• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

wearing an Imama

Posted 30 May 2006 - 04:35 PM (#1) User is offline   THC 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Is there any additional reward for wearing a turban whilst praying?

Did rasoolullah (salalahu alaihi wasallim) always wear a turban whilst praying?

T.C

Posted 30 May 2006 - 04:45 PM (#2) User is offline   Abdul-Mustapha 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

please read the following thread: http://www.yanabi.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=83&threadid=10108&highlight_key=y&keyword1=turbans
Allaahumma Salli ala sayidana wa molana Muhammadin tibil quloobi wa dawaaiha wa aafiatil abdaani wa shifaaiha wa nooril absaari wa dhiyaaiha wa aalaa aalihi wa sahbihi wa sallam

Posted 31 May 2006 - 12:30 PM (#3) User is offline   Zarb-e-Haidari 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

It is well known fact that the Holy Prophet most often wore a black turban. Colour is important because we should like that which was liked by them. There is more proof infavour for the black than any other colour.

Green today is being used to identify the followers of Amire Dawate Islami Maulana Ilyas Attar Qadri. In history no colour has been associated with Ahle-Sunnah wal Jammah. Moulana Saeed Asad Moulana Shah Ahmad Noorani Moulana Turab ul Haq Moulana Pir Syed Zahid Hussain Shah Sahib Moulana Moulana Habeeb ur Rahman and many many others have chosen the black turban and they are without any doubt pure Sunni.. Please show me one Hadieeth Shareef where the Holy Prophet wore green or white need to be certain of the correct colour that would be the correct sunnah, however there is a Hadieeth stateing that they wore a saffron type of colour like orange with yellow ..We need more information in regards to other colours which have been attributed to the Holy Prophet besides black and saffron

No-one has the right to make one particular colour more important than which was often chosen by Rasool Allah .

The most important dates in the Holy life of our beloved Holy Prophet were conducted wearing a black turban. 

For those that think that the black turban is associated with the Shias well most Shias dont even cover their heads during prayers. Secondly their alims wear black and white not just black. Their turbans do not have the ends hanging between the shoulder blades nor they wear any hats under their turbans. Wearing a hat under a turban is important as a hatless turban was never worn by the Holy Prophet

THE TURBAN/IMAMAH IN THE LIGHT OF THE AHAADEETH OF SYEDINA RASULULLAH

One must affirm that there can be absolutely no doubt in the fact that each and every act (Sunnah) of our beloved Nabi  is considered supreme and well worthy of emulation by a true believer and follower of his esteemed lifestyle.

In fact, a true lover of Beloved Nabi  would be prepared to give his life for the practical preservation of even one Sunnah.  Such is the overwhelming thirst for emulation present in a true Ummati that it does not matter to him whether the Sunnah is connected to Ibadat (the manner in which the beloved prophet  carried out the various acts of worship) or whether the Sunnah pertains to his habit or lifestyle (the manner of his speech, manner of walking, eating, dressing etc.)

As long as it can be ascertained that our Beloved  did it, then a true Aashiq-e-Rasool (lover of prophet  will go to any lengths to bring it into his life.

At this point, one must realise that in order to cultivate such adherence, it would be of fundamental necessity that we exhaust ourselves in searching for his Sunnats and then to the extent of our ability attempt to practically adopt them into our lives.

Furthermore, we should note that it would be the dictates of devotion that those Sunnats which we perceive difficult and are unable to inculcate should be a source of immense grief and distress to us. The divine remuneration for such adherence is absolutely tremendous and beyond our wildest dreams.

Hadiths on turbans

Hazrat Mughaira ibn Sho'ba  reports that the beloved prophet  performed wudu and made Masah of the front portion of his head as well as of his turban and leather socks.
(Bukhari Shareef Vol.1 Pg. 33)

Hazrat Hurayrah  reports that the beloved Nabi  addressed the people while wearing a black turban. (Muslim Shareef Vol. 1 Pg. 134)

Hazrat Jaabir  reports that on the occasion of Fath-e-Makkah (The Conquest of Makkah),  the beloved  entered Makkah Mukarramah while wearing a black turban.
(Shamaail Tirmizi Pg 8; Ibn Majah Pg.256)

