• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

palm reading or (hand lines reading) palm reading or hand lines reading

Posted 27 January 2005 - 06:50 PM (#1) User is offline   Sharish1 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

salam, 
          could anyone tell me if it is right for a muslim to believe on palm reading...? what did islam say about that? if we muslims should not believe on it...so why do many people believe on it ? No one answers proper here....just like to go out of the topic...which i dont like...so please if some one like to answer this ...so please specify only about that topic...
Take care
JazakALLAH khair

SAYING of PROPHET(may peace be upon him)

"No man is true in the truest sense of the word but he who is true in work, in deed, and in thought."

Posted 28 January 2005 - 07:17 AM (#2) User is offline   rose12 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

Sister, No one has the true knowledge about hand reading or fortune telling it is HARAM. This can only take you away from Allah SWT the all knower. Run away from any one who says he or she can read your hands. Any fortune telling comes from a low knowledge that has to do with the lower astral body.
rose

Posted 28 January 2005 - 01:06 PM (#3) User is offline   fahadayaz 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

but wasn't Imam Ahmad Raza Khan RAHMATULLAH 'ALAIH an expert in the field of astrology???

<Peace and Blessings be upon You, 'O Messenger of Allah>

Posted 28 January 2005 - 03:32 PM (#4) User is offline   irfanrazakhan 

• Full Moon
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Asalamo alaykum beloved sisters and brothers

the Quraan strictly prohibits the prediction of future reading, palm reading, tarot cards etc etc!!!

"He is the knower of the unseen, and discloses not his unseen to anyone except to a messenger  with whom He is pleased" (72;26-27)

The beloved prophet said: 

"Who ever goes to a psychic or fortune teller and believes what he says has desbelifed what has been revealed to me" 

Meaning when you go to such and induldge in such acts you have disobeyed the prophet  do you think Allah will be pleased with us if we disobey?  

"He who has pleased me has pleased Allah, and he who pleases Allah will be brought by Allah into paradise" (baihaqi)

Sister i know many people take part in such activties they are not allowed, why people take part and believe other then what Allah has provided i have no idea, maybe because they are unaware? or maybe they just dont care?

bro fahad we must remember and bear in mind that astronomy and astrology are two things many people confuse the two, astronomy is a science permitted to see and reflect the creation of Allah, whereas the other is a pseudo science and is forbidden... 

astronomy teaches us about the heavns the planets, stars etc which is what imam ahmed raza khan was a expert like the many other fields this blessed individual was a expert this science is done so we can understand the processes etc for example understanding the teachings of Quraan putting them into action to seek knowledge of Allahs creation for sure Allahs has put signs in creation for us to reflect and learn from..
whereas astrology predicts future and destinies something which aala hazrat himself forbade...

Allama Ibn Abidin mentions in his colossus under ‘And the Science of Astrology’ as follows:

“It is a science through which one gets to know the evidence s from the celestial forms about the lower incidents (on the earth). It is mentioned in Mukhta’rat al-Nawazil by the author of Hidaya that ‘Ilmal-Nujum’ (the Science of Stars) is good and not blameworthy, because it is of two types:

2)       Mathematical Calculations, which is truthful and sound. The Qur’an has mentioned it.
Allah Most High says, “The sun and moon (are subjected) to calculations.” (55:05)

2) Deductional; by the orbiting of the stars and moving of the celestial bodies upon the incidents by the decree and fate of Allah. This is permissible, like the doctor deducing, well-being and illness by checking one’s pulse. If one does not have the belief of the decree and fate of Allah in (the influence of anything) and claims to know the unseen itself, he has committed an act of disbelief. Then, to learn the measure and amount of knowing the times of Salat and qibla (direction) is not a problem.’

