Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Is Sheep's Stomach Halal or Haram?

Posted 03 December 2006 - 06:45 PM (#1) User is offline   xfaizax 

• New Moon
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Is it halal or haram? My mate was telling me it's haram. Can somebody please clarify.

Posted 04 December 2006 - 10:43 AM (#2) User is offline   mficain 

• New Moon
  • Pip

It is Makrooh-e-Tahrimi. (Severly disliked, close to Haraam).
The same applies to the testicles, a very common dish is something called 'katakat" (forgive my spelling). Sometimes this dish also contains testicles, it is Makrooh-e-Tahrimi.

Allahu waRasoolahu a'alamu

Posted 04 December 2006 - 10:53 AM (#3) User is offline   Sunni-Soldier-Of-Islam 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned

is the stomach of sheep known as PHOTEE by any chance.. maybe my spelling are wrong... but when  you cook this PHOTEE i think it is the stomach it absoulotely stinks but some elder people really like this and think it is healthy....but for eating the stomach is their any SIN as it is MAKHROO i dont think it would be a SIN e.g like PIG

Posted 04 December 2006 - 11:13 AM (#4) User is offline   Mohammad_Ali 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

In Pakistan this is normally called Pota or Ojri - common in breakfast.

It is Makrooh [Disliked but Not Haram] though, but I still fail to see why would people like to relish on an animals stomach?
Haq Haq Haq Haq Haq Haq

Posted 04 December 2006 - 12:36 PM (#5) User is offline   Imran. 

• Full Moon
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Originally posted by: Mohammad Ali

In Pakistan this is normally called Pota or Ojri - common in breakfast.It is Makrooh [Disliked but Not Haram] though, but I still fail to see why would people like to relish on an animals stomach?

Assalaam Alaikum!

Yes that is right, it is makruh (due to the filth in it),but if it is cleansed properly before cooking then there is no harm or sin.

Also known as tripe in English.

It can be quite nice if cooked properly(well i think so anyway).

Posted 04 December 2006 - 12:42 PM (#6) User is offline   Sunni-Soldier-Of-Islam 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

Aslama o alaykhum,

Yes I also heard it is nice when cooked properly.. It goes through so many stages of cleaning. e.g first clean and then boil then clean etc etc by the time it is finihs atleast 4 people of one family have fainted due to the smell

Posted 04 December 2006 - 06:15 PM (#7) User is offline   xfaizax 

• New Moon
  • Pip

fanx for letting me know greatly appricated easy(",)

Posted 05 December 2006 - 06:58 AM (#8) User is offline   Mohammad_Ali 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

I've had it a number of times and its quite tasty - it was only when I saw what it looked like BEFORE it was cooked that I kinda lost my appetite for it. Although its not Haram and you can sink your tastebuds in it if you really like that kind of stuff
Haq Haq Haq Haq Haq Haq

Posted 07 December 2006 - 03:31 PM (#9) User is offline   mficain 

• New Moon
  • Pip

Originally posted by: Sunni Soldier Of Islam

is the stomach of sheep known as PHOTEE by any chance.. maybe my spelling are wrong... but when  you cook this PHOTEE i think it is the stomach it absoulotely stinks but some elder people really like this and think it is healthy....but for eating the stomach is their any SIN as it is MAKHROO i dont think it would be a SIN e.g like PIG

In my country its commonly called aujri. Yes, makrooh-e-tahrimi is regarded a sin, especially if one makes a habit of eating it unnecessarily. And in this case, there is no need for eating it. so it would be in great taqwah to abstain from it.

And Allah and His Rasool know best.

Posted 07 December 2006 - 09:18 PM (#10) User is offline   Sunni-Soldier-Of-Islam 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

IT IS DISGUSTING..... went around my family friends yesterday they made this. UFFF never again...

Posted 07 December 2006 - 11:04 PM (#11) User is offline   Sister-Nur-Husayn 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

I once stayed over at an aunts who made it, i found the smell so repulsive i didnt leave my room for 2 days. I cant imagine how it can taste good when it smells this way

If these things... eg stomach , testicles are makrooh... what about in some arab countires when they make the whole sheep and put it all on the table... is it allowed for them... ie is it different in other madhabs??

Ive seen hearts in some shops... is that allowed???
<BR>Unfortunate is he who cannot gain a few sincere friends during his life and more unfortunate is the one who has gained them and lost them (through his deeds) - Sayyidina Ali</P><P><BR>www.ihsanpath.com <BR>www.alhaqq.net

Posted 24 December 2006 - 09:26 PM (#12) User is offline   Everlasting-devotion 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip

UGHGHG!!!!! It is so grose!! Ew how can you people like it! It makes me puke just to think of it. My gran made it once and she insists that the taste is very nice. but the smell is too offputting to taste it

Silence Is The Language Of God

All Else

Is Poor Translation

Posted 24 December 2006 - 09:59 PM (#13) User is offline   YaNabi-Chemist 

• Full Moon
  • Group: Moderators

sheeps brain tastes even better!
Feel free to PM me if you have any health issues / ailments.

Confidentiality will be maintained.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options
  Or sign in with these services