Hazrat Ibn Abbas  reports that during the illness just prior to his passing away, Nabi (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) addressed the Sahaba while wearing a black turban
(Muslim Vol.1 Pg. 439; Tirmizi Vol.1 Pg 304; lbnMajah Pg. 256)

Hazrat Abu Saeed Khudri  narrates: " It was the practice of  the beloved that whenever he wore a new item of clothing, he would (first) take the name of it. i.e. turban or Kurta or Chaadar (cloak). Thereafter, he would make the following dua - "O Allah, I am indeed grateful to You for this clothing which You have granted me. I beg of You the virtue of it and the benefit for which it was made. I seek protection in You from its harm and from the evil which it was created for

Hazrat Huraith  narrates that he saw the beloved  standing on the pulpit while he had on a black turban. Both the loose ends of the turban were hanging between his shoulder blades.
(Muslim Vol.1 Pg. 490; Ibn Abi Shaibah Vol.8, Pg.239, Ibn Majah Pg. 256,  Pg.653)

Hazrat Ayesha  narrates that once a person riding a Turkish horse (a particular breed of horse) came to the beloved   The rider had on a  turban, the tail of which hung between his shoulders. She questioned  concerning him. The beloved   expressed surprise over the fact that she had seen the rider and informed her that it was Jibraeel                                                                                                                                                       

Hazrat Ayesha  narrates that the beloved  tied on the turban of Hazrat Abdur Rahmaan Ibn Auf  and allowed for a tail the length of four fingers. He said: "When I ascended to the sky (reference to the Meraj), I saw that most of the angels had on turbans"

Hazrat Ubadah  reports that the prophet  said: "Make a practice of tying turbans since it is a hallmark of the Angels. Futhermore, tie them in such a manner that the tail hangs at the back".
(Baihaqi reported it in Shu'abul Iman; Mishkat Pg. 377)

Adopt the turban as it will increase your forebearance. Hold fast to the turban as it is the sign of the angels. Also let the loose end hang from the back (Baihaqi has reported this from Hazrat Ibn Abbas  marffoo'an (a narration in which the words of the beloved  are reported).  

.The reward of the Salah performed while wearing the turban is multiplied 25 times while (Dailami has reported this in his Musnad from Hazrat  Ibn Urnar  The angels attend the Jumu'ah while wearing turbans.  Hence, those people who are wearing turbans receive the benefit that the angels make dua for them till sunset.                                                                                                                                              

The Jumu'ah performed while wearing a turban is 70 times superior to a Jumu'ah without a turban.
 (Dailami hadiths)

Some of Allah Ta'ala's angels stand at the door of the Masjid and seek repentance on behalf
of those wearing white turban
s.      (Dailami hadith )28

Narrated from Hazrat Ibn Umar  and Hazrat Abu Hurairah  Two rakaats of Salah performed while wearing the turban are superior to seventy rakaats performed without a turban.

(Narrated by Hazrat Jaabir  Allah Ta'ala causes his mercy to decend on the people wearing turbans on the day of Jumu'ah and his angels make dua for such people.

(Dailami reports from Hazrat Abu Darda  The turban distinguishes the Muslim from the Mushriks.
(Narrated from Ali Radiallahu Anhu) Wearing turbans over one's topees distinguishes us from the Mushrikeen.

(Narrated from Rukana  Sakhawi - pg. 466)

It is perhaps due to these very narrations that the Fuqaha (Islamic Jurists) have accepted the fact that the remuneration of the salaah performed while wearing a turban is greater than one performed without it. (Kabiri pg. 214,

The reason is that the common factor in the purport of all these narrations is an increase in reward.
It is reported from Hazrat Sa'eed Ibn Jubair  that when Jibraeel   came down to punish Firoun (Pharaoh), he had on a black turban.
(Ibne Abi Shaibah vol. 8 pg. 326)
(Radul Muhtaar from Tahtawi)

Prayer offered wearing an turban is seventy times more excellent than that offered without. (Ihya Uloom ud Deen
'Imaam al Ghazaali)

Ulema and muhaddiths and awliya have stated the length was between  at times 7 yards, sometimes eleven and sometimes 13 yards of material..