It shows that learning more than this amount is a problem. Even, it has been stated in ‘Fusul’ of its prohibition and this is the opinion what the commentator (Allama Haskafi) ha s followed. And what is apparent, it seems that the second type is meant and not the first. This is why Imam Ghazali mentions in ‘Ihya’ that the science of the Stars is not blameworthy in itself, because it is of two types…then he says it is blameworthy in Sharia. Umar (Allah be pleased with him) said, ‘Learn from the stars which you can take guidance from, in the land and sea, then refrain yourself.’

It has been detested because of three reasons:  

a)       It is harmful for the majority of the people, because when they will be told that these effects occur after the illuminating of the stars, they will understand that they are the ‘causal factors.’

b)       The rulings of the stars are mere estimates and calculations. Even though, it was a miracle for Idris (peace be upon him) of what he narrated, but it has been abrogated

c)       There is no benefit at all from it; whatever because has been destined will occur and it is difficult to refrain fro m it.” [Ibn Abidin, Radd-al-Muhtar1: 44]

And Allah alone gives success.

Posted 29 January 2005 - 12:55 PM (#5) User is offline   irfanrazakhan 

• Full Moon
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Here are a few more hadith which are related to the subject......

Hazrat Ayesha narrates: Some people wanted to know from the holy prophet information about soothsayers. He  said: "They are humbug and nonsense". The companions asked: O messenger of Allah  sometimes they foretell something which comes true. The holy prophet  explaining this said: "That is something true which satan hears by chance from the angels and which he conveys to his collegues, and they mix a hundred falsehoods with it. (bukhrai and muslim)

Hazrat Abu Masud Badri  relates that the holy prophet has prohibited the use of sale of a dog, the earning of a prostituteand the fee of the soothsayer." (Muslim)

Hazrat ibn Abbas relates that the holy prophet said: "A person who learns a part of astrology is as if he learns magic and the more he learns this, the more he learns of magic" (Abu Dawood)

Hazrat Qabaisah bin Al mukhariq narrates the prophet said: "Fortune telling, drawing lots, or lives to find good or bad omens are all devilish practices" (Abu Dawood)    

Posted 01 February 2005 - 04:20 PM (#6) User is offline   rose12 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

Brother Irfan, Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge with us. May Allah SWT bless you all with his Rahma.
rose

Posted 01 February 2005 - 04:52 PM (#7) User is offline   irfanrazakhan 

• Full Moon
  • PipPipPipPipPip

salam sister May Allah reward you even more............. Amen

Posted 01 February 2005 - 08:09 PM (#8) User is offline   Sufi_learner 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip

Brother Fahad it was Astonomy not astrology

Posted 01 February 2005 - 08:19 PM (#9) User is offline   Unknown 

• New Moon
  • Pip

assalam alaikum i think Ala Hazrat was a expert in astrology and astromony, you can use astrology for good purposes like the greeks did and it didnt involve what these idiot fortune tellers do now adays the true nature of astrology is alot different to what people now adays think of it (fortune telling). Ala Hazrat was an expert in it and it was an important and very difficult science to learn, it is a bit like taweez some idiots do bad taweez and also you can get good taweez, same word taweez but two completly different things

Posted 02 February 2005 - 12:24 PM (#10) User is offline   irfanrazakhan 

• Full Moon
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Here are a few comments and research ala hazrat made for those that without any knowledge of his blessed life try and claim Hazrat was more a astrologer (at tanjeem)  , yes indeed he knew about this area but never induldged in it, and those that claim he did, well you are kindly requested either provide evidence and stop assumpations about the pious, hence forth stop confuseing people for Allahs sake.

Bukhari sahih that Hazrat Qatadah said:

"Allah created the stars for three purposes

1. As ornaments of the heavens;
2. As missiles against the devils;
3. As signposts for the guidance of travellers,

Whoever interprets otherwise is mistaken. Such a person is to lose his reward (on the day of resurrection) and takes upon himself that which is outside his knowledge"

Harb has reported that the learning of the lunar phases was permitted by Ahmed and Ishaque, discouraged by Hazrat Qatadah and prohibited by Uyainah.

