• New Moon
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Sag_e_Attar (22.06.2006)
Originally posted by: Shabbir Patel
THIS IS GREAT JAHILIYAAAA...wassalam

Asalam-o-Aleakum,
Dear Brother, this is not Jahiliyaaa
This is Ishq... What i do i'm blind, my murshid see everything..my murshid hold me... i have fault brain.... my murshid is wise...

http://library.faizaneattar.net/Urdu/Islamic_Books/07/26/Index.htm

This book is full of inaccuracies not only scientific but of understanding Quranic Sciences as well. This is Jahliyyah on a GRAND scale.

Posted 31 January 2011 - 12:05 AM (#242) User is offline   qalam 

• Full Moon
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

salam

i have just seen an intervew of some young people (so called ulema on) takbeer tv channel 845 at 2300hrs on sunday 30 january 2011.

The young ulema said that alahazrat did beleive that the earth revolves around the sun.

Why is it that the youth are brainwashed into thinking such things in contravention of modern science?

dr aq
Dr AQ- Product of a classcial education , fee paying of course!

Posted 03 January 2012 - 04:43 AM (#243) User is offline   naqshbandihaqqani 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

I have to say I had a similar discussion on another forum on this very matter and it was this very topic which made
me leave behind my former fanaticism and become a Sunniskeptic. I should thank all the Stationary Earther's for that
After reading 200 plus posts no one has still replied to brother Tahir's refutation of a number of 'proofs' put forward and also the video evidence. Let me also add Foucault's Pendulum as something which
can ONLY be explained by a rotating Earth let alone days/nights and seasons.

Actually this whole thread should be deleted and hidden from public viewing as it makes a laughing stock of a large
number of us "Barelvis".

If this is how most of us think we are doomed (till the Mahdi appears--whenever that is!)

--
At Qalam: religion generally produces such zombies--Islam was MEANT to be the exception but it too in its current iteration--and certainly as
seen by most of its proponents--produces mindless zombies who are terrified of going against Hazrat XYZ on a matter not at all to do with theology nor theodicy.

another video for the SEs:

http://vimeo.com/32001208
O marvel! A garden amidst the flames! My heart has become capable of every form:
it is a pasture for gazelles, and a convent for Christian monks,A temple for idols, and the pilgrim's Ka'ba,
the tables of the Torah and the book of the Quran. I follow the religion of Love: whatever way
Love's camels take, that is my religion and my faith.

-Ibn Arabi

Posted 03 January 2012 - 05:09 AM (#244) User is offline   naqshbandihaqqani 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

Ala Hazrat's logical arguments in al Fauz al Mubeen are based on a false premise and can therefore be easily refuted by a modern physicist. Let us just take one example:

One argument put by Sayyidi Ala Hazrat is:

1. If a heavy stone is thrown up straight, it would fall on the same place from where it was thrown, whereas according to the theory of movement of earth, it must not happen. According to it, if the earth were moving towards east, the stone would fall in west because during the time it went up and came down, that place of earth from where the stone was thrown up, due to movement of earth, would slip away towards east. Suppose, the process of stone going up and coming down took a time of 5 seconds, then according to the said speed of movement of earth, that is, 506.4 yards per second, the earth would slip away towards east by 2532 yards i.e. about one and a half miles In other words, the stone must fall in the west of that place (place of throwing up the stone) at a distance of about one and a half miles but actually it would fall on the same place from where it was thrown up. It shows that the said theory of movement of Earth is wrong.

Response:

1. This assumes that the Earth is not moving as its starting point. If the Earth is moving then your starting point from where you threw the stone up in the first place, call it X, will ALSO have moved so how can you tell where your starting point is? You need a third point of reference.