Jazak Allah Khairan

Ali (as) e Imam e manasto manum ghulaam e Ali (as)

Posted 31 May 2006 - 04:58 PM (#4) User is offline   THC 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

Are these hadiths regarding the reward of the prayer with the turban weak?
T.C

Posted 31 May 2006 - 05:10 PM (#5) User is offline   Abdul-Mustapha 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

Originally posted by: Syed-Hasnain Qadiri

It is well known fact that the Holy Prophet most often wore a black turban.

The King of Madinah most often wore a white imaama. The green Imaama has become such a symbol of the Ahlesunnat Wal Jamat that no other deviant would ever wear a green imaama.

I was once travelling with my father, grandfather and brother to blackburn to see Shaykh-ul-Islam Madni Miyan Maddazillaahu Alaih and I was wearing a green Imama.

We got lost while in Blackburn and my dad stopped to ask some people directions to this mosque where we thought his eminence was to be. My dad told these people the name of this mosque and one of them told us the directions. Another one of them spotted me sitting in the back wearing a green Imama and said; "you don't want to go there! That is not a sunni masjid. Are you here to see Shaykh-ul-Islam Madni Miyan?" We replied yes and later on that night we were blessed with sitting in his eminence's company.

The moral of the story is, wear a green imama and you will always be recognised as a pure sunni

Allaahumma Salli ala sayidana wa molana Muhammadin tibil quloobi wa dawaaiha wa aafiatil abdaani wa shifaaiha wa nooril absaari wa dhiyaaiha wa aalaa aalihi wa sahbihi wa sallam

Posted 31 May 2006 - 11:00 PM (#6) User is offline   Zarb-e-Haidari 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

Show me the hadieeths where the Holy Prophet wore a white Imamah and dont forget Ahle Sunnah did not start with Dawat Islami. Like I said the true follower of Rasool Allah would follow like for like Sunnah. I wore a green Imamah and the Dawat Islami brothers thought that I was their Pir-brother ! Hows that for a Moral ! Sheikh ul Islam Madni Mian colour is saffran it is stated that the Holy Prophet wore that colour just once. But white and green need to be verified..

Do not get me wrong, I do not dislike the Dawat e Islami .. I ask a simple question I want a simple answer.. Provide proof from Hadeeth books inregards to the Holy Prophet wearing of a green or white Imamah. If you cannot then accept that the most liked colour was black and it would be wrong to tell others that they should wear green.

It would be very wrong to suggest that people who wear other colours beside green are daviant.

Jazak Allah Khairan

Posted 01 June 2006 - 12:12 AM (#7) User is offline   Sohaib 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip

ASALAAMUALAIKUM SYED SAHIB

i understand that you need answers regarding the green Imaamah Shareef... and g we agree that to wear colours other than green doesnt mean a person is devient... here are some books which you shouls read... these books are regarding the Green Imaamah Shareef..

Sabz Imama ka Jawaz

http://library.faizaneattar.net/Urdu/Islamic_Books/07/15/Index.htm

Sabz Imama Ki Barkatay sein Kazab Jal Utay

http://dawateislami.net/services/library/imageform.asp?bid=95&chno=0

Q & A

Question? Sep 13, 2000
according to my understanding the prophet (SAW) WORE A black and white TURBAN......however...dawaat-E-islami members wear green turbans....please could u give me quotations of hadith to support this claim (i may be entirely wrong)
my second question is that is it true that those people who perform good acts such as zakah, fasting etc, but do not perform salah are their good acts accepted (this is what i read in a hadith) jazakallah.

Imam reply:
To tie turban is a regular sunnah of the Holy Prophet (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him). According to the various narrations the Prophet (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) used white, black, and green color. Shaikh Abdul Haq Muhadith Dehlvi (Rahmatullah Alaih) wrote that the Prophet (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) some times tied green turban. Sulaiman bin Abi Abdullah says that "I saw migrated companions that they tie black, white, red, green and yellow turbans." (Musannafe- ibne Abi Shaiba, Vol 8, Page 241)

Length
Maulana Amjad Ali Khan in Bahar-e- Shariate and Ameer-e-Ahle Sunnat in Faizan-Sunnat write: "Turban should not be less than seven hands(3 1/2 meters) and it should not be more than 12 hands (6 meters).

Manner to Tie
Turnings of the turban should be from right side material. All kinds of cloths can be used except silken cloth.