Hazrat Abu Musa is reported to have said that Allah's messenger said:

"Three types of people will not enter paradise 
1. The habitual wine drinker 
2. The believer in socery and astrology
3. The one who severs blood rellations (Ahmed and ibn hibban sahih)

Hazrat ibn Abbas said about those people who write abjad (alphabet) to use in soothsaying, fortunetelling etc and gaze at the stars ie believe in their influences on earth "i do not see that whoever does such has any share in paradise"

Muslim recorded in sahih Hazrat Hafsah (ummul momineen)  said:

"Who ever goes to a fortune teller and asks him something and believes in his words, will have his prayer rejected for forty days." 

"And instead (of thanking Allah for the provision He gives you, on the contrary, you deny him (by disbelief and say that we have rained because of such and such lunar phase and such and such star" (56:82}       

Posted 06 April 2005 - 07:12 PM (#11) User is offline   YA_RASOOLALLAH 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

Assalamu Alaykum,
In the above hadiths it also says if u go and believe
what if you listen to wat dey say and dont believe? is that still considered haram?
Wa Alayko Mussalaam

Posted 06 April 2005 - 07:34 PM (#12) User is offline   irfanrazakhan 

• Full Moon
  • PipPipPipPipPip

SALAM sister

you will only be listening because you feel that they may tell some truth? or it could be that you want to judge how much is real, either way you have still believed...    

Posted 06 April 2005 - 07:38 PM (#13) User is offline   YA_RASOOLALLAH 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

Assalamu Alaykum
True say, Jazak Allah khair borther
Wa-Alayko Mussalaam

Posted 08 April 2005 - 08:05 PM (#14) User is offline   As-Sufiyya 

• New Moon
  • Pip

subanALLAH
Ya Rabbi bil Mustafa balligh maksidana waghfirlana maa madaa ya wasial karami.....

"I knew verily that Sufis are the seekers in Allah's Way, and their conduct is the best conduct, and their way is the best way, and their manners are the most sanctified. They have cleaned their hearts from other than Allah and they have made them as pathways)

Posted 08 April 2005 - 10:26 PM (#15) User is offline   Bas 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

Is there a distinction made between medical palmistry and fortune telling palmistry in Islam?

Medical palmistry is used to diagnose illnesses (stress lines on nails,finger and nail colour showing heart related conditions/mineral deficiencies etc, certain illnesses relating to thumb shape etc etc) Also case studies show the lines on the palm changing during periods of chronic illnesses.It doesn't appear to make claims like "you will get ill next tuesday" though so it's more like an examination.

Posted 08 April 2005 - 11:55 PM (#16) User is offline   Iqra 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

I think this is more related to fortune telling

Knowledge is what is implemented. Knowledge is not what one has memorised.

Posted 09 April 2005 - 12:48 AM (#17) User is offline   Saiqat-ur-Rada 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip

Assalam o Alaikum,

There is a big difference between Palmistry and Astrology. Palmistry is the practice or art of telling fortunes from the lines, marks, and patterns on the palms of the hands.Whereas the study of the positions and aspects of celestial bodies or stars in the belief that they have an influence on the course of natural earthly occurrences and human affairs.

Although Alahazrat RA had knowledge of Astronomy and Astrology but it was only as an art. His belief was that Almighty Allah is All-Powerful and He may alter the position of the stars whenever he wishes.

There was a person by the name of Mawlana Ghulam Hussain Sahib, who used to regard himself as an authority in Astrology. Once, Mawlana Ghulam Hussain Sahib visited A'la Hadrat (radi Allahu anhu). A'la Hadrat (radi Allahu anhu) asked him, "So! What is the situation of the rain?" After working out the position of the stars, Mawlana Ghulam Sahib drew-up an astronomical table and said,"In this month there will be no rain. It will only rain in the following month." Mawlana Sahib then handed over the astronomical table to A'la Hadrat (radi Allahu anhu). A'la Hadrat (radi Allahu anhu) examined it and said, "All the Power is by Allah. If He pleases, then it may rain now." Mawlana Ghulam Hussain then said, "Are you not observing the astronomical table?" A'la Hadrat (radi Allahu anhu) said, "I am observing everything."