2. The stone actually does not move in a straight line up and down but in a curved motion called a parabola. Try it yourself: throw a ball in the air a few times and you will see it makes a parabola (like a sad face --an upside down U shape). This is because the ball has two components of velocity--a horizontal component and a vertical component. At its highest point the horizontal component of the velocity is zero and the ball only has a vertical component. At all other points in its flight the ball has both vertical and horizontal components. Ala Hazrat's argument completely ignores this second point which is that the heavy stone is already in motion along with the rotation of the Earth when you throw it up.
3. To understand this imagine you are in a train. If you throw a tennis ball straight up from your train seat as the train is moving would you expect the ball to move backwards? This is the same as Ala Hazrat's arguments and ignores the fact that both you and the ball are moving at the same speed as the train. To you it APPEARS as if you are not moving but all you have to do is look outside the window! To someone outside--a different frame of reference--the train is clearly moving very fast.

4. An even better illustration of the fundamental error: when you are in an aeroplane, after lift off and once the plane has reached a constant speed IT FEELS AS IF YOU ARE NOT MOVING to those inside the plane. This is due to Newton's Laws of Motion. The same way, the Earth is moving but because we are on its surface to us it appears as stationary.

I hope this clarifies the issue.
Note that in no way does this detract an iota from my love and admiration of Sayyidi Ala Hazrat.

O marvel! A garden amidst the flames! My heart has become capable of every form:
it is a pasture for gazelles, and a convent for Christian monks,A temple for idols, and the pilgrim's Ka'ba,
the tables of the Torah and the book of the Quran. I follow the religion of Love: whatever way
Love's camels take, that is my religion and my faith.

-Ibn Arabi

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:45 AM (#245) User is offline   zeeshangtk 

• New Moon
  • Pip
  • View blog

THE SUN ROTATES

For a long time European philosophers and scientists believed that the earth stood still in the centre of the universe and every other body including the sun
moved around it. In the West, this geocentric concept of the universe was prevalent right from the time of Ptolemy in the second century B.C. In 1512,
Nicholas Copernicus put forward his Heliocentric Theory of Planetary Motion, which asserted that the sun is motionless at the centre of the solar
system with the planets revolving around it.
In 1609, the German scientist Yohannus Keppler published the ‘Astronomia Nova’. In this he concluded that not only do the planets move in elliptical
orbits around the sun, they also rotate upon their axes at irregular speeds. With this knowledge it became possible for European scientists to explain
correctly many of the mechanisms of the solar system including the sequence of night and day.

After these discoveries, it was thought that the Sun was stationary and did not rotate about its axis like the Earth. Consider the following Qur’aanic verse:
“It is He Who created The Night and the Day, And the sun and the moon: All (the celestial bodies) Swim along, each in its
Rounded course.” [Al-Qur’aan 21:33]

The Arabic word used in the above verse is yasbahûn . The word yasbahûn is derived from the word sabaha. It carries with it the idea of motion that comes
from any moving body. If you use the word for a man on the ground, it would not mean that he is rolling but would mean he is walking or running. If you
use the word for a man in water it would not mean that he is floating but would mean that he is swimming.

Similarly, if you use the word yasbah for a celestial body such as the sun it would not mean that it is only flying through space but would mean that it is
also rotating as it goes through space. Most of the school textbooks have incorporated the fact that the sun rotates about its axis. The rotation of the sun
about its own axis can be proved with the help of an equipment that projects the image of the sun on the table top so that one can examine the image of the
sun without being blinded. It is noticed that the sun has spots which complete a circular motion once every 25 days i.e. the sun takes approximately 25 days
to rotate around its axis.

In fact, the sun travels through space at roughly 150 miles per second, and takes about 200 million years to complete one revolution around the center of
our Milky Way Galaxy.

“It is not permitted To the Sun to catch up The Moon, nor can The Night outstrip the Day: Each (just) swims along In (its own) orbit (According to
Law).” [Al-Qur’aan 36:40]

This verse mentions an essential fact discovered by modern astronomy, i.e. the existence of the individual orbits of the Sun and the Moon, and their
journey through space with their own motion. The ‘fixed place’ towards, which the sun travels, carrying with it the solar system, has been located
exactly by modern astronomy. It has been given a name, the Solar Apex. The solar system is indeed moving in space towards a point situated in the
constellation of Hercules (alpha Layer) whose exact location is firmly established.