Benefits
It has been mentioned in Masnadul Firdaus that the Prophet of Allah almighty (Allah's Grace and peace be upon Him) said that: "Ttwo rakat prayer with turban is better than 70 rakats."
It has been narrated in Dailimi that: "To pray with turban is equal to 10 thousands virtues."
It has been narrated in Hakim and Tabrani that the Holy Prophet (Allah's Grace and Peace be upon Him) said, "Tie turban it will increase your nobility and wisdom."
It has been narrated in Dailmi the Prophet (allah's Grace and Peace be upon Him) said: "Turban is humbleness of Muslims and respect of Arabs when leave turban they will loss their respect."
It has been narrated in Dailmi and Jamas that: "To offer prayer of Jumma with turban is equal to 70 Jumma prayers which have been offered without turban." Physically, turban saves from some mental disease because when sun rays
comes on spinal cord so it creates some harmful effects but loose end of turban (Shimla) stands hindrance between spinal cord and sun rays.

2. As regarding those who perform good acts like zakat and fasting, so these acts are acceptable because these are obligatory but nafil acts do not accepted until the obligatory acts are performed.

i hope this helps... INSHA ALLAH AZZAWAJAL

JAZAK ALLAH

WASALAAM

SOHAIB

A learned man who doesn’t restrain his passions is like a blind man holding a torch, he guides others but not himself.

-Shaykh Sa’di (rahmatullah alai)

Posted 01 June 2006 - 10:33 AM (#8) User is offline   Desert-Sheikh 

• Administrator
  • View blog
  • Group: Administrators

It would be very wrong to suggest that people who wear other colours beside green are daviant.

It is your personal judgment, no one calls others as deviant but deviant don't wear green.

There are many Qadri, Naqshbanidi, chishti Deviants; I'm afraid if they do start wearing green turban to deceive Ahle Sunnat.

Masha'kh-e-Ahle Sunnat wear green turban since ages, Not only the followers of Maulana Ilyas Qadri sahib but many other great Mashikh also wear green turban such as the saint of the seven continents, His eminence, Hazrat Sultan Nazim Adil Al Haqqani damat Barktuhum Aliah. Many Mashikh wear orange & red (Sadat-e-Kachocha Shairf).

At least wear Ammama what ever is the color.

Administrator
YaNabi Team

-What is it to make you wonder, if I roam the desert waste?
Not all those who wander are lost!

Posted 01 June 2006 - 11:50 AM (#9) User is offline   Abdul-Mustapha 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

Bro Hasnain, I have been told from aalim that white was the favourite colour. If you want proof just from searching the internet I have come up with this:

The Colour of the Turban

A perusal of the vast number of narrations that have passed will definitely have given some idea as to the colours of the turbans used.. The usage of a black turban was proven from reliable and authenic traditions. Also the colour white was known from the narration of Mustadrak Lil Haakim and Tabraani. Mention of the "Qitri" turban ("Qirti" refers to the place where the turban was made) with a shade of red is found in a narration of Abu Dawood. Once again, a general view of leniency from the various narrations with regard to the colour of the turban is ascertained.
If we look at it from another point of view, we find that Nabi (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) enjoined the adoption of the color white.With regard to clothing, he said:
"Adopt white clothing as it is more pure and clean. Also, bury those who have passed away in white (shrouds)."  (Ahmed, Ashabus Sunan, Haakim - Haakim declared this narration as Sahih - reliable). In the narration of Ibn Abbas (Radiallahu Anhu), the following variation is mentioned;
"...For it (white clothing) is amongst the best of clothing" (Ahmed, Ashabus Sunan, Nasai, Tirmizi who have declared it as 'Sahih', Ibn HibaanFathul Baari - vol. 10 pg. 283 - The book on clothing - chapter on white clothing
NB. The turban is also regarded as an itme of clothing and comes within the purview of the bove Hadith.