A'la Hadrat (radi Allahu anhu) then looked towards the clock and asked, "What time is it?" Mawlana Ghulam Hussain said, "Quarter past eleven." Sayyiduna A'la Hadrat (radi Allahu anhu) said, "That means that there is three quarters of an hour left for twelve o' clock." Saying this, A'la Hadrat (radi Allahu anhu) walked up to the grandfather clock that was in the room. With his finger he moved the big needle of the clock until it was on the twelve, thus showing twelve o'clock. The clock began to chime. A'la Hadrat (radi Allahu anhu) then said, "You said that it would take three quarters of an hour for the needle to come to twelve o' clock." The Mawlana Sahib replied, "But you were responsible for altering the position of the needle."

On hearing this, A'la Hadrat (radi Allahu anhu) said, "Almighty Allah is All-Powerful and He may alter the position of the stars whenever he wishes..."

A'LA HADRAT (RADI ALLAHU ANHU) HAD NOT YET COMPLETED HIS SENTENCE WHEN IT BEGAN TO RAIN UNCONTROLLABLY.

Wassalam,

Posted 09 April 2005 - 01:06 AM (#18) User is offline   Secular-Revolution 

• Full Moon
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Assalam Alaikum,

SubhanAllah. How can one not admire and respect Ala Hazrat (RA). The amount of fields his knowledge encompased are numerous.

I would also like to add the field of Numerology to the debate. Ala Hazrat (RA) was well equipped with the knowledge of Ilm-e-Jaffar pioneed by Imam Jafar Saadiq (AS). I have heard that one has to have permission to learn Ilm-e-Jaffar and for this he received permission from the Holy Prophet himself.

Please note that all of the above mentioned arts have been plauged with unIslamic practices from hindus, christians alike and hence have been considered haraam and should not be confused with practices which are within the folds of Islam. E.g. Ilm-e-Jaffar is Haq, Numerology isn't, although they are similar.

Ala Hazrat (RA) has actually predicated the time to qayamat as well. When asked about how he got such information he remained quiet. But when asked if he obtained this information by using Ilm-e-Jaffar, he replied in the affirmative.

I believe some other Auliya have done the same, including Shaykh Al-Akbar Muhayyudin Ibn-e-Arabi (RA).

Kaabay Kis Mun Se Jao Ge SR!
Sharam Tum Ko Magar Nahin Aati

The difference between the Mullah and Satan is that the latter is not a hypocrite!
[Secular Revolution - the artist formerly known as Sunni Revolution]

Posted 09 April 2005 - 01:17 AM (#19) User is offline   Saiqat-ur-Rada 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip

Salam,

Alahazrat was master of 50+ known branches of knowledge. And loads of other branches which he initiated and few of them he transferred to his Khulafa and disciples and most of them no one knows after him.

Loads of pplz have written Phd thesis just on knowledge of Imam e Ahlus Sunnah.

Wassalam,

Posted 25 March 2011 - 12:38 PM (#20) User is offline   shaunmills 

• New Moon
  • Pip

My dear friend,
Salaam.
I live in the united states.. Though I am not a Muslim , but I have many Muslim friends and I believe Muslim religion has always given a lesson of peace and harmony.  Thant is why I personally love this religion.  As far as palm reading is concerned I am always attracted towards it and in my case it has given good results. Even my muslim friends love to show their palm to the experts and feel delighted. I feel there is no barrier in palm reading as far as religion is concerned . It is of personal interest and you may use this beautiful art to make your life simpler and happy.
God bless you..
Reviews are welcomed!!
Ameen!!

Want to know your destiny click:Horoscopes and Daily Horoscopes

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options