• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What is Ghiyarvi Sharif? What is Yarami Sharif? (Shaykh Abdul Qadir Jilani)RA

Posted 07 November 2006 - 01:43 PM (#1) User is offline   Mr-Insignificant 

• New Moon
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Assalamu alaykum Wa Rehmatullah,

My Mother has been making Yarami Sharif (Food and Various Recitations of the Holy Quran, Darood Sharif) etc.... for the last 10 years or so, and i have seen it being prepared every month...........on the 11 or 12 day of the new moon i think

When i asked my mother recently, she gave me an explanation in regards to " a wedding procession which ended up drowning, then came back to Life 30 years later, with the Karamat of Hazrat Shaykh Abdul Qadir Jilani RA".........

I wasnt to sure on the authenticity of it, if anyone has any other background info that i can research, with viable and "believeable" sources, that would be great...........Just so that i know why we practice this blessed day of yarami sharif.....

Jazakallah.
"The Sufi is like the earth: every kind of abomination is thrown upon it, but naught but every kind of goodness grows from it."

(Al Junayd Baghdadi)

Posted 07 November 2006 - 02:20 PM (#2) User is offline   hb014g4573 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

Just to let you know, Urdu word for this occasion is Giyarwi shareef.  In Punjabi or mirpuri, they say it as Yarmi/yarami shareef. 

I wonder what they call it in Arabic.

Can any one also exaplin the meaning of sharif/shareef as well as in Qur'an sharif, milad sharif, Madina Sharif, Makkah Sharif, Yarmi/Giyarwi shareef, keer shareef, halwah shareef, etc.

Hope to hear from you.

Posted 07 November 2006 - 06:39 PM (#3) User is offline   Muhammad_Mobasher_Muhammadi 

• MMM
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • LocationDubai, UAE

Wa Alaikum Assalaam,

Jazak Allah for the clarification brother Iftikhar Hussain, I thought so but wasn't sure.

By the way, 'shareef', when referring to a person means 'honest', when referring to a place means 'honourable or distinguished'.

'Giyarween Shareef' is conducted in the honour of Ghous-ul-Azam it is another name for Isaal-e-Sawaab which is permitted and proved from The Holy Quran and Sunnah.

Please search the forums for more information.

Jazak Allah
What is the constant concern of The Holy Prophet Alayhis Salaatu Wa Salaam? The Forgiveness of His Ummah. Struggle for it.

A common human being uses no more than 3 percent of his brain's total capability. Where do you use the remaining 97 percent when there is nothing meaningless or unnecessary in God's creation? In search of His Ma'arifah, in the path of spirituality - to Know Him.

Posted 07 November 2006 - 07:58 PM (#4) User is offline   hb014g4573 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

Date: 2006.11.10
YaNabi Moderator: げămžąか 
Comments:Stick to the topic please.

Posted 07 November 2006 - 10:10 PM (#5) User is offline   Jilani-Media 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip

"Ghiyarvi" basically means eleventh in Urdu. The reason it's called Ghiyarvi Sharif is because it is the 11th Rabi ul-Akhir that Hazrat Ghaus-e-Azam (radiAllahu anhu) took a veil from this temporary world.

People usually commemorate this day by going to the Masjid and reciting the Holy Qur'an, listening to lectures by the Ulama etc. for Esaal-e-Sawaab (conveying reward to people who have left this world). The Ulama usually hold this gathering once a month.

Like brother Mobasher has suggested, you should search the forum as you will find much more information in our archived threads.

QUOTE Originally posted by: IFTIKHAR HUSSAIN
I wonder what they call it in Arabic.

Whatever "eleventh" is in Arabic.
-------------------------
"Undoubtedly, you have the best model in following the Messenger of Allah. This is for him who hopes for Allah and the Last Day and remembers Allah much." (33:21)

Alhamdu lillaahi rabbil aalameen, Innaa lillaahi wainnaa ilaihi raajioon, #fafafa, #588bbe

www.JilaniMedia.com

786.77.103.121.129.139 (892)

Posted 07 November 2006 - 10:21 PM (#6) User is offline   Muhammad_Mobasher_Muhammadi 

• MMM
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • LocationDubai, UAE

Originally posted by: Nabeel Bhatti Qadri

Whatever "eleventh" is in Arabic. 

Eleven in Arabic is 'Aahaada Aaashar', also pronounced as 'Haada Aashar'.

One in Arabic is called 'Ahad' and ten is called,'Aasharah' or 'Aashrah'.

Jazak Allah

What is the constant concern of The Holy Prophet Alayhis Salaatu Wa Salaam? The Forgiveness of His Ummah. Struggle for it.