Munaawi quotes from Sharah Zaila'i that the wearing of a black turban is Masnoon because it is proven from Hadith. Nevertheless, the most superior is the white Turban. This superiority of the colour white will not be negated by the fact that Nabi (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) wore the colour black also or that the angels descended on the day of the battle of Badr wearing the colour yellow. The reason being that the opting for a colour aside from white would probably have been motivated by certain circumstances and extenuating factors. This has been the explanation given by certain honoured Ulama. It must be understood that the mention of the virtue of white clothing in the Hadith to such an extent that the virtue extends even to the life of the grave will remain as a general ruling encompassing all items of clothing including the turban. This prestige will not be surpassed by such incidents which appear to the contrary.
(Sharah Shamaail Lil Munaawi vol. 1 pg. 165)  Munaawi has also personally mentioned this - refer to Faizul Qadeer vol.1 pg. 655)

A gist of the above is as follows:- It is learnt that a white turban is the most preferable while black is also Masnoon. However, the adoption of any color will be regarded as fulfilling of the Sunnah as long as some mention is found of it in the Hadith.

I hope that helps bro.

As with regards to the green, this is in hadith. Dawat-e-Islami used to wear brown imama and then decided to change because brown was not a sunnah colour and so changed to green. The green that is sunnah should be darker then the ones that Dawat-e-Islami wear. I'm sure Brother Naveed can clarify this.

Also I did not make up that statement that deviants would never wear green! And I did not mean that if you didn't wear green you are deviant. This was told to me by numerous Dawat-e-Islami brothers.

Like Naveed bhai said, it is first the matter of wearing a Imama, whatever the colour.

Wassalaam, zhain

Posted 01 June 2006 - 04:42 PM (#10) User is offline   QadriAttari786 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip

White and black imama sharif are also sunnah, but you cannot argue that green imama sharif is not sunnah because it is definitely proven from the sunnah too.

Hazrat Allama Mufti Faiz Ahmed Owais Sahib has written a book which proves the green imama sharif from sunnah. It is called "Sabz imama ka jawaaz". (Proof for the Green Imama Sharif) Go read it, and remember that Huzoor Faiz-e-Millat Mufti Shaykh ul Hadees Faiz Ahmed Owaisi is not a mureed of Hazrat Allama Maulana Ilyas Qadri Sahib and also remember that Huzoor Faiz-e-Millat is a top ranking aalim and sufi shaykh. The book is available online for reading at this link:

http://library.faiza...07/15/Index.htm

There is also a book on this topic written by Hazrat Allama Maulana Abdul Razzaq Chishti Bhatraalvi on this topic. Note that he is not a mureed of Ameer-e-Ahle Sunnat Maulana Ilyas Qadri Sahib. The book can be read online at this link:

http://www.dawateisl...ault.asp?bid=95

There is also a green imama sharif which belonged to the Beloved Prophet sallalalo alayhi wa aalihi wassalam in safe keeping in display case for everyone to do ziarat. A picture of this green imama sharif can be seen at:
http://members.aol.c...tari1/tabk2.jpg

Green imama sharif

There is no point in arguing against the green imama sharif. It is proven from the sunnah and these proofs are present in the above linked books. For anyone who cannot read urdu, simply look at the picture at the above link and see a picture of the green imama sharif of the Sweet Madani Prophet sallalaho alayhi wa aalihi wassalam.

Now I think anyone who does not know the truth about the green imama sharif has been flooded with facts ALHAMDULILLAH AZZAWAJJAL ! I request that all brothers and sisters read visit the above links and if anyone has any other questions, you can give them even more evidence from the book INSHA ALLAH AZZAWAJJAL.

Posted 01 June 2006 - 04:50 PM (#11) User is offline   Imran. 

• Full Moon
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Assalaam Alaikum!
Forgive me for going off topic, but what silsila does Hadrat Allaama Mufti Faiz Ahmed Owais Sahib belong too?

This just something i've wanted to know.

Without doubt they are a great Alim e deen.

JazaakAllah in advance!

Posted 03 June 2006 - 08:39 AM (#12) User is offline   rehansayyed 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip

