iran.. especially tehran, that may help? lol..

i can tell you one thing, the life for Sunnis is EXTREMELY, VERY hard.  they are under constant pressure to convert, and in majority sunni areas they have "Mut'aa" centres to encourage young sunnis to commit "Zina" by doing temporary marriages.

Have you been there to witness this first hand??

YaNabi Team

If you want to understand the Qur'an you go to Ahlul Bayt, if you want to understand Ahlul Bayt you go to the Qur'an.

Shaykh Sayyid Muhammad bin Yahya Al-Ninowy Al Husayni

Posted 16 March 2009 - 08:23 AM (#7) User is offline   Zahra20 

• New Moon
  • Pip

Salam alaykum,

I'm no expert on the country but I've visited and what I've seen was enough to prove that Betty Mahmoody's book was complete and total rubbish

Posted 16 March 2009 - 11:35 AM (#8) User is offline   Sunni-Soldier-Of-Islam 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned

I have never been to Iran, my friend who is a Shia has been to IRan and he describes it as brilliant, but he says their is one major down poit which is Prostituion in holy places as he himself was approached by Pimps offering girls at shrines,

I aksed him to get me some ifnromation on unni masjid in Tehran where he went, he didnt find any Masjid of sunnis.

Also IRAN has very harsh and extreme attitude towards Sunnis and has killed many undercover and pressurizes Sunnis to convert, but our used at YANABI will always say HAVE YOU BEEN THEIR TO SEE IT! well I havent well if you go on You tube you can check some Sunni Iranian schlors who have been exiled or ran off from their to save their Lives...

Iran is a beautiful place and has many sight worth watching, just make sure if you go you have extra bit of money with you for BRIBING as this is one of the practice of Asia continents lol.

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:22 AM (#9) User is offline   ahsaaan28 

• New Moon
  • Pip

Salam Sister and to all...

You know I haven't read the Betty Mahmoody's book that's why I have no idea about her book. but what I wanna say here is to tell you something about here in Iran. I'm staying here in Mashhad for almost 3 years. I was also in Qom. I visited many cities in Iran like Tehran, Yazd, Kashan, Miami, kanat and many more. I also went to South Iran and North Iran infact I visited the Iraq's margin in Arvankenor, South Iran.

You know, the life here in Iran according to what I've seen is good and some situations are bad. But totally, when you say the life in Iran it means the culture and its tradition am I right? So, What I want to say here is you should ask about their religion so that you'll know what's IRAN now with regards of ISLAM.

In my own opinion Iran is an Islamic Republic. Iran now is one of the most active country behind the Islamic countries. they always help the other country especially GHAZA against Israel. The only one country who shouts "Down to America" and "Down to Israel". look at Saudi, Saudi is one of the relative countries of America and you know that.

@muslim bin muslim......... brother, don't say anything if you are not sure. yes I can't deny you about mut'ah in Iran, but as far as I'm reading the Quran, there's a verse which is telling about mutah.. see Suratun Nisa 24. Mut'ah is not a Zina, it's lawfull according to Quran.. and by the way, Sunni and Shia here in Iran are both friends.

let me ask you, So how about Shia in Saudi Arabia? don't you know about this? about the life of all shia in Saudi Arabia? How about the shia also in other country? are they a good friends of Shia? Does Shia  has a good life too? think about this brother before you say "the life for Sunnis (in iran) is EXTREMELY, VERY hard...

So, just wanna defense something! thanks..
Holy Prophet (s) said:

Martyrdom of Husain a.s. creates a fire and heat in the hearts of believers which will never be extinguished. (Mustadrak Al-Wasa-il, v.2 p.217)

Posted 27 June 2010 - 12:21 AM (#10) User is offline   shez1983 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

ahsaan28:

I have heard that sunnis are persecuted & forced to become a shia in Iran? is this true?

Posted 27 June 2010 - 01:04 AM (#11) User is offline   SISTERSILK786 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

muslim_bin_muslim (18.01.2009)
i think you should go visit iran.. especially tehran, that may help? lol..i can tell you one thing, the life for Sunnis is EXTREMELY, VERY hard.  they are under constant pressure to convert, and in majority sunni areas they have "Mut'aa" centres to encourage young sunnis to commit "Zina" by doing temporary marriages.

Salaam.

Yes, I read a book not long ago about an Iranian woman who was subject to a number of these temporary marriages. For the life of me I can't remember the name of the book. It was shocking and quite disgusting actually-but an eye opener.:w00t:

SisterSilk786 100% Aashiq-E-Rasool (SAW) 100% Ahle Sunnah Wa Al Ja'maah 100% Qadiriyya

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options
  Or sign in with these services