A common human being uses no more than 3 percent of his brain's total capability. Where do you use the remaining 97 percent when there is nothing meaningless or unnecessary in God's creation? In search of His Ma'arifah, in the path of spirituality - to Know Him.

Posted 10 November 2006 - 12:20 PM (#7) User is offline   was_ahmeds 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

i just want to ask some people say "Gayarvi walay ki niaz" is this permitted to say that kind of words coz it is in quran clearly mention dont eat any thing which is cook aur zabeeh any thing beside ALLAH why we should not say ALLAH KI NIAZ why we should say "gayarvi walay ki niaz"

with regards

waqas ahmed
We Should be Muslim only.

Posted 10 November 2006 - 12:37 PM (#8) User is offline   Muhammad_Mobasher_Muhammadi 

• MMM
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • LocationDubai, UAE

Originally posted by: waqas ahmed

i just want to ask some people say "Gayarvi walay ki niaz" is this permitted to say that kind of words coz it is in quran clearly mention dont eat any thing which is cook aur zabeeh any thing beside ALLAH why we should not say ALLAH KI NIAZ why we should say "gayarvi walay ki niaz"with regardswaqas ahmed

Good question brother. It is better to ask rather then make assumptions.

The Urdu word 'Niaz' is a substitute for the Arabic word 'Isaal-e-Sawaab'. 'Isaal-e-Sawaab' means conveying rewards of our good deeds to the deceased and to the ones who will die in future, from 'Azal till Abad' - 'to all from the origination of the Momineen and Mominaat till the ones who will come till Qayamah'.

Allah Azzawajal is Pure from Death and Does Not Need our prayers and nor our Rewards, infact, He Is The One Who Gives us Rewards and Blesses us for conveying rewards to the deceased. That is why we donot call it 'Allah Ki Niaz'.

The meaning of the Aayat-e-Kareemah you summarized is actually teaching us to slaughter the animals In the Name of Allah or else it will be Haraam. It certainly doesnot mean that we cannot convey the reward for this food and other acts to the deceased.

Jazak Allah

Posted 10 November 2006 - 12:44 PM (#9) User is offline   Sunni-Soldier-Of-Islam 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned

Aslama o alaykhum

MOBSHER bahi i think their is no better way to explain this MASHALLAH...

their are people out their in the world twisting the intrepretration of the Quran and misguising people...

ALLAH HAFFIZ

Posted 11 November 2006 - 12:51 PM (#10) User is offline   was_ahmeds 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

brother mubashir

tnx for ur kind relply i have a request plz give me provide the reference of that ayat which u quote about the slaughter of an animal

with regards

waqas ahmed
We Should be Muslim only.

Posted 11 November 2006 - 01:25 PM (#11) User is offline   y_r 

• New Moon
  • Pip

Innama harrama AAalaykumu almaytata waalddama walahma alkhinzeeri wama ohilla bihi lighayri Allahi famani idturra ghayra baghin wala AAadin fala ithma AAalayhi inna Allaha ghafoorun raheemun
He has only made unlawful to you the Carrion, and blood and the flesh of swine and the animal that has been slaughtered by calling a name other than Allah. But he who is driven by necessity, eat neither desiring not, exceeding the need then there is no sin on him, no doubt, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.
Surah Al-Baqarah (Ayat 173)
NULL

Posted 11 November 2006 - 01:30 PM (#12) User is offline   Muhammad_Mobasher_Muhammadi 

• MMM
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • LocationDubai, UAE

Originally posted by: waqas ahmed

brother mubashir tnx for ur kind relply i have a request plz give me provide the reference of that ayat which u quote about the slaughter of an animal with regardswaqas ahmed

English(Yusuf_Ali)
"That they may witness the benefits (provided) for them, and celebrate the name of Allah, through the Days appointed, over the cattle which He has provided for them (for sacrifice): then eat ye thereof and feed the distressed ones in want. (Surah Hajj - Verse 28)

This the verse I believe you meant to reference, however, there are many Verses regarding the issue. The brother has also mentioned a verse above.

Jazak Allah

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:14 AM (#13) User is offline   piara-madinah 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

was_ahmeds, on 10 November 2006 - 12:20 PM, said:

i just want to ask some people say "Gayarvi walay ki niaz" is this permitted to say that kind of words coz it is in quran clearly mention dont eat any thing which is cook aur zabeeh any thing beside ALLAH why we should not say ALLAH KI NIAZ why we should say "gayarvi walay ki niaz"<BR><BR><BR>with regards<BR><BR>waqas ahmed

giarwen ki niaz kahty hain loog muger purhty to Allah ka naam hi hain or giarween wala janab hazrat abdul qadir ko hi kahty hain no other buzurg called giarween wala .

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options
  Or sign in with these services