ASSALAMALIKUM WA RAHMATULLAHI WA BARKATAHU,

IT IS VERY SAD VERY SAD THAT PEOPLE ARE DEBATING ON WHICH EMAMA SHARIF COLOR IS TO BE GIVEN IMPORTANCE . BROTHERS PLEASE THINK AGAIN N AGAIN THE TIME WHEN IN INDIA MAJORITY OF PEOPLE EVEN DIN"T THOUGHT EMAMA SHARIF IS SUNNAT. MOST OF THE PEOPLE WERE AWAY FROM SUNNAT OF OUR MADANI AQA AND WHEN DAWATE ISLAMI CAME PEOPLE STARTED COMING NEAR TO NAMAZ AND SUNNAT WHICH HAD A GREAT IMPACT ON INDIAN MUSLIMS AND ELSEWHERE IN THE WORLD BECAUSE OF DAWAT-E-ISLAMI  I HAVE MENTIONED THIS IN MY PREVOIUS POST THAT IN FAJAR NAMAZ WE USED TO HAVE 200 BROTHERS WITH GREEN EMAMA COMING TO NAMAZ AND ALSO GETTING OTHER BROTHERS TO NAMAZ BY CALLING THEM FROM THEIR HOUSES THROUGH SADA_E_MADINA . BROTHER "....XYZ.." DONT WANT TO TAKE HIS NAME IS GIVING SO MANY PROOF OF BLACK EMAMA SHARIF WE KNOW THAT WHITE AND BLACK ARE ALSO SUNNAT . WEARING EMAMA SHARIF IS SUBHANALLAH  TO BE ON SHARIAH PATH WITH WHOLE HEART AND DO THE DEEN ISLAM WORK IS JIHAD WITH NAFSE . BROTHER PEOPLE ASSOCIATED WITH DAWAT-E-ISLAMI WEAR GREEN EMAMA THATS THEIR SIGN AND ALHAMDULLILAH GREEN COLOR OF EMAMA IS A NISBAT OF GUMBAD -E-KHIZRA NOW IF YOU OR OTHERS DONT LIKE THAT THEN THAT IS YOUR PERSONAL PROBLEM . WE SHOULD STOP DEBATING ON EMAMA COLOR IMPORTANCE AND JUST LOOK INTO OUR OWN THAT *WHAT DIFFERENCE WE ARE BRINGING TO OUR LIFE AND OTHERS BY SPREADING THE ISLAMIC WORK. HAVE WE QUESTIONED THIS TO OUR SELVES???? * BROTHER DO OUR FAMILY WORKS ACCORDING TO SHARIAH AND SUNNAT  WE SHOULD PUT THIS QUESTION TO OURSELVES????  THEN WE SHOULD POINT A FINGER ON ANY MADANI ORGANISATION DOING SUCH A GREAT WORK .

DEAR ALL , WHY DONT WE THINK UNITY OTHERS THEN CREATING ISSUES OF THE GOOD WORK DONE BY ANY AHLE SUNNAH ORGANISATION. WE SHOULD THINK FOR SUNNIYAT IN A BROADER PROSPECTIVE AND TRY TO MOLD OURSELVES AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE ACCORDING TO SHARIAD AND SUNNAH.

I HAVE DO ISLAH OF MYSELVES AND OTHERS ISLAMI BROTHERS AND SISTERS .
MY MADANI MISSION.
MAKE A MISSION WHICH UNITES IN THE NAME AND  LOVE MADANI AQA,

BROTHERS SISTERS HAVING SUCH A GREAT KNOWLEDGE IN AHADEES MUBARAK SHOULD GET ENGAGED IN THE MADANI WORK IN THEIR AREA.

NULL

Posted 03 June 2006 - 11:59 PM (#13) User is offline   Zarb-e-Haidari 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

Aslamoalikum,
My dear Attari brothers,

I asked a simple question because I have been told different. Your response shows that you are more interested in defending the green colour rather than to produce proof from hadieeth books in defence of that colour. The works of Dawat e Islami is great we have no doubts regarding that its not the topic though. No-one is attacking any madni jamaat. I am asking this question to a wider audiance not just to our attari brothers.

WE NEED TO READ THE QUESTION AGAIN WHICH IS WE NEED TO FIND HADIEETH AS TO WHAT COLOUR RASOOL ALLAH CHOSE FOR THEIR HOLY IMAMAH ITS THAT SIMPLE.

I  am not going to remind anyone again. If you cannot find any Hadieeths in support of the green colour just say so. There is no need to go off the topic.

Please forgive me if I offended anyone....

Jazak Allah Khairan

Posted 04 June 2006 - 08:16 AM (#14) User is offline   QadriAttari786 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip

Syed Hasnain Sahib, please go to the links provided above and read them.

Posted 04 June 2006 - 09:15 AM (#15) User is offline   Zarb-e-Haidari 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

Asalamoalikum,

Jazak Allah Khairan please could you get all the Hadieeths together in support of the green and white colours.