The moon rotates around its axis in the same duration that it takes to revolve around the earth. It takes approximately 291⁄2 days to complete one rotation.
One cannot help but be amazed at the scientific accuracy of the Qur’aani

"The Sun does revolve around the Milky Way on an almost circular orbit with a speed of about 220km/s. The Sun completes one revolution in about 230 million years. The Milky Way also moves - we are moving towards or nearest neighbour the Andromeda galaxy and both the Milky Way and Andromeda (which make up most of what we call the 'Local Group of galaxies') are moving towards the Virgo Cluster which is our nearest cluster of galaxies. Nothing seems to stand still at all!"

Narrated Hazrat `Umar bin Al-Khattab(radiallahu 'anhu): I heard Allah's Apostle[sallahu alihi wasalam] saying,"Deeds (their correctness and rewards) depend upon intentions,and every person gets but what he has intended. So whoever emigrated for worldly benefits, or for a woman to marry, his emigration is for what he emigrated for."

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:57 AM (#246) User is offline   zeeshangtk 

• New Moon
  • Pip
  • View blog

QURAN AND SCIENCE

EVERY LIVING THING IS MADE OF WATER

Quran[21:30].

“Do not the Unbelievers see that the heavens and the earth were joined together (as one Unit of Creation), before We clove them asunder? We made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?”

Quran [24:45]

“And Allah has created Every animal from water.”

Only after advances have been made in science, do we now know that cytoplasm, the basic substance of the cell is made up of 80% water. Modern
research has also revealed that most organisms consist of 50% to 90% water and that every living entity requires water for its existence. Was it possible 14
centuries ago for any human-being to guess that every living being was made of water? Moreover would such a guess be conceivable by a human being in
the deserts of Arabia where there has always been scarcity of water? The following verse refers to the creation of animals from water:

MOUNTAINS ARE LIKE PEGS (STAKES)

In Gelogy, the phenomenon of ‘folding’ is a recently discovered fact.Folding is responsible for the formation of mountain ranges. The earth’s
crust, on which we live, is like a solid shell, while the deeper layers are hot and fluid, and thus inhospitable to any form of life. It is also known that the stability of the mountains is linked to the phenomenon of folding, for it was the folds that were to provide foundations for the reliefs that constitute themountains. Geologists tell us that the radius of the Earth is about 3,750 miles and the crust on which we live is very thin, ranging between 1 to 30 miles.
Since the crust is thin, it has a high possibility of shaking. Mountains act like stakes or tent pegs that hold the earth’s crust and give it stability. The Qur’aan contains exactly such a description in the following verse: “Have We not made The earth as a wide Expanse, And the mountains as pegs?” [Al-
Qur’aan 78:6-7]

A book named ‘Earth’ is considered as a basic reference textbook on geology in many universities around the world. One of the authors of this book is Frank Press, who was the President of the Academy of Sciences in the USA for 12 years and was the Science Advisor to former US President Jimmy Carter. In this book he illustrates the mountain in a wedge-shape and the mountain itself as a small part of the whole, whose root is deeply entrenched in the ground.According
to Dr. Press, the mountains play an important role in stabilizing the crust of the earth.The Qur’aan clearly mentions the function of the mountains in preventing the
earth from shaking:

“And We have set on the earth Mountains standing firm, Lest it should shake with them.” [Al-Qur’aan 21:31]
Narrated Hazrat `Umar bin Al-Khattab(radiallahu 'anhu): I heard Allah's Apostle[sallahu alihi wasalam] saying,"Deeds (their correctness and rewards) depend upon intentions,and every person gets but what he has intended. So whoever emigrated for worldly benefits, or for a woman to marry, his emigration is for what he emigrated for."

Posted 04 January 2014 - 11:21 PM (#247) User is offline   DSQ 

• New Moon
  • Pip

-

Share this topic:

• 13 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users