I am sure that would be not too difficult as all they need is to be gathered together.

I need to then collect all in favour of the black colour and then we can compare and establish as to which colour was worn by the Holy Prophet most often for their blessed Imamah. This is not a debate but only a research to find the correct answers.

Why we need to do this is because of the LOVE of the Sunnah of Sarkar e Madina ...

I am asking as to seek knowledge and establish the facts.

Jazak Allah Khairan

Posted 04 June 2006 - 10:40 AM (#16) User is offline   Desert-Sheikh 

• Administrator
  • View blog
  • Group: Administrators

Aslamoalikum,
My dear Attari brothers,

I asked a simple question because I have been told different. Your response shows that you are more interested in defending the green colour rather than to produce proof from hadieeth books in defence of that colour. The works of Dawat e Islami is great we have no doubts regarding that its not the topic though. No-one is attacking any madni jamaat. I am asking this question to a wider audiance not just to our attari brothers.

WE NEED TO READ THE QUESTION AGAIN WHICH IS WE NEED TO FIND HADIEETH AS TO WHAT COLOUR RASOOL ALLAH  CHOSE FOR THEIR HOLY IMAMAH ITS THAT SIMPLE.

I  am not going to remind anyone again. If you cannot find any Hadieeths in support of the green colour just say so. There is no need to go off the topic.

Please forgive me if I offended anyone....

Jazak Allah Khairan

Shah Jee, it is a common sense that majority of Attari brothers wear green turban so defiantly they'll reply or "defend".

Otherwise, it is well known that Prophet Sallalhu Alieh Wassalam mostly used white & black color turbans but some times green too.

Turban it self is a Sunnah, color is the second priority, wear turban, whatever is the color.

Ameer-e-Ahle Sunnat Maulana Ilyas Qadri sahib revived this Sunnah, still we see many scholars don't wear it but common public use turbans.

We don't know/assume your intentions, but you don't consider these replies as a "debate", when Sunni's don't have anything to do then they do start "establishing the facts" or create Fitna's.

You are doing a great job.

Administrator
YaNabi Team

-What is it to make you wonder, if I roam the desert waste?
Not all those who wander are lost!

Posted 04 June 2006 - 11:36 AM (#17) User is offline   Abdul-Mustapha 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

Asalamoalikum,Jazak Allah Khairan please could you get all the Hadieeths together in support of the green and white colours. I am sure that would be not too difficult as all they need is to be gathered together. I need to then collect all in favour of the black colour and then we can compare and establish as to which colour was worn by the Holy Prophet most often for their blessed Imamah. This is not a debate but only a research to find the correct answers. Why we need to do this is because of the LOVE of the Sunnah of Sarkar e Madina ...I am asking as to seek knowledge and establish the facts.Jazak Allah Khairan

Brother, ulema ikraam have already done this task of finding out which colour was worn more... Why do you feel that we need all the hadiths on the colours of imamas in this thread so that you can decide what the verdict is?

I realise that you are not starting no debate, and that you are simply enquiring, but these are established facts. The white Imama was the most commonly worn, black imama was also frequently worn. Other colours like the Green and gold were also worn, but rarely compared to White and Black.

Dawat-e-Islami have done great job, like Sayyid Rehan Attari said, to get so many people wearing Imama, regardless of colour. We need to focus on wearing an Imama and after we are steadfast with that, we can decide which colours to wear.

There are books available on Imama Sharif, some on Dawateislami.net
I hope you find an answer that suits you.

I apologize if I offended anyone, Zhain

Posted 05 June 2006 - 02:15 PM (#18) User is offline   Zarb-e-Haidari 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

Aslamoalikum my dear beloved Muslim sisters and brothers.

Jazak Allah for your great comments lets get to the bottom of this I was told by a leading sunni alim that the Holy Prophet only wore a black Imama and that there is one evidence of wearing a saffron/orange in Hadieeths. I have great respect for all pure sunni ulamas.

What this alim said confused me because I thought as yourselves that the Holy Prophet wore black and white most and saffron-orange / green sometimes.

Now to find the truth I started asking other Ulamas and they were contradicting each other..

Then I thought lets see if this topic was covered in yanabi.com ..

Here too was contradiction that our attari brothers were trying to promote the green colour. So anything they said was not treated as serious as group colours are going to further devide the ummah. We already have mureeds of different pirs trying to show off wearing odd shaped hats in stripes and colours...!

I place complete importance on following the correct sunnah. When my pir-sahib first saw me wearing a black Imama they gave me Mubarek on establishing the sunnah in a stead-fast manner. I have no-problem in wearing it nor my sons. Alhamdulilah

When people slip-up on following the sunnah no-one bothers then they slip-up on their fardz too. Then its too late. Being stead-fast on the sunnah would make conducting the fardz much better with the true love of Rasool Allah as the foundation of a stong Iman.

Tajdaar-e-Madina Imamul Ammbiyyah Hazhrat Muhammad wore their blessed Imama most often in Black as there are more Hadieeths in favour of this. Now comes the household of the Holy Prophet most often amongst them wore Black Imamas.

We have accounts of the Ahle e Rasool as wearing Black for 300 yrs then they were forced to wear green by the Abbassi Khalifahs... Thats how green became known as the colour of Syeds. The Abbassi Khalifahs chose black as their official colour just for themselves and to prove themselves as elite. So even in the eyes of the enemies of the Ahle e Baieet the colour Black has great respect.

We have Ibn Zayad the Lanati riding into kufa wearing a black imamah trying to imitate Imam Hussain so that he could enter Kufa without being challenged and mislead people into thinking that he was the blessed Imam. This was just before the battle of Karbala.

We have the great saint Hassan Basri being radiculed for wearing the black Imama ! by the other Lanati Hujjaj bin Yousaf who even attacked the Ka'aba and desecrated the Haramain Shareef.

Colour in not important but when a group designates a colour for their identity then they have to defend their colour.. Then others will ask them as to why they chose this colour when their whole ideal stands on following the sunnah to its smallest detail... !

So here I ask the same old question as to what right does a particular sunni leader have to choose a colour which was not chosen by our the mercy of all worlds Sarkar e Madina ...?

I do not want anymore of your time wasted as the truth has been established and I conclude without going anyfurther.

Jazak Allah Khairan

Posted 05 June 2006 - 06:27 PM (#19) User is offline   Bilal-Ahmad-UK 

• New Moon
  • Pip

The colour green reminds one of the Blessed Resting Place Of Rasool Allah Azzawajjal, but Allahu 'Aalim....i posted a post here before with images of Imama's of Rasool Allah Azzawajjal...i don't know what happened to them, if it didn't post properly or what...i'll try again:

"Ba Adab Ba Naseeb bay Adab bay Naseeb!"

Posted 05 June 2006 - 07:10 PM (#20) User is offline   Qadri-Dewana 

• New Moon
  • Pip

Colour in not important but when a group designates a colour for their identity then they have to defend their colour.. Then others will ask them as to why they chose this colour when their whole ideal stands on following the sunnah to its smallest detail... !

So here I ask the same old question as to what right does a particular sunni leader have to choose a colour which was not chosen by our the mercy of all worlds Sarkar e Madina
...?

Brother Hasnain Qadri, I am sorry to say that but what you wrote in the end and says "particular sunni leader" tell us the whole story behind your questioning.   It is extreamly sad to see that among Ahle sunnat wal jamat this kind of jealousy.   My shaikh-e-kamil (RA) use to wear green amama shareef.   I never dare to ask him just starting following him.  This is even before that when Dawat e Islami adopted green Amama shareef (they used to wear dark brown).   Then after his wisal shareef from this world, I came across his maktoobat shareef and found out that when he gave the hazri to Sarhind Shareef (My Shaikh (RA) saw Hazrat Mujadid Alf sani (RA) wearing a green amama shareef and he did Musafiha and Muanqa with him. 

I am not a mureed of Ameer-e-Ahle sunat. However, I am a great admirer of him and respect him a lot since he has revived the sunnah of Sarkaar sallal la hu ali hai wassalam.   This was a teaching of my shaikh-e-Kamil (RA) to us that never ever had an iota of disrespect, jealousy towards a wali of Allah (aza wa jal).    Only one criteria, love and respect someone for the sake of Allah and his beloved (sallul la ho alai hai wassalam) and hate someone for the same reason.   May Allah subhana hu wa ta ala give us a taufeeq to respect other Mashaikh-e-Kiram as well.   

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options
  Or sign in with these services